Anvil by Vestratto

Justpassedu

Not sure if I posted this pic but either way I’ll post it again , the futo magnet has been working great to unscrew the chamber for at home use. I been enjoying the hell out of my Anvil. I was never into the dynavaps but do give the company credit , I spent more on one of my dynavaps in the past than I did the Anvil but the Anvil has just been so simple to use for me there is almost no learning curve. The huge hits it provides are smooth and powerful , the quality is very nice with it needing some minor improvements but those don’t really effect the vapor output . My only gripe is really my airflow does not adjust well and if adjusted leaves a wobbly top half but I am sure Vestratto will fix that issue . I cannot wait for a larger bowl but super happy to have this vape in my hands and I am sure everyone else that makes a purchase will really enjoy it.

jasp3r

Not sure if I posted this pic but either way I’ll post it again , the futo magnet has been working great to unscrew the chamber for at home use. I been enjoying the hell out of my Anvil. I was never into the dynavaps but do give the company credit , I spent more on one of my dynavaps in the past than I did the Anvil but the Anvil has just been so simple to use for me there is almost no learning curve. The huge hits it provides are smooth and powerful , the quality is very nice with it needing some minor improvements but those don’t really effect the vapor output . My only gripe is really my airflow does not adjust well and if adjusted leaves a wobbly top half but I am sure Vestratto will fix that issue . I cannot wait for a larger bowl but super happy to have this vape in my hands and I am sure everyone else that makes a purchase will really enjoy it.
Will be grabbing on for 4/20 sale. Thanks for tempting me

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Brick style vapes are my go-to so I'm interested in the Anvil comparison. I don't have an Anvil yet but I'm looking for that email (signed up around Jan 11 the first time for those who are curious). Folks, how does one Anvil's worth of flower do in your Bricks, Novas, or O'Connell vapes? I don't know if it would cover the screen in my Knotty Topper. I'm excited to get the Anvil because it seems to be capable of full beast mode with some conduction as well as "tanning" flower like I love to do with the Knotty. Those who use both Anvil and Brick style vapes, are your Bricks still passing the reach test, or are you reaching for that Anvil more?

Always still reaching for the SBL, but this has a similar high signature. It’s got that punch. Brick just taste better from the straight convection/glass mp. I’ve had bricks for years tho and have technique dialed in.

alex91

@Whiff has addressed some of these issues. Try to see If it gets better:

Yes thats normal if you try and close it fully, you will notice the more you close it the more wiggly it gets. When you feel it a bit wiggly you can slowly turn it the other way (to open) and u should feel it tighten up a bit without really changing the airflow position. Hope that made sense lol i just got to Anville so i am sorry if it didn't make sense

so in other words if you are closing the airflow up, once you have your adjustment just slowly turn the unit as if you were opening it but dont add any pressure and it should tighten up at your desired airflow. It only feels wiggly like that when closing the unit but wont happen when twisting it for an open position

Try spinning the oven clockwise without adding pressure liek you would when changing airflow

what it does is spin the oven and valve together and it tightens up the same setting

Edit: so like if im set to wide open and want to go to half i would
set to half
spin oven or body clockwise slowly until i feel it tighten up a bit

alex91

Oh I read his fix but it did not work for me , Vestratto when time prevails will make me a longer piece to fix it the last time we had spoke .

Nice! Is this a thing on all units and he’s fixing it for the next batch or it’s just yours that’s a bit looser?

alex91,

Justpassedu

Nice! Is this a thing on all units and he’s fixing it for the next batch or it’s just yours that’s a bit looser?
I’m not sure as I only have 1 anvil but have heard a few people that said the same as me. It honestly doesn’t effect anything usage wise except for me I can’t really get fully closed or close to fully closed airflow and when I try the top half wobbles a bit . I been using it at half airflow with no wobble and it’s been working amazingly well . I’d just like the option to run fully or close to fully closed with out the copper core portion having wobble .

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Reddit is a very odd place. That is all.

If I ever want to read the “worst take” on something, I log on to Reddit

————

I think somebody first mentioned this to me, but when you put together the Anvil. If you put the chamber on at wide open, then twist the chamber through its motions until it’s at closed position, then bring it back once more to your desired airflow setting. I’ve found that works well to avoid the looseness happening.

