AirVape Legacy Pro

RxPlorer

I can still get plenty of vapor with the dosing capsules at 340-360F. I don’t notice a change in flavor either. It’s the same material as the existing bowl and the microdosing disc functioned similarly to the lid. A completely packed bowl should be no different than a packed capsule. The materials are the same in and the contact points are the same. I think there’s a lot of negative placebo going on.
I generally agree with you, but the capsule does have reduced capacity.

The materials of the capsule itself - probably already as thin as it should get, the clearance between the cap and the chamber wall - tolerances to variance and thermal expansion, and the lowered cap ceiling that leaves room for a completely extended microdose disc - a safety measure to reduce the number of "oops I crushed my oven" warranty claims. Those dimensions add up.

It's also just the nature of capsules to increase conduction and restrict convection flow - thermo/fluid-dynamics, man. Airvape did a great job of handling all of these factors in a v1 and have already said they're accepting input for improvements. Did S&B ever bother to improve their capsules? I don't think anyone is going to argue s&b made a perfect cap but everyone sort of just became accustomed to the meh.

Personally I think few people understand the implications of what they're complaining about

Last edited:

Okla68

I generally agree with you, but the capsule does have reduced capacity.

The materials of the capsule itself - probably already as thin as it should get, the clearance between the cap and the chamber wall - variance and thermal expansion, and the lowered cap ceiling that leaves room for a completely extended microdose disc - a safety measure to reduce the number of "oops I crushed my oven" warranty claims. Those dimensions add up.

It's also just the nature of capsules to increase conduction and restrict convection flow - thermo/fluid-dynamics, man. Airvape did a great job of handling all of these factors in a v1 and have already said they're accepting input for improvements. Personally I think few people understand the implications of what they're complaining about
100% Agree RxPlorer !

TheK

I can still get plenty of vapor with the dosing capsules at 340-360F. I don’t notice a change in flavor either. It’s the same material as the existing bowl and the microdosing disc functioned similarly to the lid. A completely packed bowl should be no different than a packed capsule. The materials are the same and the contact points are the same. I think there’s a lot of negative placebo going on.

On another note, another vendor is selling dimpled glass airway replacements with and without rubies that fit the ALP. It’s already very cool, but may be worth a try.
I need links for this dimpled glass airway.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I didn’t know if it was permitted since it’s not a competitor and they actually sell the ALP, but it’s VGoodiez.
It is permitted:

No affiliate links allowed of course.

greenpager

Six days after receiving the dosing capsules, I'm here to declare an end to this contest: IT'S THE ALP FTW. Compared to every other device I have tried, the ALP gives me bigger clouds for longer and at lower temperatures. RIP VAS. I'm done.

OyVape

so alp holds only .03 more than Xmax V3 PRO? That sucks but does explains a lot.
I'm a little bit upset. did you pack it if not try to see max you can load.

Grams is a measure of weight. I think we need to consider that the caps displace significant volume, no?

But without the gold disc, that wouldn’t be a concern. More room in the bowl.

They should make a wider diameter rimmed gold screen or even a disc that matches the top of the bowl. It could be attached via friction fit or even some kind of hinged assembly?

Just brainstorming some ideas.
Gotta love that Gelato😉

OyVape,

davesmith

Glass Blower
I can still get plenty of vapor with the dosing capsules at 340-360F. I don’t notice a change in flavor either. It’s the same material as the existing bowl and the microdosing disc functioned similarly to the lid. A completely packed bowl should be no different than a packed capsule. The materials are the same and the contact points are the same. I think there’s a lot of negative placebo going on.

On another note, another vendor is selling dimpled glass airway replacements with and without rubies that fit the ALP. It’s already very cool, but may be worth a try.

Ive been looking at that glass tube and meaning to measure it up.

davesmith,
Reactions: Okla68

vapereyez

What vendor is selling those?

vapereyez,
Reactions: Dr. G

Ceez100

Has anyone in Canada received their capsules yet? I ordered on Dec 17th got my shipping notification on the 21st. I have yet to receive my capsules. I’m just outside of Toronto btw.

Ceez100,

Dr. G

Old Resident

Amen to everything here...
The purpose of having capsules is to preload and pop in when you run out...its also, easier? No mess. My experience is the taste is the same...my sessions are the same....and yet BETTER...the herb is nicely evenly toasted all the way perfectly. Better than before. There is a 'superb significance' in every way. Having the capsules does not put any negative value on my vape session it only has improved.

The vendor is VGOODIES...and excellent vendor my experience...

Last edited:

FrenchSmitty

Has anyone in Canada received their capsules yet? I ordered on Dec 17th got my shipping notification on the 21st. I have yet to receive my capsules. I’m just outside of Toronto btw.
I ordered my ALP and Air Bubbles on the 18th of December and received them Tuesday the 3rd. Pretty quick turnaround time considering the holidays. My order was shipped from Canandaigua NY and I’m on the south shore of Montreal. Your order should arrive any day now.

French

FrenchSmitty,
Reactions: Okla68

Kaaotic

Can you PM me the info on the dimpled glass airpath? 😊

I ordered mine Dec 21st and am still waiting. They cleared Canada customs Dec 30th but I have not received any further shipping updates. I'm an hour north of Toronto.

Kaaotic,

ld

Amen to everything here...
The purpose of having capsules is to preload and pop in when you run out...its also, easier? No mess. My experience is the taste is the same...my sessions are the same....and yet BETTER...the herb is nicely evenly toasted all the way perfectly. Better than before. There is a 'superb significance' in every way. Having the capsules does not put any negative value on my vape session it only has improved.
Another ecstatic customer here, load all 6 at night and good to go. I find when I empty the capsules they are spotless. This vape is now my number one go to, wireless charging and battery life make it so easy. I prefer micro dosing all day but I find that doing session (usually 3-4 hits and turn off) is very tasty. When I would try to micro-dose I hold the button, take a hit and then when I want to take another pressing/holding/heating up seems to be less effective for me. Thoughts?

Okla68

Another ecstatic customer here, load all 6 at night and good to go. I find when I empty the capsules they are spotless. This vape is now my number one go to, wireless charging and battery life make it so easy. I prefer micro dosing all day but I find that doing session (usually 3-4 hits and turn off) is very tasty. When I would try to micro-dose I hold the button, take a hit and then when I want to take another pressing/holding/heating up seems to be less effective for me. Thoughts?
Because of my Lung disease making inhalation more difficult, Ill agree with you 100%.
Load up all the caps, then just pick and replace thru out the day/evening. And the cleanup is Minimal, the cleanup of the caps...dosent exist !!!!
I even turned my Enano OFF !!!

thx1138

Short answer, the dosing caps are important (a requirement IMO) for a good portable vape. If you have functioning ones, they are worth it for ease of portable use. I at least have two I can use pretty reliably thus far.

If Airvape sends me more fully functioning ones that don't tear into my skin to open by hand using the tool, or break/bend while attempting to open using the tool I'll at least be content. Even the ones I got open are way to easy to either cross-thread or put the cap on backwards. I have large/strong hands, but not the most dexterous fingers and these are definitely the most inconvenient dosing caps I've encountered...they look pretty though. :)

The support is nice, now that they have responded, but it has taken a back and forth of 4 or so emails over the past day, and I'm not even certain new caps will be sent out until I send a video of me messing with them, so who knows. I did send photo with the original email. Just want 6 functioning caps and to be done emailing back and forth.
I found it easier on the fingers to use the thin surgical gloves we all bought during the pandemic, as mentioned above. Super grip on the capsules, and no issues with finger tips are the reasons I use them.

edit - My wife just suggested that I buy Airvape's smell proof bum bag - to make my bum smell proof! lol!
:nod:

Last edited:

SkyBucket

So far I’m mostly loving the caps. I’ve used them every time I’ve used my ALP since they arrived. The cleanliness of the device is great now. I was thrilled this morning when I emptied it and noticed how clean it was.

I kinda want to get a second set to have maybe 6 daytime and 6 night time doses ready to go. They’re not that bad to load, but finicky enough I don’t want to have to fiddle with them every time I use the ALP. But the cost plus shipping makes it less appealing. Maybe I’ll wait to see the storage solutions and order both then. Or with a decent promo code?

I’m very interested in those alternative glass air paths…. Might be placing an order.

I found it easier on the fingers to use the thin surgical gloves we all bought during the pandemic, as mentioned above. Super grip on the capsules, and no issues with finger tips are the reasons I use them.

edit - My wife just suggested that I buy Airvape's smell proof bum bag - to make my bum smell proof! lol!
:nod:
Aye, I did use a small silicone piece I had to open some since messing my fingers up a bit. That, or nitrile/latex gloves do give a nice boost to grip.

noceb0,
Reactions: seedy53

Aryeah

Vape Man
I Just ordered my dosing capsules, curious do you take the micro dosing piece out or leave it in when using the capsules?

Aryeah,

SkyBucket

I Just ordered my dosing capsules, curious do you take the micro dosing piece out or leave it in when using the capsules?
Works both ways. It’ll rattle a little if you shake it without the disc. But it had more open airflow. I think I prefer no disc and I’ll likely put away my disc for now.

SkyBucket,
Reactions: RxPlorer
Top Bottom