Anvil by Vestratto

Coming up on three weeks and this is still the only vape I’ve been using pretty much. A few Bowle sessions here and there and maybe one CouchLog rip in that span. It’s just so easy and simple to get blasted with this thing. Native is a lot more chill and also a fun experience, though I need to grab an XL mouthpiece when I can get it stateside with more reasonable shipping.

Here’s a 42 second heat up at the thermal battery.

My_50p_worth

It is such a pain in the arse having to keep swapping MP’s to get the Anvil in the case :rofl:

Anyone come up with a temporary storage solution that can hold a hot XL anvil?

My_50p_worth,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’ve got quite the Anvil bowl collection happening. You can see I went pretty hard on the Founders Edition half and full bowls. Since getting the Users Edition the new style full bowl has been my go to but I do hit the half bowl when I want to cash a bowl in one draw. I do really like the Helix too. It has a more restrictive draw but has a similar feeling to a tightly packed bowl in a bong. Very thick fast vapor.

I’m really enjoying the XL bowl. I’m really liking it for kief hits. It’s got plenty of room for a decent amount of kief topped with flower and still keeping the pack light and airy. I like to put the kief in the bowl first then add the herb so the kief gets blasted with the heat first.
88-E37811-FCD8-4-AC3-98-A8-67-EC105-B64-A4.jpg

My_50p_worth

I posted my impressions of the Anvil a few pages back, including the fact that I notice a slight "wobble" when you hold the bowl/oven in one hand and the stem in the other and wiggle it. I also posted about how I felt the air flow adjustment device needs improvement (difficult to turn, squeaking noise, needs to be re-seated, etc.).

Meanwhile on the induction heater front:

I tried the Anvil with the Wand and was not impressed. The coil on the Wand is enormous when compared to dedicated DV induction heaters. I am not an expert on induction heating, but I did read that having the coil as close as possible to the object being heated results in the greatest heating efficiency. Heating a DV or an Anvil in the huge coil of the Wand seems very inefficient. I've tried the DV adapter for the Wand but the DV sits too deep in the cup, and ends up heating the stem. The Anvil fits in the silicone sleeve of the DV adapter, which helps to keep it centered in the Wand, however there is no "bottom" to it, so keeping the Anvil at the desired depth is a manual process. Not always easy unless you have steady hands. I also struggled with time outs with the Wand, even with the temp set >800°F. It would just stop heating and had to be power cycled. I know there are others out there who have had great success with the Wand, but I did not like it for DV or Anvil use.

However:

• 60 seconds (flashes) in the Black Shadow induction heater results in perfectly even dark brown ABV in one hit.
  • 50 seconds (flashes) in the UFO induction heater results in perfectly even dark brown ABV in one hit.
The Black Shadow and the UFO have much smaller coils than the Wand. The Anvil fits in both heaters, and the depth of the Anvil is determined by the depth of the glass tubes in the heaters. The Anvil sits in both heaters without needing to be held, so you can just drop it in and count the flashes. After every 9th flash pull the Anvil out and stick it right back in. After the 5th heating cycle turn the heater back on and keep going.

There may be other inexpensive induction heaters out there that will fit the Anvil, but that would depend on the ID of the tube. The Anvil will not fit in the Orion.
That’s something I’ve not thought about before. When I had a UFO it was WAY too aggressive with my DV unless I pulse heated,

I suppose it works to your advantage with Anvil, whereas the properly DV tuned ones don’t

How’s the anvil compared to a Dynavap?
Depends how you use your dynavap?

If you’re a micro doser I would argue the DV is better for that personally

If you want the heaviest hit possible the Anvil is a good option for you

Although that’s not to say the Anvil can’t microdose or the DV can’t macrodose

Last edited:

3xFantasyChamp

Coming up on three weeks and this is still the only vape I’ve been using pretty much. A few Bowle sessions here and there and maybe one CouchLog rip in that span. It’s just so easy and simple to get blasted with this thing. Native is a lot more chill and also a fun experience, though I need to grab an XL mouthpiece when I can get it stateside with more reasonable shipping.

Here’s a 42 second heat up at the thermal battery.

Lol I feel you. That's the same rotation I've been on minus the CL. My sessions are never really too long, mostly due to only being able to do my thing at night time. I typically go in the garage to medicate. So the Anvil and other devices are really convenient to use. It's usually an in and out type of deal for me.

