AirVape Legacy Pro

someTooL

Con - Got FILO’d. Ordered within minutes of the drop on 12/17. Didn’t ship until I reached out Monday. Expected delivery 1/3.

Pro - This device performs really well without the capsules too! Honeymoon phase over and still reaching for it.

RxPlorer

I'm happy with the performance of the capsules. even roasting, plenty of vapor, great taste. My max temp is now 420, up from 380 without the capsules, with similar roast.

Already tossed the "carrying case", it's worthless. I'm using a plastic doob tube for now, but I need a proper magazine solution that can store all 6 in a similar form factor to the "case". It needs to be very durable, easy to swap capsules, and should be safe to store them while piping hot. The hunt is on.

Oh, there's definitely more conduction with the caps.

Last note - the threads seem extremely delicate. I'll go ahead and predict that a number of people are going to run into cross threading issues, or just stop using them because of the threads. I haven't checked the details but I will expect Airvape to cover cross threading under warranty.

Last edited:

Deano

I've had my Legacy Pro and capsules for a few days now and wanted to share some initial thoughts

I think it's fair to mention that I've owned an OG Crafty as well as the Crafty+, Firefly 2, Ghost MV1, Splinter, and some other mid tier vapes.

The main reason for purchasing the Legacy Pro was to have a vape that had on-demand, pure flavor, and great battery life. I rarely do sessions since I vape alone so having something I can step out and hit 2-3 times without having to wait for long heat ups was very appealing.

I've gone through 5 capsules so far and tried both on-demand and session mode. The Legacy Pro performs very well as a session vaporizer but I feel the on-demand feature is lacking.

One big difference I noticed is that on session mode I can start at 365 and get nice flavor and visible clouds for up to 6-8 draws or so before needing to heat step.

With on-demand I have set the temp to 380 and held the button until it reached temp and then continue to hold for an additional 5 seconds before I begin an 8-10 second draw. Even after the 2nd and 3rd pull it never produces the same vapor as session mode at 365. It's as if on-demand isn't true to the temperature it displays.

I have to set on demand mode to 410-415 to get anywhere near the vapor that session mode produces at a much lower temp. When I think of on-demand I think of the Splinter and the difference between the 2 just as on-demand vapes alone is no comparison.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or have any suggestions to try but overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

I may get bashed for this but I feel the Crafty produces a tastier vapor but it's heat up times and battery life pale in comparison.
PXL-20221230-152505304.jpg
PXL-20221230-152457157.jpg
PXL-20221230-152542875.jpg
PXL-20221230-152949067.jpg
PXL-20221230-153136080.jpg
PXL-20221230-153142243.jpg
PXL-20221230-153245498.jpg

Last edited:

SkyBucket

Any consensus yet on microdosing disc? Keep it in? Take it out? I saw at least a couple posts asking if that caused too big a gap/movement/rattle.

So bummed mine still say 1/3 delivery. Jealous of all you folks that got them. 17 day wait is super lame.

SkyBucket,
For what it’s worth, I ordered 12/17, supposedly had a 1/3 expected delivery, and they arrived today
Ha, again exact same! Just got my caps. Thoughts:
  • main issue is some of the caps I got seem seized-up before I even touched them... meaning they won't unscrew. I'm using only the bent end of the stir tool. Some caps unscrew freely, others will not and I'm afraid to use more force given how light they are.
  • the caps reduce capacity by more than I would have thought, which hinders the main advantage I give/gave to the ALP over my other vape
  • so far I get a little less vapor from the caps for the same amount of herb without the caps, but I'm not too worried about it
  • these absolutely require a permanent caddy, wish they had come in/with one
So there are some issues to work out before they can be great, for me. But I'm glad they made them available.

Adobewan

3-BD422-DB-B075-4414-A939-AEB48-DADC292.jpg

Mine fit. Narrow side down. They stick up higher in the tray than the S&B ones but it does close over them and nothing is getting squished
I'll try that again. My cover wouldn't properly close over four of them. Would just open, spilling contents into my pocket.
Fingers crossed.

With on-demand I have set the temp to 380 and held the button until it reached temp and then continue to hold for an additional 5 seconds before I begin an 8-10 second draw. Even after the 2nd and 3rd pull it never produces the same vapor as session mode at 365. It's as if on-demand isn't true to the temperature it displays.

I have to set on demand mode to 410-415 to get anywhere near the vapor that session mode produces at a much lower temp. When I think of on-demand I think of the Splinter and the difference between the 2 just as on-demand vapes alone is no comparison.
Unfortunately my experience as well @Deano
One of the main draws for me was the on-demand mode, but the session mode rocks!

Ha, again exact same! Just got my caps. Thoughts:
  • main issue is some of the caps I got seem seized-up before I even touched them... meaning they won't unscrew. I'm using only the bent end of the stir tool. Some caps unscrew freely, others will not and I'm afraid to use more force given how light they are.
  • the caps reduce capacity by more than I would have thought, which hinders the main advantage I give/gave to the ALP over my other vape
  • so far I get a little less vapor from the caps for the same amount of herb without the caps, but I'm not too worried about it
  • these absolutely require a permanent caddy, wish they had come in/with one
So there are some issues to work out before they can be great, for me. But I'm glad they made them available.
Reduced capacity and less vapor on my end as well @StennyH2013
For your seized caps, have you tried running them through a heat cycle, then unscrewing them?

vandalizedbythelotus

Held up at customs, believe @Gary-Airvape said it’d be 10 days before they released it but that was around a week ago. So should be any minute now
i think more like 2 weeks ago. and stranger still the airvape IG accound advertised EU store dosing caps on monday's story. but they either ran out in under 4h or more likely there was a mixup. the ALP is out of stock as well for a while now.
hopefully next week ...

vandalizedbythelotus,

Deano

The Crafty capsules are a little bit taller and definitely hold more material. I tried to trim one of them down to see if they would fit but the material is so soft it bent the entire capsule attempting to cut it down to size with my dremmel.

I do feel the Crafty capsules are much easier to get on without having to ensure threads are aligned properly. The capsules are so small they don't give you much to hold onto while attaching the lid.

Top Bottom