Anvil by Vestratto

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
but I’m surprisingly fine with the wide open WPA.
I’m not sure why either but I 100% agree with this. I mostly use the WPA and it rips perfectly so…🤷‍♂️

I just got one of my MAW prizes. A three opal J hook form @GoodVibesBoro. I love it stands on its own and the opals really class it up. I can’t believe it took winning a J hook to add one to my line up. What a nice smooth hit it gives.
D731-ADB2-F65-D-4-EA4-9-C8-F-D3-E526-C506-BD.jpg

1-A9-D37-B9-BDAB-4-FB6-8-F75-8-C4-EF0-DC1-DA6.jpg

coolbreeze

I’m not sure why either but I 100% agree with this. I mostly use the WPA and it rips perfectly so…🤷‍♂️

I just got one of my MAW prizes. A three opal J hook form @GoodVibesBoro. I love it stands on its own and the opals really class it up. I can’t believe it took winning a J hook to add one to my line up. What a nice smooth hit it gives.

That was one of the items that really called to me, like over some of the top prizes even. Looks even better than I thought! Good to see you enjoying it!

Greenleaf88

Agreed. I keep mine on the most closed setting with the integrated stem, fully closed with USA (granted I don’t use the USA much), mostly closed with the OG airflow (don’t really use this anymore either). This is for native use.

When I was using the stock stem with OG airflow for water, I was keeping it around half closed, but I’m surprisingly fine with the wide open WPA.

Open airflow for native use feels too airy to me. I prefer the tighter flow there for sure.
Seeing as u have all 3 I've been curious cuz I wanna get myself a usa and get a custom stem done but also tapered 14mm.

I use my anvil mostly thru water but I do enjoy it sometimes native, I guess my question is if it's worth buying the WPA or the USA at all? Or I stick with mh stock stem with the xl mouthpiece

dutchey666

The thing with the WPA is it is way easier to keep clean. All the parts in the xl setup make it a process to clean and for me it is always dripping with reclaim.
With the wpa, once it starts getting a little drippy I like to break a q-tip in half and scoop up as much reclaim as possible rubbing it around the inner tube with each half and clean the tip with the cotton (works best right after a bowl). For a standard anvil and xl setup I like to use iso wipes and some qtips. If you're not just soaking most of the parts iso wipes make quick work of the reclaim, peeling cotton off the qtip, wrapping it in an iso wipe and jamming it through the condenser. Rinse and dry.

dutchey666,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Seeing as u have all 3 I've been curious cuz I wanna get myself a usa and get a custom stem done but also tapered 14mm.

I use my anvil mostly thru water but I do enjoy it sometimes native, I guess my question is if it's worth buying the WPA or the USA at all? Or I stick with mh stock stem with the xl mouthpiece
I have the stem combo, the wpa kit and the USA kit. If I could choose again I would just get the USA kit. It can be paired with a wpa (I use the one by Ed's tnt) and with many stems.

condition

Just to be sure on what I own, lol, this is the USA WPA or International? Because I have this and use it a lot.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Just to be sure on what I own, lol, this is the USA WPA or International? Because I have this and use it a lot.
This is the WPA kit. The USA kit stands for universal standard adapter I believe and it's compatible with the Dynavap standard size that is now also used by PhattPiggie in his standalone version of the Thermal Accumulator.

Don Chjun

I got the anvil with the integrated stem and the USA. First I used the stem without mouthpiece on a hydratube, the o-ring from the heatshield keeps the anvil in place and it feels like a big a** glass stem. As I really like to RTL the cooling provided by the hydratube wasn't enough (used it dry as cleaning a hydratube is a really painful process) so I started using my megaglobe and I was amazed by how easy it is to white wall it with the anvil. Still it wasn't enough cooling so I started using the USA with a Vong(i) stem and a MJ arsenal mini recycler and that almost hits the spot, until two things happened. First I almost branded myself on the forehead and secondly, as I added a stinger to the stem (I'm on a personal quest to achieve the smoothest RTL hit) little yellow globs started forming in the water. I remembered that the WPA descriptions mentions that it was designed to allow the anvil to have a "full" glass path and prevent condensation. Time to use glass stems with the USA. My obvious first choice: a BB9, but it didn't worked that well because the 10 mm joint of the bb9 doesn't make a tight fit with the minirecycler so I switched to the standard straight 10-14-19 mm multiadapter with the USA. That way I can use the mini recycler on the go and the megaglobe when I want to look how easy it is to make big clouds with the anvil.

