Angus Enhanced

imor jones

Plastic smell does not sound good.
Is the smell coming from the outside of the vape, from the plastic shell? Or is the taste also to find when you inhale from the device, is it in the airpath?
Putting the vape at a airy place. Outside on the balcony over night. This helps a lot to get rid of the plastic smell

Last edited:
imor jones,

Testuser1283

Same here, i am also from germany and it smells after 10 or more burn in cycles. No smell from outside here, only from inside.
Hope it disappears after a while...
Using the long stem full with 4mm ruby balls and at 220°. Think this is too much restriction. Will try it with medium stem and 4mm ruby balls.
But overall this is exactly what i was looking for. It is so smooth in comparison with migthy. The only disadvantage is that it is not as sturdy due to the glas stem. But i wanted a mobile device that i could use at high temperatures and not have to cough. And i love it :love:

tom2199

Mine did get better only after 10+ burn offs as well. After that there still was a slight, kind of metallic smell, but I was impatient and put some herb in to test it out. My first impressions are very good, it produces a ton of vapor! Didn't taste metallic and now after use it doesn't smell anymore.
I'm experimenting with balls in the stem, I have 6,35mm and 4mm ones. If I just use the bigger ones, the bottom screen gets clogged with the ball:
So I use a small 4mm one in the bottom to raise the other balls a bit up:

kokolokokolokon

The first time i had the same thoughts like “this smells”. After some burn offs the smell keep a little, so i decided to do a session: no bad taste. And after do some sessions (i did like 3/4 back to back sessions-cycles when I used it for first time :D) there was no smell after cleaning it.

And i can hold it in the hand without problem after 4 cycles…20minutes session, which is very very nice thing

Raeffnix

I picked mine up this evening as well and I must say, I don't find the smell to be too bad. Even asked my partner if she could smell a strong plastic smell which she couldn't (my sense of smell is terrible :D )
Have done a couple of burn offs now and will give it a spin tomorrow evening, very curious!
Any advice on keeping it clean?

imor jones

Hmm...the smell was actually pretty strong out of the box. Its vanishing now by usage. But its still there a bit after 2 bowles. I wonder if it maybe even could come from the hardshell case it came in. Because the case smells super strong like plastic/clue chemical 🤔. And when it was inside there now for a few weeks/month. At the customs at a hot place maybe. i can imagin, that the device took the smell of the case!?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
FWIW I had similar smell experiences with my OG version unit (never really got better for me, especially taste wise, though the person I sold it to had no complaints):shrug:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

kokolokokolokon

Hmm...the smell was actually pretty strong out of the box. Its vanishing now by usage. But its still there a bit after 2 bowles. I wonder if it maybe even could come from the hardshell case it came in.
My case had smell too but it is gone after sometime. Same with the 2con case. No problem now 🤔 how much burn offs dis you before use it?

never really got better for me
Maybe it depends of the unit and the person. Some friends have the og/100w and they prefer it over the tinymight because they can taste the metallic point of the heater, but no problem with the bulb+balls of the angus

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: LesPlenty

imor jones

My case had smell too but it is gone after sometime. Same with the 2con case. No problem now 🤔 how much burn offs dis you before use it?
The unit arrived yesterday. I did like 7 burnouts. Before that i cleaned everything with qtip, iso and water. Now after 4 bowles...the unit is still smelling a bit like a new car. And also when i inhale from it, cold without herbs, i have a little bit of the taste of new car.
Using it with herbs is super tasty though...i like the taste and the performance a lot!

Last edited:

Raeffnix

Had the first session at lower temps last night, definitely very happy with the Angus Enhanced :) Didn't notice a smell or taste when using it with flower and it hits like a brick ;)

Also got a grinder and another smaller vape case for free from lcv with my order which is nice (nothing fancy obviously but the case fits the side bubbler well)

Last edited:

imor jones

I have not tried the low temps yet so much. Only highest and second highest. Till now for me the AE shines through the dry rig. Here you get nice milky rips. Like with the angus og. But i have to dry lowtemps with the original mouth pieces and the side bubbler.
The fabric smell is almost gone now, after 3 days.
About battery life. It eats for sure a lot battery. I thought it would maybe eat less than the angus og with 50w. But even have the impression that it eats more. But i havent used the same batteries. Though i cant really compare.
The airflow is much better compared to the og. And its adjustable...

Whats about the dosing capsules?
Are they nice? Good performance?

Edit: microdosing(bit less than half bowle filled). Seceond temp Level. With the side bubbler. Super nice delicious Hits, with nice clouds...

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

About battery life. It eats for sure a lot battery. I thought it would maybe eat less than the angus og with 50w. But even have the impression that it eats more. But i havent used the same batteries. Though i cant really compare.
Maybe the batteries(?). i notice a better battery life in comparison to the og angus (much more with the 50W).
Maybe the difference is not much more when i use it at 240 (230 + boost, for hash + herb) but the OG didnt have this temps.

Whats about the dosing capsules?
Are they nice? Good performance?
At first i didn´t like then a lot, but now i know how to pack the herb in them...i think they are great. They reduce the performance but you get even better flavor, smoother vapor and keep the device clean

imor jones

Maybe the batteries(?). i notice a better battery life in comparison to the og angus (much more with the 50W).
Maybe the difference is not much more when i use it at 240 (230 + boost, for hash + herb) but the OG didnt have this temps.

At first i didn´t like then a lot, but now i know how to pack the herb in them...i think they are great. They reduce the performance but you get even better flavor, smoother vapor and keep the device clean
Hmm....yeah, about battery life i dont know. I would have to do a real comparison between og and enhanced But i still do not have the impression, that the enhanced eats significant less battery.

Ah, whats about that boost temp.? How do i come in boost mode?

I have used the enhanced now a few times with the side bubbler. On Level one. And thats really nice.

Ok, nice to hear, thst the capsules can give a nice experience!

imor jones,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Raeffnix

Still very happy with the Angus Enhanced, I've been using dosing capsules and 3mm ruby balls in the stem from the start, like both of those. The dosing capsules seem very useful in keeping the heating chamber clean, haven't done a flavor comparison but not noticing anything off about them.

This weekend I'll give a higher temperature and the bubbler a spin, let's see where that goes ;)

imor jones

I am also very happy with the enhanced.
I mainly use it with the sidebubbler for now. Still have to fill a stem with glass balls.
But it really took a few days to get rid of the new car smell. Now after almost a week its still not 100% away. On day 3 my friend said "hmm it has some robot fart" on it. I would not have called it robo fart cs i could not taste it with herbs. Just by inhaling from unit cold and without herbs.
I wonder if my unit even smelled more than others 🤔

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hey,
I've received the new Angus recently and created a leather sleeve to dress it, protect it and hide this plastic...
It's a great vape, easy to use. I like it with the stem and the glass stick made by @Kalu.
IMG-20240602-103535.jpg
IMG-20240602-103403.jpg
IMG-20240602-105951-966.webp

seedy53

getting ae and am concerned about robo fart/plastic smell.
is it hurtful to the lungs?
how shall i address i?
it will be here in a week or 2.
detail fix instructions please.

seedy53,

kokolokokolokon

getting ae and am concerned about robo fart/plastic smell.
is it hurtful to the lungs?
how shall i address i?
it will be here in a week or 2.
detail fix instructions please.
Mine had the smell for about a couple of days. But no bad feelings or bad flavor. After that, no real bad smell except the case smell, which does the affect to the device vapor (IME)

Top Bottom