Am I doing something wrong with my Dynavap? I get very weak vapor not as thick as everyone claims

I think I got a bad titanium tip for my vapcap?
Has anyone experienced not getting good airflow with a possible defective tip?
I switched back to my old one and I'm having much better results, just wondering if there are people out there that have picked up a bad tip that restricts airflow?

anthonybessette,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Did you also get a new cap for it? Maybe it's to tight? Is it just a standard single spiral?

Bad Dog,
No, I used my same cap, hell I even loosened it up? I have an omni and I wasn't able to get any airflow even on the lowest setting with the new tip. Luckily dynavap said that they will replace it..

anthonybessette,

Bad Dog

Glad they sorted you out. While I can't say a regular titanium tip should be as good as your omni tip, it should have pretty good air flow. My titanium tip is more open than my 19 m

Bad Dog

Obviously I must have seen it in a review at some point and associated with the omni for some reason..... misfiled info , thanks for helping me sort out my filing cabinet

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Siebter

Socks And Sandals

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get the results the rest of us get. What sort of grind are you using and how do you pack your bowl? You want it full but loose, try sucking the herb into the bowl that should give you a lose bowl. 1 trick to try for better air flow is to replace the ccd with cheap convenience store pipe screens cut to size but don't be surprised when your avb isn't as dark. I thought I was getting good results before but with a looser pack and pipe screens and I've really uped my game. When I did torch I used a single flame and had really good results for fast extraction holding the torch slightly angled upward toward the tip aiming for the centre of the v, Spinning it as fast as I can almost to the point of feeling like a might drop it lol, usually a two hit and done. I'd be happy to make a video showing just how I hold the torch but it would have to wait till tomorrow when my new torches arrive.

Hey Bad Dog,

I've been stumped for months on this.. I kind of just accepted the fact I can't properly use this vape. I admit I feel like an idiot, this isn't rocket science I know. I know it's user error and I just can't figure it out. I posted in the Dynavap thread on it but I was distracted with my mighty at the time so I was too much into that to care at the moment. My EVO has been my daily driver since late 15 and I love it. What I'm getting out of the Dynavap doesn't compare in visible vapor not even close "for me" and I do on occasion get some decent sized hits. This usually takes place during the 3rd or 4th hit if it does at all. On a positive note though, I have never experienced the kind of flavor from those terps on the very first hit on the dynavap. Not even with my Evo. Maybe this has something do with the lack of water, not sure but the sheer flavor from that first hit is the one constant I do love about the Dynavap.:cool:

I use the medium grind from a SCS that I grind upright, not upside down. I always cover the carb of my Omni XL and suck the herb directly into the tip through my grinder. However after that, I gotta admit, I do pack it down as they say it's actually designed to draw air through those gaps in the tip that act sort of like teeth when loading from a dugout.

I was actually thinking about trying the Stainless steel tip and screens to see if that helps. I was especially thinking this would help with my BB9 water attachment since it seems like it doesn't stay hot by the time I finally place it in my rig, and find the carb hole and am actually hitting it. Either that or I'm just not heating it right. I thought about using some of my old metal pipe screens (remember the old school modular metal pipes we had in the 80's and 90's?) and since you mentioned it, I think I'll try it tonight. If the ABV doesn't get as dark, that's ok.. I used to own a plenty.. Im used to it! :cool: Better edibles right?

I mean when I see these guys like Sneaky Pete just milk his glass globes and bubblers up with ease, It actually angers me because I'm so frustrated. I'll admit I've been using the single flame mostly for the past 3 months and this week I started to mess around with the Z double flame one because I still have some butane with a tip that happens to fit it. I have experimented with all areas of the cap. They say the best way to do a quick session (on demand vape or not lol) is to start at the tip and move downward with every hit. That's great, it gets me about 10 whispy tasty hits but I'm looking to see full extraction and big clouds.. And what I'm getting isn't even comparable to what you guys get and I'll admit I'm extremely frustrated. I do usually heat around the V on the cap at an angle.. Believe me I've studied countless videos.. I just cant replicate any cloud production even close.

