• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

felvapes

Just chiming in, had mine for a couple months now and it is still my go to daily that I carry with me. Even though I’m not a huge fan of dosing caps it really is the last piece to make this a perfect daily. If it weren’t for the tiny little screen getting clogged so easily with my sticky icky this would be a 10/10 as is.
Remove the small screen all together
Useless thing
Add a mighty screen over the bowl and life is good
I initially bought a bunch of 4-6mm balls...ugh, didn't fit. Then I bought 3mm. After 2 days, I'm taking them out. They seem to restrict the airflow a tiny bit. Airflow is a big priority for me, so that's out.

I have found that with fine-moderate ground herb, using the on-demand at 464 will give you more than I can handle. This vape is not the limiting factor on hit strengths. It will put out more than I can handle, and I use to pride myself on clearing the biggest bongs when I smoked. Now, if I could just open up the airflow just a bit more, I'd have the perfect vape...
Remove the small screen you will get extra airflow
As Gary mentioned recently, the dosing capsules are in mass production and will be available soon. I'll be among the first to order them, as I'm a microdoser.

By the way, I received email notice today that my Pro has been delivered to my local UPS store (can't receive deliveries at my obscure rural address). Because it's Saturday, they closed seven minutes later. But I'll pick it up first thing in the morning; am so excited. :D
Caps are due in November according to email communications

1973PortlandToker

Where do you order the screens? It seems 15.5 is the best size.

There are screens for the Pro on the website, but it doesn't list the size of the mesh. Also, someone mentioned a while back that they use MiniVap screens. Baskets and screens are listed on the MiniVap website, but again, no sizes are listed.

felvapes

Where do you order the screens? It seems 15.5 is the best size.

There are screens for the Pro on the website, but it doesn't list the size of the mesh. Also, someone mentioned a while back that they use MiniVap screens. Baskets and screens are listed on the MiniVap website, but again, no sizes are listed.
I use mighty wide mesh screens that are 15.6 or something
I also had 16mm screen for other things and they work just as well - the mighty one is better I find because of the wide mesh though - less bits seemed to get stuck in it and better airflow

I forgot to mention earlier that with the settings I described I also have the gold disc screwed at least half way out
Once the dosing caps arrive I will remove that disc all together like with the small screen

1973PortlandToker

My Legacy Pro arrived, and I feel like a proud father. But I'm trying to figure out how to start using it, now that it's charged.

I'm a microdoser, and would like to start with a small amount of flower. Opposite the gold chamber, there's what looks like a smaller gold chamber for microdosing. But it doesn't come out. I tried using a pair of pliers (covering it with a paper towel) and a piece of metal to wedge it out, but no luck.

The unit also came with a wax/concentrate pad. Should I insert the wax pad into the main chamber to vape a small amount of flower?

Also, does it matter if I leave the smaller gold chamber in place while I use the concentrate pad in the main chamber?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I'd like to start off using this equipment properly.

Backpack

I'm a microdoser, and would like to start with a small amount of flower. Opposite the gold chamber, there's what looks like a smaller gold chamber for microdosing. But it doesn't come out. I tried using a pair of pliers (covering it with a paper towel) and a piece of metal to wedge it out, but no luck.

You're right, but you're wrong :) The thing you were trying to remove is for micro dosing, but not that way. It's on screw threading. As you screw it out, it extends further into the chamber, making the space smaller. Achieves what you were thinking of with the concentrate pad. Which would also work, try both ways and see what works best for you.

4-Aces King-High

My Legacy Pro arrived, and I feel like a proud father. But I'm trying to figure out how to start using it, now that it's charged.

The unit also came with a wax/concentrate pad. Should I insert the wax pad into the main chamber to vape a small amount of flower?

