Anvil by Vestratto

BKR2311

Never claimed it was the best on the market! Read closer. Show me something that compares gram for gram and please don't say a guy on reddit told me blah blah blah. In my experience and with the vapes I personally own, It hits like my log vapes, better than my mighty and tastes as good as my herbalizer. By DV's have been put to rest.
Lol I used the guy on Reddit as an example that someone who goes around shilling about the Anvil secretly doesn't like it and for some reason doesn't want to openly say it. It's weird. And oh I'm sorry, saying "there's nothing on the market that comes close" is so much different.

It doesn't kill the vapcap. If it were priced more fairly like 120$, then sure. For 230+$? No. That vapcap is still king for budget. The other overpriced dynavaps? Sure, it does kill them. No purpose for getting an Omni. Anyone who is paying that much for an Omni should be purely doing it for collection purposes anyways. Why don't you tell me what you think it is the best in the market at, and I'll answer that.

Power? Nah. Efficiency? Nah. Budget? Nah. Looks? Subjective, but not imo. It's a decent vape that's a bit overpriced. That's my opinion. Right offhand I'd take my Taroma before it, TinyMights before it, and Alpha log before it. Doesn't mean it's bad. Why does something have to either be the next biggest thing or it's shit?

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I feel if I hadn’t spent so much money on dynavaps and accessories in the past I would be more upset about the price, lol.
But these days every damn thing is expensi….. so if I want it, I’ll pay for it
and we’ll it’s not like it’s made of plastic, it should last me till my days are over.

thanks for the tip @bossman I will most likely grab one of the pencil torches too!

enrarit

You lost me at Reddit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup.

You, me, and everyone else that is enjoying their Anvil.

The User has made clear he isn't happy with his unit, and that's perfectly fine. Their follow up posts I simply scroll by as I have zero interest in reading the same message with different wording.

I've tried to get into 510 units with really no success, but I know there are many others who thoroughly use and enjoy them on a regular basis... Yet I chose to simply box them up and move on without even a single post in their respective threads.

Odd, that.

Glorg

Maybe because anyone that says anything negative/critical on a FEEDBACK thread is met with passive aggressive responses? Just a thought.
This page has been filled with positively met feedback. I’m loving my anvil but I have numerous posts about shipping costs, how the drop happened, the lack of instructions and so on but you seem dead set on your viewpoint here. I also said I put my pinky away since getting the anvil, weird I can be critical and a fan while never claiming other vapes suck now right.

My_50p_worth

Without getting too deep into it, I’d agree that the dynavap isn’t as far off the anvil as some have made out. The real secret sauce to the anvil is thermal mass and thermal conductivity, as anyone who’s made their own vape will tell you. In fact, I’d go as far as to say a copper modded DV has about 80% of the anvil’s performance IME. Obvious safety concerns and the signature DV taste aside :rofl:

I personally sold all mine after getting the anvil, but that’s because I’m an ex joint smoker and the anvil apes that slow toke experience better than the DV. Also no simulating flute playing with airports. If I was into vaping for vaping sake I’d probably have kept them for device variety.

I think it’ll be interesting as the anvil arrives in the hands of more objective users, to see how the general perception of anvil shifts from this somewhat mythical one to something more realistic. It’s slowly happening now, at least from where I’m standing

Texus

For those of you complaining about the price, the Sneaky Pete interview with John does a great job of illustrating all that goes into Anvil production and the right tolerances needed. Also worth watching for the science and manufacturing geeks out there.

OK. Now back to the name-calling, whining and insults that make this thread such a love/hate relationship for me. Be better people. This should be a civil forum where enthusiasts support each other.

My_50p_worth

For those of you complaining about the price, the Sneaky Pete interview with John does a great job of illustrating all that goes into Anvil production and the right tolerances needed. Also worth watching for the science and manufacturing geeks out there.

OK. Now back to the name-calling, whining and insults that make this thread such a love/hate relationship for me. Be better people. This should be a civil forum where enthusiasts support each other.
Is it up to watch now? I missed the stream.

I wanted to watch it mainly just to see what John is like as a person, it’s always interesting to see these internet characters as more than words on a screen

And @BKR2311 you are spot on about price and value being separate things. There’s an interesting video on YouTube of Steve Jobs talking about it that I always recommend to people

Glorg

It’s kind of insane to come on a forum where people spend hard earned money on niche products and claim you sir are the unbiased one of all and dismiss everyone on that bizarre narcissistic basis. But you do you bkr. Hopefully we can move on and get back to how there needs to be an instruction pamphlet.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

It’s kind of insane to come on a forum where people spend hard earned money on niche products and claim you sir are the unbiased one of all and dismiss everyone on that bizarre narcissistic basis. But you do you bkr. Hopefully we can move on and get back to how there needs to be and instruction pamphlet.
FUCK YES THERE NEEDS TO BE

Vestratto

Manufacturer
I've put together a little video on YouTube with a way that I've found to consistently assemble the Anvil for good airflow. See if this helps. That goes for anybody having troubles with airflow.

Hi There
John here.
Thanks for putting this together. This is FANTASTIC. The advantage of your method over what I had been doing is that, by locking the condenser in the oven with the herb chamber, you have aligned the condenser square and concentric for insertion in the stem. Thanks for not only posting the video but also for teaching me a better way to use my own invention. Cool

Crust

Yup.

You, me, and everyone else that is enjoying their Anvil.

The User has made clear he isn't happy with his unit, and that's perfectly fine. Their follow up posts I simply scroll by as I have zero interest in reading the same message with different wording.

I've tried to get into 510 units with really no success, but I know there are many others who thoroughly use and enjoy them on a regular basis... Yet I chose to simply box them up and move on without even a single post in their respective threads.

Odd, that.
Well said. Respect.

@BKR2311 how big is your torch?

@whatitdew this $13 pencil torch has the Honest logo on it, a butane window, and can do an RTL bowl on the battery in 25 seconds

Anrapley Torch Lighter, 6.0in Long Butane Lighter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GY73HGK/
Sold! Thanks

Top Bottom