AirVape Legacy Pro

arefx

Am I the only one that doesn't think loading and unloading the ALP is that big of a deal or mess? I just open the door with the unit facing down and the spent herb comes out on the micro disc, I just dump that with my avb and blow any crumbs off and it's good. Loading I just add a pinch to the bowl lightly fluff it up and spread it even then top it off and close. Don't bother with s&b screens or anything like that and it works fine.

MrBaked.co

Right, I've gone ahead and bought a pack. Was scared they'd run out.

So, anyone from the UK want 2 capsules? I'll sell 4 so id rather they went like 2 people getting 2 capsules. That way people like me who don't wanna stump up £50 for some capsules have a chance.

£5 deposit secures your 2. Then when they arrive I'll let you know the full cost incase there is customs fees. If there is no additional custom fees it will just be 1/3rd of of the $55 + £2.85 for first class recorded post.

👍👍

Dr. G

Old Resident
Am I the only one that doesn't think loading and unloading the ALP is that big of a deal or mess? I just open the door with the unit facing down and the spent herb comes out on the micro disc, I just dump that with my avb and blow any crumbs off and it's good. Loading I just add a pinch to the bowl lightly fluff it up and spread it even then top it off and close. Don't bother with s&b screens or anything like that and it works fine.
I love that we get the capsules...but, I don't think its a big deal at all. I posted back that I clean other things that take me a long time like my bathroom....for me to complain about a hole that is as big as a dime is a bit...well. It takes me two seconds to clean it. I use a S&B brush, then...I load it again. Every week it gets pulled apart and cleaned deeply like all the rest of the vapes here at home. I think that the best thing about the capsules for me would be mobility. When I am out and about. I can quickly....reload!!

davesmith

Glass Blower

So, anyone from the UK want 2 capsules? I'll sell 4 so id rather they went like 2 people getting 2 capsules. That way people like me who don't wanna stump up £50 for some capsules have a chance.

£5 deposit secures your 2. Then when they arrive I'll let you know the full cost incase there is customs fees. If there is no additional custom fees it will just be 1/3rd of of the $55 + £2.85 for first class recorded post.

👍👍

Yea fuck it ill take 2 dude appreciate it

MrBaked.co

👍👍
Capsules are gone to @davesmith & @kapows

El Peligroso

I love that we get the capsules...but, I don't think its a big deal at all. I posted back that I clean other things that take me a long time like my bathroom....for me to complain about a hole that is as big as a dime is a bit...well. It takes me two seconds to clean it. I use a S&B brush, then...I load it again. Every week it gets pulled apart and cleaned deeply like all the rest of the vapes here at home. I think that the best thing about the capsules for me would be mobility. When I am out and about. I can quickly....reload!!
Yeah I mean people didn’t really need Kcups for coffee (even less so for the environment) but they blew up for their convenience and minimal cleaning. I know people who use the SB caps once and throw them away, they don’t even extract the friggin AVB. Never underestimate people’s laziness after a hard day at work.

vandalizedbythelotus

come one guys please just stop it with the laziness argument and comparing it to kids and pets really?
it's a vape for sneaky pete's sake, compare it to other vapes please.
you can see the successful ones are convenient to reload and maintain.
i really like the performance but i find this one to be nearly impossible to reload without setting it on a table, indoors (no breeze allowed) with a whole kit of cleaning supplies. capsules seem mandatory.

bobothevaper

First release online!

Happy vaping!

PS: only available for you!
How to order from EU?

bobothevaper,

El Peligroso

come one guys please just stop it with the laziness argument and comparing it to kids and pets really?
i really like the performance but i find this one to be nearly impossible to reload without setting it on a table, indoors (no breeze allowed) with a whole kit of cleaning supplies. capsules seem mandatory.
you can’t compare other vapes in these threads it’s against the rules or something. ill let you use the kcup + laziness argument if you ask nicely

vandalizedbythelotus

you can’t compare other vapes in these threads it’s against the rules or something. ill let you use the kcup + laziness argument if you ask nicely
comparing against the rules on this forum? don't think so, correct me if i'm wrong. seems like a good idea to look at what makes others successful or fail, not pretend they don't exist. despite the similarity, the kcup (not a fan) comparison doesn't hold water.

