• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

someTooL

Pro tip from a non pro apparently. When filling your Blazer, hold the top! The little screws on the bottom can (will) break. Happens when your applying pressure to refill. Mine slammed to the ground bending the outlet causing the flame to be ruined.

Happy note though, replacement ordered and Anvil is still 100% functional.

Slartibartfast67

Haven't posted here in a while *waves* but I've had my Anvil for about three weeks now so I thought I'd give my two cents.

tl:dr - I love it, the case is great, the half bowl is ok.

For background, I got this device to 'ride the line' and try and blast the bowl in one hit. I always use it through a water piece, and I use a double torch lighter that I got online. I set the torch on medium and put the flames right on the battery. I get the first click in around 35-45 seconds. I usually get a really big hit like this-it milks up the piece nicely, and I generally get very dark ABV. If the ABV isn't dark enough I will do a reheat cycle but of course the second rip is a good deal lighter. It hits hard like this.

I also got the half bowl and I thought I'd like it but I prefer the regular bowl. I get less full extraction on the half bowl it seems like. I can't understand it but that seems to be my standard pattern.

After using it for a while, I love the metal tube case. If you put an empty bowl on the bottom of the cap, it being off-center actually makes it easier to fill it by scooping directly from the grinder. The inside of the cap also holds an extra bowl and fits closely so a full bowl won't spill. The case makes it really easy to do a hit, change out the old bowl for the backup, and get a second hit quickly. I wouldn't spend the $40 on the metal tube if you plan on getting a stash or something, but if you just want a way to carry the device and a backup bowl the tube case is great. Obviously being metal it provides excellent protection. The Anvil fits perfectly without rattling or moving.

Overall I love the device. It has been the device I have used over 90% of the time since I got it, so it's certainly passing the reach test. If you can afford it and are interested, I'd say go for it if you want a heavy hitter that will milk up a water piece. I wouldn't consider this a replacement for a Dynavap-it has a completely different function, at least for me. I use it as a blast-you-in-the-face heavy hitter. It sounds like people are finding a lot of different ways to use it and that's very cool.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Haven't posted here in a while *waves* but I've had my Anvil for about three weeks now so I thought I'd give my two cents.

tl:dr - I love it, the case is great, the half bowl is ok.

For background, I got this device to 'ride the line' and try and blast the bowl in one hit. I always use it through a water piece, and I use a double torch lighter that I got online. I set the torch on medium and put the flames right on the battery. I get the first click in around 35-45 seconds. I usually get a really big hit like this-it milks up the piece nicely, and I generally get very dark ABV. If the ABV isn't dark enough I will do a reheat cycle but of course the second rip is a good deal lighter. It hits hard like this.

I also got the half bowl and I thought I'd like it but I prefer the regular bowl. I get less full extraction on the half bowl it seems like. I can't understand it but that seems to be my standard pattern.

After using it for a while, I love the metal tube case. If you put an empty bowl on the bottom of the cap, it being off-center actually makes it easier to fill it by scooping directly from the grinder. The inside of the cap also holds an extra bowl and fits closely so a full bowl won't spill. The case makes it really easy to do a hit, change out the old bowl for the backup, and get a second hit quickly. I wouldn't spend the $40 on the metal tube if you plan on getting a stash or something, but if you just want a way to carry the device and a backup bowl the tube case is great. Obviously being metal it provides excellent protection. The Anvil fits perfectly without rattling or moving.

Overall I love the device. It has been the device I have used over 90% of the time since I got it, so it's certainly passing the reach test. If you can afford it and are interested, I'd say go for it if you want a heavy hitter that will milk up a water piece. I wouldn't consider this a replacement for a Dynavap-it has a completely different function, at least for me. I use it as a blast-you-in-the-face heavy hitter. It sounds like people are finding a lot of different ways to use it and that's very cool.
Get this torch and some fancy butane for home use. It's quiet and the single flame is strong enough to click the battery in 25 seconds.

RONXS Torch Lighter https://a.co/d/i3kB5Eq

Xikar PUROFINE Premium Butane 8oz (4 Pack)

3xFantasyChamp

I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point. This is pretty much how I feel about the Anvil as well.

I'm aware of the heavy hitting desktop units. I've seen some units/devices that have caught my attention. At the end of the day though, I don't like having to plug in devices. My lifestyle and my personal choice of not vaping in my house makes it to where the Anvil suits my needs perfectly. Straight up, I take my Anvil to my garage. Load up the XL bowl. Toss it in my water piece and torch it for 25 seconds. Consistent, heavy clouds that milks my glass real hard. For me, it's the closest thing to smoke. It emulates my combustion days very well but surprise! It's all vapour and no smoke :dog: But I'm with you there. I use it as an RTL face blaster too.

Mowjo

Get this torch and some fancy butane for home use. It's quiet and the single flame is strong enough to click the battery in 25 seconds.

That torch is dope. I just tested out a triple flame I got with my DV long ago and it was okay? Less ergonomic than the Firefox mini.

