AirVape Legacy Pro

stocky

Not sure if the ALP's battery management has been mentioned. My ALP gets more out of my batteries than my TM or my Angus. In regular usage, I have to change the batts in the TM and Angus daily if not more. A battery in the ALP lasts for a couple of days.
I don't hate that!
Ive noticed the same. Tm2 eats batteries

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Not sure if the ALP's battery management has been mentioned. My ALP gets more out of my batteries than my TM or my Angus. In regular usage, I have to change the batts in the TM and Angus daily if not more. A battery in the ALP lasts for a couple of days.
I don't hate that!
Definitely battery life is a plus. Very happy with mine and it took me quite a while to figure out all the different ways it can be used because it's pretty versatile. It's accommodating to every grind type and packing style and does well with crumbled nugs to boot. Grinder optional.

Pretty darn good with hash and concentrates too.

Sign me up for the next iteration. I say replace the PEEK bends in the vapor path with ceramic and make those parts a little easier to clean and it'll be tough to beat. And that's notwithstanding any other possible improvements Airvape has up its sleeve. What sayeth thou @Gary-Airvape ? 😁

Last edited:

nightie

After using my Legacy Pro SE with caps, water bubbler and dosing tool since a few weeks I can say that I am very happy with my purchase, especially using it with the caps. I briefly showed a friend how it works and he ordered an SE with caps for himself the next day :D

Depending on my mood I vary between session and ondemand mode. Like a few others in this thread I also prefer to start with low temperatures which is important to get the best taste (137°C/278°F) and then gradually go up to 193°C/380°F to get as much as possible out of the flower. On a fresh fill the first cloud can sometimes be less visible so I’d often wait just a few seconds longer before taking a draw. This seems to depend on the flower quality and likely due to the capsule also needing time to heat up. For me the second draw often is the best with much more visible clouds and still great taste. After longer use in session mode the enclosure does get noticable warm but for me this is a feature, not an issue. Stirring is never needed and the end produce is evenly brown or black if you have set the temperature too high.

Water/Glass bubbler: I really enjoy the look and feel of the round cold glass mouthpiece and the sound it makes on drawing, but it does slightly reduce the amount of visible clouds. During use it is best to ensure that the two small holes inside are positioned so that they are at the bottom while drawing, otherwise it seems that it doesn't hold enough water in it. On the first draws a few drops of water will come out with it. I still like using it but it is not really needed. It does draw attention on use for sure because it does look very interesting.

Dosing tool: It really makes it easy to fill the caps and helps keeping fingers clean (no smelly fingers) and the hidden cleaning tool within can be used to clean the airpath between the chamber/glass tube and the path between glass tube/mouth piece opening. When cleaning It does kinda feel like it does scrape off too much inside so I haven't used it too much to clean the insides. With the caps there is barely any buildup anyway.

I would have some suggestions, but overall those are relatively minor things.
  • Include a short printed quick start and maintenance guide in the box with the product. (It says on the warranty registration page that the user guide is provided with the product, even though only a QR code that links to the website is included)
  • Get rid of single use plastics in the box (especially the foam)
  • Have the device come pre-burned in so that there is no initial robot fart taste, or include an initial burn in instruction into the manual (It does go away very quickly thankfully)
  • Increase the auto turn off 1 minute when no movement is detected to 2 or longer
  • Clearer indication on the display if the device starts/is in session or ondemand mode. (There were questions in this thread)
  • Easier way to switch between session or ondemand mode (I might do something wrong because it often fails to switch between the modes and I have to try pressing both buttons multiple time before it switches modes)
  • Make the integrated picking tool easier to hold and look less like a random scrap of metal
  • Customizable colors of the case/leather/fabric: allow users to select the colors on ordering.
  • Use softer fabric or fabric that doesn't feel so "dry" and scratchy to the touch, or replace it all together with a different material that can be easily cleaned.
  • The vibration motor kinda sounds like from a very cheap/old phone, either reduce the intensity or replace with something less cheap sounding
  • Flatten the bottom so that the device doesn't wobble on a table. While wobbling can be prevented by fully opening the lid it still feels unstable. Ideally it should still be comfortable to hold in hands while not wobbling on the desk if placed down.
  • Integrate Qi2 wireless charging with magnet alignment, as long as this wouldn't make the device much more heavy. There will be way more Qi2 wireless chargers around soon (15w power delivery/fast charging also would be possible but not needed).
  • Wireless charging power should stop when the battery is fully charged (It still feels warm to touch even hours after the battery is fully charged, this wastes energy and degrades the cell but this could be my charging pad)
  • At least on the SE version the brown plastic internal lid doesn't really match the look and feel of the metal around
  • Have 3rd parties check and certify that the device is fully safe for medical use, if there even are 3rd parties that test for this. Trusting the raw material companies is not enough.