I originally got this vape because of the California fires we were having. I had to stay at a motel for 2 nights and if it wasn't for my Omni XL, it would have been 2 sleepless nights. With everything going on in the world right now, and considering the fact I wanted a sort of doomsday device, i went ahead and got one due to all the hype. I admit I should have just got the M, but does having a SS tip and screen really make a difference? I mean, I know everyone prefers TI because of it's quick heat up and cool down times but man.. If the SS tip and screen can retain heat enough to produce completely different results maybe I should try that?

I also wanted to say that although I've owned this since last Oct.. I don't use it every night.. more like every other night or when I wake up in the middle of the night, can't go back to sleep and simply don't feel like waiting for my Evo to heat up. I'll keep trying brother, but I tell ya, I'm looking at the $60 2020 M and I'm wondering if it will make a difference. If I can find those screens I'll try that tonight. I'll be honest, I feel like I need to physically have someone show me in person.. Yeah I'm that bad it..

Edit: I forgot to mention.. The Dynavap gets me high, everytime.. No complaints in that department! :D

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I thought omnis came with a double helix pattern? But I might be confused 🤷‍♀️
This is what I thought the Omni had
http://instagr.am/p/CCHfxlJnyC8/
FYI - '18-M :cheers: My fav hot bowl in an IH!

The Ti cap on the Omni is suppose to be the same as the Ti tip as parts.
They breathe reasonably well.
I know of a bore problem in a part purchase but it was an error.
The Ti Tip part should function with an Omni Stem part purchase.
This particular one didn't.

I have recently purchased a Ti tip and by all comparisons to '18, '19, and '20, it is a nice breathable draw; unremarkable.
That is what you should expect @anthonybessette .

Bad Dog

Hey Bad Dog,

I've been stumped for months on this.. I kind of just accepted the fact I can't properly use this vape. I admit I feel like an idiot, this isn't rocket science I know. I know it's user error and I just can't figure it out. I posted in the Dynavap thread on it but I was distracted with my mighty at the time so I was too much into that to care at the moment. My EVO has been my daily driver since late 15 and I love it. What I'm getting out of the Dynavap doesn't compare in visible vapor not even close "for me" and I do on occasion get some decent sized hits. This usually takes place during the 3rd or 4th hit if it does at all. On a positive note though, I have never experienced the kind of flavor from those terps on the very first hit on the dynavap. Not even with my Evo. Maybe this has something do with the lack of water, not sure but the sheer flavor from that first hit is the one constant I do love about the Dynavap.:cool:

I use the medium grind from a SCS that I grind upright, not upside down. I always cover the carb of my Omni XL and suck the herb directly into the tip through my grinder. However after that, I gotta admit, I do pack it down as they say it's actually designed to draw air through those gaps in the tip that act sort of like teeth when loading from a dugout.

I was actually thinking about trying the Stainless steel tip and screens to see if that helps. I was especially thinking this would help with my BB9 water attachment since it seems like it doesn't stay hot by the time I finally place it in my rig, and find the carb hole and am actually hitting it. Either that or I'm just not heating it right. I thought about using some of my old metal pipe screens (remember the old school modular metal pipes we had in the 80's and 90's?) and since you mentioned it, I think I'll try it tonight. If the ABV doesn't get as dark, that's ok.. I used to own a plenty.. Im used to it! :cool: Better edibles right?

I mean when I see these guys like Sneaky Pete just milk his glass globes and bubblers up with ease, It actually angers me because I'm so frustrated. I'll admit I've been using the single flame mostly for the past 3 months and this week I started to mess around with the Z double flame one because I still have some butane with a tip that happens to fit it. I have experimented with all areas of the cap. They say the best way to do a quick session (on demand vape or not lol) is to start at the tip and move downward with every hit. That's great, it gets me about 10 whispy tasty hits but I'm looking to see full extraction and big clouds.. And what I'm getting isn't even comparable to what you guys get and I'll admit I'm extremely frustrated. I do usually heat around the V on the cap at an angle.. Believe me I've studied countless videos.. I just cant replicate any cloud production even close.

