• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Am I doing something wrong with my Dynavap? I get very weak vapor not as thick as everyone claims

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals id probably wait until I heard back from Dynavap before making an new purchase. It's not that there is anything wrong with the ss other than I prefer the taste of the titanium, and granted the ss is supposed to retain heat slightly longer to me it's a pretty nominal difference. No sense spending good money on another vape when you're not 100% sure if it's you or the vape ( I'm still leaning toward a bad tip or cap ) while you're waiting to hear back. My only real concern about not receiving a replacement is only because of the time between now and the purchase but I still think that they will help you out, call me a hopeful fool lol but I do believe in their customer service. It makes sense that you did at least get slightly better results with the screen, I noticed bigger clouds that way but something is obviously still not right. I get pretty good clouds heating towards the centre and your struggling heating for maximum temp. That dog won't hunt! And there's got to be a reason why imo. I suppose I should have asked this before but how long does it take to heat your cap for max temp? I should have asked earlier, just tested mine and for max temp it took ruffly 18 seconds or at least a count of 18 but I spin like a mad fiend so my heat up is quite slow and I'm using a single flame 🔥

Again, thanks for the benefit of the doubt lol! To heat the cap with a single flame... if I had to guess somewhere between 15 to 25 seconds, a little faster with the Dual flame and about less than 10 seconds with the Vertigo triple flame torch. Yeah man, I'm going to let this sale pass me by for the moment.. Like you said, better to hear back from them first.

I can't believe the clouds you can get off these little pieces of titanium🙏 the terp tongue is incredible off these vapcaps..
Keep up the good fight. You'll get the hang of it.. maybe you haven't found the right model. My world opened up after I purchased an Omni xl..

Funny.. that's what I use too.. And I'm thinking to myself, "The M has to be better since so many more people own one instead of our highly expensive Omni XL's since I'm unable to get much of any huge clouds with it on a consistent basis. The reason for this thinking is.. more people own the M.. and most of these AAA Reviews for the Dynavap are mainly about their M's, all the videos I see of people getting huge clouds are with the M.. so I really don't know what else to think lol. Do you find the airflow adjustment useful at all? Just curious... I usually keep it pretty tight.. to the point where you can just see the o rings through the hole.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet (and it's very important).... Is your herb thoroughly dried out? For thick vapor, one of the requirements is that the bud has to be dry as it can get - crispy dry. When I use herb straight out of a jar that has a humidifier pack in it, the experience is a big letdown. The performance just isn't there.

Also heating past the click is an integral part of getting big performance out of a DV.

Try this- fill your DV with at least 0.05 worth of finely ground herb that has been thoroughly (and I mean thoroughly) dried out. Always heat a few seconds past the click (this will vary based on your lighter/IH type). Take your hits in quick succession using the mouth pull / lung pull method that everyone here talks about. If you do all of these things, there is no reason to not get big satisfying hits.

I can get hits that are too big... The kind that make you cough up a lung and regret taking a hit that big. If I can do it, so can you. I've also experienced the letdown of light whispy hits. Whenever that happens, it's either because I'm not heating past the click enough, or my herb isn't dried out enough, or I'm using whole nugs.

It's so funny you mentioned this because this is exactly what I've been wondering. What is the best method for drying out the herb besides just leaving the top off my Santa Cruz Shredder? For how long? As dry as possible?

I've not sure if you are familiar with Hot Box, Autum Brands, and Raw Garden sauces for my concentrates. I've been telling my dispensary not only about my 8th's weighing in at 3.3 and 3.2 on occassion, but I've also mentioned the moistness in their flower. Autum Brands and Hot Box Wedding Cake are what I mainly use.

I was thinking this ever since I got some of their Hot Box Dubon Poison and I saw almost no vapor even from my Evo. I don't think their flower is dried out right. Maybe this is a big part of it. About how many days and is there any quick method that works other than just leaving my grinder open?

Again, thanks for the benefit of the doubt lol! To heat the cap with a single flame... if I had to guess somewhere between 15 to 25 seconds, a little faster with the Dual flame and about less than 10 seconds with the Vertigo triple flame torch. Yeah man, I'm going to let this sale pass me by for the moment.. Like you said, better to hear back from them first.

Funny.. that's what I use too.. And I'm thinking to myself, "The M has to be better since so many more people own one instead of our highly expensive Omni XL's since I'm unable to get much of any huge clouds with it on a consistent basis. The reason for this thinking is.. more people own the M.. and most of these AAA Reviews for the Dynavap are mainly about their M's, all the videos I see of people getting huge clouds are with the M.. so I really don't know what else to think lol. Do you find the airflow adjustment useful at all? Just curious... I usually keep it pretty tight.. to the point where you can just see the o rings through the hole.