Full redesign wishes:
  • Make it possible to have the device fully opened, repairable and cleanable by the user, especially the airpaths. This is currently the biggest weak point of the device I think.
  • Simplify the airpath so that less different material is in contact with the airpath.
  • Offer replacement parts for every part of the device.
  • Warn the user that the chamber and caps are still too hot to touch if the user opens up the lid shortly after use to prevent burned fingertips (OK this only happens once and then I’ve learned my lesson :lol:). This would require a “lid open” sensor.
  • Use different materials like ceramic/gorilla glass/titanium (special editions), and skip the leather.
  • Coming from the Firefly 2 I miss the ability to see the vaping chamber while vaping, or at least seeing the glowing from the heating unit while drawing. This might not be possible to integrate since it may worsen the great heating performance.
  • Bluetooth LE connectivity that is fully disabled by default to offer firmware updates, finegrain control.
Caps/Accessories:
  • Include one “starter” cap in the box.
  • Make the caps slightly larger and/or rippled on the sides so that they are easier to hold and fill.
  • Magnetize the caps or integrate magnet into the vape chamber sides so that the caps don't fall out of the device that easily (Not sure if possible since heat removes magnetism over time).
  • Always offer accessory bundles (slightly reduce price than when purchasing the items individually).
  • Water bubbler: Add filling/cleaning instructions.

Very very minor issues with my device, I wouldn’t replace it due to these since it doesn’t affect how the device works at all:
  • The wireless charging emblem on the bottom is off center in both axis.
  • The fake leather at the bottom air intake is not evenly aligned and smudges very easily when it gets in contact with iso (happened for me while cleaning)
  • The stitching of the fake leather is already frizzing after light use
  • The fabric at the lid has an uneven bump at one round corner but I was able to mostly push it in with my fingernail
  • The flat airvape logo on top of the lid is very slightly sticking out to the side to the mouthpiece where the device is rounded off (more feel than visual)

Conspiracy stuff:
  • I might be totally off on this but it seems that the heating unit inside seems to turn on and off in slow cycles similar to a ceran cooking field where it is fully on for a few seconds, fully off for a few seconds and then turns on again etc. to control the temperature. It would be cool if it could do this with much faster switching to ensure that the temperature matches closer to what is set and wouldn't overshoot (PWM?).

So in total I am very happy with my AVLP and looking forward what will come next :)

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
After using my Legacy Pro SE with caps, water bubbler and dosing tool since a few weeks I can say that I am very happy with my purchase, especially using it with the caps. I briefly showed a friend how it works and he ordered an SE with caps for himself the next day :D

Depending on my mood I vary between session and ondemand mode. Like a few others in this thread I also prefer to start with low temperatures which is important to get the best taste (137°C/278°F) and then gradually go up to 193°C/380°F to get as much as possible out of the flower. On a fresh fill the first cloud can sometimes be less visible so I’d often wait just a few seconds longer before taking a draw. This seems to depend on the flower quality and likely due to the capsule also needing time to heat up. For me the second draw often is the best with much more visible clouds and still great taste. After longer use in session mode the enclosure does get noticable warm but for me this is a feature, not an issue. Stirring is never needed and the end produce is evenly brown or black if you have set the temperature too high.

