AirVape Legacy Pro

MagnumMafia05

@Gary-Airvape

Is there a place we can buy a replacement door for outside of the unit? My door is loose by the hinges and the bottom side sits up a tad so I have to press down on it to not have air get sucked into the bowl area.

Otherwise I'll wait and do the upgrade when the new one comes out.

Last edited:
MagnumMafia05,
Reactions: RxPlorer

kokolokokolokon

the door bottom side is not flash. we don't sell the door separately. I would suggest to wait for the next one, it will be good;)
Do you know if airvape will do a special offer for the ones who have the legacy pro? (i remember you told us it is planned for the end of the year)

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: seedy53

stocky

So i need help with my avlp now.

Was just cleaning it with a presoak cue tip. Stuck it in the corner pocket and came out just the stem. The entire cotton part got ripped off inside and after trying countless brushes/pipe cleaner/soaking/ burning it max temp I for the life of me cannot get this glumped cotton stuck to the back of my corner pocket hole out now which means I cant use it unless I wanna vape que tip.

Just order new parts for it and now its bricked until i solve this problem. I gotta go back to my potv one until I fix this. any suggestions?

stocky,

Adobewan

Was just cleaning it with a presoak cue tip. Stuck it in the corner pocket and came out just the stem. The entire cotton part got ripped off inside and after trying countless brushes/pipe cleaner/soaking/ burning it max temp I for the life of me cannot get this glumped cotton stuck to the back of my corner pocket hole out now which means I cant use it unless I wanna vape que tip.

Just order new parts for it and now its bricked until i solve this problem. I gotta go back to my potv one until I fix this. any suggestions?
Consider tweezers, or take a needle or pin and bend the end to create a small hook. You may be able to dig it out with that.
Good luck!

seedy53

use a malable piece of wire like solid copper power wire bend as need or use dental picks need pictures. 14ga..wire should work
i warned people about using cheap q-tips .
get the airvape's loading/cleaning tool, or use prox. dental brushes wide or Japanese baby q-tips.
someone fixed this same issue about 8 months ago in this sub. which side is it stuck on?

The super stiff pipe cleaners , compressed air and blow it out, make sure cotton is wet with iso. a long paper clip.
let us know if anything worked then we need to archive the fix directions. i can't remember or find where it was fix long ago in FC\

a long hooked needle bent slightly

I FOUND the fix thread to help.

UPDATE on the piece of cotton stuck in my legacy pro ...

I was able to get the cotton out!

I first ran a couple of sessions (like doing the original turn-offs) ... I figured the cotton had resin on it and I hoped warming things up would help loosen the resin grip.

I removed the little gold side screen and gasket (along with the battery and glass tube) and used a curved syringe to push iso into the side hole. I pushed a little in at first and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then pushed more iso in after that. it will spill some and also drains out of the hole leading to the glass tube so keep a lot of paper towels handy! I also pushed iso in from the glass tube hole.

I then used a pic tool (one of buds pick tools from back in the day) that I bent the tip up on and used that to grab hold of the cotton and after a while of messing around I finally retrieved the cotton! I let it dry for a couple of hours before I put the battery back in and fired it up ... and now it works great!

here is the curved syringe I used and the problem piece of cotton!

syringe.jpg

NOTE: airvape customer service suggested I use tiny tweezers used for crafting and I think that would work if you used them as soon as the cotton comes off the q-tip ... however since I messed with a bunch before it was shoved too far up in the unit to grab with tiny tweezers.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
That is certainly a pain in the ass...to say the least. Especially when your hands do not work. I love my Alp but, as time goes by...I find it more difficult for myself. Anyway, that has happened to me and with just long things I stuck up in there in hopes of getting it all out. The damn thing is dirty as hell but, its just a big pain.

seedy53

That is certainly a pain in the ass...to say the least. Especially when your hands do not work. I love my Alp but, as time goes by...I find it more difficult for myself. Anyway, that has happened to me and with just long things I stuck up in there in hopes of getting it all out. The damn thing is dirty as hell but, its just a big pain.
i have crippled hand and because i never let my unit get real dirty and i bought and use them every 2 weeks and charge out my glass tube with every battery change but i wipe down my unit's oven and screens. it really ain't that bad. hell i got 2 units to maintain, lately just use one. i can't use the v1 or v2 caps. i make weed pucks instead

seedy53,

Andjoe

i have crippled hand and because i never let my unit get real dirty and i bought and use them every 2 weeks and charge out my glass tube with every battery change but i wipe down my unit's oven and screens. it really ain't that bad. hell i got 2 units to maintain, lately just use one. i can't use the v1 or v2 caps. i make weed pucks instead
What puck-maker do you use @seedy53?

Andjoe,

MislavKO

What difference does it make when you use a brick? Does it extract more evenly or is it just easier to reload?
Could you just tamp it down in the bowl to get the same results?

MislavKO,

seedy53

What difference does it make when you use a brick? Does it extract more evenly or is it just easier to reload?
Could you just tamp it down in the bowl to get the same results?
nope you'll fuck up your oven and clog the airholes

seedy53,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
best buy 6.99 plus freight
https://www.smoke6.com/products/brick-builder-for-storz-bickel-mighty-crafty-mighty

or
Thanks! I've long been considering this but I just ordered the new capsules (on the way) and I figure I could just pack the capsules tightly to achieve the same effect? Maybe I won't pull the trigger on the brick builder just yet.

It'd be easier to do since the capsules are separate from the unit and I won't have to worry about clogging the main oven I figure. Anyone try this yet?

TigoleBitties,

seedy53

Thanks! I've long been considering this but I just ordered the new capsules (on the way) and I figure I could just pack the capsules tightly to achieve the same effect? Maybe I won't pull the trigger on the brick builder just yet.

It'd be easier to do since the capsules are separate from the unit and I won't have to worry about clogging the main oven I figure. Anyone try this yet?
all my work to provide this 7 dollar tool, i feel special.:razz:

stocky

use a malable piece of wire like solid copper power wire bend as need or use dental picks need pictures. 14ga..wire should work
i warned people about using cheap q-tips .
get the airvape's loading/cleaning tool, or use prox. dental brushes wide or Japanese baby q-tips.
someone fixed this same issue about 8 months ago in this sub. which side is it stuck on?

The super stiff pipe cleaners , compressed air and blow it out, make sure cotton is wet with iso. a long paper clip.
let us know if anything worked then we need to archive the fix directions. i can't remember or find where it was fix long ago in FC\

a long hooked needle bent slightly

I FOUND the fix thread to help.
thank you, this is exactly my issue. I've jammed the cotton all the way in the back where i cant even see it. I'll try finding some wire today as that seems my best bet

stocky,

seedy53

thank you, this is exactly my issue. I've jammed the cotton all the way in the back where i cant even see it. I'll try finding some wire today as that seems my best bet
UPDATE on the piece of cotton stuck in my legacy pro ...

I was able to get the cotton out!

I first ran a couple of sessions (like doing the original turn-offs) ... I figured the cotton had resin on it and I hoped warming things up would help loosen the resin grip.

I removed the little gold side screen and gasket (along with the battery and glass tube) and used a curved syringe to push iso into the side hole. I pushed a little in at first and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then pushed more iso in after that. it will spill some and also drains out of the hole leading to the glass tube so keep a lot of paper towels handy! I also pushed iso in from the glass tube hole.

I then used a pic tool (one of buds pick tools from back in the day) that I bent the tip up on and used that to grab hold of the cotton and after a while of messing around I finally retrieved the cotton! I let it dry for a couple of hours before I put the battery back in and fired it up ... and now it works great!

here is the curved syringe I used and the problem piece of cotton!

syringe.jpg

NOTE: airvape customer service suggested I use tiny tweezers used for crafting and I think that would work if you used them as soon as the cotton comes off the q-tip ... however since I messed with a bunch before it was shoved too far up in the unit to grab with tiny tweezers.

or get a can of compressed air warm the unit it up first and squirt some iso in the hole let it soak for 15 sec and try to make a air tight hole when you insert the nozzle into the hole and let it blow it out or use a pipe cleaner to push it out from the opposite end.

Last edited:
seedy53,

stocky

update*

still trying to get it. Found some wire and hooked the end but only able to pull small pieces of it. trying to soak in iso + heat up

stocky,
Top Bottom