AirVape Legacy Pro

felvapes

i don't, anymore.
I got $36 of caps, i will not use.
they were a waste of money and wish i could return them and wait for the next version.
My opinion and several others here, think they are need of an overhaul too.
Opinions, information, and personal experiences is what this sub is about.
Why tell me the obvious, "do not use them?" i'm fucking 70 yr old woman, not a kid.
Irritating.
It's funny how people speak
They say everyone has an opinion - but if yours is different to theirs that you should just put up or shut up (and talk to you like shit in the process)

"Enjoy them like I do or shut up"

I don't understand the opposition to improvements regardless of if you enjoy them or not
They aren't saying "that idea will make them worse"
They are saying "I like them so you should too or shut up about it"

But like them or not - it's evident that it produces less vapour with the caps, especially at full temp, and I see no reason to oppose suggestions to make them perform closer to how the ALP does usually
Who is that hurting?

Sorry for leaving my input
I seem to have upset people
I will leave the thread again, I genuinely don't come here to be involved in drama

Happy vaping everybody

greenpager

I direct this message to those persons in N. Am. who purchased dosing capsules that, while not defective, are destined nevertheless to sit unused (dexterity issues, insurmountable disappointment in design, "other"). Maybe you discovered that the subsequent reduction in oven volume or airflow is more than you can abide. Mayhap you already have pledged your troth to the next version (DC v.2) and cannot but reject the chubbywalled yet functional (meaning, for purposes of this post, that lid is neither domed nor turreted) dosing capsules currently in your possession...and more than 15 days have passed since purchase.

Sorry for your situation ... and quite possibly interested in helping to relieve or lessen the weight of the burden you bear. Why endure the silent mocking contempt from said capsules when you can unload them and recover some portion of the resources you invested in the unfortunate purchase? Maybe I can help. PM me. ; )

Admin/Mods, if the preceding runs afoul of rules for this forum/thread, please delete with my apologies.

Last edited:

Sprocket

Been using the capsules for a few days now and have some unoriginal thoughts:

***please excuse grammar and clarity. am high***
Loading them seems unnecessarily tedious. The size and shape make them difficult to hold as-is but then you have to try to thread the lid back on. Long story short it’s an anxiety and arthritis inducing experience.

I can easily and semi-quickly empty and reload a bowl while high; I cannot quickly or easily empty or fill a dc while high at all.

I removed the microdosing wheel and haven’t experienced any decrease in airflow.

The decreased volume is noticeable but it’s so easy to swap out another dc the trade-off is kind of worth it.

They’re beautiful and very well made (all of mine open and close) and overall I’d rather have them than not but it’s hard to not be disappointed in the experience. I would definitely rather have the dc’s than not - using the ALVP is just such an easier experience now that a session just requires popping out the used capsule and dropping in a new one and repeat, but having to sit there and empty and refill every one of the frustrating little turds almost sucks more than dealing with a messy vape.

I guess the real test is to see whether I’m still using them in six months.

Sue Narmy

Been using the capsules for a few days now and have some unoriginal thoughts:

***please excuse grammar and clarity. am high***
Loading them seems unnecessarily tedious. The size and shape make them difficult to hold as-is but then you have to try to thread the lid back on. Long story short it’s an anxiety and arthritis inducing experience.

I can easily and semi-quickly empty and reload a bowl while high; I cannot quickly or easily empty or fill a dc while high at all.

I removed the microdosing wheel and haven’t experienced any decrease in airflow.

The decreased volume is noticeable but it’s so easy to swap out another dc the trade-off is kind of worth it.

They’re beautiful and very well made (all of mine open and close) and overall I’d rather have them than not but it’s hard to not be disappointed in the experience. I would definitely rather have the dc’s than not - using the ALVP is just such an easier experience now that a session just requires popping out the used capsule and dropping in a new one and repeat, but having to sit there and empty and refill every one of the frustrating little turds almost sucks more than dealing with a messy vape.

I guess the real test is to see whether I’m still using them in six months.

Yes!!!!!! I totally agree with you.
I bought 4 packs and it took me over 2 hours to fill them.
Like You said, use one then when it’s spent you take it out, pop in another one and you’re good to go.

I’m not looking forward to re filling them but it’s worth the sacrifice as I seriously love using them.
I’m definitely going to order some more when they sort out the problem with the threading.