Water/Glass bubbler: I really enjoy the look and feel of the round cold glass mouthpiece and the sound it makes on drawing, but it does slightly reduce the amount of visible clouds. During use it is best to ensure that the two small holes inside are positioned so that they are at the bottom while drawing, otherwise it seems that it doesn't hold enough water in it. On the first draws a few drops of water will come out with it. I still like using it but it is not really needed. It does draw attention on use for sure because it does look very interesting.

Dosing tool: It really makes it easy to fill the caps and helps keeping fingers clean (no smelly fingers) and the hidden cleaning tool within can be used to clean the airpath between the chamber/glass tube and the path between glass tube/mouth piece opening. When cleaning It does kinda feel like it does scrape off too much inside so I haven't used it too much to clean the insides. With the caps there is barely any buildup anyway.

I would have some suggestions, but overall those are relatively minor things.
  • Include a short printed quick start and maintenance guide in the box with the product. (It says on the warranty registration page that the user guide is provided with the product, even though only a QR code that links to the website is included)
  • Get rid of single use plastics in the box (especially the foam)
  • Have the device come pre-burned in so that there is no initial robot fart taste, or include an initial burn in instruction into the manual (It does go away very quickly thankfully)
  • Increase the auto turn off 1 minute when no movement is detected to 2 or longer
  • Clearer indication on the display if the device starts/is in session or ondemand mode. (There were questions in this thread)
  • Easier way to switch between session or ondemand mode (I might do something wrong because it often fails to switch between the modes and I have to try pressing both buttons multiple time before it switches modes)
  • Make the integrated picking tool easier to hold and look less like a random scrap of metal
  • Customizable colors of the case/leather/fabric: allow users to select the colors on ordering.
  • Use softer fabric or fabric that doesn't feel so "dry" and scratchy to the touch, or replace it all together with a different material that can be easily cleaned.
  • The vibration motor kinda sounds like from a very cheap/old phone, either reduce the intensity or replace with something less cheap sounding
  • Flatten the bottom so that the device doesn't wobble on a table. While wobbling can be prevented by fully opening the lid it still feels unstable. Ideally it should still be comfortable to hold in hands while not wobbling on the desk if placed down.
  • Integrate Qi2 wireless charging with magnet alignment, as long as this wouldn't make the device much more heavy. There will be way more Qi2 wireless chargers around soon (15w power delivery/fast charging also would be possible but not needed).
  • Wireless charging power should stop when the battery is fully charged (It still feels warm to touch even hours after the battery is fully charged, this wastes energy and degrades the cell but this could be my charging pad)
  • At least on the SE version the brown plastic internal lid doesn't really match the look and feel of the metal around
  • Have 3rd parties check and certify that the device is fully safe for medical use, if there even are 3rd parties that test for this. Trusting the raw material companies is not enough.

Full redesign wishes:
  • Make it possible to have the device fully opened, repairable and cleanable by the user, especially the airpaths. This is currently the biggest weak point of the device I think.
  • Simplify the airpath so that less different material is in contact with the airpath.
  • Offer replacement parts for every part of the device.
  • Warn the user that the chamber and caps are still too hot to touch if the user opens up the lid shortly after use to prevent burned fingertips (OK this only happens once and then I’ve learned my lesson :lol:). This would require a “lid open” sensor.
  • Use different materials like ceramic/gorilla glass/titanium (special editions), and skip the leather.
  • Coming from the Firefly 2 I miss the ability to see the vaping chamber while vaping, or at least seeing the glowing from the heating unit while drawing. This might not be possible to integrate since it may worsen the great heating performance.
  • Bluetooth LE connectivity that is fully disabled by default to offer firmware updates, finegrain control.
Caps/Accessories:
  • Include one “starter” cap in the box.
  • Make the caps slightly larger and/or rippled on the sides so that they are easier to hold and fill.
  • Magnetize the caps or integrate magnet into the vape chamber sides so that the caps don't fall out of the device that easily (Not sure if possible since heat removes magnetism over time).
  • Always offer accessory bundles (slightly reduce price than when purchasing the items individually).
  • Water bubbler: Add filling/cleaning instructions.