Edit: Anvil w/ some goodies for sale on FC Classifieds 👀

Last edited:

SillyNotMe

take a good sock and wrap it around the anvil
I raise you work pants and reference what I did afterward. Cordura sticks like melted plastic. What works is oven cleaner.
Easy Off in the yellow Heavy Duty bottle. Leave it to soak for a while.
Wipe off. Swear, repeat.

TooHightooFly52

Wow. So my XL bowl and mouthpiece arrived yesterday. I 100% see what some people were saying with the overall feel of the vape in your hands with the XL mouthpiece - feels well balanced now. The additional cooling for native hits is also welcome. Onto the XL bowl... my god. Normally I would do a RTL bowl from the Anvil, and then a Vapman session to chill out after. Last night I made sure to have nothing already in my system and then I packed the bowl with some king crusher and just that one bowl hit me incredibly hard - actually was able to cut down my nighttime routine by a bit thanks to how hard it smacked. God I love this thing.

fogbank

That’s something I’ve not thought about before. When I had a UFO it was WAY too aggressive with my DV unless I pulse heated,

I suppose it works to your advantage with Anvil, whereas the properly DV tuned ones don’t
Not to get too far off topic here, but I was able to dial in the UFO for the DV perfectly. With an SS tip I heat to the first click, no draw, put it on the magnet until the cool-down click, heat to 3 seconds after the click for the next 4 draws. Perfect dark brown ABV every time. I do that in rapid succession - no breaks between hits.

The Anvil in the UFO is even easier. I get the click somewhere near the middle of the fourth heat cycle (so about 40 seconds in). I heat for a total of 50 flashes and then start drawing. Dark brown ABV in one long hit. It's nice doing a single heat up and a single draw for the Anvil vs. a separate heat up for each hit on the DV.

BubbleDrop

No but I'm not doing anything special. I posted a pic a few pages back with the inner flame about an inch long and pointed with the tip not quite touching where the copper battery meets the middle oven. Really anywhere from the lowest part of the battery up to the middle oven is impressive with a long pointy single flame.
Well noted, thanks.
Also I checked but couldn't find your pic. :-/

BubbleDrop,

seki

Thanks ! That was 40 pages back, I didn't search that far. :)
You can search a thread for all the posts from a particular member by specifying "This Thread" in the search dialog box drop-down (provided you are viewing the specific thread you want to search), and entering their username in the By: field. Leave the Search... field empty, and it will return a listing of all posts by the member you specify.

fcsearch.jpg

@bossman still has 74 posts as he's been an active participant in the thread, but 4 pages of posts is still a lot easier to search through than 141.

On a different note, I don't know if it helps significantly, but I've added some glass balls to the Founders edition tube cap that I've been using for chamber removal. My reasoning is that I could feel the cap get warm as it's transferring heat from the chamber, so I figure adding the balls should help to wick heat away a little quicker.
cap-balls.jpg

If nothing else, it gives the cap a little more weight and makes it feel a little nicer to handle.

My_50p_worth

The more time I spend with the .2 bowl in a water piece the more I’m liking it

I notice a real difference in production and effects, and it’s much harder to clear in one go than the .1

Wonder if it’s the extra pulling leverage that allows it to shine, as I certainly don’t notice this difference natively

qreenify

Does someone know when the XL mouthpiece will be in stock again? I got 24h to order later today and Im not spending $35 x2 for shipping then I’d rather skip.

qreenify,

vaping herbs

Does someone know when the XL mouthpiece will be in stock again? I got 24h to order later today and Im not spending $35 x2 for shipping then I’d rather skip.

Write an email to Vestratto and ask if they can create the order manually with the xl mouthpiece so you only have to pay the shipping costs once. It worked for me that way.

someTooL

Been playing with the .2 oven. It runs hotter then my half or full ovens. The clicks are almost simultaneous. I’m finding I need to heat on the oven instead of the battery when using.

Finally broke down and bought the 420 case too. Like the green. As a first time user, I soon learned that the case is shaped like the Anvil. Yes, took me a couple tries to figure out how it fit :lol:

fogbank

I had a minor complaint about the unpolished bottom of the bowl, and was interested to read in the FAQ that this is by design.

After using the Anvil for a few months, and with some suggestions from @Whiff, I now find it easy to handle the hot Anvil. I bought the case and use the magnet in the cap to cool the bowl, which is cool enough to touch in less than a minute. By the time I'm done filling the bowl the oven is at least cool enough not to burn anymore.

fogbank,
Reactions: Kudzu407
Top Bottom