• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape legacy

floribud

Hi, I want to say I'm pretty satisfied with my Legacy despite I need to apply some pressure on the top lid to avoid air leaks, too bad they didn't mentionned a redesigned silicon gasket to get rid of that leaks!
I just noticed the problem with air coming in through the top unless I apply pressure. It still works without the pressure but there's more fresh air and less flavor. Pressing down in the front right corner(front-right while inhaling) really changes the experience. Not sure how long this has been happening, but it's a bummer.

hi_there

I just noticed the problem with air coming in through the top unless I apply pressure. It still works without the pressure but there's more fresh air and less flavor. Pressing down in the front right corner(front-right while inhaling) really changes the experience. Not sure how long this has been happening, but it's a bummer.
A real high quality device...

Toivarita

999 Forever
I had this exact problem. I contacted the customer service about it. They asked if I dropped it or if I tried to force the lid closed with the micro basket. I said no and they had me send it to them for repair.

Toivarita,

ginolicious

Sounds like the issues we had with the Haze Square. Extra or coming in will totally affect your temperature and the air to vapor ratio creating sub par hits.

ginolicious,
Reactions: VaporBull

Homer

I forgot to mention something about the Legacy the other day. The first few times I used it I found those thin strips of plastic on the wireless charging surface really annoying. So I took a pair of tweezers, gripped the end of each one and slowly, carefully pulled them off. There was no damage to the fabric (just do it slowly!) Once you know you can charge wirelessly there’s no reason they have to be there. For me it made a huge difference in how the vape feels in my hand. After a few weeks of use, with the gold adaptor screen in the bowl and a standard size silver screen covering the diffuser disc, I’m very happy with the Legacy. There’s no vape I’ve ever seen that’s as fast to heat up and easy to use and keep clean. Great battery life too.

mulciber

I forgot to mention something about the Legacy the other day. The first few times I used it I found those thin strips of plastic on the wireless charging surface really annoying. So I took a pair of tweezers, gripped the end of each one and slowly, carefully pulled them off. There was no damage to the fabric (just do it slowly!) Once you know you can charge wirelessly there’s no reason they have to be there.

Thanks for this great tip! They were annoying, and now they're gone without a trace.

Breaking Bud

Couldn't agree more. I just sent them a polite note letting them know that. Just ridiculous to charge anything to anybody who pre-ordered due to design flaws on their end. I get that they're not a big business and don't want to absorb any losses but they'd be smart to remember the angst they caused many people due to poor communication regarding their production delays. On a customer service level I've found that they do aim to please but they are hampered by a "penny-wise pound-foolish mentality." That's an old school adage for short term versus long term thinking (customer retention in this case) , for those who don't know the proverb.
Update:
They responded by offering a replacement pending their investigation instead of just sending me the screen and basket for free, as I requested. I also asked them for a shipping label and they didn't address it. So I get the privilege of returning their design flawed vape at my expense to possibly get an improved new one. I read and somewhat agree with what Mulciber said above (some valid points) but AirVape just comes off as so petty. Of course I can pay for the shipping and it won't hurt me but it's just the principle of it that bothers me. I run a service business and I value the importance of making a customer feel good. Airvape CS does try to do that but they just don't completely get it. It may bite them in the long run but I don't wish that on them. If they don't send me a new one with no strings attached there will be hell to pay for them though :).

mulciber

I run a service business and I value the importance of making a customer feel good. Airvape CS does try to do that but they just don't completely get it. It may bite them in the long run but I don't wish that on them.

Well said. I spend much of my life in a place where the culture of service is at the apex of virtue, and most businesses in the West don't get it at all. I applaud you and all who recognize the meaning of the customer/business relationship. It really is paramount, and Airvape, though pretty earnest, can always do better.

junny89

How did you know air was coming in? Is there a way to test it’s air tight.

junny89,

hi_there

Yep, bottom right hand corner is letting air in. That is probably why I am having trouble with it. I wish I did not buy a beta product.

hi_there,

hi_there

Contact customer service about the problem
I live in Canada and I hear you gotta send it back at your own expense, don't want to invest another $30 in this thing. Will just try squeezing when using but I will never buy another product from this company again.

hi_there,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I live in Canada and I hear you gotta send it back at your own expense, don't want to invest another $30 in this thing. Will just try squeezing when using but I will never buy another product from this company again.
I needed to send it back at my cost as well. It was $15 with $250 worth of insurance from New York. After the had received it, it took them two business days to send it back.