It's so funny you mentioned this because this is exactly what I've been wondering. What is the best method for drying out the herb besides just leaving the top off my Santa Cruz Shredder? For how long? As dry as possible?

I've not sure if you are familiar with Hot Box, Autum Brands, and Raw Garden sauces for my concentrates. I've been telling my dispensary not only about my 8th's weighing in at 3.3 and 3.2 on occassion, but I've also mentioned the moistness in their flower. Autum Brands and Hot Box Wedding Cake are what I mainly use.

I was thinking this ever since I got some of their Hot Box Dubon Poison and I saw almost no vapor even from my Evo. I don't think their flower is dried out right. Maybe this is a big part of it. About how many days and is there any quick method that works other than just leaving my grinder open?
I definitely recommend the adjustable airflow on the omni, to me it's the most important function that the omni provides and it's worth every penny. It sounds like your on the right track but dont hesitate to open that airflow up a bit..You definitely want that fresh air coming in to ramp up that vapor, the Omni Xl is a good choice, keep playing with the airflow and remember to keep it fairly open, the results may shock you..

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

I definitely recommend the adjustable airflow on the omni, to me it's the most important function that the omni provides and it's worth every penny. It sounds like your on the right track but dont hesitate to open that airflow up a bit..You definitely want that fresh air coming in to ramp up that vapor, the Omni Xl is a good choice, keep playing with the airflow and remember to keep it fairly open, the results may shock you..

I will and thank you man. I was actually thinking I was going to get flamed for my original post.. but then I remembered what community we are in here! ;) It's been about a month and my Omni is soaking up some ISO at the moment and my tip is in a little baggie full of orange chronic. Tomorrow I'll dry out everything and try again. I hope my Screen isn't damaged because I want to use the smallest chamber position this time.

I do play around with the airflow, but still always find myself frantically searching for the carb hole. It is kinda like sucking through a straw but I can feel the vapor the more I feather the airport. I'll let you know if anything changes after the cleaning.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Ok, I'ma throw my :2c: in.

First up, I'm a cautious type so I tend to take things slow.

I struggled to get the big clouds that I was seeing and hearing about, took me about 18 months for the penny to drop.
I remember the first time I saw one of phattpiggie's videos of him making massive clouds and thinking WTF am I doing wrong!

Now I understand a bit more of what the variables are and how to work them to get the results I need.

@Socks And Sandals I'm not sure how much experimentation you have done with your omni but if it is a fully functional(non faulty) unit, it should be good to go no matter what technique you use.

Here are the two most opposed heating scenarios I find I use. Single flame lighters are my go to.

Fast heatup:

Grind - medium/fine.

Pack - half way and loose.

Number of heat cycles - 1 to 3

Technique - Stay away from the clicker! You only heat at the digger outer(lower) end of the cap.
Do a pre heat. Heat the cap for a few seconds(5 - 8) then stop the flame and let the heat soak in.
Now you start your first true heat cycle by heating low down on the cap and wait patiently for the click(i will often go one or two seconds past the click on this first true heat cycle), then inhale away, the vapor should be quite hot, wait for the cooldown click and then start your next heat cycle.

I tend to average two true heat cycles with this method, I get dense clouds, the flavor is muted, it's hot and can be harsh, the high hits hard/fast and the whole experience(sesh length) from go to whoa takes three minutes max.

Slow heatup:

Grind - medium, pulled chunks, whole nugs small or large.

Pack - loose or firm doesn't seem to matter too much.

Number of heat cycles - 5 to 12

Technique - Basically your first heat cycle is right near the clicker end of the cap and you work your way down with each consecutive heat cycle, till you end up at the digger outer end of the cap.

With this method, I get mostly wispy clouds, the flavor is amazing at the start and degrades with each heat cycle, the vapor is cool at the beginning and heats up as the sesh progresses, the high builds slowly and the whole experience(sesh length) can take up to 20 mins.

Other factors that can have an effect on cloud production/visibility:

Quality of the herb, better herb = more vapor.

Ambient temperature.

Lighting, many videos where you see huge clouds, use lighting to enhance the vapor viability.

I get medicated regardless, whether it's a fast heat up, a slow heat style or something in between.

Hope this helps.:spliff:

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I keep desiccants (small pouches of silicate) I receive in electronics and such, and dry them out in a 200 F. oven (I keep them in a sealed Mason jar). You can get them At Amazon, too. A person could seal your ground goodies with a packet.

macbill,
Reactions: Jill NYC

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I keep desiccants (small pouches of silicate) I receive in electronics and such, and dry them out in a 200 F. oven (I keep them in a sealed Mason jar). You can get them At Amazon, too. A person could seal your ground goodies with a packet.