Sue Narmy

$25 for postage to the UK? 😮

I wanted to order 4 packs but I don’t want to be stung with import taxes 😞

Sue Narmy,

El Peligroso

comparing against the rules on this forum? don't think so, correct me if i'm wrong. seems like a good idea to look at what makes others successful or fail, not pretend they don't exist. despite the similarity, the kcup (not a fan) comparison doesn't hold water.
thats what I thought but when I compared this vape to the mighty I was told otherwise.

kcups don't hold water they hold grounds

kapows

Tip 1
To remove the avb, flip unit upside down whilst bowl still hot or heat the bowl before doing so.

Tip 2
One 16mm screen will keep everything tidy

Tip 3
Only one 70% iso alcohol wipe will keep the unit clean for many sessions

Tip 4
Use a pill keychain thing i linked earlier to hold the herb and pour into the bowl

Yes, compared to other vapes it has a few extra steps.

Yes, it can be a problem in the wind.

The dosing caps will save this as even ONE cap is enough to re-use over and over again.

Use the dosing cap to scoop the herb.

Use alcohol wipe to clean when it gets too gunky.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
@vandalizedbythelotus @El Peligroso the rules are there for a reason and comparing vapes in a vapes specific thread isnt allowed. Use the askfc area for that. The rules are clear for all to see.

My alp is sat under my christmas tree so i cant really comment on the cleaning and reloading but i own a crafty and without a dosing cap, reloading “in a hurricane” or whatever would be tricky no doubt. Bits of crumbs round the rim etc and No filling tool is provided. Also cleaning the inside of the crafty CU is a massive pain in the arse, i cant see how this unit is going to be much worse than that.

Also guys this isnt reddit. All this use of extreme language makes us look like wingey children. Ok it may be a bit tricky to reload while on a hike but its not life or death. It doesnt ruin the unit and if it does ruin the unit for you, state it once and please refrain from regurgitating the same points. It makes these forums much harder to navigate to the general user.

Sorry if this comes across a bit grumpy, i frequent this forum as its been a place for slighly more factual and objective discussion, which is what i value, and the petty argumentativeness of the users (not aimed at anyone directly) the last 6 months has really got my goat.

Please if this comment has triggered you then youre probably part of the problem. If you wanna have a full blown argument with me DM me itll be easier for us all to ignore it in there.

Appologies mods if im being a bit harsh feel free to slap me ok the wrist if i am. Thats what private forums are all about. If someone doesnt behave and follow rules we warn them then ban them. And I wholeheartedly support that. This isnt social media.

/rantover

Cant wait till christmas to open my AVLP!! Got 4 lovely jars full to test this bad boy out!

@Gary-Airvape i know youre on holiday but i for one would love to see some shots of inside the smellproof bumbag, does it have sections and how much carbon is used to secure the smell? Thanks!!

Big up everyone please no offense meant to anyone particular and take my gripes with a pinch of salt. I just hate reddit and if this place desends into that kinda school playground mentality ill cry like, well, a school kid.

😂😂😂

Dr. G

Old Resident
@vandalizedbythelotus @El Peligroso the rules are there for a reason and comparing vapes in a vapes specific thread isnt allowed. Use the askfc area for that. The rules are clear for all to see.

My alp is sat under my christmas tree so i cant really comment on the cleaning and reloading but i own a crafty and without a dosing cap, reloading “in a hurricane” or whatever would be tricky no doubt. Bits of crumbs round the rim etc and No filling tool is provided. Also cleaning the inside of the crafty CU is a massive pain in the arse, i cant see how this unit is going to be much worse than that.

Also guys this isnt reddit. All this use of extreme language makes us look like wingey children. Ok it may be a bit tricky to reload while on a hike but its not life or death. It doesnt ruin the unit and if it does ruin the unit for you, state it once and please refrain from regurgitating the same points. It makes these forums much harder to navigate to the general user.

Sorry if this comes across a bit grumpy, i frequent this forum as its been a place for slighly more factual and objective discussion, which is what i value, and the petty argumentativeness of the users (not aimed at anyone directly) the last 6 months has really got my goat.

Please if this comment has triggered you then youre probably part of the problem. If you wanna have a full blown argument with me DM me itll be easier for us all to ignore it in there.

Appologies mods if im being a bit harsh feel free to slap me ok the wrist if i am. Thats what private forums are all about. If someone doesnt behave and follow rules we warn them then ban them. And I wholeheartedly support that. This isnt social media.

/rantover

Cant wait till christmas to open my AVLP!! Got 4 lovely jars full to test this bad boy out!

@Gary-Airvape i know youre on holiday but i for one would love to see some shots of inside the smellproof bumbag, does it have sections and how much carbon is used to secure the smell? Thanks!!

