AirVape legacy

Complexity

I also did the same with the screen the other day(or was it yesterday?). lol My days have been fuzzy since I got this vape. lol Maybe I need to slow down. hahah I was like, 'Oh, NOooooo!' Then I noticed(and had to make sure) there was a screen protector on there. I was going to be very disappointed because I made a scratch with my own fingernail as well.

I need to try that blocking the center hole in the heatsink. But to be honest, I don't even feel the need to use my MV1...thought about using it when my Legacy died and needed charging, but meh.
Also, you can't use the Legacy while charging. :/

Complexity,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I also did the same with the screen the other day(or was it yesterday?). lol My days have been fuzzy since I got this vape. lol Maybe I need to slow down. hahah I was like, 'Oh, NOooooo!' Then I noticed(and had to make sure) there was a screen protector on there. I was going to be very disappointed because I made a scratch with my own fingernail as well.

I need to try that blocking the center hole in the heatsink. But to be honest, I don't even feel the need to use my MV1...thought about using it when my Legacy died and needed charging, but meh.
Ahh just get a few new Samsung 18650 batteries off amazon

Toivarita,

Okla68

It Dosent have Passthru Charging ? Have only used the Wireless charger so far !

Okla68,

Toivarita

999 Forever
It Dosent have Passthru Charging ? Have only used the Wireless charger so far !
Im pretty sure it does have pass through with USB-C. My wireless charging external battery that came with my unit isn’t the best at wireless charging, but there is no issue with the 2 USB ports for charging up devices.

Okla68

You make the comment, "you Cant use the Legacy While charging"...That IS PASS THRU CHARGING ! Being able to Operate While Charging !

Complexity

You make the comment, "you Cant use the Legacy While charging"...That IS PASS THRU CHARGING ! Being able to Operate While Charging !
I've tried to power mine on while having it plugged in and I get no response. Idk if I'm not triggering the 3 button sequence correctly while plugged in, then?
I'll have to give it another try when I get home.

Also, I find that it's very easy to accidentally switch from on-demand and session mode on mine. I've had that happen a couple of times where it's been unintentional and switching it back can take a minute for me. lol

Complexity,
Reactions: Okla68

Complexity

Okay, I feel like a dummy. lol It does work! Idk what was happening that day it didn't want to turn on!

Complexity,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay, I feel like a dummy. lol It does work! Idk what was happening that day it didn't want to turn on!

it still will not work if the battery is dead, it is still running power from the battery, it is just able to be used to wall charging, but you need to have a baseline enough to power it up... True pass through charging usually entails a large AC adapter and is more rare, so it would be surprised if this had that.

Shit Snacks,

Okla68

it still will not work if the battery is dead, it is still running power from the battery, it is just able to be used to wall charging, but you need to have a baseline enough to power it up... True pass through charging usually entails a large AC adapter and is more rare, so it would be surprised if this had that.
The XS, S Both have PassThru charging from Regular USB plugs !

Okla68,

Shit Snacks

The XS, S Both have PassThru charging from Regular USB plugs !

I can almost guarantee that they have it as I described and not true pass through... I'm not even sure you can do true pass through with a regular USB plug, unless I'm mistaken. As I tried to explain, true pass through bypasses the battery to power the unit directly via an AC adapter. What this sounds like is just use while charging, meaning you are still running it off the battery... FYI

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I got mine yesterday, it's a very nice object, a bit big but not too much to be awkward. Somebody can share some tricks cause I don't get what I'm expecting but I may misused it. Vapor is smooth and tasty but rather whispy and turn with burnt accents if I up the temp, never achieved a satisfying hit in term of vapor thickness except when the taste is already gone or if I stir and it wasn't crazy thick... I found stirring increase that burnt accents in vapor taste. I may have a dude too cause most peoples reported very good vapor production isn't it? or I may be a dude... :) (although I'm quite well used to convection vaporizer..) please contact me by pm if you have some tips&tricks to share with me. I don't want to bother everybody with my issues since the consensus seems to be in favor of a performing vaporizer and I believe you!

Dayton

Hi, I got mine yesterday, it's a very nice object, a bit big but not too much to be awkward. Somebody can share some tricks cause I don't get what I'm expecting but I may misused it. Vapor is smooth and tasty but rather whispy and turn with burnt accents if I up the temp, never achieved a satisfying hit in term of vapor thickness except when the taste is already gone or if I stir and it wasn't crazy thick... I found stirring increase that burnt accents in vapor taste. I may have a dude too cause most peoples reported very good vapor production isn't it? or I may be a dude... :) (although I'm quite well used to convection vaporizer..) please contact me by pm if you have some tips&tricks to share with me. I don't want to bother everybody with my issues since the consensus seems to be in favor of a performing vaporizer and I believe you!
I have been having a very similar experience to this. Even going as far as combusting the load several times well under 400F.

Dayton,
Reactions: Xclerk

Dayton

I want to share with ya'll something I created to make my use with the legacy more manageable..
20200828_052035.jpg

This snug little funnel is perfect for loading and mid-sesh stirring, keeping your gasket clean and material in the bowl. I 3D printed this one using a flexible TPU material. If anyone is interested in making their own, feel free to DM me and i would be happy to share my file with you.

junny89

I want to share with ya'll something I created to make my use with the legacy more manageable..
20200828_052035.jpg

This snug little funnel is perfect for loading and mid-sesh stirring, keeping your gasket clean and material in the bowl. I 3D printed this one using a flexible TPU material. If anyone is interested in making their own, feel free to DM me and i would be happy to share my file with you.

ahh awesomeness ! I have one I bought from delta studios for my MFLB. I’ll wait till they get some as I don’t have a 3D printer. Looks like it will help!
Question is, how is everyone cleaning the disc above the bowl? How gunked up does it get ?

junny89,

Okla68

ahh awesomeness ! I have one I bought from delta studios for my MFLB. I’ll wait till they get some as I don’t have a 3D printer. Looks like it will help!
Question is, how is everyone cleaning the disc above the bowl? How gunked up does it get ?
Its Never gotten totally clogged altho several of the ports have gotten blocked with bits of material and Reclaim if I dont attend to it every other load or so.
I use a large Needle and the plastic Pick that came with the Ghost for the holes/ports. I take Thread dipped in Everclear, circle the underside of the Disc, saw the Thread back and forth several times to dissolve and dislodge any Reclaim that has collected there.
If I had a TORX driver that Small, id just remove and clean(would probably Drop the MicroScrew tho)!

Last edited:
Okla68,
Reactions: Kimosabe

junny89

Its Never gotten totally clogged altho several of the ports have gotten blocked with bits of material and Reclaim if I dont attend to it every other load or so.
I use a large Needle and the plastic Pick that came with the Ghost for the holes/ports. I take Thread dipped in Everclear, circle the underside of the Disc, saw the Thread back and forth several times to dissolve and dislodge any Reclaim that has collected there.
If I had a TORX driver that Small, id just remove and clean(would probably Drop the MicroScrew tho)!
Ahh thanks for that. I have a torx screw driver that small but i just know I will lose it!
many I ask what everclear is?

junny89,

Toivarita

999 Forever
I can almost guarantee that they have it as I described and not true pass through... I'm not even sure you can do true pass through with a regular USB plug, unless I'm mistaken. As I tried to explain, true pass through bypasses the battery to power the unit directly via an AC adapter. What this sounds like is just use while charging, meaning you are still running it off the battery... FYI
It may be running off the battery, but with the case with the X and XS they will gain charge during their passthrough. As long as you have 1/4 battery life, you can use pass through charging and the device will not ever die while it’s plugged in.

Shit Snacks

It may be running off the battery, but with the case with the X and XS they will gain charge during their passthrough. As long as you have 1/4 battery life, you can use pass through charging and the device will not ever die while it’s plugged in.

Yes exactly, quarter charge sounds about right, but again this still puts strain on the battery and is not technically "pass through" is all I'm saying... Shouldn't be such a concern to put the extra strain on the battery, since the batteries are replaceable here with standard 18650s, but I think it's just worth disclaiming that use while charging could affect long-term battery life, cell longevity...

Has has someone reached out to Delta 3D with measurements so they can design and print and sell a loading funnel? Seems like the perfect solution, it's a shame it doesn't come with one already like other vapes do!

Shit Snacks,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I got some better results. I added a screen on the bottom which sits on the edges of the cylinder before it's recessed just 1mm or so on the top of the heater gold screen. This is avoid any bad burnt taste and allows a uniform abv. Forgotten to say I add another on the top of the load to prevent herbs stick to the top lid disc. I can start at 405 and finish at 430 without any bad taste, I usually do 2 cycles, session mode only cause I didn't managed to get good hits in on-demands mode. I don't stir at all, stirring seems counter-productive with this one cause if this is increase the vapor output it gave me bad burnt taste everytime!

With my unit I only get taste but no true vapor for the 1 mn or so, never achieved to get a satisfying first hit (I need to take 4-5 hits before to start to get a good vapor production, it looks like a heat soak is needed with this vaporizer. On that way, it seems to hit similarly than a teflon/peek MiniVap cause you need to achieve slow, long and deep hits in order to get thick vapor, it may shine with a water tool, sadly I didn't ordered the water adapter and still not found a good diy replacement water adapter.