So now my questions, how can a WPA be that much different from a USA with a WPA stem? The WPA doesn't have the airflow control but it doesn't seem to need it as posted by other members, can you still RTL with an open airflow?
Is there a reason to get a WPA now other than looks, build quality and that it will make a tight seal because of the o-rings?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

how can a WPA be that much different from a USA with a WPA stem?
They're not that different imo. USA kit and a good wpa is as effective as WPA kit but adds the versatility of the 8mm sizing. The multiple size adapters are not that nice imo as they are often not a good fit.
there a reason to get a WPA now other than looks, build quality and that it will make a tight seal because of the o-rings?
Not really.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I have been using the stock device through water with a 14mm drop down
I use the 3rd party wood shield the most as it’s best with managing the high heat. But I have to hold the stem to the gong For proper seal.
I have a USA kit on the way
I should probably just order the WPA, lol.

New heady glass incoming too if the snow stops!

Shorner

I have just received an Anvil, I have the carbon Heathshield, integrated stem and XL mouthpiece, I bought it used with 3 XL bowls and 2 full bowls also loads of o rings and blazer Firefox torch.
I have taken it all apart and polished all the parts and it's come up like new , all the pieces of it seem like top quality, I put it all together and loaded a full bowl lightly, torched it just above the thermal battery and waited for the 2nd click...2 massive rips and looked at the avb and it was still very light I couldn't believe it!
This thing is strong my legs feel numb now🤣🤣
I have seen plenty of people online saying a dynavap with fmj is just as good? Is it fuck🤣 after 2 rips my dyna stuff is being sold!!

Last edited:

Shorner

Really ? What did you use ?
Mine looks so bad (but works great of course !).
I used a product called the "pink stuff" and a toothbrush it took ages but came up well..its probably only available in the UK.
Green polishing compound should work well too for copper...

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
These people have never hit an Anvil, and I know this for a fact because I used to be one of these people. Sad to admit, but sometimes you get swept up in vitriol vs factual performance.
I also see a lot of bold claims about the Anvil on this thread. I think people get pretty hyped about a favorite vape and lose a grip sometimes.

Grumpyrider

Infamous__vapes on Instagram
These people have never hit an Anvil, and I know this for a fact because I used to be one of these people. Sad to admit, but sometimes you get swept up in vitriol vs factual performance.
I agree. I was also one of those people. I owned 3 FMJ’s and thought I was getting top performance. I received my usa kit in the mail 3 weeks ago and it’s WAY better than I expected. It has even managed to give my flowerpot a rest

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I also see a lot of bold claims about the Anvil on this thread. I think people get pretty hyped about a favorite vape and lose a grip sometimes.
I was skeptical of those claims before I had one, but once I actually had one in my hands I could see that those claims are mostly based in reality. I (like others here) started to sell most of my collection off once the Anvil landed 🤷🏼‍♂️ even sold my FW7.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I was skeptical of those claims before I had one, but once I actually had one in my hands I could see that those claims are mostly based in reality. I (like others here) started to sell most of my collection off once the Anvil landed 🤷🏼‍♂️ even sold my FW7.
I have an Anvil and have since the first post-founders launch. I think it is great but would not replace any of my vapes besides the vapcaps. I know preferences are hard to pin down but it has never wowed me. It is extremely easy to drive with a torch, probably more than any other vape. The flavor can be pretty great at the beginning but falls off rapidly. I do like the versatility but I don't find it excellent with the direct draw or on glass experience.

I don't wonder why people like it. I would just never reach for it over my FP or really any desktop.

Top Bottom