I originally got this vape because of the California fires we were having. I had to stay at a motel for 2 nights and if it wasn't for my Omni XL, it would have been 2 sleepless nights. With everything going on in the world right now, and considering the fact I wanted a sort of doomsday device, i went ahead and got one due to all the hype. I admit I should have just got the M, but does having a SS tip and screen really make a difference? I mean, I know everyone prefers TI because of it's quick heat up and cool down times but man.. If the SS tip and screen can retain heat enough to produce completely different results maybe I should try that?

I also wanted to say that although I've owned this since last Oct.. I don't use it every night.. more like every other night or when I wake up in the middle of the night, can't go back to sleep and simply don't feel like waiting for my Evo to heat up. I'll keep trying brother, but I tell ya, I'm looking at the $60 2020 M and I'm wondering if it will make a difference. If I can find those screens I'll try that tonight. I'll be honest, I feel like I need to physically have someone show me in person.. Yeah I'm that bad it..

Edit: I forgot to mention.. The Dynavap gets me high, everytime.. No complaints in that department! :D
I can't speak to the 20 m but my titanium tip has at least 1.5 times better air flow than my 19. It sounds as if you're doing everything you can to get good performance. One quick question, when you do get it in the rig and cover the carb and draw are you hearing a hiss of air coming from the cap? You can test that cold and if not your either packed to tight or there is something wrong with your tip which isn't completely unheard of. Could be bad machining or bad metal, I'm not sure if it is pure titanium or if it's some sort alloy if it is perhaps the ratio is incorrect and it's not heating properly. Try replacing the ccd with the pipe screen and see if your getting a hiss, if not I'd contact Dynavap for a replacement. If you're not getting a hiss no matter how you pack try it empty, if still nothing there is definitely a problem, it should be fairly loud..... at least as far as hisses get.

Socks And Sandals

I can't speak to the 20 m but my titanium tip has at least 1.5 times better air flow than my 19. It sounds as if you're doing everything you can to get good performance. One quick question, when you do get it in the rig and cover the carb and draw are you hearing a hiss of air coming from the cap? You can test that cold and if not your either packed to tight or there is something wrong with your tip which isn't completely unheard of. Could be bad machining or bad metal, I'm not sure if it is pure titanium or if it's some sort alloy if it is perhaps the ratio is incorrect and it's not heating properly. Try replacing the ccd with the pipe screen and see if your getting a hiss, if not I'd contact Dynavap for a replacement. If you're not getting a hiss no matter how you pack try it empty, if still nothing there is definitely a problem, it should be fairly loud..... at least as far as hisses get.

Well from what I understand, it's all real titanium just as the Omni is made of all Titanium, including the mouthpiece, condenser, and even the stem.. the only thing that isn't of course is the cap which have always been made of stainless steal. Also, I used to think the tip in my Omni was somehow different than the normal TI tips too.. then I finally got around to looking their website over and found out that the only thing that really separates the Omni from the rest besides the price was the fact that it was all TI minus the cap and of course that adjustable airflow.

Yeah I think I remember a slight hiss, It was months ago since I even used the BB9, I'll try it soon again to confirm this. I keep entertaining the possibility of a defective tip or cap (I know that would make me feel better about myself lol) but I'm not sure. How many cases of defective caps have been reported? I guess I should still leave it open for possibility.. Funny thing is.. I did buy an extra cap.. a normal one when I purchased this... I guess I should try it out?

I lost my 2nd TI CCD leaving me with only one that I've been reusing. It's not to bent out of shape yet, but it does give me problems trying to get it into the 2nd and 3rd chamber positions. Good thing I've been using only the full chamber. Also I checked my stash and was unable to find any metal screens from my old metal pipes. I do have some extra screens from my mighty which I kept before returning it to PIU. Would those work? I'd think?

I wish I could borrow someones Induction heater.. that would solve this mystery of it being a defective cap or tip.. or user error. I'm still siding with my own user error on this.. at least mostly..

