• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape legacy

DryBonesufo

I wonder, what made you get the Airvape Legacy for full price verses other $200+ vaporizers? Such as a TinyMight, Airiser, Firefly 2, Mighty, Pax3. Just trying to get your point of view. I do love my legacy though.
Too be quite frank. I am looking for a device that is easy to take a long. Convection heating and discreetness. Looking at the limited YouTube reviews, looks like the mouth piece is easily removable making the unit look more and more like a power bank especially when turned around. Quick heat up time and I’ve read that it is similar to the FF in terms of usage. Has both on demand and session mode. Tiny might, as good as it sounds and the reviewers all say it’s amazing, I don’t think it would go far for me living in Chicago.

A collector! Nice! Well that answers it. I would definitely say that the Legacy, and also a dynavap with induction heater, are needed in the lineup.
Do you have the Legacy?

DryBonesufo,
Reactions: Toivarita

Toivarita

999 Forever
Do you have the Legacy?
Yes, I do have the Legacy. I preordered for $99 and I’m loving it. I just needed to put a screen at the bottom part of the bowl.
I have The legacy, 2019 and 2020 dynavap M, Davinci Miqro, Starry, and Airiser Xtreme

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
How is it? Able to explain a little bit more of how the unit works? What is your preferred temperature?
Sure. It feels very Luxurious, a solid build quality and you can tell a lot of engineering went into this unit. The vapor quality is great as well.
I forgot to mention that my girlfriend had the “first generation Airvape” the Airvape XS. The XS and X are high quality, extremely thin and sleek hybrid vaporizers so I knew the Legacy would be a good purchase. I’m going to find and repost things I have said before on this forum to save time

Before putting the screen at the bottom of the bowl, it was easy to inhale too hard and cause uneven heating and charring of the herb, even at a very low 330F. I am currently using a screen over the concave bottom of the bowl and I would recommend it. I’ve turned my temp up to 360F and have smoother hits than no screen at 345F. I do not have a screen at the top of the bowl where the diffusion disk is.
At the end of my 5 minute session, stirring was much less needed besides the little bits of herb that stick to the top disk.
I highly recommend buying and cutting (if needed) a screen to put at the bottom of the chamber. Makes it much less finicky. No charring after 15 minutes at 360F. This vape just justified it’s worth of $250.

I have a few 18650 batteries so I swap and externally charge the Legacy battery and from doing this the first time, like other people, I damaged the plastic cover of the battery. I had this happen my first time removing and replacing but it’s easy to not damage when you figure it out. Hold the battery above the compartment, then (without the battery being slanted) gently put the battery halfway in and push down on the bottom contact button, then the battery should slide right in.

I posted this when I first received the Legacy, before I learned to use the screen.

Hey Everybody, I’ve been following this forum for a while, ever since I found the discount code for the performer for $100 I’ve been closely following it. I ordered the legacy because I have great experience with my girlfriend’s Airvape XS so I was thrilled with the $100 preordered legacy. I’ve received my Legacy a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! Great vapor, feels luxurious, I can take the battery out without removing the air path, and cleaning isn’t bad as long as you do minor stuff every half dozen bowls. I use it only in session mode, 5mins at 360F max. I do not use the micro-dose basket.
It’s my first full convection vape and I love how it’s a change for me. (I have the Starry, Miqro, Dynavap) but I can’t get it to vape evenly in the oven. I saw that some of ya’ll are getting good even vaping, Any tips for me?
I get great vapor but the bottom and middle get more toasted that the sides and top. I think this vape is full convention because the walls don’t vaporize the herb as much as the bottom and middle and I’ve seen people think it’s hybrid, I just disagree I guess.
I just need some tips on getting it to vape evenly. I have to stir after 5 mins. (we know that gets messy with this oven) and then get another 5 min session. Thanks for the help, let me know if you have any questions.

DryBonesufo

I posted this when I first received the Legacy, before I learned to use the screen.

