AirVape legacy

hi_there

Ok this thread has helped. I have been using their vapes for a few years now and they are great. Virtually no learning curve, I guess I need to play around more with the Legacy to figure it out. Pretty disappointed to hear about the fraying, you would think they would have tested that.

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
Ok this thread has helped. I have been using their vapes for a few years now and the are great. Virtually no learning curve, I guess I need to play around more with the Legacy to figure it out. Pretty disappointed to hear about the fraying, you would think they would have tested that.
It’s extremely minimal fraying of the fabric. Almost like tiny lint balls. You cannot tell there’s fraying from 2 feet away

Toivarita,

DryBonesufo

One week review:

The Legacy.... has replaced my Crafty+ and Mighty
This thing has now become my daily driver... I may even purchase a 2nd one and keep it fresh in the box just because lol. Who’s loving their Airvape right now?
So I guess on Airvape I was the 100th visitor and received a code for 100 off on the Legacy... I ordered it hahaha

DryBonesufo

So after a lot of testing, my preferred temp is 389F without a screen. AVB varies from dark golden brown to SOME blacken buds depending on my inhales. Slow but deep inhales produces thick, tasty, and potent clouds. I pack the chamber loosely so I can tap the unit a bit to stir the chamber. I’ve also realized that vaping it horizontally (like your blowing a horn) yields the most even AVB.
You can get and produce thick potent clouds as low as 299F. I think because of the gold chamber and the powerful heater (ala 15-30 sec heat up) and the way you inhale, you can tailor this vape at any temp based on your draws and you’ll produce clouds with taste. That being said, def not a beginners vape BUT it’s a rewarding vape once you fine tune it to your liking. Almost like a box mod for e juice. People have their preferred setting. This is that type of dry herb vape. Once you find your temp, you’re golden! The legacy is also very efficient. .1 sometimes even less , I get 5 fantastic ON demand draws and about 6-7 session draws. I brought this Legacy to a friend and it took him two bowls to find his temp. That’s .15-.2 of herb........ thats

I have began the process of selling most of my vapes because I feel like with this unit, I really don’t need another. I don’t use water pipes or bongs, this has ON demand and session. What more can you ask? Also looks fucking elegant as fuck.
I did a review for their site and being the 100th visitor , I received a 100 off the Legacy... so I bought it again. Placed the order on Friday and it arrived today, holy shit was that fast.

Thanks Airvape! From a “kid” in the Chicago!

hi_there

Thanks Airvape! From a “kid” in the Chicago
How fast do you reach 389 and when it says 389 can you draw and get clouds right away? Mine reaches temp in like 5 seconds but no clouds at all unless I let it heat for another 30-45 seconds.

hi_there,

DryBonesufo

How fast do you reach 389 and when it says 389 can you draw and get clouds right away? Mine reaches temp in like 5 seconds but no clouds at all unless I let it heat for another 30-45 seconds.
How are you inhaling? Mine reaches temp at about 15-30 secs. I get clouds first draw and I take about a 10-15 sec draw. If you want to go full blast inhaling then I suggest temp 299-315F

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/izu1oh

Toivarita

999 Forever
So after a lot of testing, my preferred temp is 389F without a screen. AVB varies from dark golden brown to SOME blacken buds depending on my inhales. Slow but deep inhales produces thick, tasty, and potent clouds. I pack the chamber loosely so I can tap the unit a bit to stir the chamber. I’ve also realized that vaping it horizontally (like your blowing a horn) yields the most even AVB.
You can get and produce thick potent clouds as low as 299F. I think because of the gold chamber and the powerful heater (ala 15-30 sec heat up) and the way you inhale, you can tailor this vape at any temp based on your draws and you’ll produce clouds with taste. That being said, def not a beginners vape BUT it’s a rewarding vape once you fine tune it to your liking. Almost like a box mod for e juice. People have their preferred setting. This is that type of dry herb vape. Once you find your temp, you’re golden! The legacy is also very efficient. .1 sometimes even less , I get 5 fantastic ON demand draws and about 6-7 session draws. I brought this Legacy to a friend and it took him two bowls to find his temp. That’s .15-.2 of herb........ thats

I have began the process of selling most of my vapes because I feel like with this unit, I really don’t need another. I don’t use water pipes or bongs, this has ON demand and session. What more can you ask? Also looks fucking elegant as fuck.
I did a review for their site and being the 100th visitor , I received a 100 off the Legacy... so I bought it again. Placed the order on Friday and it arrived today, holy shit was that fast.