Also, does it matter if I leave the smaller gold chamber in place while I use the concentrate pad in the main chamber?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I'd like to start off using this equipment properly.
I personally don’t have any experience with the concentrate pad but I’m willing lol
Thanks to all suggestions on this thread! Hoping not to be redundant.
I would like to say that I received my ALP 2-days ago and like it very much the only problem is the small oval screen in the air path and gasket kept coming out for me along with the screen from the mighty also use the lid from the dosing caps of the mighty or plenty vaporizer. They work great giving a little bit of an edge to the Mighty screen over the Lid of dosing cap.makes the ritual of Vaping more pleasant. I believe the screen is from the cooling unit of the Mighty.
I believe the air vape Legacy pro is a great session vaporizer in 2-3 draws at 360F.
I contacted the company and let them know about the small oval screen and gasket-the remedy IMO is the use the same concept of the screen/gasket of the mouthpiece that way the screen would not go anywhere !
Airvape and Manufacturers I/We need This!
Hoping and Learning along the way. And that this writing is Understood And my post is not crossed-up with my other Vapes.lol

Cheers from NOLA to All ! Hoping all goes well for Airvape Legacy Pro owners and Apollo/ Airvape for bringing a great product to the market.

1973PortlandToker

You're right, but you're wrong :) The thing you were trying to remove is for micro dosing, but not that way. It's on screw threading. As you screw it out, it extends further into the chamber, making the space smaller. Achieves what you were thinking of with the concentrate pad. Which would also work, try both ways and see what works best for you.

Got it. It unscrews, just like you said. I'm going to start with the wax pad, and then try it by unscrewing the second screen a bit.

Now, let's see what I'm going to start with in my stash. Maybe some Blue Dream.

StringTheorista

Agree with whoever it was who said the ergonomics of using the ALP on demand are a bit tricky. I can’t figure out how to hold the unit to have access to the power button, *and* orient the mouthpiece correctly. Can’t decide whether triggering with my thumb or forefinger works better. Feels like I have to hold my wrist at a weird angle to make it work. A round mouthpiece would solve the issue. But the mouthfeel of the flat one is really nice. Open to advice from anyone who has this dialed…

Loving the flavor on demand, so I wanna work this out

Okla68

Agree with whoever it was who said the ergonomics of using the ALP on demand are a bit tricky. I can’t figure out how to hold the unit to have access to the power button, *and* orient the mouthpiece correctly. Can’t decide whether triggering with my thumb or forefinger works better. Feels like I have to hold my wrist at a weird angle to make it work. A round mouthpiece would solve the issue. But the mouthfeel of the flat one is really nice. Open to advice from anyone who has this dialed…

It Is an ODD ERGONOMIC !(thought it was only me, lol)
I use the Airvape WPA to not only alleviate that Odd holding position and to Add a bit of length to the airpath.
If I have One Concern that I haven't figured a viable solution if it Does occur, is the potential Clogging of the microscopic holes in the bottom of the bowl. Making Convection virtually impossible. It takes a Very Fine needle and good eyesight to keep them poked open. As far as I can tell, there is no other way to clean it.
Any ideas anyone ?

Last edited:

felvapes

Yea I have an Ed's TNT ws glass stem on the MP with a cut fat mp from the dv to hold it on

I use this as the mp as it is round and I can now hold the ALP naturally as it sits in my hand and draw

I removed the small gold screen all together
It's useless and gets clogged up too quick and it restricts airflow

Screw the disc on the door at least half way out
Put a mighty wide mesh screen (or any 16mm mesh screen) on the bowl of weed - keeps everything clean AF and stops avb getting out after removing the small gold one

On demand mode full temp 464 and take strong draws - not soft and slow like old days

It tastes great like this and produces nice clouds with perfect avb
Like a mini baller/plenty

The small gold screen is best gone
Open airflow and better performance with easy maintenance

Once the dosing caps arrive in November I will remove the disc on the door all together

Last edited:

felvapes

I use the Airvape WPA to not only alleviate that Odd holding position and to Add a bit of length to the airpath.
If I have One Concern that I haven't figured a viable solution if it Does occur, is the potential Clogging of the microscopic holes in the bottom of the bowl. Making Convection virtually impossible. It takes a Very Fine needle and good eyesight to keep them poked open. As far as I can tell, there is no other way to clean it.
Any ideas anyone ?
I just blow through from the bottom of the vape when I am wiping out with a moistened qtip after a few bowls or so
I empty, blow the bowl from above, moistened qtip wipe, blow from bottom/intake holes and then moistened qtip wipe again - not all comes out but it does clear some dust from the holes

Once dosing caps come and I remove the disc on door as well as the samll screen I think it will all stay even cleaner than how I use it now

StringTheorista

“Yea I have an Ed's TNT ws glass stem on the MP with a cut fat mp from the dv to hold it on”

Trying to visualize this: so you cut the mouthpiece end of the fat MP off, leaving a sort of rectangular opening, slip that over the ALP mp, then insert glass into the other end? (Pic would help but I know they’re a PITA here). Will try that when I get home. Thanks for helping me stoner engineer a solution

felvapes

“Yea I have an Ed's TNT ws glass stem on the MP with a cut fat mp from the dv to hold it on”

Trying to visualize this: so you cut the mouthpiece end of the fat MP off, leaving a sort of rectangular opening, slip that over the ALP mp, then insert glass into the other end? (Pic would help but I know they’re a PITA here). Will try that when I get home. Thanks for helping me stoner engineer a solution
Yes that was pretty much it
I cut the fat silicone MP end off so it has a round hole end plus the original opening
Slip half way over the ALP mp and then slip the eds stem into the round hole
Its great as a wpa on a bong or jhook, but I use this dry
It's just nice having a round MP to hold the ALP naturally in hand sideways/angled

I think the factory MP should be rounded somehow even it if had to be slightly longer (it would only need to be as long as the fat mp silicone is as you can see it is round itself as an exit once cut)

1973PortlandToker

Agree with whoever it was who said the ergonomics of using the ALP on demand are a bit tricky.

Interesting you mention on demand mode. Do you have to select on demand, as opposed to session mode? If so, how?

When I was testing the unit yesterday, I was wondering if I was in on-demand mode, or if the unit was frying my flower when I wasn't drawing. (Otherwise it worked find, some good draws.) No instruction manual came with my unit.

1973PortlandToker,
Reactions: felvapes

StringTheorista

Thanks, will definitely try this

“Interesting you mention on demand mode. Do you have to select on demand, as opposed to session mode? If so, how?”

Hold down the “up” and “down” arrows together, and the little propeller icon at the edge of the display will disappear. That means “on demand”mode. You can tell if you’re in session mode because the temp number will stay stable, not drop when you release the power/fire button

Last edited:

felvapes

Interesting you mention on demand mode. Do you have to select on demand, as opposed to session mode? If so, how?

When I was testing the unit yesterday, I was wondering if I was in on-demand mode, or if the unit was frying my flower when I wasn't drawing. (Otherwise it worked find, some good draws.) No instruction manual came with my unit.
If the temperature is rising when you are doing nothing it is in session mode
I used session mode at 420 - 430 for best results with weed
But I don't use session mode any more unless at full temp for rosin on the pad

I only use the ALP in on demand mode for weed
If the temperature stays at room temp it is in on demand mode - if you hold your finger/thumb on the button it will start heating and you can see the temp rise
It will buzz when it gets to temp - take a decent strength draw, let go of button when done - or just before, repeat when ready for another draw
As described above you swap between session and on demand mode by holding the up/down arrows at the same time
It works best in on demand mode at full temp 464 with decent strength draws ime
Thank, will definitely try this
No worries mate :)
Hope it makes it more natural to use/hold

Thumos

How do you like the WPA in general? I was thinking it would be a better mouth piece for ergonomics. How is the ALP through a bubbler?

seedy53

if you use a fine grind, you'll get crap in the bottom oven screen holes without using it upside down with a water bong- med to coarse grind i don't have this problem with right side up

seedy53,
Top Bottom