Anvil by Vestratto

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I didn’t realize you could still order accessories outside of the waitlist.
so I just ordered up a case and another bowl!!
See if the new bowl fixes the problem with my condenser sticking.
yeah I think I’ll be slimming down my dynavap collection, putting some stuff up for sale Haha.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just went through and gave some warning points and deleted some posts that were deemed rule-breaking. I also removed some replies to deleted posts so apologies if your post got swept up in the cleanup process.

@BKR2311 you have chosen to take this thread in a direction that only a troll would enjoy. You think the product is over-hyped and expensive, that's fine. That's your opinion and you'll notice that your first several posts about your distaste for the product were not deleted or moderated. You had several later posts deleted not because you aren't allowed to share your opinion here (you are), but because you wouldn't shut up about it and took the thread on a rather ugly derail (with some childish name calling along the way). Your participation in this thread has now ended.

To everyone else, let's all continue to play nice and get faded. :spliff:

:peace:

BeeSawd

Been loving my Anvil, it's quickly become a daily driver for me, just dig the convection leaning hybrid vape signature and ease-of-use. Not gonna lie, took me a minute to get figured out (my airflow was ALL the way open the first 2 bowls, whoops :lol:) but once I did i've had nothing but great things to say. Look forward to the user manual and more accessories/bowls!!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
This thing is wicked for medicating for illnesses etc, just have to be mobile enough and to mindful of the heat retention.
I’ll just say as a blood cancer patient it works very well at hitting the spot, quickly.
And I think it will be a good device for transitioning smokers over to vaping

My_50p_worth

I watched the interview. I learned that twisting would change the airflow adjustment. I tried it. I’m not sure if it works better when it’s warm or cold. Because it’s warm now and I’m a little confused.
The airflow adjuster relies on the O - rings staying grippy and the valve threads staying smooth. It’s a simple but clever system. I noticed sometimes when anvil is hot, the O-rings don’t have enough friction to turn the airflow valve and/or the threads get stuck so I’d say cold for this reason. For anyone reading this, if it ever happens to you then simply pull the oven off and manually screw or unscrew the valve a little until it’s where you want. That always seems to fix it.

This thing is wicked for medicating for illnesses etc, just have to be mobile enough and to mindful of the heat retention.
I’ll just say as a blood cancer patient it works very well at hitting the spot, quickly.
And I think it will be a good device for transitioning smokers over to vaping
Totally agree, I feel like the anvil is going to appeal to joint smokers in a way no other vape has. This is coming from someone that can only seem to get along with these joint form factor vapes and doesn’t have a space in their lifestyle for a desktop vape.

It really does feel like a vapour joint when used native, it’s the experience I’ve been searching for since when I first quit combustion for health reasons.

TinyDansonMan

Do we have any clue as to how far along they are in the waitlist? I signed up two months ago and I'm curious about how much longer it may be.

I'm trying to be patient.....but I wanna see this great piece of engineering for myself! :lol:

TinyDansonMan,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
the conductivity coefficient of Copper is 5.8x higher than Steel and 24.46 (!) higher than Ti... https://www.tibtech.com/conductivite.php?lang=en_US
and if the ABV is not black (as seen a lot of times already) , the Anvil is maybe the most efficient conduction vape out there.... I am just eager to try this vape so soon!
Yeah I'm not into black avb whatsoever, I feel I have failed in my vapourisation session if I see any black bits at all.
I'm very happy that the Anvil gets me very even, dark tobacco coloured, avb very consistently. You can go like blonde tobacco too if that's your thing. It took me many sessions (and two combustions) over a couple of days when new to work it and understand the flame and heating position variables. Most people probably work it out quicker, but I enjoyed the tinkering.
Some people probably won't get on with it, especially if you get frustrated quickly, but hopefully a proper set of instructions and tips will help.
I love mine and yes it was great to see John with Sneaky yesterday.

My_50p_worth

Do we have any clue as to how far along they are in the waitlist? I signed up two months ago and I'm curious about how much longer it may be.

I'm trying to be patient.....but I wanna see this great piece of engineering for myself! :lol:
I signed up at the beginning of February (can’t remember exact date) to the waitlist, got my access March 21st and the Anvil came about a week or so later to the UK.

Weirdly enough I’ve heard that some have signed up earlier than me and not got emails yet. So maybe it’s not as simple as “do the January guys, then the February guys next drop, and then the March guys after that” I’m not sure when you’d get yours man, but that’s been my experience anyway.

Honestly though, if I knew back then what I know now I’d have been a lot happier just hitting my DV’s and staying patient. Just hold tight dude, it’s a great device but you’re not missing out on anything truly earth shattering - just hit another bowl.

someTooL

Drove over the line for the 1st time last night. About 6 ovens deep at the time so knew it was time to quit for the night.

I’ve been using as 1 and done. Favorite so far is sandwiching THCa sand in full oven. Just a little tiny bit makes this thing explode with goodness.

Flame heat strength and time to click definitely have a strong influence on user output.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Hi There
John here.
Thanks for putting this together. This is FANTASTIC. The advantage of your method over what I had been doing is that, by locking the condenser in the oven with the herb chamber, you have aligned the condenser square and concentric for insertion in the stem. Thanks for not only posting the video but also for teaching me a better way to use my own invention. Cool
John,
You are one seriously humble fella in praising my method to assemble your brilliant device, and I am highly flattered. Keep up all the great work and innovation, and thanks for eating all those shit sandwiches to bring this device to market... it's a keeper!

P.S. I'll just stow this high-praise away to peek at on those low-self esteem, rainy days. :lol:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Calling all microdosers:

0.010g very, very old flower (2018)
Half-size chamber
30 - 35 seconds to click, heating just below middle of the steel part of the oven.
An effort at an AVB shot at the end, no black bits ;)
Feels wonderful to see the visible vapour being extracted from such a tiny amount so rapidly, right?
Please don't cuss my video skills on this £100 phone ;)

Last edited:

Texus

There is a separate thread for that. Bot there was some mailing list/waitlist confusion. So you might wanna drop John an email.

Texus,

Farid

Calling all microdosers:

Half-size chamber
30 - 35 seconds to click, heating just below middle of the steel part of the oven.

You don't find it overkill, with all that thermal mass? I absolutely see the value in the high thermal mass for bigger quantities, but tiny loads like that don't require nearly as much.

Texus

Is there a thread on FC?

And welcome to FC!

SillyNotMe

You don't find it overkill, with all that thermal mass? I absolutely see the value in the high thermal mass for bigger quantities, but tiny loads like that don't require nearly as much.
Calling all microdosers:

Half-size chamber
Yes to the first.
YES to the second.

I’ll put half-ish of that amount in the chamber. (2021 harvest, super sticky). Low heat. Then crush it and reload for a second cycle.
The thermal lag is laggy. The hit is worth a wait.

I think we will see a few more Editions in the future.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Not really, I understand what you mean though.
I think that tiny load in a FlowerPot would be overkill.
Sometimes I'll Dyna that amount, but prefer the vapour from the Anvil and not twisting my bad wrist.

Last edited:
chlorophyll_man,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Guys, please can we keep this thread for the device? Please use the ordering and shipping thread for waitlist progress etc.

This thread is already busy without the ordering posts! Thanks 👍

To that point, I love this vaporizer completely. I’ve got my torch dialed in and I’m getting 1-hit extraction. And it’s repeatable.

I was happy to hear in the Sunday Post that they are adding how-to PDFs to their website. Smart. Should have had them from the get-go.

I may never use my vapcaps again. Seriously. The Anvil puts the hammer down.

Top Bottom