AirVape legacy

Toivarita

999 Forever
So, my Legacy no longer provides an airtight seal from the lid and gasket by just resting closed. When inhaling though the mouthpiece and covering up the intake at the bottom of the device, there is an air lead/it is not air-tight, this is when the device’s lid is resting closed. When I put pressure on the lid where the gasket is, with enough force I can get an airtight seal. Ive never dropped or damaged the device and there’s no damage to the gasket. Any advice on how to resolve this or is there anyone else who also has this problem?

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So, my Legacy no longer provides an airtight seal from the lid and gasket by just resting closed. When inhaling though the mouthpiece and covering up the intake at the bottom of the device, there is an air lead/it is not air-tight, this is when the device’s lid is resting closed. When I put pressure on the lid where the gasket is, with enough force I can get an airtight seal. Ive never dropped or damaged the device and there’s no damage to the gasket. Any advice on how to resolve this or is there anyone else who also has this problem?
That's the main issue with this vape imo, if you find a stem which fits the bowl you'll be impressed by performances when there is no air leaks, sadly, even using pressure to improve the seal it is not perfect. I suggested them to re-design the silicone gasket, slightly thicker is better I think. We have now to wait and see if Airvape will improve it, I t(hink they are already working on that issue (and the micro-dosing basket). With some resinous flowers the Legacy is awesome when you can manage to keep everything as much airtight as possible!

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
When that happens to me, it's usually because it's dirty. I found you have to keep your Legacy very clean for optimal usage, especially the silicone gasket, and little screen, and the weed magnet ! :lol:

Toivarita

999 Forever
That's the main issue with this vape imo, if you find a stem which fits the bowl you'll be impressed by performances when there is no air leaks, sadly, even using pressure to improve the seal it is not perfect. I suggested them to re-design the silicone gasket, slightly thicker is better I think. We have now to wait and see if Airvape will improve it, I t(hink they are already working on that issue (and the micro-dosing basket). With some resinous flowers the Legacy is awesome when you can manage to keep everything as much airtight as possible!
I’m going to guess you meant screen and not stem. Even if you did mean stem though, is this for better air diffusion? I’ve tinkered around with that and got good results with a screen. I can get a fully sealed air path with some pressure on the lid.

When that happens to me, it's usually because it's dirty. I found you have to keep your Legacy very clean for optimal usage, especially the silicone gasket, and little screen, and the weed magnet ! :lol:
I tried cleaning it as well but to no luck. Still the same amount of air leak without pressure on the lid. Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

Toivarita

999 Forever
@mulciber
I really enjoy the legacy, especially the engineering and quality it seems to have. recently I have noticed that I am not getting an airtight seal from my lid plate and gasket on the lid plate. I have found that if our pressure on the bottom, hinge side of the lid, I get an air tight seal. My fingers don’t need to provide a lot of pressure and it’s not uncomfortable to hold that way. I just provide a little bit of pressure to shift the lid a bit and onto the gasket. Other than that, it’s a great vape besides very crucial need to stir with the session. I’ve contacted CS to see if there’s something to do about the lid misalignment.

A way to know if you’re device is airtight without needing any pressure on the lid is to cover up the gold intake grill on the bottom of your device and try to inhale. You shouldn’t be able to inhale and you’ll end up creating a little bit of suction if it’s a good seal.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I’m going to guess you meant screen and not stem. Even if you did mean stem though, is this for better air diffusion? I’ve tinkered around with that and got good results with a screen. I can get a fully sealed air path with some pressure on the lid.
No, no I meant a stem, for another vape, that's was only to check the full power performances of the heater (without air leaks) and this is was the reason why I have big hopes, with a loaded stem, you open the lid, power the unit on (192°C), stuck the stem in the bowl... you will be amazed by vapor production. I can get some good hits with the unit used like it's designed but not like with my stem test! I like this vape, it just need some little improvements I expect Airvape will do.