Thanks Airvape! From a “kid” in the Chicago!
Can I get in contact with you about purchasing your old vaporizers? We could chat through email.

floribud

After a couple months with the Legacy, it's definitely one of my top 2 used vapes. I'm basically only using the Legacy and my SplinterZ, which I've got TC dialed-in perfectly.

I use the Legacy without a screen in on-demand mode, but for session mode I placed a 1inch brass screen over the bowl and then used my TerpPen to quickly push the screen down into the bowl. This worked perfectly, the TerpPen cap is the perfect size to fit in the bowl with just enough room around the sides to "mold" the screen to the walls of the legacy. And since 1" brass screens are 10/$1 at my local head shop, this is a super cheap option.

Anyway 350º - 375º in session mode works perfectly for me. First hit is a bit week with the screen(at 350º), but absolutely amazing after that. No need to stir, and no charring.

If I remove the screen I used on-demand mode and set it so around 280 - 300 F. I know that sounds crazy low, but it works for me. I pretty much draw as it's heating and release as soon as it reaches temp. This produces great clouds and full rich satisfying "mouthfeel". It's very similar to low temping on my Ghost, but the Legacy is WAY easier to load and change temps mid session than the Ghost.

I still have my FF2+ and I do like to use that occasionally at night before bed. The long deep breaths that that thing asks for wear me out a bit, so it's perfect for drifting off to sleep. And I'm sorry but the FF still has more flavor than any vape I've tried, can't imagine giving that one up.

So the Legacy is a bit of a beast(chars relatively easily) and temp control can be a bit finicky, but it's so easy to adjust temps that that isn't much of a problem. Plus after a few weeks with it, you'll know (by taste) if your getting close to charring, so I almost always catch myself and either drop the temp a bit, take shorter draws or release the heat button earlier (in On-demand) mode. I think because of these things it's a bit hard to recommend the Legacy to first-timer vapers, but if you have the patience to "work with the device" a bit I think just about anyone can find a way to use it that works for them. Even my wife loves the Legacy (session mode with screen). She's a "set and forget, I don't want to think about 'settings' and 'buttons' when I'm vaping" person. She just sets it at 350º and is happy to have maybe 1 tasty but not visibly vapory draw, because she knows all the next draws will be perfect. Basically the Legacy is the only device she wants to use (and I do have quite a collection) so I guess that says something about it.

DryBonesufo

After a couple months with the Legacy, it's definitely one of my top 2 used vapes. I'm basically only using the Legacy and my SplinterZ, which I've got TC dialed-in perfectly.

I use the Legacy without a screen in on-demand mode, but for session mode I placed a 1inch brass screen over the bowl and then used my TerpPen to quickly push the screen down into the bowl. This worked perfectly, the TerpPen cap is the perfect size to fit in the bowl with just enough room around the sides to "mold" the screen to the walls of the legacy. And since 1" brass screens are 10/$1 at my local head shop, this is a super cheap option.

Anyway 350º - 375º in session mode works perfectly for me. First hit is a bit week with the screen(at 350º), but absolutely amazing after that. No need to stir, and no charring.

If I remove the screen I used on-demand mode and set it so around 280 - 300 F. I know that sounds crazy low, but it works for me. I pretty much draw as it's heating and release as soon as it reaches temp. This produces great clouds and full rich satisfying "mouthfeel". It's very similar to low temping on my Ghost, but the Legacy is WAY easier to load and change temps mid session than the Ghost.

I still have my FF2+ and I do like to use that occasionally at night before bed. The long deep breaths that that thing asks for wear me out a bit, so it's perfect for drifting off to sleep. And I'm sorry but the FF still has more flavor than any vape I've tried, can't imagine giving that one up.