Very very minor issues with my device, I wouldn’t replace it due to these since it doesn’t affect how the device works at all:
  • The wireless charging emblem on the bottom is off center in both axis.
  • The fake leather at the bottom air intake is not evenly aligned and smudges very easily when it gets in contact with iso (happened for me while cleaning)
  • The stitching of the fake leather is already frizzing after light use
  • The fabric at the lid has an uneven bump at one round corner but I was able to mostly push it in with my fingernail
  • The flat airvape logo on top of the lid is very slightly sticking out to the side to the mouthpiece where the device is rounded off (more feel than visual)

Conspiracy stuff:
  • I might be totally off on this but it seems that the heating unit inside seems to turn on and off in slow cycles similar to a ceran cooking field where it is fully on for a few seconds, fully off for a few seconds and then turns on again etc. to control the temperature. It would be cool if it could do this with much faster switching to ensure that the temperature matches closer to what is set and wouldn't overshoot (PWM?).

So in total I am very happy with my AVLP and looking forward what will come next :)
Thanks for the feedback. I Highly appreciate it!

We are working on the V2 model; some things are already on our list. Cleaning will be easy, materials will be better, timer off, color options and so on. There are some suggestions we can't do, but keep them in mind. We are simplifying the next version, so BT will not be added;)

I will visit the factory soon and confirm some updates in February.
Happy New Year, Fam.
Gary

RxPlorer

We are working on the V2 model; some things are already on our list. Cleaning will be easy, materials will be better, timer off, color options and so on. There are some suggestions we can't do, but keep them in mind. We are simplifying the next version, so BT will not be added;)

Happy New Year, Fam.
Gary
Gary thanks for the information. I REALLY think the engineers should add an option to offset or calibrate the temperature sensors, and please consider making the firmware upgradable over USB -C. No bluetooth needed.

Thanks for making such a great device and accessories and for taking good care of your customers!

ondemander

Happy New Year, Fam.
Gary
Please increase the airflow and provide a better WPA from the drop. I love the taste and dosing capsule.

yohonomo

Whatever you do, please do not change the dosing capsules! :D

They fit in my S&B Mighty+ and I can use them in my Tinymight 2 as well!

So with the AVLP SE they fit all of my top three portable vapes. They are the embodiement of perfection.:love:

sickmanfraud

What temps are you using with the caps?

Can you safely use wax mode with a capsule?
the gold AVLP caps taste better than ss or alu, and work at least as well as the s & b in the TM2 oven trapped w/ any stem, and the gold sheds avb like teflon, and way easier to clean and reload w/tool than caps w/more cylindrical shape. Wider thinner puck of herb extracts better.

I like the idea of loading capsules ahead of time and just using whichever vape suits my fancy at the moment.

budski

cantre member
I don't usually go past 420* or so and often start low 320*. I have better options for concentrate, however; I found a hack to keep the gooeys outta the the oven, take the disc off the lid, drop it in the oven so the threaded part is up, use that as a concentrate cup in wax mode 460*, don't tip it to keep it in the cup. Not real efficient but way cleaner

Last edited:

Nobody

ok well damn my units are here, do i need to clean it before 1st use? burnoffs? battery seems fully charged.

edit:
1st impression i love it, seems solid and compact.
started a max temp burnoff, getting a just hint of robot fart now.
3d burnoff now, still smelly and unfortunately loose MP. apparently the EU shop is out, hopefully they get some along with caps soon.
4th, here's hoping the smell of baked plastic subsides.
5th and still unusable with the plastic smell, i'll give it a rest until i cut a 16mm mesh and finish my vapmap hash session.
9th still stinks, and wow it's a bit of a job to open the cover... not easy at all, i can imagine herbs flying everywhere from the effort.
11 heat cycles in i think the burnt plastic smell is starting to dissipate.

after 13 burnoffs and ISO wipe. i decided to vape bowl, the effects and vapor production are nice but i think the PEEK part around the bowl still smells a bit.
the heater, oven and microdosing disk are impressive bits of engineering, <3 the flat MP too but i'd like a round option too.
great performer ondemand! still has plastic hints but the cooking flavor seems promising.
does anyone have any tips for opening the door? the extremely small narrow cutout there kinda hurts my fingers...