Toivarita

999 Forever
No, no I meant a stem, for another vape, that's was only to check the full power performances of the heater (without air leaks) and this is was the reason why I have big hopes, with a loaded stem, you open the lid, power the unit on (192°C), stuck the stem in the bowl... you will be amazed by vapor production. I can get some good hits with the unit used like it's designed but not like with my stem test! I like this vape, it just need some little improvements I expect Airvape will do.
@PPN
Could go more into detail on the stem test? Are you using an Arizer stem inside the Legacy oven?
If you are then I’d love to try that, I have an Arizer Air and lots of different stems coming the mail today

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
After contacting Airvape CS about my issue. I received the quickest customer service response I have ever received from a company. I was able to communicate through email about my issue and they got back to me the next day and that day I was able to get same day responses from them multiple times. They never asked for information that I had already provided in the email (I hate when CS makes you repeat yourself) and after sending a video of the problem, they got back to me about sending the unit to them for it to be fixed. Fantastic! They also said the new micro basket will be included. BTW, they asked me if I had ever tried to force the door closed on my micro basket, so that leads me to believe that that can cause air seal problems.

Homer

Newbie here. Been vaping for 5 years, after a very long hiatus. (My last joint was decades ago.) I’m posting here b/c, while I have several other portable vapes (IQ and firefly2 are my faves) I recently got the Legacy when I saw the lucky $100 off pop up on my screen! This thread has been very helpful in working out the necessary jerryrigs to get it to work without charring. Thank you early adaptors for posting your ideas. Airvape is now selling a little gold screen you push down into the bowl (you get two for 5 bucks, not bad) and it works pretty well. While I probably wouldn’t have paid the full price, I’m very happy with it so far. I’m not crazy about the charring, the amount of plastic in the unit, or the weight and size, but the performance is quite good, and the hinged cover, convenient stirring tool and long battery life make it so easy to use. The vapor quality and taste is not up to the level of the Firefly but is pretty close. And I still think the IQ is the classiest portable vape (with removable battery) my only complaint with Davinci being the inability to change the auto shutoff time. Bottom line, the Legacy’s convection system is a huge plus, and though I still love my IQ, I find myself using the Legacy more than my other vapes b/c it’s so fast and easy to fire it up, and you don’t need to fill up the bowl, a small amt works fine.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Newbie here. Been vaping for 5 years, after a very long hiatus. (My last joint was decades ago.) I’m posting here b/c, while I have several other portable vapes (IQ and firefly2 are my faves) I recently got the Legacy when I saw the lucky $100 off pop up on my screen! This thread has been very helpful in working out the necessary jerryrigs to get it to work without charring. Thank you early adaptors for posting your ideas. Airvape is now selling a little gold screen you push down into the bowl (you get two for 5 bucks, not bad) and it works pretty well. While I probably wouldn’t have paid the full price, I’m very happy with it so far. I’m not crazy about the charring, the amount of plastic in the unit, or the weight and size, but the performance is quite good, and the hinged cover, convenient stirring tool and long battery life make it so easy to use. The vapor quality and taste is not up to the level of the Firefly but is pretty close. And I still think the IQ is the classiest portable vape (with removable battery) my only complaint with Davinci being the inability to change the auto shutoff time. Bottom line, the Legacy’s convection system is a huge plus, and though I still love my IQ, I find myself using the Legacy more than my other vapes b/c it’s so fast and easy to fire it up, and you don’t need to fill up the bowl, a small amt works fine.
Thanks for all the info. Where do you see gold screens for the legacy bowl?
Never mind. Found it, it’s at the bottom of the accessories and parts list.

junny89

Does anyone know if they’re sending the revised basket out to replace the non working ones we got with the pre-orders?

You have to pay for it. Or the shipping or something like that. If you order something they will put it in the box for free. Kinda sucks as I got nothing to get from the site and I’m in the UK!
Thinking May grab a OM as they just released a new one and just seen the nee gold screens. May grab them too.

floribud

You have to pay for it. Or the shipping or something like that. If you order something they will put it in the box for free. Kinda sucks as I got nothing to get from the site and I’m in the UK!
Thinking May grab a OM as they just released a new one and just seen the nee gold screens. May grab them too.
I just asked if they'll include it if I get the WPA... report back as soon as I here...

hi_there

Why am I unsurprised. The basket they sent with the preorders was worse than useless. They really should just send replacements to everyone who preordered. We did pay for it after all.
I am shocked and upset that they are not sending these out for free. Further to that even if I am ok paying the $6 for the two screens they want me to pay over $13 shipping. I just find it very unpalatable that you support a company by purchasing early and waiting for the product only to get one that is unfinished/incomplete and then they don't send you the upgrades for free. I have bragged about their products to dozens of people over the years but I guess all good things come to an end.