I have had decent luck with Ronson Butane.

Mowjo,
Reactions: bossman

Slartibartfast67

Thanks for the tip. I was using a zippo insert, which worked fine, but the reservoir is so small that you could only heat the Anvil two or three times before needing to refill. I upgraded to a couple of these, and they work fine and last longer between refills
I wish I'd heard about the Ronxs first. I'll probably pick one up at some point.

Slartibartfast67,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks for the tip. I was using a zippo insert, which worked fine, but the reservoir is so small that you could only heat the Anvil two or three times before needing to refill. I upgraded to a couple of these, and they work fine and last longer between refills
I wish I'd heard about the Ronxs first. I'll probably pick one up at some point.
For under twenty bucks it's worth it to give the Anvil the pinpoint power it likes, yeah.

I only fill mine with one long squirt from the butane can and only bleed it at the end before refilling. The flame is longer and stronger than the Blazer PT4000s I've owned and quieter than the Honest pencil torch two pack I have as a backup. These cheap Honest torches are also a great value, though not as quiet, pointy or strong as the Ronx:

IEIK Butane Torch Lighter 2 Pack https://a.co/d/8qndsIS

Greenleaf88

Ronxs is great for 20 bucks and I do have one as a back up and great torch but if u really like to rdl I really do recommend the Firefox mini, it requires a little more of an investment but a little more powerful and heats it a little hotter from my experience. You truly get the rdl experience.

Comfortably Numb

$ 22.50 here

I also use the cheap Honest torches...you can get them from Sticky Brick direct or POTV under Sticky Brick accessories...I have bought from Ebay before but received knockoffs of the $ 6.00 Honest torch if you can believe that...

Comfortably Numb,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

$ 22.50 here

I also use the cheap Honest torches...you can get them from Sticky Brick direct or POTV under Sticky Brick accessories...I have bought from Ebay before but received knockoffs of the $ 6.00 Honest torch if you can believe that...
Did you click on the link? I'm talking about the big ugly pencil torch, not the little grey Honest torch that came with my brick; those aren't strong enough to get the most from the Anvil and it's odd to think Whiff got so much use from his.

Admittedly there's variance between units but I've never seen a Firefox mini with what I'd consider a long max flame. Is something up with your Ronx maybe?
PXL-20220629-184359230-2.jpg

coolbreeze

Did you click on the link? I'm talking about the big ugly pencil torch, not the little grey Honest torch that came with my brick; those aren't strong enough to get the most from the Anvil and it's odd to think Whiff got so much use from his.

Admittedly there's variance between units but I've never seen a Firefox mini with what I'd consider a long max flame. Is something up with your Ronx maybe?
Is that the flame length you normally use with your Ronx?

Somehow or another I almost melted my Anvil the other night (I was pretty stoned but I don't think the flame was half that size!). Worst case of combustion I have ever had in any device anytime anywhere--there was nothing left but a little black and grey raisin and the smell woke the wife in the bedroom! Not even sure how it happened, given that I stopped at the clicks...

Anyhow, now I am scarred, so I am seeking reassurance that the Ronx used in such a fashion will not actually melt my Anvil!

androponic

vaped.

Somehow or another I almost melted my Anvil the other night (I was pretty stoned but I don't think the flame was half that size!). Worst case of combustion I have ever had in any device anytime anywhere--there was nothing left but a little black and grey raisin and the smell woke the wife in the bedroom! Not even sure how it happened, given that I stopped at the clicks...

Anyhow, now I am scarred, so I am seeking reassurance that the Ronx used in such a fashion will not actually melt my Anvil!
well , copper melts at 1,984f and Stainless Steel at 2,550f - 2,750f and some butane torches can reach 2,500f full on so too much im sure can damage it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

No, I don't use it at max. I was saying it sounded sus that any Firefox mini is faster than the Ronx. My only Blazer is a PT4000 and it's weak and slow by comparison.

My Ronx is typically around an inch inner flame and clicks in under 25 seconds

coolbreeze

No, I don't use it at max. I was saying it sounded sus that any Firefox mini is faster than the Ronx. My only Blazer is a PT4000 and it's weak and slow by comparison.

Thank you. I will try that. Dry-eyed and sober!

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Greenleaf88

It is I have both Firefox mini clicks faster and is a stronger flame. U need much longer flame with the ronx to match the mini when it a small flame.

Ronxs when u ride the line u need to make the flame real long to match wat the mini on a small length flame gives out.

And that's with testing from myself.

Comfortably Numb

Those little Honest torches are good lighters for the money....I am a former cigar smoker of over 20 years that got into lighters for a while and spent a ton of money on them...many of them junk....

You can get there quicker with the Ronx or the Firefox Mini...they burn hotter than smaller lighters....but I have both Firefox Mini and Honest torches by my side and always reach for the Honest...I have close to a dozen I keep filled...I can RTL in 40-45 seconds by setting the flame like John said...inner blue 5/8" length...

I have compared the ABV and I really dont see a difference between the 2....I sometimes try a second heat-up to see if anything is left
and rarely see anything...

Believe me...if I thought I was not getting the most of my meds I would do things different

Yes...you can heat faster....but is it better? I dont think so...

I turn the flame down on my Blazer basically as low as it will go without turning off and aim for a 40-45 second heatup at the battery. This slow roast seems to preserve the terps pretty well and also provides a ton of vapor. Been running native exclusively for weeks now and I never bother with a second heatup since it’s not worth it IMO. AVB comes out light to medium brown. Anvil is still my main reach after 2 months!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It is I have both Firefox mini clicks faster and is a stronger flame. U need much longer flame with the ronx to match the mini when it a small flame.

Ronxs when u ride the line u need to make the flame real long to match wat the mini on a small length flame gives out.

And that's with testing from myself.
That's good to know. Looks like I'm off to jbtools!
Those little Honest torches are good lighters for the money....I am a former cigar smoker of over 20 years that got into lighters for a while and spent a ton of money on them...many of them junk....

You can get there quicker with the Ronx or the Firefox Mini...they burn hotter than smaller lighters....but I have both Firefox Mini and Honest torches by my side and always reach for the Honest...I have close to a dozen I keep filled...I can RTL in 40-45 seconds by setting the flame like John said...inner blue 5/8" length...

I have compared the ABV and I really dont see a difference between the 2....I sometimes try a second heat-up to see if anything is left
and rarely see anything...

Believe me...if I thought I was not getting the most of my meds I would do things different

Yes...you can heat faster....but is it better? I dont think so...
Yeah, the grey Honest is the only torch I use with the Brick and it's been terrific. Even the ugly pencil torches are an excellent value for that price and perform well enough with fancy butane
I turn the flame down on my Blazer basically as low as it will go without turning off and aim for a 40-45 second heatup at the battery. This slow roast seems to preserve the terps pretty well and also provides a ton of vapor. Been running native exclusively for weeks now and I never bother with a second heatup since it’s not worth it IMO. AVB comes out light to medium brown. Anvil is still my main reach after 2 months!
Word. I'm still doing the half or full bowls as two hitters, removing between hits with the Ronx cranked for speed and the second hit the rtl option

SillyNotMe

Grind Talk

I tend to break off nug chunks and give them a first heat. Then pop them out and crush them in my palm. I reload for a second heat. When it’s a juicy nug, the second heat is more productive. If it’s a dry nug the second heat is darker tasting and not as productive as the first heat. If I sprinkle open a pre roll, it’s dry and very ground, the first heat is very productive and the second heat is usually a waste of time unless I was really gentle with the first heat.

I do not own a grinder. I use my fingers to break up buds. I keep thinking about grinds and what other people are using and why. Not grinders. I don’t care about that debate. I mean, is a medium grind or a fine grind what people prefer?

SillyNotMe,

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Grind Talk

I tend to break off nug chunks and give them a first heat. Then pop them out and crush them in my palm. I reload for a second heat. When it’s a juicy nug, the second heat is more productive. If it’s a dry nug the second heat is darker tasting and not as productive as the first heat. If I sprinkle open a pre roll, it’s dry and very ground, the first heat is very productive and the second heat is usually a waste of time unless I was really gentle with the first heat.

I do not own a grinder. I use my fingers to break up buds. I keep thinking about grinds and what other people are using and why. Not grinders. I don’t care about that debate. I mean, is a medium grind or a fine grind what people prefer?

I use a firefox mini on full power, 95% of the time right on the copper battery. I find that fine grind = bigger extraction. The bud looks spent every time, a dark but not too dark roast is my result. When I use the device natively, I find the AVB still has a hue of green. Through my 7" bubbler piece it always looks spent.

But again, chunkier the bud, the harder it is to spend the bowl in one go, I NEVER reheat twice.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

Knewt

I use a firefox mini on full power, 95% of the time right on the copper battery. I find that fine grind = bigger extraction. The bud looks spent every time, a dark but not too dark roast is my result. When I use the device natively, I find the AVB still has a hue of green. Through my 7" bubbler piece it always looks spent.

But again, chunkier the bud, the harder it is to spend the bowl in one go, I NEVER reheat twice.
I agree about the never reheating. I hate getting too close to combustion, and even with my lightweight status I can extract all the goodies in one hit with the Anvil and either regular or small bowl. I don’t have the XL bowl yet, and I’m not really sure how or when I would use it.

Knewt,

Greenleaf88

I agree about the never reheating. I hate getting too close to combustion, and even with my lightweight status I can extract all the goodies in one hit with the Anvil and either regular or small bowl. I don’t have the XL bowl yet, and I’m not really sure how or when I would use it.
I like to think I have pretty good lung capacity not the best but if I pack the .2 bowl real loose I might be able take it in one but it's rare perfect size bowl.

Top Bottom