Big up everyone please no offense meant to anyone particular and take my gripes with a pinch of salt. I just hate reddit and if this place desends into that kinda school playground mentality ill cry like, well, a school kid.

😂😂😂
I know the answer to the smellproof bumbag because I have one. I wanted to post photos but, I really do not know how. The inside is an open area. There is a zippered area as well. In this zippered area is where I keep the vape itself. The whole bag is about 5 inches by 8 inches. Its a canvas feel. It is black color inside and out with a small brown leather logo on the strap. It feels like there is padding but, not like the Dime Bag padding...I personally do not smell my herb.

vandalizedbythelotus

please help me out, i read them twice and still couldn't find anything relating to comparing vapes. :hmm:. and anyway i was comparing it in the same sense you were below.
no hurricane, just any amount of draft really can ruin your day if you try to reload ALP on the go. even with my streamlined setup.
the crafty has 1 dosing capsule included in the retail package. i think the ALP would greatly benefit from having 1 included as well.
you can fully remove and soak the entire vape path (the CU) on the crafty entirely, but you can't on the ALP, therefore it's beyond a massive pain to fully clean. to minimize mess i have to wipe the area around the bowl every time i open the cover and do a deep clean once a week.
extreme language? where? i agree with this but it's natural for the same points to come up over and over, both positive and negative, and yeah this is amplified when there's white knighting dragging a civil discussion into arguments.

just to be clear, i'm not trying to shit on it, i really like how it performs, i don't think it's issues ruin it. but it needs improvement like anything else and some aspects make the experience a bit frustrating. IMO it's worth talking more about the negative stuff because that's where growth and learning come from. peace.

davesmith

Glass Blower
please help me out, i read them twice and still couldn't find anything relating to comparing vapes. :hmm:. and anyway i was comparing it in the same sense you were below.

no hurricane, just any amount of draft really can ruin your day if you try to reload ALP on the go. even with my streamlined setup.
the crafty has 1 dosing capsule included in the retail package. i think the ALP would greatly benefit from having 1 included as well.
you can fully remove and soak the entire vape path (the CU) on the crafty entirely, but you can't on the ALP, therefore it's beyond a massive pain to fully clean. to minimize mess i have to wipe the area around the bowl every time i open the cover and do a deep clean once a week.

extreme language? where? i agree with this but it's natural for the same points to come up over and over, both positive and negative, and yeah this is amplified when there's white knighting dragging a civil discussion into arguments.

just to be clear, i'm not trying to shit on it, i really like how it performs, i don't think it's issues ruin it. but it needs improvement like anything else and some aspects make the experience a bit frustrating. IMO it's worth talking more about the negative stuff because that's where growth and learning come from. peace.

Yea the rule is more to stop “whats better the xxx or the xxx” your comparison wasnt crossing that line i dont think.

I agree including a dosing cap or two in the retail package is a good idea

As i said ive yet to open and play with mine so i will hold judgement on the cleaning. I can say though that i hate cleaning and even soaking my crafty+ cu doesnt seem to get it sparkling, and my oven (non ceramic) is so heavily stained no amount of iso would ever bring it back. Hoping the gold on the AVLP negates this possible issue.

Sorry if i came across antagonistic ive had a brutal flu for a week and am a little grumpier than my usual level of grump.

Orvaxxx

Well £25 for the capsules and then £25 shipping take the capsules to about $70 for us in the uk. No way i can afford that!

@Gary-Airvape i assume retailers like @VapeFiend.com will get dosing caps eventually? Ill just have to wait and live without the caps for now.
How to order from EU?

I don’t know if they were on the site already, but for now it says they are out of stock.

Orvaxxx

Last time I checked they were not on the EU site, when i 👀 today they were on the site but out of stock, which would mean they had them.

Orvaxxx,

kapows

I think people can say what they want and how they want.

Dont think anyone used extreme language and why bring reddit into it? Reddit is a great place!

I believe comparing the use function of X vape with X vape is also permissable as far as im aware thats the whole point of having this discussion its to learn and know and help people make informed decisions.

MrBaked.co

/rantover

😂😂😂
I don't find it that bad to clean etc.
I'd agree the only issue would be loading on the go but that's no different to the other vapes it is closely compared to.

I personally don't care about that issue as I full it before I go out and 1 bowl is enough for until I get home. And even if I did want 2. The caps will solve the minor issue.

Top Bottom