• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
I didn't think it needed it but I'm looking forward to it anything new is a welcome addition if it makes it better.
I love it too and mentioned it to John but he said it was the most complained about part, i wasnt a huge fan of it at first but after a week or so i loved it and lubing the bottom orings makes it even easier. At the end of the day John wants everyone to have the experience they are looking for so its nice to see him trying to accommodate for users who seem to not like it.

The airflow works fine for me, my only complaint is that it seems to move around on its own pretty often when I’m screwing/unscrewing the bowl. So I always check the setting before my hit. Not a huge deal but it’s definitely a minor annoyance and I’m all for making it better.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
The airflow works fine for me, my only complaint is that it seems to move around on its own pretty often when I’m screwing/unscrewing the bowl. So I always check the setting before my hit. Not a huge deal but it’s definitely a minor annoyance and I’m all for making it better.
Ya thats from everyone using stronger magnets on the reload and stuff, all my magnets from vestratto arent as strong so as soon as the chamber is tight the magnet just slips and doesnt turn the oven. im not big on strong magnets for the Anvil because of this reason, the new stem should help with that now though. But ya when i tried using my grinder magnet i noticed its so strong that it will continue to turn the oven when the chamber is tight

Ya thats from everyone using stronger magnets on the reload and stuff, all my magnets from vestratto arent as strong so as soon as the chamber is tight the magnet just slips and doesnt turn the oven. im not big on strong magnets for the Anvil because of this reason, the new stem should help with that now though. But ya when i tried using my grinder magnet i noticed its so strong that it will continue to turn the oven when the chamber is tight

I actually only use the magnet from the Vestratto case, it still happens. Maybe just not as much as it would with a stronger magnet.

Choices

How to use the Anvil if you’re a lightweight: my story so far….

First off I want to say that now that I’ve found a method that works for me this is my favorite way to use product. Here is what I do: I actually heat the Anvil three sometimes four times. I have the airflow wide open. I start at the top, do a heat and inhale cycle. I then move the flame location down about a third of what sits below the initial heating point. Inhale cycle once again, Finaly I locate the flame just a bit above the bottom. Then I partake in the final set of inhale cycles. Sometimes I have gone one more and there isn’t much left. I’m using a single flame Honest Torch.
I found when I tried to go very far down on the first cycle, I just couldn’t handle the amount of vapor and I’d cough and wheeze. “Temp Stepping” so to speak takes the terpy top off and keeps the initial volume of vapor low and it really tastes amazing. That second time through you get a very “Splinter at 34 Watts like” vapor amount. The last cycle is another blast of the same, but maybe a little lower on terps than the last one but more of a nut like quality of roasted flavor. And all of them are delicious with strong full effects and no more wheezing!!!
I like knowing that, at least for me, this can be a great way to temp step a convection load while not getting overwhelmed. I still plan to use my Anvil to RTL every now and again, But for me I get a great experience using this way and hopefully if you find yourself overwhelmed by this device you can try this way and see if you get better results! Peace!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I can’t even screw my stock MP on fully anymore…the threading is terrible on this piece.

The XL MP is all good tho.

Need that XL Slim Futostash for sure, the regular sized is a bit bulky with the width

whatitdew,

badbee

How to use the Anvil if you’re a lightweight: my story so far….

First off I want to say that now that I’ve found a method that works for me this is my favorite way to use product. Here is what I do: I actually heat the Anvil three sometimes four times. I have the airflow wide open. I start at the top, do a heat and inhale cycle. I then move the flame location down about a third of what sits below the initial heating point. Inhale cycle once again, Finaly I locate the flame just a bit above the bottom. Then I partake in the final set of inhale cycles. Sometimes I have gone one more and there isn’t much left. I’m using a single flame Honest Torch.
I found when I tried to go very far down on the first cycle, I just couldn’t handle the amount of vapor and I’d cough and wheeze. “Temp Stepping” so to speak takes the terpy top off and keeps the initial volume of vapor low and it really tastes amazing. That second time through you get a very “Splinter at 34 Watts like” vapor amount. The last cycle is another blast of the same, but maybe a little lower on terps than the last one but more of a nut like quality of roasted flavor. And all of them are delicious with strong full effects and no more wheezing!!!
I like knowing that, at least for me, this can be a great way to temp step a convection load while not getting overwhelmed. I still plan to use my Anvil to RTL every now and again, But for me I get a great experience using this way and hopefully if you find yourself overwhelmed by this device you can try this way and see if you get better results! Peace!
Why not just use a Vapcap which will heat much faster? I mean that as an honest question, does the Anvil still provide a benefit in this scenario?

badbee,

alex91

I can’t even screw my stock MP on fully anymore…the threading is terrible on this piece.