Toivarita

999 Forever
I am shocked and upset that they are not sending these out for free. Further to that even if I am ok paying the $6 for the two screens they want me to pay over $13 shipping. I just find it very unpalatable that you support a company by purchasing early and waiting for the product only to get one that is unfinished/incomplete and then they don't send you the upgrades for free. I have bragged about their products to dozens of people over the years but I guess all good things come to an end.
If you ever have a problem with your unit and send it in for a warranty replacement, I’m sure they will add in the dosing basket and have you only pay $5 and no shipping for the screen and throw them in with your replacement unit.

jbm

If you ever have a problem with your unit and send it in for a warranty replacement, I’m sure they will add in the dosing basket and have you only pay $5 and no shipping for the screen and throw them in with your replacement unit.
Oh, come on. How about they fix their mistake and spend the buck or so it’ll cost them to send the thing out. The “micro-dosing basket” was one of their selling points for this device and they sent out an untested piece of junk that didn’t even fit the oven. I already paid them for this “feature.” The suggestion that I should give them more business (or, worse yet, concoct a reason for a warranty replacement) and pay for shipping for an item I was supposed to get in the first place is ridiculous. We gave them money for a pre order whose launch they managed badly. No wonder so many vape companies go under.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Oh, come on. How about they fix their mistake and spend the buck or so it’ll cost them to send the thing out. The “micro-dosing basket” was one of their selling points for this device and they sent out an untested piece of junk that didn’t even fit the oven. I already paid them for this “feature.” The suggestion that I should give them more business (or, worse yet, concoct a reason for a warranty replacement) and pay for shipping for an item I was supposed to get in the first place is ridiculous. We gave them money for a pre order whose launch they managed badly. No wonder so many vape companies go under.
Gosh you must’ve been waiting for that.
I was just telling him about what happened to me.

jbm

Gosh you must’ve been waiting for that.
I was just telling him about what happened to me.
No, I wasn’t waiting for it, but what if he doesn’t need a warranty replacement? Does that mean he never gets a replacement basket? There is no reason that any of the preorders should have to buy anything else or send in our units for ”warranty service” in order to get this item. None.

Toivarita

999 Forever
That seems to be the situation. Seems like it’s similar to when older units had concentrate capabilities in their dry herb units but found out that it was almost useless. The dosing basket really does seem like the cherry on top of their flaws in preorder units. I went back in my emails to when I asked about true microdosing basket and asked about them shipping the out for those who had baskets that didn’t function well. When I looked at the response I saw that they kind dodged the part about shipping them out, and I didn’t pay attention to it.
The worst part about this, is it seems like the basket could even damage the Legacy’s air seal. One of the questions I was asked in the warranty process was “did you try to force the door closed with the microdosing basket I the device?”
The device seems to work even when only a little bit is put in it’s chamber, so it was not good of them to include a dosing basket that didn’t work and could possibly damage the device.

mulciber

For those inquiring about the new micro-doser and chamber insert, they're sending it for free if you purchase another accessory item at 50% off. However, their promo code isn't working for me. I've sent them a not on it. It seems to be an issue between them and their fulfillment service, as far as I can tell.

hi_there

if you purchase another accessory item at 50% off
That is pretty shady, so we messed up and because you pre-ordered and supported a new product of ours then screw you. On principal I won't order anything else from them. There are a lot of vape companies out there and I was happy so support them because I liked the way they did business (solid vapes at fair prices) but this whole episode really makes me feel like I was not treated fairly.

The suggestion that I should give them more business (or, worse yet, concoct a reason for a warranty replacement) and pay for shipping for an item I was supposed to get in the first place is ridiculous. We gave them money for a pre order whose launch they managed badly. No wonder so many vape companies go under.

Yep, not only vape companies but other companies do such dumb stuff that send their businesses into free-fall.

Top Bottom