Okla68

Yes!!!!!! I totally agree with you.
I bought 4 packs and it took me over 2 hours to fill them.
Like You said, use one then when it’s spent you take it out, pop in another one and you’re good to go.

I’m not looking forward to re filling them but it’s worth the sacrifice as I seriously love using them.
I’m definitely going to order some more when they sort out the problem with the threading.
Wow...4 paks...24 tedious threading and unthreading. You are Seriously Tough, lol !
I also use all of mine, but, cant imagine trying to keepup with that many. Would be afraid of mixing them up, wrong lid with wrong base. Seems I start to stress if I get more than 3 dirty at once, lol.
In some ways I Love them, in others, Not So Much !
I also look forward to a new and Improved batch. And....If Apollo would exchange the OG for the New Improved ones at a Decent DISCOUNT rate, like 50% for those of us who did their REAL LIFE TESTING of the OG's for them !!!
And if I think back, FC seemed to do the REAL LIFE TESTING for the PRO with all the Basket modifications and Other Recommendations.
IMO, the Legacy/Pro owe quite a Lot of their current development design to FC being used as a LIVE TESTING GROUP !
I remember waiting 5 1/2 months for the release of the OG Legacy After Paying for it !

tanksndudes

Seriously? Just don't tighten them down? That's your answer? 🙄

I have atleast used a x.xx scale and I can tell you without assuming it's not 10%. Max I have had in my ALP without a cap is 2.5g. Same bud same grind in a cap.. 1.5g. That isn't close to your guess.

How is the current design better than mesh? Explain this? Seems like another assumption.
How the heck are you shoving 2.5 grams of flower into that chamber? I think your scale might be off.

greenpager

serious question...

why is it taking some of you hours to fill dosing caps?

where is the delay?
+1

After removing lids, I replace capsules in paper tray before filling with a folded business card or the funnel that came with another device. The threads pose a challenge, but the entire process takes 20 minutes. 🤷🏿‍♀️

greenpager,

vandalizedbythelotus

@kapows and @greenpager people already explained multiple times why. and not everyone is a 20yo with perfect vision and fine motor control.

edit: it's a tiny slippery thing, with too fine threading. that's why other successful vape manufacturers adopted the more convenient, reliable and lower tolerance snap-on system instead of threads.

Last edited:

someTooL

I direct this message to those persons in N. Am. who purchased dosing capsules that, while not defective, are destined nevertheless to sit unused (dexterity issues, insurmountable disappointment in design, "other"). Maybe you discovered that the subsequent reduction in oven volume or airflow is more than you can abide. Mayhap you already have pledged your troth to the next version (DC v.2) and cannot but reject the chubbywalled yet functional (meaning, for purposes of this post, that lid is neither domed nor turreted) dosing capsules currently in your possession...and more than 15 days have passed since purchase.

Sorry for your situation ... and quite possibly interested in helping to relieve or lessen the weight of the burden you bear. Why endure the silent mocking contempt from said capsules when you can unload them and recover some portion of the resources you invested in the unfortunate purchase? Maybe I can help. PM me. ; )

Admin/Mods, if the preceding runs afoul of rules for this forum/thread, please delete with my apologies.
Not hard feelings what so ever. Great device and enjoyed my limited time getting to know it. Stop on by if you like :tup:

greenpager

@kapows and @greenpager people already explained multiple times why. and not everyone is a 20yo with perfect vision and fine motor control.

edit: it's a tiny slippery thing, with too fine threading. that's why other successful vape manufacturers adopted the more convenient, reliable and lower tolerance snap-on system instead of threads.
😮🤩 closest anyone has come to mistaking me for 20yo in a minute lol

(eyes glazed, she wanders away, post forgotten as she decides which kid will roll eyes the least)

kapows

Lets be logical about this. I am truly curious as to why or how someone spends 2 hours loading a few dosing caps.

Age has nothing to do with it.
Disease may have something to do with it and diseases affect all ages.

So now that we have that out of the way, someone willing to talk through this 2 hour process for me so i may imagine it in my mind or better yet take a video?

I am so genuinely interested.

Just to give you an idea, when i used to fill dosing caps, mesh buckets, i lay out the flower in a tray and scoop it up, use the finger as the shovel, tamp it down and onto the next.

Better yet, storz bicks have a nice set up for loading that can be used with a little adjustment to the way its used for certain other vapes.

Ive even used cardboard to make my own contraptions, like being able to hold multiple caps and using the cardboard as a kind of scooper.

So these are just things i use to reduce my overall time spent on such things. They may take that little bit long to make or purchase, but they save so much time in the long run.

Hence my curiosity about the 2 hour process...

felvapes

Lets be logical about this. I am truly curious as to why or how someone spends 2 hours loading a few dosing caps.

Age has nothing to do with it.
Disease may have something to do with it and diseases affect all ages.

So now that we have that out of the way, someone willing to talk through this 2 hour process for me so i may imagine it in my mind or better yet take a video?

I am so genuinely interested.

Just to give you an idea, when i used to fill dosing caps, mesh buckets, i lay out the flower in a tray and scoop it up, use the finger as the shovel, tamp it down and onto the next.

Better yet, storz bicks have a nice set up for loading that can be used with a little adjustment to the way its used for certain other vapes.

Ive even used cardboard to make my own contraptions, like being able to hold multiple caps and using the cardboard as a kind of scooper.

So these are just things i use to reduce my overall time spent on such things. They may take that little bit long to make or purchase, but they save so much time in the long run.

Hence my curiosity about the 2 hour process...
Didn't you say you take 20 mins to load yours?

I am pretty sure the person who said it takes over an hour mentioned they were loading more than one set of caps
20mins x3 equals an hour already and that's without any extra difficulties some people may live with

I used to be able to load 8 mighty caps in 5 mins and I never had the loading tool
Same with my HR caps
The ALP caps should be no different imo

Why is everyone that likes their caps so against them being improved
If you like them now, imagine how much more you will love them if they perform better .....

I dont understand all the animosity in here tbh

After drilling the bottom out they work okay and are easy to load/unload because the lid stays on
They are still a bit small though

Last edited:

kapows

Didn't you say you take 20 mins to load yours?

I am pretty sure the person who said it takes over an hour mentioned they were loading more than one set of caps
20mins x3 equals an hour already and that's without any extra difficulties some people may live with

I used to be able to load 8 mighty caps in 5 mins and I never had the loading tool
Same with my HR caps
The ALP caps should be no different imo

Why is everyone that likes their caps so against them being improved
If you like them now, imagine how much more you will love them if they perform better .....

I dont understand all the animosity in here tbh

After drilling the bottom out they work okay and are easy to load/unload because the lid stays on
They are still a bit small though
No i didnt say it takes me 20 mins. I dont own avlp caps. I have owned other caps and they dont take 20 mins either.

There is no animosity here and i dont believe there are individuals that are opposed to positive change via feedback.

As mentioned a number of times and no one can answer accordingly yet is, im interested to know what steps are being taken to turn it into a 2 hour jobbo. Frankly, i am of the belief that its user error and not the caps causing 2 hour load times and individuals need to be a lil open minded to try different methods instead of doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Can the caps be improved sure, but work smarter with what you have whilst you wait for improvements.

MagnumMafia05

No i didnt say it takes me 20 mins. I dont own avlp caps. I have owned other caps and they dont take 20 mins either.

There is no animosity here and i dont believe there are individuals that are opposed to positive change via feedback.

As mentioned a number of times and no one can answer accordingly yet is, im interested to know what steps are being taken to turn it into a 2 hour jobbo. Frankly, i am of the belief that its user error and not the caps causing 2 hour load times and individuals need to be a lil open minded to try different methods instead of doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Can the caps be improved sure, but work smarter with what you have whilst you wait for improvements.

You don't own the caps!?! Might as well skip your posts about the caps.

felvapes

I am sorry I confused you with someone else who gave a positive review but said it takes them 20mins to load one set
The post is still there though

Yea, I do work smarter with what I have
I drilled the bottom out, got them to perform better and leave the lid on now as I pack through the bottom open hole - emptied and loaded in no time and they work
They still need to be bigger and improved

There's lots of animosity in here and it is mostly unwarranted and many people are vocally opposed to the caps being improved
As mentioned above, I was under the impression you had some caps
As you don't, we can probably skip your input on them for now

Top Bottom