Am I doing something wrong with my Dynavap? I get very weak vapor not as thick as everyone claims

Okla68

If it wasnt for the Appollo 2 IH, I would have pitched my 2020M...from whispy to combustion with different torches(Never could get the use of a Torch, Consistent)..IH made All the difference !

Last edited:
I'd avoid cleaning the cap with anything other than a Q-tip dipped in iso/everclear, Dynavap doesn't recommend submerging the cap in any cleaning fluid. Its possible that some of the dish soap got into the clicker mechanism and is affecting how it performs.
It sounds like its coming right on it's own any way. :spliff:
Actually your wrong? If you go to the snap on utube and look under how to clean your cap it states to clean it in dish soap and water and to soak for a couple of hours. I'm not sure were you getting your info and I'm not trying to be rude but your facts are off on this subject. I urge you to go to the snap on utube and see that the way that I described is actually the correct way...

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Actually your wrong? If you go to the snap on utube and look under how to clean your cap it states to clean it in dish soap and water and to soak for a couple of hours. I'm not sure were you getting your info and I'm not trying to be rude but your facts are off on this subject. I urge you to go to the snap on utube and see that the way that I described is actually the correct way...

Now you got me racking my brain as to why I think what I said. 🤔
Down the youtube rabbit hole I go..............

Now you got me racking my brain as to why I think what I said. 🤔
Down the youtube rabbit hole I go..............
It can be confusing sometimes because I noticed that dynavaps cleaning instructions can be kinda vague. Anyway the q-tip and iso is probably the best way to do it, but they say for a more thorough clean to soak in soap and water for a couple minutes to an hour..

Check out the snap on utube under cap cleaning and let me know what ya think💁‍♂️

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I watched that snap vid and it is exactly as you said. 👍

It's weird though, I swear that in some DV info releases that they have said not to immerse the cap in liquid. It's all a blur in my brain.

I noticed in the comments section of that snap vid, there was someone reflecting what I thought too....

Thanks for letting me know I was giving out wrong/outdated info. :spliff:

Peace.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
It's weird though, I swear that in some DV info releases that they have said not to immerse the cap in liquid. It's all a blur in my brain.

I totally remember that as well – and the reason for that is that enclosed liquid could crack the cap when being heated. So we should make sure everything is evaporated and dry.

Anyway, I remember that info too.

shopdognyc

I read the same. I thought just wiping with a dry q-tip is sufficient when hot. The point made was that the liquid may not escape from the clicking mechanism.

In case anyone is wondering how to clean there dynavap cap, the snap on U-tube which is straight from dynavaps mouth states to soak the cap in soap and water for up to a couple of minutes to an hour. There words not mine... Hopefully this clears up everything...

I personally like to use an iso soaked q-tip but apparently the soaking in soap in water is for deep cleaning and is recommended every couple of months..

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I personally like to use an iso soaked q-tip but apparently the soaking in soap in water is for deep cleaning and is recommended every couple of months..

I do so when I had a combustion accident, getting rid of the smoky aroma takes a bit more than a few wipes with a q tip. But I do recommend doing so mindfully and to be patient when letting it dry; one of my caps actually cracked due to my impatience and while it does still work, it's behaving pretty funky too. So that's actually a thing to consider. In most cases a cracked cap has to be replaced.

Top Bottom