AirVape Legacy Pro

davesmith

Glass Blower
Right been hammering mine since xmas, holding out on a full rundown of my thoughts.

Can someone please help me how do you clean this vape? Is there a way to access the two corners above and below the glass tube? I cant see any screws and dont want to force anything.

Thanks guys

davesmith,

arefx

Right been hammering mine since xmas, holding out on a full rundown of my thoughts.

Can someone please help me how do you clean this vape? Is there a way to access the two corners above and below the glass tube? I cant see any screws and dont want to force anything.

Thanks guys
Get some GUM dental brushes, the wide ones. I stick it in and swirl it around then take it out and wipe the brush off with iso and a paper towel then I swirl it around again with a small amount of iso on the dental brush then when I'm done I just blow in it quick to evaporate any ISO left inside the vape so it doesn't soak into the silicone.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Get some GUM dental brushes, the wide ones. I stick it in and swirl it around then take it out and wipe the brush off with iso and a paper towel then I swirl it around again with a small amount of iso on the dental brush then when I'm done I just blow in it quick to evaporate any ISO left inside the vape so it doesn't soak into the silicone.

Bummer theres no way in. The bit by the mouthpiece is well awkward!

davesmith,

vandalizedbythelotus

Remove the door micro wheel the stud should fit the top capsule's indentation. try it. plse

Thank you for the photos! I believe the cap for the capsules fits as a replacement for the microdosing one. Do try it.
i imagine that if it sits perfectly and was designed with the disk there, removing it would create an empty space between the capsule top and stud, and possibly introduce vertical play as one draws air through it.

vandalizedbythelotus,

seedy53

i imagine that if it sits perfectly and was designed with the disk there, removing it would create an empty space between the capsule top and stud, and possibly introduce vertical play as one draws air through it.
i do not think micro wheel was designed for dose cap. it's either one or the other. oh well i cannot wait to experiment

seedy53,

ld

I can’t wait for mine to arrive. I have removed my micro screen and rubber gasket next to the oven. Once I receive my capsules should I put them back in, or just continue as is? Everything I’ve learned from this group has helped immensely.

vandalizedbythelotus

i do not think micro wheel was designed for dose cap. it's either one or the other. oh well i cannot wait to experiment
according to pictures it closes prefectly with the wheel inside, i think it's reasonable to assume removing it will result in empty space abve the capsule.
way i see it, the reason for adding the round profile on the top of the cap there is to prevent airflow restriction that would result from perforations not overlaping perfectly. the apparent fit on the stud being coincidental.

vandalizedbythelotus,

Adobewan

My wife was looking for a Christmas present for me and like Santa Claus, Scott @VGOODIEZ led us to the ALP. I'm loving it so far. I guess I received one without a mouthpiece issue as this is snug as a bug.
Unloading is a slight hassle, you have to keep the door open with your as you dump, with but it's not an issue. While I have dosing caps on the way, I have seated a lid from a Crafty dosing pod on the micro wheel to great effect, it's a perfect fit. I haven't had to clean it thoroughly yet.
So many positives, replaceable battery, rapid heat-up, stirring tool, clean taste, session and on-demand modes, vegan leather, and as you all already know, it's beautiful
But...
...can someone clarify how to achieve on-demand mode? Manual says press and hold the <+> up and down buttons, then use the power button to activate. Nothing, and I'm not seeing any indication that the mode has changed.
Hope you guys can help.
Happy Holidays!

Gonzo_

I was worried about having to remove the disc but it fits perfectly inside the top of the dosing capsule, since the capsule is indented.

Gonzo_,

Puddentain

My wife was looking for a Christmas present for me and like Santa Claus, Scott @VGOODIEZ led us to the ALP. I'm loving it so far. I guess I received one without a mouthpiece issue as this is snug as a bug.
Unloading is a slight hassle, you have to keep the door open with your as you dump, with but it's not an issue. While I have dosing caps on the way, I have seated a lid from a Crafty dosing pod on the micro wheel to great effect, it's a perfect fit. I haven't had to clean it thoroughly yet.
So many positives, replaceable battery, rapid heat-up, stirring tool, clean taste, session and on-demand modes, vegan leather, and as you all already know, it's beautiful
But...
...can someone clarify how to achieve on-demand mode? Manual says press and hold the <+> up and down buttons, then use the power button to activate. Nothing, and I'm not seeing any indication that the mode has changed.
Hope you guys can help.
Happy Holidays!
You won’t see an indicator onscreen. When you depress the up and down simultaneously, session mode will switch to on-demand (or back the other way). You can tell if it’s still session mode by seeing the propellor spin and the temp increase. If you successfully flipped to on-demand, no propellor and you’ll see the temp decrease to ambient temperature. Hold the power button and it will start heating to your desired temp.

I inadvertently switched from session to on-demand one medicated night without realizing it and thought my ALP was on the fritz since it wouldn’t heat up. I did figure out that user error explained all!

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I can’t wait for mine to arrive. I have removed my micro screen and rubber gasket next to the oven. Once I receive my capsules should I put them back in, or just continue as is? Everything I’ve learned from this group has helped immensely.
So as a general rule I don't like removing parts from a device that was engineered to be used with all of them. Has anyone here experienced any negative side effects from removing the little oval screen? Maybe someone who has used it for a while this way?

Does the little elbow curve beyond the screen get clogged? Do you need to clean stuff more often?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to get the most out of this device so testimony matters.

On a related note... Any side effects from removing the threaded dosing screen?

TigoleBitties,

Okla68

So as a general rule I don't like removing parts from a device that was engineered to be used with all of them. Has anyone here experienced any negative side effects from removing the little oval screen? Maybe someone who has used it for a while this way?

Does the little elbow curve beyond the screen get clogged? Do you need to clean stuff more often?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to get the most out of this device so testimony matters.

No Negative effects from removing those things. Actually, it makes it Better, IMO !
Had mine for several months. After removing them I used a 15mm screen over the bowl. Ruined it cleaning it with a torch...now I use the Concentrate pad as a bowl topper. Once the used load cools off, the ABV comes out attached to the pad...Easy Peasy cleanup !!

seedy53

use a ear syringe

davesmith

Glass Blower

Im just running it stock for the first week or two see how it performs. That screens just means you have to clean inside the part thats hard to clean less. If that makes sense.

No one wants old manky bits of bud sat around in their airpath getting dirty! I will try the hacks see how i like them but like you i wanna see how the company intends it first.

davesmith,

4-Aces King-High

I received the dosing capsules today,loaded them right away.
ALP working great with the capsules. Less cleaning and headaches.
ALP has become a true-portable due to less cleaning and fiddling with components of the ALP.
ITS Up there with the Top 4 portables available.

Top Bottom