Hey Everybody, I’ve been following this forum for a while, ever since I found the discount code for the performer for $100 I’ve been closely following it. I ordered the legacy because I have great experience with my girlfriend’s Airvape XS so I was thrilled with the $100 preordered legacy. I’ve received my Legacy a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! Great vapor, feels luxurious, I can take the battery out without removing the air path, and cleaning isn’t bad as long as you do minor stuff every half dozen bowls. I use it only in session mode, 5mins at 360F max. I do not use the micro-dose basket.
It’s my first full convection vape and I love how it’s a change for me. (I have the Starry, Miqro, Dynavap) but I can’t get it to vape evenly in the oven. I saw that some of ya’ll are getting good even vaping, Any tips for me?
I get great vapor but the bottom and middle get more toasted that the sides and top. I think this vape is full convention because the walls don’t vaporize the herb as much as the bottom and middle and I’ve seen people think it’s hybrid, I just disagree I guess.
I just need some tips on getting it to vape evenly. I have to stir after 5 mins. (we know that gets messy with this oven) and then get another 5 min session. Thanks for the help, let me know if you have any questions.
I’m def a stickler for vaping the units “as intended”, lol so I will try to use it with no screen and based on my tech on FF2+ maybe I can ya the same tech. One can only speculate, hopefully USPS follows through or maybe even earlier!

DryBonesufo,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I’m def a stickler for vaping the units “as intended”, lol so I will try to use it with no screen and based on my tech on FF2+ maybe I can ya the same tech. One can only speculate, hopefully USPS follows through or maybe even earlier!
Ok, your choice. But go back a few pages and look at how many other users are using the screen and see a big improvement in the ease to get bigger vapor production and even heating in the oven.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I'm really liking my Legacy. I like using no screens, you just need to watch your draw. Out of my current convection Vapes, I would say the G-43 is #1, followed by Legacy. I had a Ghost, JAJAJA. I get very tasty results stirring between draws, great extraction and no worries on uneven vaping. I paid $100 and I'm happy as shit ! I'm only using the on demand and it's a great vape ! :tup:

Toivarita

999 Forever
I'm really liking my Legacy. I like using no screens, you just need to watch your draw. Out of my current convection Vapes, I would say the G-43 is #1, followed by Legacy. I had a Ghost, JAJAJA. I get very tasty results stirring between draws, great extraction and no worries on uneven vaping. I paid $100 and I'm happy as shit ! I'm only using the on demand and it's a great vape ! :tup:
Wow, that’s cool! You may have a better calibrated vape than some of us. Out of curiosity to see the effects, Have you tried a screen over the concave bottom part of the bowl? Just wondering because it seems to dissipate the heat better from the air hole at the bottom. It seemed that the center of my bowl, the same size of the air hole in the gold chamber, was getting cooked more than the walls and top. So the little screen I put in holds the herb just above the bottom air hole.

cosimo

Hmmmm... would you say the Legacy matches Ghost's flavor?

cosimo,
Reactions: bulllee

mc

I don't use any added screen and my device works great. It's discreet like you want and powerful. The battery lasts forever. These 2 things make it more vacation ready than the Tinymite. However at night, when I want some real power time, I pull out the Tinymight with WPA and water bong. It's the ultimate beast.

Between these 2 units, I need nothing else.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Wow, that’s cool! You may have a better calibrated vape than some of us. Out of curiosity to see the effects, Have you tried a screen over the concave bottom part of the bowl? Just wondering because it seems to dissipate the heat better from the air hole at the bottom. It seemed that the center of my bowl, the same size of the air hole in the gold chamber, was getting cooked more than the walls and top. So the little screen I put in holds the herb just above the bottom air hole.
e
Oh yeah, I've been following this thread for awhile :D . I found the screen worked but I then had to crank the temp up. Your right it doesn't burn even, that's why I stir between rips. I get better flavor and even extraction.
Hmmmm... would you say the Legacy matches Ghost's flavor?
OMG I was so frustrated dealing with Ghost. That being said, when the Ghost worked the vapor was killer. I would say if Ghost was consistent and had heat sinks that worked it would be my #2. But they don't and they sucked. :rofl:

DryBonesufo

Anyone had their Legacy processed through the NJ distribution center? Supposed to go to Chicago I don’t know why it went from west to east just to go to Midwest

DryBonesufo,

Toivarita

999 Forever
How’s everybody’s hemp fabric holding up? I have a tiny bit of fraying at the bottom of the hinges face plate from going in and out of my pocket without a case. Anybody else see any wear and tear on their Legacy?