So the Legacy is a bit of a beast(chars relatively easily) and temp control can be a bit finicky, but it's so easy to adjust temps that that isn't much of a problem. Plus after a few weeks with it, you'll know (by taste) if your getting close to charring, so I almost always catch myself and either drop the temp a bit, take shorter draws or release the heat button earlier (in On-demand) mode. I think because of these things it's a bit hard to recommend the Legacy to first-timer vapers, but if you have the patience to "work with the device" a bit I think just about anyone can find a way to use it that works for them. Even my wife loves the Legacy (session mode with screen). She's a "set and forget, I don't want to think about 'settings' and 'buttons' when I'm vaping" person. She just sets it at 350º and is happy to have maybe 1 tasty but not visibly vapory draw, because she knows all the next draws will be perfect. Basically the Legacy is the only device she wants to use (and I do have quite a collection) so I guess that says something about it.
It def is a rewarding vape as I said in my review, I think this vape is tailored for each individual. Once you find your preference on screen or no screen and the right temp for on demand and session, this vape can be the only vape you would need for awhile. Although many vaporants like to use water attachments.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Hi all. I remember a while back there were a few points made against this vape because of its customer service. My experience worth the CS during the preorder time of this device was that I would get quick responses from CS, but the people in Customer Service did not have much information about the device outside of what the descriptions were on the website so not much information was given outside of what was described on the website.

Some people absolutely hated and detested this customer service situation and were saying that the smart decision would be to cancel the preorder at the time and invest in a different $250 vape called the TinyMight. The TinyMight has some great reviews regarding the vapor performance from the device, but there have been complaints about the build quality of the device. Air Leaks, rough threading for battery replacement, weak heaters compared to other units. But what is starting to stick out to me is the TinyMight customer service reviews. The Customer service is practically nonexistent. Some people who post or used to post on this thread need to take a look at the quality control of the Airvape to he TinyMight. I think Airvape has made a great $250 vape that quickly resolved it’s issues with defective units in their first batches shipped to their warehouse. Though I must say, if I’m looking for quick big hits will little effort, I go with a DynaVap or my new Runt from Sticky Brick. The Airvape Legacy is a quality device that shows off luxurious and flagship device features with great engineering and build quality. The downfall is the learning curve to get tasty big clouds out of this device.

I would love to hear what others think about the Legacy, comparing to TinyMight, or just other input about what I talked about.
Cheers.

junny89

Hi all. I remember a while back there were a few points made against this vape because of its customer service. My experience worth the CS during the preorder time of this device was that I would get quick responses from CS, but the people in Customer Service did not have much information about the device outside of what the descriptions were on the website so not much information was given outside of what was described on the website.

Some people absolutely hated and detested this customer service situation and were saying that the smart decision would be to cancel the preorder at the time and invest in a different $250 vape called the TinyMight. The TinyMight has some great reviews regarding the vapor performance from the device, but there have been complaints about the build quality of the device. Air Leaks, rough threading for battery replacement, weak heaters compared to other units. But what is starting to stick out to me is the TinyMight customer service reviews. The Customer service is practically nonexistent. Some people who post or used to post on this thread need to take a look at the quality control of the Airvape to he TinyMight. I think Airvape has made a great $250 vape that quickly resolved it’s issues with defective units in their first batches shipped to their warehouse. Though I must say, if I’m looking for quick big hits will little effort, I go with a DynaVap or my new Runt from Sticky Brick. The Airvape Legacy is a quality device that shows off luxurious and flagship device features with great engineering and build quality. The downfall is the learning curve to get tasty big clouds out of this device.

I would love to hear what others think about the Legacy, comparing to TinyMight, or just other input about what I talked about.
Cheers.
Yes I found this also as I was interested in the tiny might. Yes it’s fantastic. However it also is riddled with faults also. That’s what made me wait and go with the legacy in the end.
Heard too many stories that customers had issues with tiny might and CS were like non existent. Faulty, non working etc. I did mention this a few pages back also. Pretty glad I waited around for the legacy.

Top Bottom