• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

GarethOfTheColumbias

Grower, Vaper, all around Shithead.
I have a different take. @Vestratto IMO has been more than generous in pricing when considering you can purchase Anvil bowls for $35.00 USD's. If you price out the the DV cap and tip ($55.00 plus ) which is the equivalent of the Anvil bowl he could easily have charged more.

If would be nice if extra O rings, screens didn't cost extra, but they often do with most vapes. DV has never included them with any of the eight DV's I've purchased from them over the years.
Right but I'm not talking about bowls, I'm talking about a basic maintenance kit. And one company's practice doesn't need to serve as the baseline for all future companies. MOST vapes I've bought included basic things such as screens and o-rings, and I don't think it would be a bank breaking move for Vestratto to include a one-time maintenance kit.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah, the exorbitant shipping cost ($20 to the US for just the vape) would leave me apprehensive about a future accessories order too. Not ideal from a customer perspective. I think that's why the Anvil fans outside of the Founders edition cohort were disappointed not to see a bundle of some kind

Gas prices are only going to make shipping fees worse, It costs me at least $15 to ship from California to Canada thru USPS First Class International, not including any of the shipping materials or extra expenses.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Gas prices are only going to make shipping fees worse, It costs me at least $15 to ship from California to Canada thru USPS First Class International, not including any of the shipping materials or extra expenses.
Currently costs me 10 euro to ship something across town ,having in mind i am in the lowest income EU country,lol.For comparison delivery from PL to my city was calculated at 7 euro recently.:argh:

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Not disappointed per se, just a little surprised by the lack of any extras with the user's edition.
To be fair, I think John's kind of a victim of his own generosity. By giving away the notional "User's Edition" (aka "Founder's Edition, Part 2" since users can't actually buy one), he created a reservoir of goodwill from the FloCk of earlybirds.

That helped settle a lot of the initial chatter about shady launch practices and QC issues, but it also created a level of expectation in the not-early-enough-birds. Probably unreasonable but hey, human nature.

After all, those of us who saw the launch day invoice remember that it was tagged at $250 with a $50 discount and free shipping. So now that same $250 feels a little spendy for 'just' one unit without the extra half-bowl, much less the multi-functional case, much less the free upgrade when the next tweaks get made.

So yeah, I feel you, even if my brain should know better.

Last edited:

GarethOfTheColumbias

Grower, Vaper, all around Shithead.
After all, those of us who got a launch day invoice remember that it was tagged at $250 with a $50 discount and free shipping. So now that same $250 feels a little spendy for 'just' one unit and no extra half-bowl, much less a multi-functional case, much less a free upgrade when the next tweaks get made.
Yeah, I'm not looking to be pampered in extras; I passed on the initial drop and I have zero expectations that non-founder buyers would be treated to free upgraded units, half bowls, or even a case. But I really do feel like a one-time basic maintenance kit isn't a big ask or expectation at this pricepoint. Just voicing an opinion, though, for I am still a buyer and supporter of the product at the end of the day.

BKR2311

Yeah, I'm not looking to be pampered in extras; I passed on the initial drop and I have zero expectations that non-founder buyers would be treated to free upgraded units, half bowls, or even a case. But I really do feel like a one-time basic maintenance kit isn't a big ask or expectation at this pricepoint. Just voicing an opinion, though, for I am still a buyer and supporter of the product at the end of the day.
I mean you aren't wrong though. I still ordered it but the price is absolutely steep if you aren't paying attention to the extra fluff. Im relatively unbias because I don't get attached emotionally to any of these companies. For 200-300$ price tag, it should absolutely come with extra screens and o rings bare minimum. Honestly for a butane powered vape, it should even come with the case for that price. Imo 200 was a fair price tag, 230$ with a case and extra screens/o rings wouldv been fair.

But yes, the founders getting the free upgrades was extremely generous. Probably too generous that John is trying to make up for it now with these prices.

Severmore

Thought I’d bring this over from discord. For all you OCDers (like myself)…

The CopperCore oven/battery on the Users Edition Anvil can be cleaned to like new in less than 30 seconds. I was originally using polishing paper alone, but that method takes considerable more time. Anyways, I digress...

clean cloth + hot water + Bar Keepers Friend (oxalic acid) + a bit of elbow grease

Afterwards, I rinse in copious amounts of water and then in iso.

Thoughts? I figured, perhaps naively, if it's okay to use in commercial kitchens, it's okay for my anvil...assuming all product is rinsed away thoroughly.

From this...
IMG_5186.jpg

To this…

IMG_5187.jpg

Edited for picture size...they were frickin huge initially
; )

Last edited:

FROMTHE6IX

Thought I’d bring this over from discord. For all you OCDers (like myself)…

The CopperCore oven/battery on the Users Edition Anvil can be cleaned to like new in less than 30 seconds. I was originally using polishing paper alone, but that method takes considerable more time. Anyways, I digress...

clean cloth + hot water + Bar Keepers Friend (oxalic acid) + a bit of elbow grease

Thoughts? I figured, perhaps naively, if it's okay to use in commercial kitchens, it's okay for my anvil...assuming all product is rinsed away thoroughly.

From this...
IMG_5186.jpg

To this…

IMG_5187.jpg
Bar keeper friend always saves everything

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++

Thoughts? I figured, perhaps naively, if it's okay to use in commercial kitchens, it's okay for my anvil...assuming all product is rinsed away

Thanks for the good advice and before and after photos. Been using regular tooth paste and a tooth brush on all my DV tips bringing them back to looking new with little effort. Will try this method on them as well.

Vape_Or_Die420

I read a couple pages back about someone claiming to use Dynavap screens in the anvil. Can anyone else confirm? If so that would be great. They look very similar.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
The oven on the users kit gets WAY darker and more ugly than on the outside than the founders edition.
Im experiencing it differently. My oven on my user’s edition (on the right) is darkening more slowly than my founder’s edition. I think because my heating technique is more precise and consistently heat in the same spot. @Severmore good call on the bar keepers friend.

33-D72510-CB41-437-D-ABCB-B20-BA49-D1-ADA.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Does the Anvil fit into a Dynastash comfortably? Just out of curiosity.
No, it might fit length-wise in the XL stash, but it's too thick either way
It does come with a great stash of its own so that's pretty cool
And by "come with" he means it's sold separately for $39:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks for the reminder, @Planck. I've just moved a bunch of posts into the shipping thread. Please keep all shipping and ordering discussion in that thread so that this channel remains open for the Anvil.

Thanks.

:peace:

Top Bottom