AirVape legacy

Toivarita

999 Forever
Hey Everybody, I’ve been following this forum for a while, ever since I found the discount code for the performer for $100 I’ve been closely following it. I ordered the legacy because I have great experience with my girlfriend’s Airvape XS so I was thrilled with the $100 preordered legacy. I’ve received my Legacy a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! Great vapor, feels luxurious, I can take the battery out without removing the air path, and cleaning isn’t bad as long as you do minor stuff every half dozen bowls. I use it only in session mode, 5mins at 360F max. I do not use the micro-dose basket.
It’s my first full convection vape and I love how it’s a change for me. (I have the Starry, Miqro, Dynavap) but I can’t get it to vape evenly in the oven. I saw that some of ya’ll are getting good even vaping, Any tips for me?
I get great vapor but the bottom and middle get more toasted that the sides and top. I think this vape is full convention because the walls don’t vaporize the herb as much as the bottom and middle and I’ve seen people think it’s hybrid, I just disagree I guess.
I just need some tips on getting it to vape evenly. I have to stir after 5 mins. (we know that gets messy with this oven) and then get another 5 min session. Thanks for the help, let me know if you have any questions.

mc

An FYI....When cleaning the Diffuser Disc, besides the obvious Needle for the holes, Ive found dipping some thread into Everclear, wrapping around the slot under the disc, pulling back and forth cleans the Reclaim from under the Disc and Holes...And....Ive also changed my mind about Pristine Cleanliness being required for Top Performance. I can do half a dozen bowls with just a Brushout before I become concerned with clogging or bad sealing, seems....FYI !
I've used min for days without deep cleaning. Just brushing makes it spotless. Might be the diamonds clogging it up, cause herb doesn't block it too much.

mc,

Complexity

Okay, so after almost a week of using it, I can definitely say it has surpassed my expectations.

FYI the only other vape I have is the Ghost MV1, so I have nothing else to compare the Legacy to.

The Pros:
This unit for me hits HARD! I will be baked out of my mind really quick. The extraction seems more effective compared to the Ghost.
What I love about it is that I can definitely feel the effects of even the CBD flower. It's exciting because CBD flower is more obtainable than regular flower here where I live.

The vapor is tasty, especially when the Legacy is clean. I find myself still having tasty vapor even towards the end of the bowl. I usually don't vape the bowl until it's super brown/cashed out because I don't like the flavor. I've only done that a couple of times just to see how much I can extract from the flower before tossing it in my AVB bag.

The Legacy has no issues with even a lightly packed bowl. It will actually extract it better than a full bowl from my experience.

More even AVB. Depending on how loosely or tight you pack the bowl, it will need stirring at least once but that's easy when compared to the MV1. Plus the built-in slot for the stir tool is super handy, especially on the go.

Really digging the option to use the on-demand mode or session mode. I have only tried to use the session mode twice, but I like being able to just pass the vape without having to worry about someone having to press the button and wait for the temperature in that mode.

Battery life has been excellent. It will last a pretty good while, depending on usage of course. I have only had to charge it three to four times since having received it on Tuesday. I have yet to take note just how long it will take to charge the battery from empty to full but it doesn't seem to be very long.

From cold unit to preferred heat, it only takes around 15 seconds for higher, closer to 400F temperatures to reach it. Pretty nice!

Vapor is nice and cool! My throat has been thanking me. I have only tested up to 380F. The water bong adapter makes the vapor even more cool along with the water bong. I use it just with the adapter and it feels more natural hitting it rather than the mouthpiece.

Cleaning is easy! Using a brush to clean it after every bowl helps a lot.

The Cons:

Loading and unloading bowls is super messy. Would be nice to see someone make a funnel to make loading less messy.
*Tip: If you have a crucible for the MV1, load that and then gently dump it over the bowl. Makes it a whole lot quicker and less messy.
*Tip: If you have the crucible dispenser for the MV1 and you load some crucibles you can have multiple bowls for on the go to load into your Legacy!

For me, it gets dirty really quick(especially the diffuser disk area). But good thing is that it's easy to clean.

Depending on how the bowl is packed or how hard you are hitting it, the flower will get stuck on the diffuser especially if it already has resin. You will also find flower making its way onto the small gold plate that leads to the glass air path. This is especially annoying because it's difficult to remove the flower stuck on the diffuser without making a mess so you can stir it in with the rest of the bowl.

Might be just me but the three button clicks to turn it on have to be spaced out for it to turn on. It's probably just me being impatient and trying to click it really fast. lol

And for those users who like a lot of vapor, I haven't gotten to produce a huge amount but like I have said, I usually don't go up past 380F. So we'll see if I can get more vapor if I kick it up more. It doesn't really matter because even if I don't get clouds of vapor I am still getting the effects and that's all that matters!

Overall, I am loving this vape so far! I haven't had the need to reach for the MV1 at all! I just used the MV1 this morning since Tuesday of last week because I had a bowl ready for work in the Legacy and didn't have the time to finish it and load another one before work(had an old crucible already loaded). I am going to try to pack the bowls more and see if the flower still gets stuck on the diffuser disk on the lid.

hinglemccringleberry

Anyone have experience with the Mighty and Tinymight and can compare them to the Legacy?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: arb

Toivarita

999 Forever
Okay, so after almost a week of using it, I can definitely say it has surpassed my expectations.

FYI the only other vape I have is the Ghost MV1, so I have nothing else to compare the Legacy to.

The Pros:
This unit for me hits HARD! I will be baked out of my mind really quick. The extraction seems more effective compared to the Ghost.
What I love about it is that I can definitely feel the effects of even the CBD flower. It's exciting because CBD flower is more obtainable than regular flower here where I live.

The vapor is tasty, especially when the Legacy is clean. I find myself still having tasty vapor even towards the end of the bowl. I usually don't vape the bowl until it's super brown/cashed out because I don't like the flavor. I've only done that a couple of times just to see how much I can extract from the flower before tossing it in my AVB bag.

The Legacy has no issues with even a lightly packed bowl. It will actually extract it better than a full bowl from my experience.

More even AVB. Depending on how loosely or tight you pack the bowl, it will need stirring at least once but that's easy when compared to the MV1. Plus the built-in slot for the stir tool is super handy, especially on the go.

Really digging the option to use the on-demand mode or session mode. I have only tried to use the session mode twice, but I like being able to just pass the vape without having to worry about someone having to press the button and wait for the temperature in that mode.

Battery life has been excellent. It will last a pretty good while, depending on usage of course. I have only had to charge it three to four times since having received it on Tuesday. I have yet to take note just how long it will take to charge the battery from empty to full but it doesn't seem to be very long.

From cold unit to preferred heat, it only takes around 15 seconds for higher, closer to 400F temperatures to reach it. Pretty nice!

Vapor is nice and cool! My throat has been thanking me. I have only tested up to 380F. The water bong adapter makes the vapor even more cool along with the water bong. I use it just with the adapter and it feels more natural hitting it rather than the mouthpiece.

Cleaning is easy! Using a brush to clean it after every bowl helps a lot.

The Cons:

Loading and unloading bowls is super messy. Would be nice to see someone make a funnel to make loading less messy.
*Tip: If you have a crucible for the MV1, load that and then gently dump it over the bowl. Makes it a whole lot quicker and less messy.
*Tip: If you have the crucible dispenser for the MV1 and you load some crucibles you can have multiple bowls for on the go to load into your Legacy!

For me, it gets dirty really quick(especially the diffuser disk area). But good thing is that it's easy to clean.

Depending on how the bowl is packed or how hard you are hitting it, the flower will get stuck on the diffuser especially if it already has resin. You will also find flower making its way onto the small gold plate that leads to the glass air path. This is especially annoying because it's difficult to remove the flower stuck on the diffuser without making a mess so you can stir it in with the rest of the bowl.

Might be just me but the three button clicks to turn it on have to be spaced out for it to turn on. It's probably just me being impatient and trying to click it really fast. lol

And for those users who like a lot of vapor, I haven't gotten to produce a huge amount but like I have said, I usually don't go up past 380F. So we'll see if I can get more vapor if I kick it up more. It doesn't really matter because even if I don't get clouds of vapor I am still getting the effects and that's all that matters!

Overall, I am loving this vape so far! I haven't had the need to reach for the MV1 at all! I just used the MV1 this morning since Tuesday of last week because I had a bowl ready for work in the Legacy and didn't have the time to finish it and load another one before work(had an old crucible already loaded). I am going to try to pack the bowls more and see if the flower still gets stuck on the diffuser disk on the lid.
How hard do you inhale? I’ve been struggling to get even vaporization in the bowl.

Toivarita,

Complexity

Hey Everybody, I’ve been following this forum for a while, ever since I found the discount code for the performer for $100 I’ve been closely following it. I ordered the legacy because I have great experience with my girlfriend’s Airvape XS so I was thrilled with the $100 preordered legacy. I’ve received my Legacy a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! Great vapor, feels luxurious, I can take the battery out without removing the air path, and cleaning isn’t bad as long as you do minor stuff every half dozen bowls. I use it only in session mode, 5mins at 360F max. I do not use the micro-dose basket.
It’s my first full convection vape and I love how it’s a change for me. (I have the Starry, Miqro, Dynavap) but I can’t get it to vape evenly in the oven. I saw that some of ya’ll are getting good even vaping, Any tips for me?
I get great vapor but the bottom and middle get more toasted that the sides and top. I think this vape is full convention because the walls don’t vaporize the herb as much as the bottom and middle and I’ve seen people think it’s hybrid, I just disagree I guess.
I just need some tips on getting it to vape evenly. I have to stir after 5 mins. (we know that gets messy with this oven) and then get another 5 min session. Thanks for the help, let me know if you have any questions.

What temperature are you using to vape?
Also, I have found that how you pack the bowl matters in how well it extracts. I read somewhere that more loose fitting bowls are better for the Legacy.

How hard do you inhale? I’ve been struggling to get even vaporization in the bowl.

I don't inhale too hard. I kind of treat the Legacy as if it were the MV1. Making sure you have enough air filtering through the flower. I would do a steady, not too fast, not too slow pull.
The only time I try to inhale faster is at the end of the bowl when I turn the temperature up.
I mostly use the on-demand mode. Have you been using session mode?

Complexity,

Toivarita

999 Forever
What temperature are you using to vape?
Also, I have found that how you pack the bowl matters in how well it extracts. I read somewhere that more loose fitting bowls are better for the Legacy.

I don't inhale too hard. I kind of treat the Legacy as if it were the MV1. Making sure you have enough air filtering through the flower. I would do a steady, not too fast, not too slow pull.
The only time I try to inhale faster is at the end of the bowl when I turn the temperature up.
I mostly use the on-demand mode. Have you been using session mode?
A few posts up I wrote a bit about what I do. Wanna check it out? I guess I do pack it full but I get big hits, just not too evenly vapes. I find if I inhale too hard it makes it more uneven.

To sum up my post I vape at 345-360, only session mode.This is my first full convection vape. The bottom and middle are much more vaped than the top and sides. Since it’s messy to stir, I’d rather find out how to vape it evenly. I’m not sure if lightly packing is helping.

Last edited:
Toivarita,

mc

It's almost impossible to get an even oven roast without it tasting bad if you don't stir. Which is tough because it all falls out when you do. So what I do is mid session I dump it all out and repack it so it's "stirred" but not stirred if you know what I mean.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wonder if anyone has tried to vape some whole nugs yet? that actually worked really well in the firefly, you could take a couple hits then open up to flip the nug take a couple more and then break it up for a few more... In general I found hand broken nugs to work best with the firefly instead of grinding, to prevent crumbs from sticking up at the top in the vapor path as well as making for quicker easier stirring... Might be worth a shot, if people have all only been grinding, and especially if they have been grinding more finely perhaps?

Toivarita

999 Forever
I haven’t found any difference with fully packed or less than full packs when it comes to even heating and vaporization. Can anyone else agree or disagree? It seems like I can have the temp set low (340), but if I inhale hard, the bottom and middle get just as charred (but not burnt) as high temperatures with other vapes I have. Is this how is is with Convection vapes? I’d never get such brown ABV from low temps in hybrid or conduction vapes. Is this just how convection works? I’m new in the pure convection scene so any help is welcomed.

D
I wonder if anyone has tried to vape some whole nugs yet? that actually worked really well in the firefly, you could take a couple hits then open up to flip the nug take a couple more and then break it up for a few more... In general I found hand broken nugs to work best with the firefly instead of grinding, to prevent crumbs from sticking up at the top in the vapor path as well as making for quicker easier stirring... Might be worth a shot, if people have all only been grinding, and especially if they have been grinding more finely perhaps?
Do you have the legacy yet? I don’t see how the inside of a nugget could get extracted like the outside would. I’m interested in even heating and while nugs seem like it would have the opposite.

If flavor is your objective then I could see the argument of how that’s better but other than that I don’t see any advantage.

Toivarita,

Shit Snacks

It seems like I can have the temp set low (340), but if I inhale hard, the bottom and middle get just as charred (but not burnt) as high temperatures with other vapes I have. Is this how is is with Convection vapes? I’d never get such brown ABV from low temps in hybrid or conduction vapes. Is this just how convection works? I’m new in the pure convection scene so any help is welcomed.

Yes in the sense that, pure convection the temperature settings are much more relative, because the vaporizing temperature itself is not necessarily measured exactly, and it is so dependent on how you inhale, your draw is literally what's creating the vapor with pure convection on demand.

Do you have the legacy yet? I don’t see how the inside of a nugget could get extracted like the outside would. I’m interested in even heating and while nugs seem like it would have the opposite.

No I didn't do the pre-order, so I won't be getting one at all, I was a little tempted because now seeing the performance it certainly seems worth the $100... Although I have enough to play around with at the moment, so I just don't need to go through the potential defect game or fiddle with new parts, cleaning, testing... someday maybe!

As I explained, you do break open the nug eventually to get a further extraction, but yes if the goal is most even extraction possible then a consistent medium grind should result in that... The issue I was solving for was lowering the cleaning frequency, that is why I related it to my experience with the firefly (which this seems similar to?)

Shit Snacks,

mc

So just throwing a full bud in doesn't work well at all. Just like using the dosing cap. It seems the issue is this vape is not really convection, it's just heating the bowl which is doing the extraction. The bowl gets so hot if I reload right after a session I can see vapor coming off the fresh bud as I breath over it... so it's like 10% convection, 90% conduction with this vape. So you do need the herb touching the side walls for effective extraction.

Toivarita

999 Forever
I would’ve regretted not preordering this device for $100 haha, but I agree with you MC. In my early opinion, I feel that this vape is worth $175-$200. Not quite $250, but with updates in the future it can really get there. I knew to get this vape because their first generation Airvape XS is such a great vape, I knew that with all the knowledge of the Airvape XS and Airvape X, this product is going to be special.

I think people are too tough on this company’s attempt to put this product is the customers hand and satisfy preorder hunger with article and videos as best they can in this EXTREMELY NEW WORLD that we are dealing with. You and I have never experienced a situation like this (I hope). I am biased because I have been using their Airvape XS for years and it’s one of the best except to battery life.

Shit Snacks

So just throwing a full bud in doesn't work well at all. Just like using the dosing cap. It seems the issue is this vape is not really convection, it's just heating the bowl which is doing the extraction. The bowl gets so hot if I reload right after a session I can see vapor coming off the fresh bud as I breath over it... so it's like 10% convection, 90% conduction with this vape. So you do need the herb touching the side walls for effective extraction.

Oh hm, well the trick is you still want to kind of pack the whole nug in, so it can be tricky getting a whole nug that is the right size and shape for the bowl... Because yes you don't want any air gaps more so than touching the walls though, at least with the firefly, which does have a fair amount of conduction from hot walls and bottom of the bowl too... And what about handbreaking a bunch of small bb size nugs to fill as well as the full nug?

mc

Oh hm, well the trick is you still want to kind of pack the whole nug in, so it can be tricky getting a whole nug that is the right size and shape for the bowl... Because yes you don't want any air gaps more so than touching the walls though, at least with the firefly, which does have a fair amount of conduction from hot walls and bottom of the bowl too... And what about handbreaking a bunch of small bb size nugs to fill as well as the full nug?

I only tried one bud, which like you say, was hard to fill the chamber. The air just goes around the budd for the most part. Maybe many small buds would be ok but I think a nice medium grind has been working great and it's not a huge mess if it spills when you stir. At least it's an easy spot to get to and stir!

mulciber

I would’ve regretted not preordering this device for $100 haha, but I agree with you MC. In my early opinion, I feel that this vape is worth $175-$200. Not quite $250, but with updates in the future it can really get there. I knew to get this vape because their first generation Airvape XS is such a great vape, I knew that with all the knowledge of the Airvape XS and Airvape X, this product is going to be special.

I think people are too tough on this company’s attempt to put this product is the customers hand and satisfy preorder hunger with article and videos as best they can in this EXTREMELY NEW WORLD that we are dealing with.

I agree with you on all points (the $250 is a judgment call — having worked out on mine for a week I think the $250 price point is about right, but Airvape/Apollo still offers various promos if you go looking).

In particular, I agree with your last point. Having been through the miserable debacle of the Grasshopper (I'm still dealing with that company, sort of, but they don't answer mail anymore) I can say with authority that Airvape did a better-than-reasonably good job handling the unavoidable delay issues. They are doing their best to be upfront and honest, and they are producing a truly substantial, high-quality product. In my opinion they're an honorable enterprise.

I can't say I think much of their marketing, but that's more an aesthetic criticism than anything. Too many gym-tailored models in good-time mode, too few hard technical details. I'd particularly like to see a rendering or photographs of the internals. That said, I'm appreciating this device ever more, every day.

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
Due to how tight the fit is on my battery slot, the outer wrapping of my legacy battery has begun to tear away....revealing what looks like a Sony VTC6

Attachments

• EB259A8A-623F-4238-98C7-1D8141728BE0.jpeg
    EB259A8A-623F-4238-98C7-1D8141728BE0.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 18
Vapor Mainline,

Toivarita

999 Forever
Due to how tight the fit is on my battery slot, the outer wrapping of my legacy battery has begun to tear away....revealing what looks like a Sony VTC6
I had this happen my first time removing and replacing but it’s easy to not damage when you figure it out. Hold the battery above the compartment, then (without the battery being slanted) gently put the battery halfway in and push down on the bottom contact button, then the battery should slide right in.

Who’s leather stitching is gold and who’s is black? Mine is black and I saw one here that had gold on it. Also, if I remember correct, did the old preorder spec sheets say the battery was 3600mAh? Mine came with 3000 mAh and the manual says 3000 mAh

Last edited:
Toivarita,

mc

It's a VTC6, it says it right on the black label. And yes, they are 3000MAh. Also, gold stitching here.

edit: UTC6, my bad!

Last edited:
mc,

Toivarita

999 Forever
Right, but like I said, the preorder spec sheet on their website before it shipped said 3600 mAh, or am I just remembering things wrong.

Toivarita,

Complexity

A few posts up I wrote a bit about what I do. Wanna check it out? I guess I do pack it full but I get big hits, just not too even, I find if I inhale too hard it makes it more uneven.
Ah okay. So 360F and session mode.
So I mainly use on-demand mode. At times I don't even vape the whole bowl(unless I'm really looking to get lit) and I save it for later. So I can't say much on session mode.

But do you raise the temperature after nearing the end of the bowl? I usually stir if I see that the top is still looking green when the vapor is starting to taste more spent. Then after that I put it from 370F to 380F to finish the bowl.

Also, it might depend on the moisture content of your flower when it comes to extraction. I know this is the case on my MV1. I just can't get certain flower to vaporize right even if I turn the temperature up.

I know many are speculating that the temperature is higher than it indicates so maybe that has a lot to do with it?

Okla68

Gold sticthing here also. As far as throwing a Whole nug in, if you leave Gaps around the sides, the air is going to move to the Least Resistant path, going Around the nug as opposed to going Thru it ! If you pack pieces of nug, the Flavor is Fantastic, but, you Dont get even Extraction unless its ground, has been my experience the past week or so.
Think there a bunch of Trichome Loss when grinding tho. If you take the time and disassemble a nug, placing the pieces in the bowl till its Full(no air gaps), the flavor will knock your socks and youll get decent even Extraction. Its a PAIN to do, but, can be Fun for a Taste Treat as compared to ground material.
☆☆☆Attn☆☆☆
On like 3-4 occasions, the unit Dosent respond to 3 clicks on...clicked it a dozen times at least, nothing...this 1st happened when my battery was 25% or less. Figured it need a charge. Laid it on Charge Bank, lighted battery came on and proceeded to charge. Next time it happend I Knew the battery was Good...Nothing! Laid it on the charger, voila, starts to charge from 75%, I Knew the battery was still good. It just happened Again...battery at near 100% and 3 clicks, done fast, slow, even, light, hard..NADA ! GULP ! Again, laid it on the charger, lights flash, charging one lil square. I picked it up, hit the 3 clicks, there it is, as if nothing happened !

ANYONE ELSE ???

Okla68,
Top Bottom