Also I have noticed with the Firefox torch, I heat the second level copper band and it’s nice coffee roast.
then when i use the smaller pb207 I heat the bottom level, the battery and it’s about the same. So depending on torch will change how aggressive to heat.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
T Nailed it.

People that have never been in the same room with an anvil are looking for any excuse to convince themselves it’s just a more expensive dyna. Meanwhile, the simrell mvs raises no eyebrows.

yeah I’ve seen some people bitch about the price of the bowls for Anvil, but the Dyna tips are around the same price Or more expensive.
so I dont know what people would be bitching about.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

RedZep

I actually think the resistance we have seen on Reddit is a very good sign for the product. People's VAS is kicking in bigtime, and they are grasping at anything to try and persuade themselves they don't need an Anvil.

They will cave. VAS always wins.

Crust

All the talk of torches drove me to pickup the Blazer Mini. Snuck one in from SP’s before they sold out. Been using the Vapman with success, but have found extended periods cause it to not shut off.

Little tip for loading I’ve found useful. The pax loading tool from CH fits perfectly in the ovens. A full scoop fits the full oven. And step it up a notch, the scoop dawg from skillet tools is a blessing for trate loading.

Appreciate the chatter and helpful information being dropped by all.
Hey, just wanted to clarify…you’ve used the blazer with the vapman without issue?

I purchased a blazer like torch for my en route Anvil and am just curious if I’ll need a smaller torch for vapman. Thanks

Crust,

Texus

Hey, just wanted to clarify…you’ve used the blazer with the vapman without issue?

I purchased a blazer like torch for my en route Anvil and am just curious if I’ll need a smaller torch for vapman. Thanks
I would use a smaller torch for Vapman. In fact my favorite torch is the one that it now comes with.

I just use Firefox for Anvil and dabs.

A torch that can do both decently? BT-4000 pencil Blazer torch. The torch I use the most. But a lot of that is pocketability. Another pocket sized option that I imagine would be great is the Scorch torch.

Texus,
Reactions: Crust

Crust

I would use a smaller torch for Vapman. In fact my favorite torch is the one that it now comes with.

I just use Firefox for Anvil and dabs.

A torch that can do both decently? BT-4000 pencil Blazer torch. The torch I use the most. But a lot of that is pocketability. Another pocket sized option that I imagine would be great is the Scorch torch.
Thanks. I grabbed the honest brand pen torch Bossman recommended a few pages back. I believe it has a lower max temp 2,350 than the blazer’s 2,500 but Bossman mentioned it heated the anvil more quickly. Hmm…

Crust,
Reactions: bossman

someTooL

Yep. Smaller pinpoint torch needed for Vapman. Can’t recommend the Firefox enough for the anvil though. Very nice.

SillyNotMe

Question about lag time between heat up clicks. I’m aiming for an Uncle Buck. What are others getting or aiming for?

SillyNotMe,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks. I grabbed the honest brand pen torch Bossman recommended a few pages back. I believe it has a lower max temp 2,350 than the blazer’s 2,500 but Bossman mentioned it heated the anvil more quickly. Hmm…
I have a Blazer PT4000 I need to put on the classifieds. It's pointy and precise but not nearly the size or range as that off brand Honest pencil. I'd be glad to learn it's a good Vapman torch
Question about lag time between heat up clicks. I’m aiming for an Uncle Buck. What are others getting or aiming for?
I always stop at the first click now because I combusted once torching fairly hard to the second click. It always clicks twice eventually for me with a single flame of an inch or more

Crust

I have a Blazer PT4000 I need to put on the classifieds. It's pointy and precise but not nearly the size or range as that off brand Honest pencil. I'd be glad to learn it's a good Vapman torch

I always stop at the first click now because I combusted once torching fairly hard to the second click. It always clicks twice eventually for me with a single flame of an inch or more
When I was trying to find some details about the honest torch part night I found it’s listed by a number of different names and can be found in a 2 pack for $12 if you need backups.

Top Bottom