Anvil by Vestratto

condition

it works well but if the torch is big you have less control....
so far i used only Honest small torch with the Anvil, i never let the blue flame touch it, it took 30 seconds i think?
felt like reallly in control... the flavour was good. my friend combusted with Big Buddy torch so be careful
Thanks I am trying to avoid combustion. Do you have any tips for heating with torches equivalent to Big Buddy?

Also in general is it better to aim for a 25 seconds click or try heating for 45 seconds for a slow roach?

condition,
Reactions: GoldenBud

fogbank

Way more compact, and quiet:tup:
I found that heating for 30 flashes after the click works perfectly for me with the Wand. I use the button to turn the heater off and back on when the Anvil clicks, then I count the 30 flashes.

The Wand takes longer than most of my other induction heaters with the Anvil. I feel like that is due to the larger coil with more empty space between the coil and the Anvil. My other induction heaters have smaller coils and there is less space between the coils and the Anvil.

However the Wand has replaceable 18650 batteries, which is a significant advantage over my other heaters. I don't worry as much about voltage sag or dead batteries etc. It took me a while to get it dialed in, and I had to rig up a screen in the silicone DV adapter to keep the Anvil at the right depth in the coil. But in the end the Wand works very well with the Anvil.

fogbank,

condition

Yup same here
Honest torch about an half inch strong blue flame, only the light blue flame touching the metal, great control
Why we do not want the blue flame touch the metal?
However the Wand has replaceable 18650 batteries, which is a significant advantage over my other heaters. I don't worry as much about voltage sag or dead batteries etc. It took me a while to get it dialed in, and I had to rig up a screen in the silicone DV adapter to keep the Anvil at the right depth in the coil. But in the end the Wand works very well with the Anvil.
You also use the glass part of the DV adapter, right? I am thinking to try it

condition,

caseball2051

Whenever I use my Anvil, i only use the hotter inner flame touching the oven.

It works just fine.

Torch size, torch intensity, torch location are just some of the variables you can play with to find that works best for you.

Edit to add since I was going to do a bowl anyway.

Ronxs torch with the inner flame at about an inch in length. Inner flame pointed right at the lowest largest thermal battery for 37sec to get a click. One enormous hit through my beaker (been running it dry lately) and it's completely extracted.

Last edited:

fogbank

You also use the glass part of the DV adapter, right? I am thinking to try it
No, the Anvil will not fit in the glass part of the DV adapter. It fits perfectly within the silicone sleeve of the DV adapter, but without the glass part.
I flattened an old basket screen and inserted it into the bottom of the silicone sleeve to stop the Avil from sitting too deep in the coil hole. That leaves the coils heating the Anvil oven just above the copper thermal battery.

Greenleaf88

I have tried the outer flame not as tasty and weaker hit.

The reason ur going for a 30 to 35 sec click is when u will get the best vapor and taste, you can test all u want the size and how Intense the flame is controls ur hit.

Edit: for example if ur using a ronx and make the flame real long to match the Firefox production, ur gonna use the outer flame.

SillyNotMe

I am a new owner. I have read a big part of the thread, but still not clear about heating times.
As I have already combusted once with my big torch, instructions here will help me at least avoid some combustion and bad taste.
My fire arsenal is this
lighters.jpg

gefu-flambierbrenner-fuego-01.jpg
Big torch with the smallest sturdy flame you can. Heat up should be about 30 seconds. If you want a darker roast, increase your flame size. Heat up time should still be 30 seconds.

My_50p_worth

I’m also on the side of using the inner flame, I’m using a blazer firefox for reference. Heat is heat, regardless of which flame you use. Finding the right amount of heat while being mindful of the thermal lag is the trick. You can use the gaps between clicks to guide you, it’s pretty foolproof

I’ve found the absolute best hits I get are as the fuel runs low, the flame shrinks and I have to hold the anvil deep in the inner flame and hold on until the second click. I’ve never timed it but it’s a fairly quick heatup

Those hits are something else man. Highly recommend

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
Apologies for not having time to read thru this thread, but I'm about to take the plunge and order an Anvil and I'm looking for opinions between the normal and integrated stem.

VapeKnight,

My_50p_worth

Apologies for not having time to read thru this thread, but I'm about to take the plunge and order an Anvil and I'm looking for opinions between the normal and integrated stem.
Integrated - way more reliable, slightly less airflow options

Normal - more airflow options, can be unreliable in terms of the adjustment mechanism getting stuck and wobbling on the oven

I’ve used both and I prefer the integrated

ibnganja

same for me -- inner flame, at least 30 seconds. If I try to rush it with any variable of flame size, speed, etc, I tend to get too close to combustion for my taste. When you get it dialed in to where you like it, it's surprisingly consistent.

ibnganja,
Reactions: Arawfish

Greenleaf88

Integrated - way more reliable, slightly less airflow options

Normal - more airflow options, can be unreliable in terms of the adjustment mechanism getting stuck and wobbling on the oven

I’ve used both and I prefer the integrated
I agree more options with the normal but the integrated did a good job of getting g the couple of airflow that most ppl use.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Jah75

My_50p_worth

I agree more options with the normal but the integrated did a good job of getting g the couple of airflow that most ppl use.
Yeah for sure. I use max airflow all the time so the only thing for me was one of reliability

On another note, how long do we think the threads on the oven will last?

I’m tempted to pick up a spare oven just in case the threads go, or the constant heating and cooling causes issues with the copper core

My_50p_worth,

Greenleaf88

I'm not getting results with Integrated stem, might go back to original.
Almost impossible considering u get results fully opened. Is it installed properly everything is sealed?

I do find ut a bit harder to trun to adjust but once u get it where you like it it doesn't move.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Allow me to introduce the AIO. Anvil In One, using a 90 degree 14mm male to 14mm female adapter from Oregon Glass Works on my Stache RIO. Slide out the torch and you can leave it fixed at your preferred location on the Anvil. And the power of the RIO torch is just right (tho inner tip touching Anvil is too powerful, about 1/4 inch away feels about right so far).

I am loving the AIO setup!
I have gotten to the point of easy replication by marking the fuel tank with a line for exact positioning depending on temp I want.
I also added a little Teflon tape to the Oregon Glass Adapter which gives a bit more distance between Anvil and torch.
I don’t bother with water, not necessary.
Thanks for the introduction @Texus - for me, the easiest way to use my Anvil!!

(Side note: the Oregon Glass Adapter is beautifully made, something about the angles that impresses me every time I touch/look at it. It just stands out in quality next to my other cheap adapters)

Here’s a pic - you can sort of see the silver line on the fuel tank that I made for perfect positioning.
Also, I always forget which way to turn the fuel wheel, so I had to make a cheat sheet for my stoner mind! :lol:

E0-CA756-C-D03-E-4-DCF-87-D8-337-A9-A7-BC1-AC.jpg

Petetbay

I am loving the AIO setup!
I have gotten to the point of easy replication by marking the fuel tank with a line for exact positioning depending on temp I want.
I also added a little Teflon tape to the Oregon Glass Adapter which gives a bit more distance between Anvil and torch.
I don’t bother with water, not necessary.
Thanks for the introduction @Texus - for me, the easiest way to use my Anvil!!

(Side note: the Oregon Glass Adapter is beautifully made, something about the angles that impresses me every time I touch/look at it. It just stands out in quality next to my other cheap adapters)

Here’s a pic - you can sort of see the silver line on the fuel tank that I made for perfect positioning.
Also, I always forget which way to turn the fuel wheel, so I had to make a cheat sheet for my stoner mind! :lol:

E0-CA756-C-D03-E-4-DCF-87-D8-337-A9-A7-BC1-AC.jpg
AIO is nice, but that doesn’t look safe to me. Maybe use a 45* adapter to angle it so it can’t fall out so easy. :2c:

RedZep

I also use the tip of the inner flame. I strongly feel like this will be dependent on what lighter people are using, and should not be used as a reference guide.

Inner flame is hotter/more efficient, so if your lighter's inner flame heats the Anvil within the optimum timeframe, then you are golden.

RedZep,

KievanRus882

Almost impossible considering u get results fully opened. Is it installed properly everything is sealed?

I do find ut a bit harder to trun to adjust but once u get it where you like it it doesn't move.
I'm not getting good airflow with it, vapor comes out slowly, its installed properly everything and sealed, i'll try adjusting it, and maybe get better results.

KievanRus882,
Top Bottom