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

Bad Dog

I don't see any problem cannibalizing either of the mighty screens, the oven one is a little finer than the pipe screens I'm using and the one for the cooling unit a little bigger but both should work. I'm having a hard time believing its user error, your using a medium grind and packing loose, hearing the hiss and heating for maximum temperature, should be cloud city! Waiting till the 4th hit or longer for vapour is very puzzling, with my IH heating medium with the ccd I get 5 hits before the vapour gives out, 3-4 hits with the pipe screens. I'm somewhat at a loss to explain your results and I wish I could offer more tips that you haven't already researched ............ I just keep circling back to a bad tip. If the screen doesn't help I'd contact Dynavap and they will probably send you a new tip, their a great company and they want their customers to be happy, I'm sure they would do everything they can to make it right.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Siebter

Socks And Sandals

I don't see any problem cannibalizing either of the mighty screens, the oven one is a little finer than the pipe screens I'm using and the one for the cooling unit a little bigger but both should work. I'm having a hard time believing its user error, your using a medium grind and packing loose, hearing the hiss and heating for maximum temperature, should be cloud city! Waiting till the 4th hit or longer for vapour is very puzzling, with my IH heating medium with the ccd I get 5 hits before the vapour gives out, 3-4 hits with the pipe screens. I'm somewhat at a loss to explain your results and I wish I could offer more tips that you haven't already researched ............ I just keep circling back to a bad tip. If the screen doesn't help I'd contact Dynavap and they will probably send you a new tip, their a great company and they want their customers to be happy, I'm sure they would do everything they can to make it right.

I would like to hope it isn't user error as well. :) Like I said earlier, doing an induction heater method test would tell me if it's a problem with the tip/cap or my own fault. Maybe you're right, and thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.. maybe it is the tip or cap. I'll definitely cut out a hole in that screen and try it out tonight and let you know how it goes. I was reluctant to contact Dynavap because honestly I'm already at the point of just accepting it for what it is. I dunno, maybe I should shoot them an email.. It can't hurt.

I spilled some beer on my dyna stash the other night and nearly ran out of the lube that they give us to condition our wood and lubricate our O rings using it all up on this stash. For the price of another tip and/or cap.. and with the M being on sale for 60 right now, I'm weighing the pros and cons of just picking that up.. But I'll be honest, since this first experience left such a bad taste in my mouth, I'm not sure I want to invest again.. I need screens and lubricant, that's a given but to even spend the money on another tip or the 2020 M.. even at 60 bucks... after already feeling like I can't use this properly.. I'm not sure.

Socks And Sandals,

Bad Dog

I think if tell them about your frustration, how you sought out tips and videos trying to overcome it only to keep getting the same results for what did you say 8 months? You have certainly given it the old college try. My guess is that they will probably send you a new tip free of charge...... maybe you would just cover shipping, the omni isn't cheap to buy but is cheaper for them to make and sending out a tip to make a customer happy is cheaper than bad press. I'd send off a email...... it's free lol

Socks And Sandals

@Bad Dog thanks for all your help man. I emailed them. I would be surprised if they would give me something for free like another TI or SS tip to find out what is going on.

I put the mighty fine small screen in there. I notice it's producing slightly more vapor but still didn't quite solve the problem. I dunno man.. we'll see what happens. Do you think a SS TIp or trying out a 2020 M would help since the whole whole thing is SS? In otherwords.. do you think trying the SS tip or buying an M now for 60 bucks (considering that the whole thing is made of Stainless Steel) would help since it retains heat longer than the TI?

Socks And Sandals,

Bad Dog

@Socks And Sandals id probably wait until I heard back from Dynavap before making an new purchase. It's not that there is anything wrong with the ss other than I prefer the taste of the titanium, and granted the ss is supposed to retain heat slightly longer to me it's a pretty nominal difference. No sense spending good money on another vape when you're not 100% sure if it's you or the vape ( I'm still leaning toward a bad tip or cap ) while you're waiting to hear back. My only real concern about not receiving a replacement is only because of the time between now and the purchase but I still think that they will help you out, call me a hopeful fool lol but I do believe in their customer service. It makes sense that you did at least get slightly better results with the screen, I noticed bigger clouds that way but something is obviously still not right. I get pretty good clouds heating towards the centre and your struggling heating for maximum temp. That dog won't hunt! And there's got to be a reason why imo. I suppose I should have asked this before but how long does it take to heat your cap for max temp? I should have asked earlier, just tested mine and for max temp it took ruffly 18 seconds or at least a count of 18 but I spin like a mad fiend so my heat up is quite slow and I'm using a single flame 🔥

I can't believe the clouds you can get off these little pieces of titanium🙏 the terp tongue is incredible off these vapcaps..
Keep up the good fight. You'll get the hang of it.. maybe you haven't found the right model. My world opened up after I purchased an Omni xl..

hinglemccringleberry

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet (and it's very important).... Is your herb thoroughly dried out? For thick vapor, one of the requirements is that the bud has to be dry as it can get - crispy dry. When I use herb straight out of a jar that has a humidifier pack in it, the experience is a big letdown. The performance just isn't there.