Need that XL Slim Futostash for sure, the regular sized is a bit bulky with the width

Damn, did you drop it or something or it’s just wear and tear?

delta hotel

My stock mouthpiece has only ever been stubborn going on. The XL mouthpiece though just threads and screws right down.

I tried to smooth out the stock mouth piece threading by just screwing and unscrewing a bunch where it was stiff and it helped a little, but it's still not as easy as the XL piece.

delta hotel,
Reactions: whatitdew

Knewt

My stock mouthpiece has only ever been stubborn going on. The XL mouthpiece though just threads and screws right down.

I tried to smooth out the stock mouth piece threading by just screwing and unscrewing a bunch where it was stiff and it helped a little, but it's still not as easy as the XL piece.
Mine is similar, although I can get my stock mouthpiece on and off with a little effort.

justcametomind

After some weeks of use I developed my usage pattern.
My goal would be to never ever ride any line with combustion and achieve 1 hit extraction, hopefully generating those clouds I have seen on many vids here.
I think I developed a safish way to achieve it without combusting once, ever.
I use a PB-207 and I point it towards the thermal batter, barely touching it with the external flame. I overheat 1 second over the click and never combusted, but I am afraid of going any further for now.
What I don't like is that my unit stays at vaporization temperature for 15 seconds, not more. I cannot take multiple hits as I have seen from @Whiff vids, where it seems vaporization temperature is kept for longer (30 secs, 1 minute?). Can it be done without RTL?

justcametomind,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
One observation I've made between my Firefox and ronxs is that the Firefox has a terrible memory for it's last used flame size.

I need to adjust it every single time on the Firefox and it's honestly kind of annoying because the adjustment is very sensitive.

The ronxs does a much better job keeping it's last used flame size.

I'm not sure if this is something I am doing with my usage but just an observation. It's made me choose the ronxs for on the go use since it's easier.

Another observation is that I use a very slightly longer flame with the ronxs vs the Firefox. I don't know what the correct word is but the Firefox seems to have a higher intensity or speed with which the flame comes out. The ronxs has a lower intensity and I use a slightly longer flame for it for that reason
Sadly the one thing they say in nerdy Amazon video ad for the Ronx is that you're supposed to set the flame level all the way off when not in use so it doesn't leak butane. This messes up your set it and forget it praise but safety first and all that though I thought I'd mention it.
Like you I have the same problem with my Firefox but do love it. Your observation makes me wanna order a ronxs just to c for myself.

Edit: just ordered one on Amazon gonna get it Tuesday needed a backup anyway, and the single looks like it could work in the sticky brick as well.
Sry to bring up another vape

The Ronx is also much more quiet than the Firefox. Ronx is the only one of my 3 that doesn’t have a child safety lock, I also have a hard time locking it on with one hand (fingers too long). The Firefox has a child safety lock, but it can be disabled by driving the lock‘s pivot out.
The quiet, long single are great for the Anvil yeah. Multi-quoted you guys just as a heads up about the tip to keep the butane in off position when not in use

bossman,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Choices

Why not just use a Vapcap which will heat much faster? I mean that as an honest question, does the Anvil still provide a benefit in this scenario?
Hi @badbee , I enjoy my Vapcaps, all are M models too. My main reason for using the Anvil over them is it tastes better. From a convenience standpoint it is easier as well since I have one of Pipe’s induction heaters to make things pretty simple heating up. So yeah it just tastes better. I haven’t tried the FMJ but I’m planning to get one to compare it. So yeah flavor and effects…

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
I actually only use the magnet from the Vestratto case, it still happens. Maybe just not as much as it would with a stronger magnet.

We added some new stuff this weekend, including our mag tool as a stand alone (which is small enough we can ship for a few bucks with a postage stamp), and released our new XL Anvil stashes which are .6" taller to accommodate the XL mouthpiece. New stuff is 10% off until monday.

https://www.futo.ca/products/mag-tool-for-anvil-vestratto-anvil-mag-tool
https://www.futo.ca/products/granadillo-futostash-anvil-xl-vestratto-79334
https://www.futo.ca/products/padauk-futostash-anvil-xl-vestratto-78548

Choices

How come vestratto site is empty?
Perhaps they are updating the shop? That is what appears empty. The Sunday Post email usually is sent after 7 pm so if it doesn’t get sent out tonight there might be something to it…

Choices,
Top Bottom