Still not 100% certain my unit is working well cause the others users feedbacks seems different than mine and the issues I mentionned: inefficient on-demand mode, poor vapor production for the first mn and if I can get a decent vapor production that's far to be impressive or even thick enough.

Although, using my bottom screen mod, I can say this vaporizer taste very good for a whole 3mn cycle in session mode, vapor is smooth and it looks like it's effective in regards to the abv and effects. Design is pretty nice despite to be a bit too thick and despite the button would be better if placed on the other side. Building quality is good but I can see some points of failures especially concerning the top lid. Battery life is impressive considering that's a 1 battery vape. It's nice to sip tasty loads on the sofa.
Like some others mentionned the micro dosing basket don't fit well (can't fully close the top lid) and I can't see how it would work well considering the shape (all hot air will pass around and not through the load). But I have a MiniVap small basket, with thinner ring and a good shape since the load can be spread on all the flat bottom surface... sadly it didn't fit also (is the top lid disc is supposed to fit in the basket or only on the top?)

Please, let me know, do you have quick and thick vapor production (like I get with the TinyMight i.e) or is your is working similarly than mine? TIA

Toivarita

999 Forever
Hi, I got some better results. I added a screen on the bottom which sits on the edges of the cylinder before it's recessed just 1mm or so on the top of the heater gold screen. This is avoid any bad burnt taste and allows a uniform abv. Forgotten to say I add another on the top of the load to prevent herbs stick to the top lid disc. I can start at 405 and finish at 430 without any bad taste, I usually do 2 cycles, session mode only cause I didn't managed to get good hits in on-demands mode. I don't stir at all, stirring seems counter-productive with this one cause if this is increase the vapor output it gave me bad burnt taste everytime!

With my unit I only get taste but no true vapor for the 1 mn or so, never achieved to get a satisfying first hit (I need to take 4-5 hits before to start to get a good vapor production, it looks like a heat soak is needed with this vaporizer. On that way, it seems to hit similarly than a teflon/peek MiniVap cause you need to achieve slow, long and deep hits in order to get thick vapor, it may shine with a water tool, sadly I didn't ordered the water adapter and still not found a good diy replacement water adapter.

Still not 100% certain my unit is working well cause the others users feedbacks seems different than mine and the issues I mentionned: inefficient on-demand mode, poor vapor production for the first mn and if I can get a decent vapor production that's far to be impressive or even thick enough.

Although, using my bottom screen mod, I can say this vaporizer taste very good for a whole 3mn cycle in session mode, vapor is smooth and it looks like it's effective in regards to the abv and effects. Design is pretty nice despite to be a bit too thick and despite the button would be better if placed on the other side. Building quality is good but I can see some points of failures especially concerning the top lid. Battery life is impressive considering that's a 1 battery vape. It's nice to sip tasty loads on the sofa.
Like some others mentionned the micro dosing basket don't fit well (can't fully close the top lid) and I can't see how it would work well considering the shape (all hot air will pass around and not through the load). But I have a MiniVap small basket, with thinner ring and a good shape since the load can be spread on all the flat bottom surface... sadly it didn't fit also (is the top lid disc is supposed to fit in the basket or only on the top?)

Please, let me know, do you have quick and thick vapor production (like I get with the TinyMight i.e) or is your is working similarly than mine? TIA
Thanks for the screen recommendation! Where did you find the screens that for so well? I’m finding good results with a fully packed chamber, and temp set at 345-360F. It seems low but your breathing is going to do more to regulate temperature than the preset temp.

Toivarita,

Okla68

Since I received mine a couple weeks ago, Ive gone from 390°F down to 340°F in both On Demand & Session. I get Lots of taste and decent vapor production. At 390, I got thick vapor by only ABV taste. Running at 340° I get Both !

Okla68,

Toivarita

999 Forever
Since I received mine a couple weeks ago, Ive gone from 390°F down to 340°F in both On Demand & Session. I get Lots of taste and decent vapor production. At 390, I got thick vapor by only ABV taste. Running at 340° I get Both !
Glad you agree :D

Toivarita,

Brewervapesalot

Well, the post office said mine was delivered at about 10am on August 18. I came home at 11am and no package was there. Contacted the company, they said file a claim with usps and offered to sell me another as said not covered by warranty. I filed a claim and it was denied. So, i got nothing and spent some coin...

Brewervapesalot,

jbm

Well, the post office said mine was delivered at about 10am on August 18. I came home at 11am and no package was there. Contacted the company, they said file a claim with usps and offered to sell me another as said not covered by warranty. I filed a claim and it was denied. So, i got nothing and spent some coin...
I am so sorry. That really sucks.

Top Bottom