@Gary-Airvape i would rather have a more solid bottom, mine has a light leak on the bottom near the power button, and flexes underneath the USB charging port which i now notice is a bit crooked.

hmm could a wood cover be used on the bottom instead of plastic in the future?
or perhaps a bit thicker plastic and a different door design like:
lower 1/3 covering the oven segment (current metal) with bottom retention clip, hinge, upper 2/3 same as plastic bottom with direct access to airpath and cell with top retention clip.

11- Heating cycles and it still smells like burnt plastic? Is this a common problem? If so, then that's a deal killer for me.

Nobody,

seedy53

11- Heating cycles and it still smells like burnt plastic? Is this a common problem? If so, then that's a deal killer for me.
there is no plastic to burn. clean it and do 3 empty bowl burn outs for 5 min each then clean it again then do a single 3 min burnout.
all burn-outs are done empty bowl at max heat setting 464f. recharge or change battery and you should be ready to go.
even if you already did burn outs before, try this method step-by-step-should fix it.

Okla68

Wow....I have noticed NONE of these...not with the Original Legacy nor the Pro !
Having a hardtime getting the door open...like ...wtf ?

Okla68,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Wow....I have noticed NONE of these...not with the Original Legacy nor the Pro !
Having a hardtime getting the door open...like ...wtf ?
push and hold door closed as you try to release by the door's catch latch- should open fine.

seedy53,

seedy53

door latch starts out stiff so it lasts awhile before getting too worn
battery door, yes, i broke-off it's latch.
the main door latch or some call it the Oven door, i've never had a problem with yet. had it for 1.5 years on OG model, 9 months on steampunk.

seedy53,
Reactions: Okla68

imor jones

My steampunk alp was smelling a bit for a while. But just when i was sniffing at the batterie compartment. It dissappearded after a while. The airpath it self had no robot fart smell.
My og alp was much less smelling...

Adobewan

I'm sensitive to smells from vapes and have returned a few. I'm thankful my ALP has been clean and clear from the get go.
You may have gotten a defective unit, I'd look into an exchange.
Best of luck.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
I'm surprised; It should not have a robot fart smell after 1-2 empty runs... burned plastic? no way, it has no plastic, just peek( comes from NASA, rocket science ;) ). We capped the temp way under its limit. Make sure you will never burn anything...
Here is what I suggest: contact cs@airvapeusa.eu, and they will fix this for you.
ok well damn my units are here, do i need to clean it before 1st use? burnoffs? battery seems fully charged.

edit:
1st impression i love it, seems solid and compact.
started a max temp burnoff, getting a just hint of robot fart now.
3d burnoff now, still smelly and unfortunately loose MP. apparently the EU shop is out, hopefully they get some along with caps soon.
4th, here's hoping the smell of baked plastic subsides.
5th and still unusable with the plastic smell, i'll give it a rest until i cut a 16mm mesh and finish my vapmap hash session.
9th still stinks, and wow it's a bit of a job to open the cover... not easy at all, i can imagine herbs flying everywhere from the effort.
11 heat cycles in i think the burnt plastic smell is starting to dissipate.

after 13 burnoffs and ISO wipe. i decided to vape bowl, the effects and vapor production are nice but i think the PEEK part around the bowl still smells a bit.
the heater, oven and microdosing disk are impressive bits of engineering, <3 the flat MP too but i'd like a round option too.
great performer ondemand! still has plastic hints but the cooking flavor seems promising.
does anyone have any tips for opening the door? the extremely small narrow cutout there kinda hurts my fingers...

@Gary-Airvape i would rather have a more solid bottom, mine has a light leak on the bottom near the power button, and flexes underneath the USB charging port which i now notice is a bit crooked.

hmm could a wood cover be used on the bottom instead of plastic in the future?
or perhaps a bit thicker plastic and a different door design like:
lower 1/3 covering the oven segment (current metal) with bottom retention clip, hinge, upper 2/3 same as plastic bottom with direct access to airpath and cell with top retention clip.

Top Bottom