Thanks, I was thinking that might be the only way to dry some herb I’d like to grind. It’s been 70% humidity lately, and air drying not good to work, like it does in the winter.

RustyOldNail,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It is kinda like sucking through a straw but I can feel the vapor the more I feather the airport.

This might have been mentioned already, but when I see someone new to the DV talk about signficant restriction I like to mention the mouth to lung or mouthpull technique. For me this concept was a major positive factor in enjoying the DV and not tiring myself out. I posted back on page 2064 on this technique if you want to check it out.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, direct lung draws are very exhausting with the airport closed, mtl (mouth to lung) is the way to go.

However, direct lung does work with the airport fully open.

Most users will find some way in between (feathering etc.). But it's key to understand the two opposite poles and what they can do for you.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah, direct lung draws are very exhausting with the airport closed, mtl (mouth to lung) is the way to go.

However, direct lung does work with the airport fully open.

Most users will find some way in between (feathering etc.). But it's key to understand the two opposite poles and what they can do for you.

Well expressed as always, when I first asked about using a glass wand for use in a water rig with my DV, I wanted one with a carb hole, and was mostly told, “you don’t need one”, and it certainly seems more of the aftermarket stems are carb free. I guess some don’t mind the restriction, and don’t like dealing with finding the hole as they move the DV to the rig. I ended up with the DV BB9 with carb. Using “feathering”, I have options. I also enjoy using the Simrell Ti stem with carb on my Mighty (with adapter that replaces the stock MP). As later in a session, as the load gets hotter and thicker, I can finish with the carb totally open, and not choke on it. Siebters advice is spot on, understanding the differences and options. And while forum advice and guidance is helpful, it’s best to experiment for yourself, otherwise I would never had tried the BB9. And if you really hate a carb hole, there are many easy ways to block it.

Socks And Sandals

Well I just cleaned it yesterday.. and more of the same.. I'm sorry guys but I officially give up with this thing.. and because of this I won't be going near butane style vapes again. Why? I just combusted again, and guess what happened after that.. the lighter exploded.. It scared the shit out of me and it hit my 40 inch hdtv causing huge dent in the screen. The lighter exploded into 3 sections and it's a good thing I didn't blow my hand off!

It seems no matter what I do this vape doesn't like me. I hate to sound negative, but because of this experience I won't even look at butane vaporizers again... any of them.. they have lost my interest permanently after this.

I big thank you for everyone who tried to help but I just don't get it... and never will.. I'm done combusting, I'm done with the fluctuating ABV that does or doesn't get extracted. Maybe the induction heater would have made the difference.. but after just combusting once and almost combusting again and having my hand almost blown off..

I'm done with Butane vapes.. I won't go near them again. Not because the lighter exploded but because I honestly believe I can expect more of the same with the Stickybricks and the rest. I'm done with the variables.. I'm done with butane vapes..

Thanks everyone, but I honestly am just done experimenting with this any longer.. I honestly can't recommend this device any more than I would recommend using PBW as a cleaning solution... Yeah the shit doesn't work for me either.. AT all.. that's another opinion of mine that doesn't coincide with FC I guess.

Anyhow as pissed as I am.. thanks guys.. I really appreciate it.. but I'm giving up. No need to reply back, I won't be returning to the thread..

Socks

Last edited:
Get an SJK Induction Heater. Under $50. My Vapcaps have not seen a lighter in years. And, some of them have never seen a lighter. Butane vapes suck. Pain in the ass and you look like a crackhead.

Not sure what country you're in but they are available, pretty much, worldwide.

I agree with you that butane vapes suck. But, my Vapcap is NOT a butane vape. LOL

Hackerman,

Riik

A Vapcap SJK induction heater for under $50! Please point me in the right direction. :)

Riik,

Ebay and Amazon both have them. They are available in 110 volt and 220 volt so watch which version you order depending on where you live.

Hackerman,
Reactions: Jill NYC

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Well I just cleaned it yesterday.. and more of the same.. I'm sorry guys but I officially give up with this thing.. and because of this I won't be going near butane style vapes again. Why? I just combusted again, and guess what happened after that.. the lighter exploded.. It scared the shit out of me and it hit my 40 inch hdtv causing huge dent in the screen. The lighter exploded into 3 sections and it's a good thing I didn't blow my hand off!

It seems no matter what I do this vape doesn't like me. I hate to sound negative, but because of this experience I won't even look at butane vaporizers again... any of them.. they have lost my interest permanently after this.

I big thank you for everyone who tried to help but I just don't get it... and never will.. I'm done combusting, I'm done with the fluctuating ABV that does or doesn't get extracted. Maybe the induction heater would have made the difference.. but after just combusting once and almost combusting again and having my hand almost blown off..

I'm done with Butane vapes.. I won't go near them again. Not because the lighter exploded but because I honestly believe I can expect more of the same with the Stickybricks and the rest. I'm done with the variables.. I'm done with butane vapes..

Thanks everyone, but I honestly am just done experimenting with this any longer.. I honestly can't recommend this device any more than I would recommend using PBW as a cleaning solution... Yeah the shit doesn't work for me either.. AT all.. that's another opinion of mine that doesn't coincide with FC I guess.

Anyhow as pissed as I am.. thanks guys.. I really appreciate it.. but I'm giving up. No need to reply back, I won't be returning to the thread..

Socks

It's ok @Socks And Sandals. This vape is not for everyone, and your latest experience would have pissed me off too. Although I have come around on the vapcaps I will never like using torches. If IH's weren't an option I would have given up on the vapcaps long ago.

I gotta say you just have to find the right kind of torch, I have an induction heater and I have to say I much prefer the torch, I can get much more of a even heat soak and the hits are way more robust with a torch..

anthonybessette,
Reactions: Planck

Sticky13

I gotta say you just have to find the right kind of torch, I have an induction heater and I have to say I much prefer the torch, I can get much more of a even heat soak and the hits are way more robust with a torch..

I gotta say you just have to find the right kind of IH :lol: .. or take the principles from using a torch to adapting your IH exp- low temp cap heating = raised cap or lowered coil.

Really no need for even variable voltage..

-

Once you've sussed the VC, you'll never forget. It really is simple, and very efficient & effective. Try facing the tip+cap north east or west (right of left handed,) the whole vape should look as if its at a ~45° angle off your wrist. In the other hand, hold the torchs visible flame tip (I only use jets) at 1/2-1inch below the cap, aiming for the top 1/3 or 1/2 of the cap. Roll the vape between thumb, index & middle finger, like shaping a cone; That motion moves the flame up and down the cap pretty evenly enough..

Never give up.

Last edited:
Sticky13,
I gotta say you just have to find the right kind of IH :lol: .. or take the principles from using a torch to adapting your IH exp- low temp cap heating = raised cap or lowered coil.

Really no need for even variable voltage..

-

Once you've sussed the VC, you'll never forget. It really is simple, and very efficient & effective. Try facing the tip+cap north east or west (right of left handed,) the whole vape should look as if its at a ~45° angle off your wrist. In the other hand, hold the torchs visible flame tip (I only use jets) at 1/2-1inch below the cap, aiming for the top 1/3 or 1/2 of the cap. Roll the vape between thumb, index & middle finger, like shaping a cone; That motion moves the flame up and down the cap pretty evenly enough..

Never give up.
Why do I need to take the principal's of using a torch to using an IH? Lol? I have an induction heater and I'm just way more into using a torch to get that full robust hit that I don't think a IH can provide...if you like using an IH so much than knock yourself out and have a ball. And that's what I gotta say about that.lol....

Last edited:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Two posts have been removed for breaking our Be Nice rule. Please remember that all members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. Thank you. :peace:

I've noticed that lately my cap is taking longer to click than before, it will actually start smoking a bit before I get the click?
I cleaned my cap thoroughly the night before so I'm wondering if this possibly means I need a new cap. Has anyone experienced this at all with there. Cap?

Greenleaf88

I had the same problem until I started using a triple torch and then starting getting clouds, if u use a triple torch you can even hit it on the first heat cycle and double click it.with usage i understood how it worked and graduated to a single flame and now IH.

How did you clean your cap?

You could do a few dry runs with no herb in the chamber and see if that changes anything.
I cleaned my cap with a lil dishsoap and water. I actually tried it out again last night and I seemed to have better results, luckily I have a captive cap for backup if the problem starts up again.

anthonybessette,

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I cleaned my cap with a lil dishsoap and water. I actually tried it out again last night and I seemed to have better results, luckily I have a captive cap for backup if the problem starts up again.

I'd avoid cleaning the cap with anything other than a Q-tip dipped in iso/everclear, Dynavap doesn't recommend submerging the cap in any cleaning fluid. Its possible that some of the dish soap got into the clicker mechanism and is affecting how it performs.
It sounds like its coming right on it's own any way. :spliff:

Top Bottom