Toivarita,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A friend got one of these and i tried it almost out of the box. Two nice hits at 180 and then straight to combustion.... This was highly unexpected,it has temp control ,but acts as a unregulated ? WTF... Is the calibration wrong or the temp control is a joke ?Is there any temp recommended where combustion is impossible,lol ?

Toivarita

999 Forever
put a
A friend got one of these and i tried it almost out of the box. Two nice hits at 180 and then straight to combustion.... This was highly unexpected,it has temp control ,but acts as a unregulated ? WTF... Is the calibration wrong or the temp control is a joke ?Is there any temp recommended where combustion is impossible,lol ?
Put a screen at the bottom of the oven.

DryBonesufo

180 f??

DryBonesufo,

Toivarita

999 Forever
So are u suggesting that it was herb bits that fell on the heater and started the combustion ? Will try that thanks.
No, it is to lift the herb off of the bottom of the oven to provide better air diffusion. The bottom of the oven is concave, put a screen to hold the herb above the concave part of the oven. Your draw strength will also influence hot much the herb is heating up. I use at 340F-370F

Okla68

Id bet they meant 180°C(356°F) !
As Toivarita said....its ALL IN THE DRAW, altered by the Moisture content and bowl packing !
IMO, this is NOT a Newbie Vape...it has a Definite Learning Curve. Once you have established a technique, its a Beast !!!
The Addition of a Screen in the bottom of the Bowl, Reduces the amount of Draw control needed without Combusting a load. I Prefer No Screen, but, the addition of that screen also Reduces Cleanup as the spent load seems to just Fallout as opposed to Sticking to the bowl !
Its a Very Versatile unit....from Whispy Flavor chasing hits, to Edge of Combustion Room Fogging hits. My Favorite so far are Flower/Diamond/Live Resin Sandwiches ! I Prefer Sandwiches to using the Concentrate Pad Alone.
Remember to crank the temp up to Max 464°F when using the Pad to Reduce the amount of Reclaim created, Along with Not Overloading it ! Running 360°F with a Sandwich load seems to work well. My Normal Session temp is 340°F/10 minutes, light Stir and another 7-10 minutes to fully cash the load.
Contrary to what one might think, Ive found Session mode works Best to Reduce potential Combustion as compared to On Demand mode. Seems to Run Cooler as per set Temp.

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

Id bet they meant 180°C(356°F) !
As Toivarita said....its ALL IN THE DRAW, altered by the Moisture content and bowl packing !
IMO, this is NOT a Newbie Vape...it has a Definite Learning Curve. Once you have established a technique, its a Beast !!!
The Addition of a Screen in the bottom of the Bowl, Reduces the amount of Draw control needed without Combusting a load. I Prefer No Screen, but, the addition of that screen also Reduces Cleanup as the spent load seems to just Fallout as opposed to Sticking to the bowl !
Its a Very Versatile unit....from Whispy Flavor chasing hits, to Edge of Combustion Room Fogging hits. My Favorite so far are Flower/Diamond/Live Resin Sandwiches ! I Prefer Sandwiches to using the Concentrate Pad Alone.
Remember to crank the temp up to Max 464°F when using the Pad to Reduce the amount of Reclaim created, Along with Not Overloading it ! Running 360°F with a Sandwich load seems to work well. My Normal Session temp is 340°F/10 minutes, light Stir and another 7-10 minutes to fully cash the load.
Contrary to what one might think, Ive found Session mode works Best to Reduce potential Combustion as compared to On Demand mode. Seems to Run Cooler as per set Temp.
USPS says delivery for today. Hoping it comes today. Will post my thoughts once received. Is the Legacy fully charged in the package?

DryBonesufo,

DryBonesufo

Just got my Legacy! I noticed on this thread that your stitches are brown... mine is black..