Also heating past the click is an integral part of getting big performance out of a DV.

Try this- fill your DV with at least 0.05 worth of finely ground herb that has been thoroughly (and I mean thoroughly) dried out. Always heat a few seconds past the click (this will vary based on your lighter/IH type). Take your hits in quick succession using the mouth pull / lung pull method that everyone here talks about. If you do all of these things, there is no reason to not get big satisfying hits.

I can get hits that are too big... The kind that make you cough up a lung and regret taking a hit that big. If I can do it, so can you. I've also experienced the letdown of light whispy hits. Whenever that happens, it's either because I'm not heating past the click enough, or my herb isn't dried out enough, or I'm using whole nugs.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Since it hasn't been mentioned yet (and it's very important).... Is your herb thoroughly dried out? For thick vapor, one of the requirements is that the bud has to be dry as it can get - crispy dry. When I use herb straight out of a jar that has a humidifier pack in it, the experience is a big letdown. The performance just isn't there.

Also heating past the click is an integral part of getting big performance out of a DV.

Try this- fill your DV with at least 0.05 worth of finely ground herb that has been thoroughly (and I mean thoroughly) dried out. Always heat a few seconds past the click (this will vary based on your lighter/IH type). Take your hits in quick succession using the mouth pull / lung pull method that everyone here talks about. If you do all of these things, there is no reason to not get big satisfying hits.

I can get hits that are too big... The kind that make you cough up a lung and regret taking a hit that big. If I can do it, so can you. I've also experienced the letdown of light whispy hits. Whenever that happens, it's either because I'm not heating past the click enough, or my herb isn't dried out enough, or I'm using whole nugs.

Speaking of DRYING herb. I keep main supplies in C-Vaults, 62% Bovida packs for longer term storage. Then I take out the amount I’m going to let dry more for vaping, usually just enough to fill two small Jaryz containers. Winter time, 12-24 hours in open glass jar, room temperature, works fine.

PROBLEM IS:

SUMMERTIME, humidity levels can get up to 60% indoors, so it’s not much drier then my storage humidity. I’ve read that trying to dry it out even at low OVEN temperature, short duration, can degrade the herb.

Anyone have any NON-destructive TIPS, for drying in a high humidity environment?

*Also makes grinding much easier when herb is drier. Thanks.

Bad Dog

Anyone have any NON-destructive TIPS, for drying in a high humidity environment?

One trick I remember hearing for drying garden herbs is too use two cellulose furnace air filters and sandwiching the herb between them then bungee cording them to ideally to a box fan set to high until dry. Might not be the best solution for small amounts of bud though and I've never done it myself

Bad Dog,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
62% Boveda packs & straight out of the jar & Brilliant Cut Grinder medium plate = thick vapor for me, I don't think the humidity is the culprit here.

I’ve always found drier herb to grind easier, but that aside, 62% would certainly not be considered dry, and if you enjoy it that way, GREAT! Practically every thing I’ve ever read on this subject suggests a “drier” herb for use in vaporizers. I’m not going to list all the reasons, I’m sure you know already. Vaping when just taken out of 62% storage was not as good, to me, as when it’s drier, but not super dry.

Though, in a post above it’s suggested “crispy dry”, and I’d again say if that’s a personal preference, GREAT! But, I believe the “mainstream” advice is not quite that dry.

A few times, mostly in drier winter months, if after grinding, I felt the herb a bit too moist, I’d follow the advice of the VapeCritic, spreading out the grinded herb on a piece of paper for 15-30 minutes. But obviously as I wrote above, it’s SUMMERTIME, and the humidity is 45-60%, so that what I’m working against.

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom