AirVape legacy

Complexity

I just tried session mode again, 3 minute timer on 340F. Since I loaded a not too full bowl, it only took about 4-5 draws, all not too long(8-10 seconds) and I already tasted a bit of charring. I stirred once before the taste occurred. I turned it off, then came back to it. Took several small puffs, all tasting good. I turned it off not even a minute later. I was able to get more extraction. The only thing is the flower that gets stuck on the disc that's still somewhat green.

Gold sticthing here also. As far as throwing a Whole nug in, if you leave Gaps around the sides, the air is going to move to the Least Resistant path, going Around the nug as opposed to going Thru it ! If you pack pieces of nug, the Flavor is Fantastic, but, you Dont get even Extraction unless its ground, has been my experience the past week or so.
Think there a bunch of Trichome Loss when grinding tho. If you take the time and disassemble a nug, placing the pieces in the bowl till its Full(no air gaps), the flavor will knock your socks and youll get decent even Extraction. Its a PAIN to do, but, can be Fun for a Taste Treat as compared to ground material.
☆☆☆Attn☆☆☆
On like 3-4 occasions, the unit Dosent respond to 3 clicks on...clicked it a dozen times at least, nothing...this 1st happened when my battery was 25% or less. Figured it need a charge. Laid it on Charge Bank, lighted battery came on and proceeded to charge. Next time it happend I Knew the battery was Good...Nothing! Laid it on the charger, voila, starts to charge from 75%, I Knew the battery was still good. It just happened Again...battery at near 100% and 3 clicks, done fast, slow, even, light, hard..NADA ! GULP ! Again, laid it on the charger, lights flash, charging one lil square. I picked it up, hit the 3 clicks, there it is, as if nothing happened !

ANYONE ELSE ???
What's happened to me once was that I tried clicking it several times, and it just wasn't registering the clicks. But I think I was clicking too fast or inconsistently. I managed to slow down my clicking and it turned on. So I don't know if it was me or the unit. We'll see if it happens again.

Complexity,

mc

Oh, I could’ve sworn mine said UTC6, but the wrapping could be warped a little :lol:

You are correct, it's a UTC6, not sure why my mind read VTC....

On like 3-4 occasions, the unit Dosent respond to 3 clicks on...clicked it a dozen times at least, nothing...this 1st happened when my battery was 25% or less. Figured it need a charge. Laid it on Charge Bank, lighted battery came on and proceeded to charge. Next time it happend I Knew the battery was Good...Nothing! Laid it on the charger, voila, starts to charge from 75%, I Knew the battery was still good. It just happened Again...battery at near 100% and 3 clicks, done fast, slow, even, light, hard..NADA ! GULP ! Again, laid it on the charger, lights flash, charging one lil square. I picked it up, hit the 3 clicks, there it is, as if nothing happened !

ANYONE ELSE ???

I think it's the button itself. Sometimes it just doesn't click properly for me.

mc,

Okla68

I just tried session mode again, 3 minute timer on 340F. Since I loaded a not too full bowl, it only took about 4-5 draws, all not too long(8-10 seconds) and I already tasted a bit of charring. I stirred once before the taste occurred. I turned it off, then came back to it. Took several small puffs, all tasting good. I turned it off not even a minute later. I was able to get more extraction. The only thing is the flower that gets stuck on the disc that's still somewhat green.

What's happened to me once was that I tried clicking it several times, and it just wasn't registering the clicks. But I think I was clicking too fast or inconsistently. I managed to slow down my clicking and it turned on. So I don't know if it was me or the unit. We'll see if it happens again.
No matter how I clicked, took the battery out and back in, it wouldn't come back on till i stimulated it with the charger...
TBH, Scared the Sh-t outta me, thinking about having to Return it, ARRGH !!!

Okla68,

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
No matter how I clicked, took the battery out and back in, it wouldn't come back on till i stimulated it with the charger...
TBH, Scared the Sh-t outta me, thinking about having to Return it, ARRGH !!!
I just experienced this as well! I guess I killed my legacy battery because of how hard I had to push it into the slot, so upon popping another battery in, the vape wouldn’t start! After attaching it to the charger and powering it on and off once or twice, it seems to have gone back to normal!

Vapor Mainline,
Reactions: Okla68

floribud

While I love the device overall, I don't love that I have to pull out the airpath to remove the battery. The airpath fits in by friction and I am afraid the way it fits will eventually wear out.

Also how are we supposed to clean inside the silicon grommet that hold the airpath in place. I started to notice a little draw resistance and sprayed some ISO in the whole from both sides, tried a qtip, it was too thick, but it did get some visible gunk out and then I kind of wiggled around an ISO-laden pipe cleaner in the holes. Eventually it worked and the air was free flowing again. But does Airvape have a recommendation on cleaning?

just checked the FAQ on the website.... "Cleaning Video coming soon!" ... hopefully it doesn't get delayed by USPS ;)

Toivarita

999 Forever
While I love the device overall, I don't love that I have to pull out the airpath to remove the battery. The airpath fits in by friction and I am afraid the way it fits will eventually wear out.

Also how are we supposed to clean inside the silicon grommet that hold the airpath in place. I started to notice a little draw resistance and sprayed some ISO in the whole from both sides, tried a qtip, it was too thick, but it did get some visible gunk out and then I kind of wiggled around an ISO-laden pipe cleaner in the holes. Eventually it worked and the air was free flowing again. But does Airvape have a recommendation on cleaning?

just checked the FAQ on the website.... "Cleaning Video coming soon!" ... hopefully it doesn't get delayed by USPS ;)
If done carefully, I have found that you don’t move the air path at all when removing the battery.

Also, I wonder about the black stitching that I have. I prefer it against the gold in my opinion, I just wonder why I got black.

Toivarita,

jbm

I think people are too tough on this company’s attempt to put this product is the customers hand and satisfy preorder hunger with article and videos as best they can in this EXTREMELY NEW WORLD that we are dealing with. You and I have never experienced a situation like this (I hope). I am biased because I have been using their Airvape XS for years and it’s one of the best except to battery life.
We weren't tough on their attempt. When Airvape first announced the delayed release, no one was surprised, and no one complained. Covid happens. Everyone knows that the virus has impacted many businesses, and customers have been understanding. What we objected to was the lack of communication where the delayed ship date came and went with no notice from the company. You cannot keep your customers in the dark, no matter how good the product. Plus some of the excuses given by Airvape (the "fulfillment black hole") were ludicrous.

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
We weren't tough on their attempt. When Airvape first announced the delayed release, no one was surprised, and no one complained. Covid happens. Everyone knows that the virus has impacted many businesses, and customers have been understanding. What we objected to was the lack of communication where the delayed ship date came and went with no notice from the company. You cannot keep your customers in the dark, no matter how good the product. Plus some of the excuses given by Airvape (the "fulfillment black hole") were ludicrous.
What attempt are you referring to? They have and are continuing to ship these well functioning products to their customers. Am I misinterpreting?

Toivarita,
Reactions: Kimosabe

salmoseeker

was browsing airvape website and came across this new device I dont believe has been posted yet.

AirVape Legacy
Coming Soon

NOTIFY ME WHEN THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE:

AirVape Legacy does not follow stadards in design nor in technology.
The AirVape Legacy is set to be released in the fall of 2019 and even with its impressive list of features, we are still in the process of improving the final product and YOU can be part of the process.

That is all directly from the website but at the bottom there iw more tabs i cannot figure out how to copy here that tell you the descriptions, specifications and what it includes. Most are sill to be determened but the most exciting parts are lose and dry leaf compatable. 10 Seconds to optimal heat level. Full convection. And on demand heating. And built in
Water bubbler. It says you can help take a survey and put the finishing touches on the legacy. It sounds like they are adding a bunch more stuff to this thing and to me it seems like its going to be pretty awesome and looks super nice. Id go to airvapeusa.com and check it out for yourself cause im sure I missed some things. The survey also mentions wireless charging alone or with combination of usb or usb-c. Asks your preference on metal glass or ceramic heating element and alot more I just checked it out. Im very impressed by everything ive seen so far and I say its definately worth taking a look at for sure.
I pre-ordered my vape legacy back in feb. got it Aug.24...was set back because of covid-19 outbreak and airvape USA advised me of the setback so I waited patiencely while using my vape X to fill the void...but now that I have my legacy ,I'm glad I did not cancell it...what a piece of technology....still shake my head of the thought and process that went into this vape.....

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I Reduce resin build up by filling only 2/3 and inserting supplied Concentrate Pad on top.
This technique is advised by Storz and Bickel - we all know them, they are the company that would never claim to manufacture a "pure" convection vaporizer unless the heat path was thermally isolated from the load being vaporized. Crafty, Crafty+, Mighty, Plenty...
-Who cares? It is all semantics. The MV1 was 'magical' & this is 'pure'.

i think the vapor is equal to my MV1 but unit is not as idiot proof.

ease of use rank order with no significant diff in extraction
1. The mighty/crafty - the dosing capsules hold exactly what the legacy chamber does and are AVAILABLE. No intelligence on-board
2. the defunct MV1 never scortched a load on one or even two red Not much intelligence on-board
3. AirVape Legacy - possibly the most bang per herb-buck -we shall see... - no app, none needed

in sesh mode, less variables.
All low T vaping in the range of 356 for me. higher than that, I use my Plenty with Bubbler substituting for curly metal tube.

My stiching is gold. My batt is 3A AND THAT IS WHAT i WAS EXPECTING. wHO CARES, i HAVE A DRAWER FULL.
:rofl:

Toivarita

999 Forever
I Reduce resin build up by filling only 2/3 and inserting supplied Concentrate Pad on top.
This technique is advised by Storz and Bickel - we all know them, they are the company that would never claim to manufacture a "pure" convection vaporizer unless the heat path was thermally isolated from the load being vaporized. Crafty, Crafty+, Mighty, Plenty...
-Who cares? It is all semantics. The MV1 was 'magical' & this is 'pure'.

i think the vapor is equal to my MV1 but unit is not as idiot proof.

ease of use rank order with no significant diff in extraction
1. The mighty/crafty - the dosing capsules hold exactly what the legacy chamber does and are AVAILABLE. No intelligence on-board
2. the defunct MV1 never scortched a load on one or even two red Not much intelligence on-board
3. AirVape Legacy - possibly the most bang per herb-buck -we shall see... - no app, none needed

in sesh mode, less variables.
All low T vaping in the range of 356 for me. higher than that, I use my Plenty with Bubbler substituting for curly metal tube.

My stiching is gold. My batt is 3A AND THAT IS WHAT i WAS EXPECTING. wHO CARES, i HAVE A DRAWER FULL.
:rofl:
Thanks for the wax pad tip! do you think it makes it heat more evenly?
I’m not saying I’m disappointed with 3000mAh battery, I’m just saying it was not the capacity advertised. Thanks for the post!

edit: The amount of vapor that you get with the vapor pad on top is not nearly as much as just packing the chamber full, so I don’t see a need to do it.

Last edited:

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
Perhaps the pad is removing the conduction element by absorbing the heat from the metalic sidewalls, thank you for this info!
I was having great success with the basket and higher temps, but the basket will not allow vaporization much below 400+F for the very reason you cite re: the c. pad, Toivarita.

Someone asked about the molded rubber parts, the airtube, cleaning and such.
Personally, I want to draw through very clean airpath for max flavor and to minimize carcinogens, if any. Molecules of combusted tars stick to glass as well as SS surfaces and this is why I am meticulous about cleaning my airpath. It is an obsession.

I totally agree that this thing is a beast with the chamber loosely packed, I prefer session mode - I have combusted a number of times even at 350 in OD mode.

I also believe in letting bygones be bygones and cannot fathom copping an attitude because your seventh vaporizer, which you paid $100 for and is 10 times the worth of the ONE or FURY, was many months late and I did not receive email blasts from Constant Contact apologizing for that month. Seriously? While the world is in CHAOS? OMG!
:bang:

junny89

It’s finally here ! About time! Customs took ages in the UK and the process of paying the vat and duty with royal mail is a night mare!
My package came with the additional wireless charger which I had already secured and my bubbler! The bubbler is awesome can’t wait to get it going.
I love it so far, it’s on charge so my maiden flight will be later on. The look and feel it’s like a really high end device. Packaging is awesome too. It’s got some nice weight to it also.
Oh my basket doesn’t fit either. It’s too big. Emailed support and they are working on shipping replacements.
So far after reading everyone’s comments I'm quite excited to try this out and especially compare to my MV1.
I can already see it will be a pain to clean as everyone else has suggested. Even loading looks to be messy but I got a nice scoop From a vendor in USA so I’m sure I can just use that.
So far very happy it’s here and very impressed with what I have seen so far...question is does it perform!

jbm

What attempt are you referring to? They have and are continuing to ship these well functioning products to their customers. Am I misinterpreting?
As of a couple of weeks ago. Before that they were slipping ship dates, even delayed ones, with no communication or explanation. People like @Okla68, who were good enough to bug them and report back here, were often our only source of news. They announced the initial delay. People were disppointed but understanding. Delayed ship date came and went with no word. For a period of time after the delayed date passed no one was hearing ANYTHING from Airvape, there was no mention of the Legacy on their website save one deeply buried web page, and it really did look like we might have Ghost 2.0 on our hands, especially since so many businesses have failed as a result of the economic impacts of Covid, that it was not unreasonable to think that they may have gone under. And they started the "fling to stick" strategy: It's Covid! It's the Fulfillment Center of Doom! It's disappeared into a USPS black hole!

The attempt I referred to was your description of "this company’s attempt to put this product is the customers hand and satisfy preorder hunger with article and videos as best they can in this EXTREMELY NEW WORLD that we are dealing with." Yeah, they astroturfed fake reviews and articles by them as though they were from independent reviewers. Mary's Vapes, anyone?

I think there's a lot to fix in Legacy 2.0. The bowl and diffuser are ridiculously finicky. Weed all over the place, open to check the brown, chunks of weed stuck to the diffuser. Not very good at low temps. The gold mesh nipple shield they call the "microdosing basket" is functionally useless out of the box. So far I have not yet had a bowl with this where I've thought, "ah, yes."

Last edited:

Okla68

As of a couple of weeks ago. Before that they were slipping ship dates, even delayed ones, with no communication or explanation. People like @Okla68, who were good enough to bug them and report back here, were often our only source of news. They announced the initial delay. People were disppointed but understanding. Delayed ship date came and went with no word. For a period of time after the delayed date passed no one was hearing ANYTHING from Airvape, there was no mention of the Legacy on their website save one deeply buried web page, and it really did look like we might have Ghost 2.0 on our hands, especially since so many businesses have failed as a result of the economic impacts of Covid, that it was not unreasonable to think that they may have gone under. And they started the "fling to stick" strategy: It's Covid! It's the Fulfillment Center of Doom! It's disappeared into a USPS black hole!

The attempt I referred to was your description of "this company’s attempt to put this product is the customers hand and satisfy preorder hunger with article and videos as best they can in this EXTREMELY NEW WORLD that we are dealing with." Yeah, they astroturfed fake reviews and articles by them as though they were from independent reviewers. Mary's Vapes, anyone?

I think there's a lot to fix in Legacy 2.0. The bowl and diffuser are ridiculously finicky. Weed all over the place, open to check the brown, chunks of weed stuck to the diffuser. Not very good at low temps. The gold mesh nipple shield they call the "microdosing basket" is functionally useless out of the box. So far I have not yet had a bowl with this where I've thought, "ah, yes."
Ill have to Disagree about Not having a " ah yes" bowl...Had Dozens of them ! Had a few WTF also ! Ive got Whispy to damn near Combusted. Yes, the basket in current configuration is Worthless. (I dont Microdose anyway). After 2+ weeks with it, Ill give it a Solid Nine outta 10 ! Tried Session mode at 360, didnt care for it(get better results from OD!) Besides, WHY burn the battery if your Not Sucking on it, even if it Isnt cooking material due to Conduction. Why Waste the Battery ? I indulge by myself, so, have no worries about instructing others about when and how long to depress the button. Yes, it can be messy to load. It surprises me how well it works, even dirty. Numerous potential Clog points(It HASNT YET) to be aware of.
BOTTOM LINE....I LIKE IT, ALOT !!

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
Ill have to Disagree about Not having a " ah yes" bowl...Had Dozens of them ! Had a few WTF also ! Ive got Whispy to damn near Combusted. Yes, the basket in current configuration is Worthless. (I dont Microdose anyway). After 2+ weeks with it, Ill give it a Solid Nine outta 10 ! Tried Session mode at 360, didnt care for it(get better results from OD!) Besides, WHY burn the battery if your Not Sucking on it, even if it Isnt cooking material due to Conduction. Why Waste the Battery ? I indulge by myself, so, have no worries about instructing others about when and how long to depress the button. Yes, it can be messy to load. It surprises me how well it works, even dirty. Numerous potential Clog points(It HASNT YET) to be aware of.
BOTTOM LINE....I LIKE IT, ALOT !!
I guess I don’t mind the increased battery consumption because I ordered Samsung 3600mAh batteries and I already have a good external battery charger so battery life isn’t an issue, plus I’m usually not taking long breaks in between my hits (heavy tolerance and heavy vaper) to where I don’t want to have to push buttons and wait between hits. This thing does have a 60 second shut of if you put it down and don’t touch it, pretty cool feature. My preference is purely the convenience and consistency of session because battery level doesn’t matter. I will always have a charged one ready to go. Plus, I can easily take the battery out, without moving the air path one bit, and I can easily put in the battery without damage. Though I had to think about how to put it back in after a tiny, tiny tear in the black wrap that Airvape put on the 3000mAh Legacy battery. Hold the battery parallel to the unit and push down the bottom button/terminal in the battery chamber, then it slides right in.

I would give the device a 9/10 as well. One of the few reasons is the crevice around the oven and it’s not as easy, but just as possible, to get thick and tasty vapor from the Airvape Legacy as I can from the hybrid Airvape XS or X.

@jbm Oh right, I guess I did say “attempt” not the best words to choose on my end. I guess I meant it to be more directed to the “satisfy preorder hunger” because the attempts made were sketchy and vague. Although I was always confident with the product because of previous experience with Airvape products.
Bad wording on my end, I guess I was fogged and less concentrated on my wording from the “ah, yes” vapor moments this device is giving me.

I wouldn’t disagree with the Maryvapes review that was put up, even if it was from within the Apollo company. I was surprised when some other people of the other people on the forum uncovered that info.

Last edited:
Toivarita,

Toivarita

999 Forever
What model exactly? Beware that high capacity cells have a low discharge rate and might not be up to the task.
I emailed Airvape about this. It was supposed to come with 3600 mAh batteries so that’s why I got the other batteries in that capacity. Apparently, they (they said “we”.....people at Airvape??) were also surprised to see them with 3000 mAh batteries. CS said 3600 mAh is safe, as long as the battery is 18650. The batteries are Samsung 35E, all 4 of the batteries I got are working flawlessly with the vape. More charge too but not too needed with the convection vape. It seems to use a little less battery than conduction or hybrid.

Toivarita,

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Did anyine order / receive spare legacy batteries have they shipped?

Xclerk,

jerri

I noticed they are having a sale two hundred bucks even no cents that sounds like a game changer

jerri,

Okla68

I guess I don’t mind the increased battery consumption because I ordered Samsung 3600mAh batteries and I already have a good external battery charger so battery life isn’t an issue, plus I’m usually not taking long breaks in between my hits (heavy tolerance and heavy vaper) to where I don’t want to have to push and buttons and wait between hits. This thing does have a 60 second shut of if you put it down and don’t touch it, pretty cool feature. My preference is purely the convenience and consistency of session because battery level doesn’t matter. I will always have a charged one ready to go. Plus, I can easily take the battery out, without moving the air path one bit, and I can easily put in the battery without damage. Though I had to think about how to put it back in after a tiny, tiny tear in the black wrap that Airvape put on the 3000mAh Legacy battery. Hold the battery parallel to the unit and push down the bottom button/terminal in the battery chamber, then it slides right in.

I would give the device a 9/10 as well. One of the few reasons is the crevice around the oven and it’s not as easy, but just as possible, to get thick and tasty vapor from the Airvape Legacy as I can from the hybrid Airvape XS or X.

@jbm Oh right, I guess I did say “attempt” not the best words to choose on my end. I guess I meant it to be more directed to the “satisfy preorder hunger” because the attempts made were sketchy and vague. Although I was always confident with the product because of previous experience with Airvape products.
Bad wording on my end, I guess I was fogged and less concentrated on my wording from the “ah, yes” vapor moments this device is giving me.

I wouldn’t disagree with the Maryvapes review that was put up, even if it was from within the Apollo company. I was surprised when some other people of the other people on the forum uncovered that info.
You've brought up an interesting twist. I have such an aversion to the X sitting there( Love the X & XS) cooking while im not sucking idea is Deep. Thought into it, I wonder about the # of Clicks its getting during the day, off and on, hot and cool off as opposed to it being on 3, 5, 10 minutes at a stretch. The One time I tried it, seemed Weaker in its presentation...dont know why, unless holding the button goes beyond the temp you set, IDK !
Ill have to give it another go. I have half dozen 18650 batteries, from mods and extras I ordered when I tried the G43 from Vape Critic. It was just the IDEA of it being ON, LOL ! Dont know Why that effects me as I leave my Nano on for weeks at a time. Well, I did, have touched Nothing but the Legacy for the past 2 weeks !

Toivarita

999 Forever
You've brought up an interesting twist. I have such an aversion to the X sitting there( Love the X & XS) cooking while im not sucking idea is Deep. Thought into it, I wonder about the # of Clicks its getting during the day, off and on, hot and cool off as opposed to it being on 3, 5, 10 minutes at a stretch. The One time I tried it, seemed Weaker in its presentation...dont know why, unless holding the button goes beyond the temp you set, IDK !
Ill have to give it another go. I have half dozen 18650 batteries, from mods and extras I ordered when I tried the G43 from Vape Critic. It was just the IDEA of it being ON, LOL ! Dont know Why that effects me as I leave my Nano on for weeks at a time. Well, I did, have touched Nothing but the Legacy for the past 2 weeks !
Ive been dabbling with all my vapes, just less than usual(Starry, Miqro, Dynavap). I just really like the legacy’s smooth and good vapor. Keep trying session mode. I’ve noticed that how hard you inhale affects the vapor and charring more higher temps. Although I haven’t been going crazy on my temp experiments because I’m still getting used to pure convection vapes. I just especially use the other vapes when I’m going away from home I don’t want to take it out and risk dropping it or something.
Even though, I think this is pretty cool, I unboxed it at 10pm at night on an island on a small lake. It was dark but I used a light and was just too excited to wait. The battery was charged out of the box so I did a burn off session and then got to vaping.

One thing I noticed and haven’t mentioned, this vape doesn’t turn on with 4 clicks or 5 clicks, only 3 clicks will turn it on. The second thing I want to ask everyone is, have you guys taken off your display protectors? I thought I was scratching the actual screen with my fingernail and was surprised so I emailed CS and they said it’s a removable display protector. I decided to leave it on when I found out the hard display is underneath the plastic display protector and want to leave it nice and scratch less (unlike my scratch filled phone screen) for when I do take it of in the future.

Toivarita,

Okla68

Ive been dabbling with all my vapes, just less than usual(Starry, Miqro, Dynavap). I just really like the legacy’s smooth and good vapor. Keep trying session mode. I’ve noticed that how hard you inhale affects the vapor and charring more higher temps. Although I haven’t been going crazy on my temp experiments because I’m still getting used to pure convection vapes. I just especially use the other vapes when I’m going away from home I don’t want to take it out and risk dropping it or something.
Even though, I think this is pretty cool, I unboxed it at 10pm at night on an island on a small lake. It was dark but I used a light and was just too excited to wait. The battery was charged out of the box so I did a burn off session and then got to vaping.

One thing I noticed and haven’t mentioned, this vape doesn’t turn on with 4 clicks or 5 clicks, only 3 clicks will turn it on. The second thing I want to ask everyone is, have you guys taken off your display protectors? I thought I was scratching the actual screen with my fingernail and was surprised so I emailed CS and they said it’s a removable display protector. I decided to leave it on when I found out the hard display is underneath the plastic display protector and want to leave it nice and scratch less (unlike my scratch filled phone screen) for when I do take it of in the future.
LOL, I did the same...thought I had scratched the display and the more I messed with it, the worse it got...then realized it was a protective film...talk about a sigh of relief !

Okla68,

floribud

never scorched a load? I'm definintely convinced that Ghosts were manufactured differently. Mine never ceases to char everything and leave half of it green,.... unless I set it on red..... which is user definable. My one red is 290º and two reds at 310º. So I guess I agree with you. My MV1 never scorches on reds lol

LOL, I did the same...thought I had scratched the display and the more I messed with it, the worse it got...then realized it was a protective film...talk about a sigh of relief !

Just got mine out and touched the disply, Sure enough it has that soft plastic feel to. I guess I'll just leave the protector on until it looks so terrible that I can take it off and pretend I just got a new screen

Okla68

never scorched a load? I'm definintely convinced that Ghosts were manufactured differently. Mine never ceases to char everything and leave half of it green,.... unless I set it on red..... which is user definable. My one red is 290º and two reds at 310º. So I guess I agree with you. My MV1 never scorches on reds lol

Just got mine out and touched the disply, Sure enough it has that soft plastic feel to. I guess I'll just leave the protector on until it looks so terrible that I can take it off and pretend I just got a new screen
My MV1 quit scorching loads on Reds when I Blocked the large center hole in the Heatsink with a piece of Red Cedar. Leaving only the perimeter small holes clear. Evens out the air flow from the center to the surrounding edges. Neve have to Stir

Once I blocked the Center hole in the Heatsink with a piece of Red Cedar, leaving Only the surrounding small holes for air to pass thru, have Never charred another load with the MV1 even on 2 Reds where I Normally operate it !

Okla68,
Top Bottom