DryBonesufo,

DryBonesufo

So this unit is a beast. The learning curve is strong with this one.
The heater is absurdly strong and with the combination of the gold chamber you can combust at 350f.
Now, I am able to vape this unit on 393 comfortably because of my draw speed and technique. I use NO screen, I get flavor and potency.
ANY Firefly user will be able to get used to this vape faster than most.
Because the heating is too strong, you would want a slow steady inhale. I believe that this unit is full convection, I say that because I have left my unit on session with no smell of vaping nor any vapor being produced. This is a vape where if you choose to, take a hit and set it down. OF COURSE if you take a hit and you put it down you may see vapor come out but that’s because of the hot surface or left over vapor produce by your inhale.
This vape rewards you for taking slow steady draws. The vapor is very cooled down however; with the slow steady draws you will FEEL the vapor in your lungs.
DO NOT inhale like you would a Mighty or Fury. Slow and steady wins the race.
There is virtually no smell being emitted from the unit after using. Most hybrid units Mighty, Crafty and even some convection units like the Tera can smell like weed especially after use ( don’t even get me started with the Pax smell..). I can also say this unit passes the “family friendly” and “Public” look where it’s elegant enough for people not to question. Mouthpiece comes off easily so you can disguise it more as a power bank as well.
There is some weight to it. Same weight I would say as the Tera. This vape screams elegance. The leather and the hemp fabric whatever feels fucking nice.
The bowl holds about .1, .15
It packs a punch. I use a coarse grind or even break up the bud with my fingers. I do not tamp the bud down. I fill it loosely so instead of stirring, I just smack the bottom or sides like a Firefly and move the bud.This unit packs like a Firefly so it’s not too hard. Cleaning is not bad either. After 5 uses I just needed to wipe the top lid screen. I know it will get gunky and I’ve read it clogging the airflow. I’m not really worried about that.
Take a look at wavy vaporizer review on YouTube for an accurate stoner review of this vape. Don’t watch any others that show them hitting at 420 f . Airvape has these tubers sponsored and the only review out right now that is legit OUR perspective is Wavy vaporizer.
I will do a follow up by the end of the week. Ordered this Vape last week on the 16 and came in today, not bad.
This is also my first Airvape product. Not disappointed at all.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
e
Oh yeah, I've been following this thread for awhile :D . I found the screen worked but I then had to crank the temp up. Your right it doesn't burn even, that's why I stir between rips. I get better flavor and even extraction.

OMG I was so frustrated dealing with Ghost. That being said, when the Ghost worked the vapor was killer. I would say if Ghost was consistent and had heat sinks that worked it would be my #2. But they don't and they sucked. :rofl:
your screen is too far from the base of the bowl. I had this problem. Finding the solution made me return to the supplied basket, re-shaped to fit. As suspected it did work great. The clearance between the added screen or re-fitted micro basket and the bottom of the heating chamber is less than 0.1". The addition of the basket makes airflow breath control irrelevant. Too bad they shipped with ill-fitting baskets. Drybonesufo, did you get a basket and does your lid close when you insert it? curious

Kimosabe,

Toivarita

999 Forever
How’s everybody’s hemp fabric holding up? I have a tiny bit of fraying at the bottom of the hinges face plate and back of the device from going in and out of my pocket without a case. Anybody else see any wear and tear on their Legacy?
Has anybody dropped this device yet? If so, were there dents, breaks, scratches? I’ve been super careful with this device and haven’t dropped it yet so I don’t see any signs of wear and tear besides the fabric. Though I’ve dropped my other devices where some break and some don’t.

Toivarita,

mc

How’s everybody’s hemp fabric holding up? I have a tiny bit of fraying at the bottom of the hinges face plate and back of the device from going in and out of my pocket without a case. Anybody else see any wear and tear on their Legacy?
Has anybody dropped this device yet? If so, were there dents, breaks, scratches? I’ve been super careful with this device and haven’t dropped it yet so I don’t see any signs of wear and tear besides the fabric. Though I’ve dropped my other devices where some break and some don’t.
one or two small spots are starting to fray a bit. I'm able to push it back down under the rim still, not sure how long I'll be able to do that.

Top Bottom