Anvil by Vestratto

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
For SHTF vapes both the Anvil and DV are right up there IMO. The only more simple device would be a metal/stone combustion pipe but you still may want to have some spare screens laid by. The Anvil along with an extra O ring set will be added to my SHTF DV kit.
I don't have an anvil so totally possible I'm mistaken, but aren't o-rings necessary for some of the connections the same as a dynavap?

Edit: And I think in theory if the clicking mechanism is the same "bi-metallic" disc that dyna uses those go bad after many clicks?
To be fair, there are "consumable" parts.
There are 5 small o-rings.
If one fiddles a great deal with the device, and continually makes adjustments to airflow...
..they could after 5 -10 years require replacement to the tune of pennies each.
If one does not fiddle with device a great deal, the life of these rings is indefinite, potentially lifetime.
Just a thought, and personal opinion... and we won't know this for quite a few years to come, I suspect!
Yeah, I figured the o-rings would need replacement eventually but you can just order like 100 of them and keep for later. I do share Gordontreeman's (lol at that name) concern about the metallic disc but we'll have to see where things go in a couple years.
There's nothing to break or replace. Just soak in ISO to clean, rinse, repeat for decades. It is tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSkFf2cVAAAttOV.jpg

Thanks everyone, I'm sold on this vape as soon as they come back in stock!

masonjars

Has anyone used the Founders bowls with the User’s edition? If so what’s your impression or experience?
A slight decrease in airflow. Still roasts the bowl and hits the same IMO.
Thanks for the great pics!!! The User Edition is longer, has a fly trap and a shorter condensor. Have you noticed any difference in the temperature of the vapor - harsher - between the two when used natively and heated similarly?
In my experience they both hit pretty hot/harsh natively (for reference, I try to 1-shot every anvil bowl, so I’m not stopping before the click or going for low temp hits). I tried taking the little vortex insert out to see if it made much of a difference, but not that I could tell. I preferred using the founders edition through water or a j-hook for the last month or so, and will most likely continue running the UE through water/glass too.
There's nothing to break or replace. Just soak in ISO to clean, rinse, repeat for decades. It is tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only things I see replacing over time are the o-rings and possibly the titanium screens. I’m sure normal/heavy use over time might affect the clicking mechanism like vapcaps, but I’ve yet to actually bust a vapcap cap/clicker so who knows, if I do I’ll be sure to share
I don't have an anvil so totally possible I'm mistaken, but aren't o-rings necessary for some of the connections the same as a dynavap?

Edit: And I think in theory if the clicking mechanism is the same "bi-metallic" disc that dyna uses those go bad after many clicks?
The o-rings keep all of the condensers and pieces together (aside from the metal threads on the bowls and heat shields/sheaths).

I kinda wish the Anvil didn’t require the condenser and stem to function, or maybe a smaller WPA stem option with less parts (to clean/maintain). Might also open up the possibilities for custom stems and whatnot

Datoneguy

Likely going to be using a Jhook. Would something like this work or would it need an adapter? Sorry if noob question, I just never use glass but I feel like it'd be fun to use some for this vape.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Likely going to be using a Jhook. Would something like this work or would it need an adapter? Sorry if noob question, I just never use glass but I feel like it'd be fun to use some for this vape.

Any glass piece that has a 10mm or 14mm female joint should work just fine.

Could some one that has the User Edition measure the length and width of the Anvil case at it's dimensional max points. Anxious to build a belt case for the Anvil and a torch before it arrives either out of 14oz Ballistic cloth or holster gauge leather (maybe both).

endof3d,

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Any glass piece that has a 10mm or 14mm female joint should work just fine.

Could some one that has the User Edition measure the length and width of the Anvil case at it's dimensional max points. Anxious to build a belt case for the Anvil and a torch before it arrives either out of 14oz Ballistic cloth or holster gauge leather (maybe both).
If you go on the website and search for a Sunday night post, I believe 4 weeks ago had dimensions.

dman28,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
If you go on the website and search for a Sunday night post, I believe 4 weeks ago had dimensions.

Thanks for your response! The only dimensions on the Sunday Posts are for the Anvil itself.
What I'm hoping to acquire is the two measurements for the exterior hard shell to create a belt carry case for it.

Photo by @The Stray Fox

anvilcase.png

endof3d,
Reactions: xChapita

Cannabiker

It's 145.5mm long, and its diameter is 20mm, with the knurled portion of the cap being just a hair wider (less than .5mm).

Vints

So the wand works with the User's Edition. I cut the video for time but it took 55 seconds to click, which you can hear 9 seconds in, and I have the anvil deep in the wand sticking out about 1mm through the other side. In the pic, the abv on the left is from the video. On the right is from another session and I had the anvil shallower in the wand and it took 45 seconds to click. Both times using the half bowl.

Hopefully an anvil specific IH would lessen the heat time, but as it is now it is working great for me. Thanks to the community for suggesting IH compatibility and for Vestratto for delivering it.

FROMTHE6IX

So the wand works with the User's Edition. I cut the video for time but it took 55 seconds to click, which you can hear 9 seconds in, and I have the anvil deep in the wand sticking out about 1mm through the other side. In the pic, the abv on the left is from the video. On the right is from another session and I had the anvil shallower in the wand and it took 45 seconds to click. Both times using the half bowl.

Hopefully an anvil specific IH would lessen the heat time, but as it is now it is working great for me. Thanks to the community for suggesting IH compatibility and for Vestratto for delivering it.

How does it hit compared to a torch?

Vints

How does it hit compared to a torch?
Just as good I feel, slight edge to torch. I got really high either way. The torch will reach temps quicker and it virtually has no learning curve compared to using the wand. You'll have to find your sweet spot with the wand

Pointing the torch at top of oven will take me 45s to click. To get a comparable hit with the wand it will take me 54s which btw is 5 seconds after the click. The times aren't too dissimilar but keep in mind you may have to keep heating past the click to get similar results.

Just to note, I never got closed to combustion but was able to get good hits with the wand even going 5 seconds beyond the click. YMMV of course. So if you have one start by respecting the click then go from there.

SillyNotMe

So the wand works with the User's Edition.
When I first got my anvil I tried it in my Wand and it clicked but it was really wispy. So I wrote it off.
I WAS WRONG!!! I just tried it with a freshly charged Wand and it worked. When I first tried it, my batteries were probably too low. And I had a silicone cup installed in it. I removed the cup and tried heating with the top sticking out. Nice heat up! I think I’ll cut the bottom off a couple of silicone cups and use them as a glass protectant sleeve.

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

When I first got my anvil I tried it in my Wand and it clicked but it was really wispy. So I wrote it off.
I WAS WRONG!!! I just tried it with a freshly charged Wand and it worked. When I first tried it, my batteries were probably too low. And I had a silicone cup installed in it. I removed the cup and tried heating with the top sticking out. Nice heat up! I think I’ll cut the bottom off a couple of silicone cups and use them as a glass protectant sleeve.
Do we have official confirmation here that the Aspire Wand WORKS with The Anvil? Because all reports and info have been that the ASPIRE WAND IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH FOR THE ANVIL. Are you saying it IS?

Also, I know a lot of you don’t like Reddit one bit and I don’t blame you. But if you DO go on Reddit at all, please join the community:
R/AnvilByVestratto

I know Whiff got banned from Reddit and there’s no positive place on there to discuss the Anvil and I think there should be one. Again, I know many of you are not Reddit fans. If you are please join the community so it’s not so pathetic. I’m hoping as more people finally are able to get their hands on Anvils, the community will grow. I just don’t want the last Reddit related thing being a legit rep being banned for posting videos when that’s all people do on there most of the time anyways. I also love the Anvil and know plenty others do and will very soon.
Thanks ahead of time if you join that Reddit community. I appreciate it.

ConvectCode1,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Do we have official confirmation here that the Aspire Wand WORKS with The Anvil? Because all reports and info have been that the ASPIRE WAND IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH FOR THE ANVIL. Are you saying it IS?

Also, I know a lot of you don’t like Reddit one bit and I don’t blame you. But if you DO go on Reddit at all, please join the community:
R/AnvilByVestratto

I know Whiff got banned from Reddit and there’s no positive place on there to discuss the Anvil and I think there should be one. Again, I know many of you are not Reddit fans. If you are please join the community so it’s not so pathetic. I’m hoping as more people finally are able to get their hands on Anvils, the community will grow. I just don’t want the last Reddit related thing being a legit rep being banned for posting videos when that’s all people do on there most of the time anyways. I also love the Anvil and know plenty others do and will very soon.
Thanks ahead of time if you join that Reddit community. I appreciate it.
There is already a VestrattoOfficial subreddit and discord, i only got banned from vaporents.

you were already told this on reddit bro, i saw you got downvoted like crazy for posting the link

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yea he wasn’t banned from Reddit, just that sub and you can talk positively about the anvil on vaporents, plenty of posts doing so

Sour Dream,
Top Bottom