Toivarita,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

bulllee

Agent Provocateur

THANK YOU.​

For your Legacy purchase & for supporting us.

We appreciate your recent Legacy order and all the feedback that we received. We absolutely understand the importance of flexibility in terms of functions. We use your valuable feedback to upgrade and improve Legacy to cover the widest spectrum of preferences.
We took all your reviews and transformed them into a simple, but elegant upgrade. We made the Legacy practical and accessible to vapers that prefer higher temperature settings.
We implemented a removable heating-chamber component which ensures a more balanced heat distribution and further reduces the chances of harsh flavor. Now, the latest addition to the Legacy kit serves to increase usability for an even larger percentage of vapers.
Along with the improvement of the heating chamber we've also re-designed the Golden Micro-dosing basket to make it more sleek and efficient.
Since you are an existing Airvape Legacy owner, you are eligible to get both accessories for FREE!

ENJOY

100% OFF​

Use code FREEUPGRADE at checkout
We listened, learned and improved.
We hope you will enjoy your Legacy even more.

Sincerely,

Your Airvape team

You still need to pay $5.97 for shipping and handling.

Toivarita

999 Forever
I received my replacement unit in the mail just now. Seems like I was sent an entirely new unit! That means I get another store tool, mouthpiece, gasket, and battery free because they had me remove them for shipping.
First impressions taking the unit out of the box..... the air leak is not fixed.
Do I need to say more?
I’m baffled and I don’t feel like there is a point to posting how the unit performs with he new basket and screens. Who cares what minor changes were made when there’s an air leak after the heating element.
As far as I can see, they forgot to include the new gold screens that I paid for.
I’ve really tried to like these guys, but I think this is the last straw. I just hope the performance pays off.

Last edited:

Breaking Bud

I received my replacement unit in the mail just now. Seems like I was sent an entirely new unit! That means I get another store tool, mouthpiece, gasket, and battery free because they had me remove them for shipping.
First impressions taking the unit out of the box..... the air leak is not fixed.
Do I need to say more?
I’m baffled and I don’t feel like there is a point to posting how the unit performs with he new basket and screens. Who cares what minor changes were made when there’s an air leak after the heating element.
As far as I can see, they forgot to include the new gold screens that I paid for.
I’ve really tried to like these guys, but I think this is the last straw. I just hope the performance pays off.
Sorry man. That's disappointing. Seems like we're on a parallel course with AirVape.

On a different note, I just checked out their video touting how they've listened and made changes and now the parts are free. It was fine until they make written mention that there's still a cost for shipping. No different than the free offers we see everyday that aren't free because of some additional charge, be it s&h, service, convenience or otherwise. It's all bullshit.

A relatively small company like AirVape should simply explain that they would take a big financial hit if they didn't charge s&h for the design flaw fixes (ok, they don't have to mention the flaws) and the costs involved with finding the fix and manufacturing the parts. Then they could thanks us for our understanding and we'd all be fine with that. It seems so simple to me that they'd make more people happy if they could just be straight up. I know I'm not the only one who feels perturbed by the way they choose to handle things.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I have had much more success in improved airflow by substituting the tiny gold perforated screen with a small ball of steel wool. I havefound the holes in the gold perforated plate fill up with resin on the inner surface very quickly whereas the steel wool allows for smother draw for longer time. When the gold perforated plate is pugged, it appears the path of least resistance is to bypass the rubber grommet which maintains the airpath integrity. Pressing on the right distal corner is an excellent technique.

Regarding the wireless charge, it appears to still work, but is a bit less sensitive. They were willing to take a pre-paid RMA to have a look, but it simply does not pay. This is a very minor inconvenience.

Last edited:

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
SS from a concentrate pad. If that is not safe, stop vaping concentrate in your portable!

Kimosabe,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom