Anvil by Vestratto

My_50p_worth

Right, fair enough. I was lucky to not have to get one from out of country so I can’t say what they declare it as. Would be pretty silly if they straight up called it a “cannabis vaporizer” but I doubt they’re that stupid. At least on the Vestratto site there is no mention of cannabis whatsoever in case a customs agent looked it up.

Whenever I’ve shipped out of country it’s always been either “aromatherapy device” or “humidifier” or “Wooden Ornament” or “paper weight”
Oh no… these guys literally print an itemised list of EXACTLY what it is and the price.

I wish I’d taken a photo of the previous package I received, it leaves absolutely zero wiggle room.

Funny how you’re able to use discreet names but they aren’t? I’m starting to think they just can’t be bothered. It’s been brought up a few times now, both here and the shipping thread to use a “true but false” description and yet this continues

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Oh no… these guys literally print an itemised list of EXACTLY what it is and the price.

I wish I’d taken a photo of the previous package I received, it leaves absolutely zero wiggle room.

Funny how you’re able to use discreet names but they aren’t? I’m starting to think they just can’t be bothered. It’s been brought up a few times now, both here and the shipping thread to use a “true but false” description and yet this continues
Yeah I went and found the shipping thread, and what you had said in there. That’s pretty whack! And I’m surprised you only caught a close call from that.

My_50p_worth

Yeah I went and found the shipping thread, and what you had said in there. That’s pretty whack! And I’m surprised you only caught a close call from that.

Thing is as well, no matter how clean they keep their site this thread will also come up with a Google search by customs agents. All those milking vids and shots of anvil stood proudly next to medical Mary.

As well as other sites selling it that do mention specifically what it is designed for.

I adore this vape and always will. That being said I can see how this packaging issue will eventually become more than a close call for someone, and their ignorance on the issue really frustrates me

Planck

believes in Dog
What I am getting out of this is some people would be happier is Vestratto broke or at least stretch Customs Laws. I get that and certainly various companies do take that risk. I hardly think it's reasonable or fair to expect it.

John likely exports medical equipment worth 100s of thousands of dollars per unit. Perhaps he has a lot more to lose than most by getting on some international watch list. I'm not saying this is a certainty but I am certain he's not doing it to piss you off. As the importer you are responsible for following the laws of your country whether we agree or not or suffer the consequences if shit goes sideways.

My_50p_worth

but I am certain he's not doing it to piss you off

Nobody has said this. Don’t strawman please.

Anyway, they know the market they’re in. They’ve been told about this issue, they’ve read the close calls. They know it’s industry standard to describe these things as herbal vaporisers, aromatises. Which isn’t wrong to do by the way, as far as I know. That’s literally what these are, until we put weed in them.

Plus if they have to do it this way, the absolute least they could do is give plenty of warning on the order page. It’s irresponsible and ignorant of all the information they’ve been given.

Sorry but hard disagree with your comment.
I just don’t see a way this lack of effort to do even the most basic warning on the site is justified.

Maybe something like you say “Vestratto must print an itemised list of contents on the package for customs, customer in illegal countries please be wary of consequences and know it is at your discretion to continue this order”

To just dump it on the customer at the worst point, without warning is poor form.

Last edited:

Don Chjun

Just adding my two cents here, I've ordered from great white norths vapes and they also tape a list with the contents, but they list it as metal part, glass adaptor, pid coil, etc... On the inside however there is a list with pics and names, so if a customs officer opens the box they'll get what's going on. In my country e-cigarrettes are illegal but heat not burn devices (aromatizer) are accepted so even if they open the box there are no problems, I've imported a bunch of stuff over time and only had problems with battery devices. I think they should clarify on the website that they are legally required to list the contents and it's names to help people decide if they want to risk it.

As customer I don't like asking a company to change it's shipping policies, but I always ask how they label the contents of the package to make sure I will be able to get it over. let's not forget that everyone wants to avoid trouble. I'm always tempted to ask them to declare everything with a lower value to avoid taxes but that's worse I think XD.

If getting weed related stuff can get you in a lot of trouble imagine selling it... I might be out of place but hey, if we are willing to read a post about vaporizers maybe there's time to read about silly laws that prevents us consuming a plant...

Keep safe and cloudy :) happy start of the year everyone!

fangorn

I received my custom order of a leather case for my Anvil last week...I'm super happy. It's a great piece, it fully participates in the ritual and it's very practical.
Thank you @Duba!! Trades are always cool! you will hear from me again of course 😁
the piece of leather is very beautiful and the production is super clean. This is super neat work.
I love it like that but I can't wait to see it grow old!

kryptic_dusk

Question to USA folks. I placed an order on 12/23 and today is eod 01/04 (almost 2 weeks) and I have no updates on Shopify. I know Vestratto’s FAQ page states, “For US/International Shipments, final leg tracking will be updated by your local logistics/postal service”. Although, I haven’t seen that the order has even been shipped yet. How long did it take for your order to get shipped?

I haven’t messaged John yet because I don’t want to be “that guy” but I’m just so excited to get my hands on the anvil. Any input is appreciated, TIA!

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Question to USA folks. I placed an order on 12/23 and today is eod 01/04 (almost 2 weeks) and I have no updates on Shopify. I know Vestratto’s FAQ page states, “For US/International Shipments, final leg tracking will be updated by your local logistics/postal service”. Although, I haven’t seen that the order has even been shipped yet. How long did it take for your order to get shipped?

I haven’t messaged John yet because I don’t want to be “that guy” but I’m just so excited to get my hands on the anvil. Any input is appreciated, TIA!
Probably just spinning back up from the holidays and catching up, its worth the wait! Enjoy!

mixchu69

That sounds about the time frame I waited. I made a bunch of Black Friday purchases and remember Anvil taking a few weeks to get shipped

TonyGazelle

My Anvil gets cleaned every Friday afternoon.

Today was the first time I had to replace the screen on the condenser. I've been able to keep it fresh for a while using a magic eraser and regular cleanings.

I have a backup set that I ordered from vestratto, so I'm not in a pinch... but I'm wondering if anyone has used any other screens in their anvil with any success?

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.

Today was the first time I had to replace the screen on the condenser. I've been able to keep it fresh for a while using a magic eraser and regular cleanings.

I have a backup set that I ordered from vestratto, so I'm not in a pinch... but I'm wondering if anyone has used any other screens in their anvil with any success?
Yes I have used Dynavaps and they are the same size.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Been testing the USA kit, it’s pretty damn fly
I put it on a Woodscents stem with a condenser and it works very well
finally getting some use out of that stem lol
l had a little bit of trouble getting the Adapter to fit in different stems as it really needs a proper fit cuz it’s so hot and top heavy
replaced the stock orings and got a better seal

still waiting on my replacement Futo stem to try out

I’m really liking the USA!

pretty much the only vape I use now besides a vapcap here and there
it’s a proper beast mate

I've been using the USA more lately as well. Works well on my O'Connell glass stem.
266-E02-FF-17-B8-4651-89-D1-E6-A173776438.jpg

Roffa

I don't use the screens. Not on the bowl and not on the condenser.

Top Bottom