AirVape Legacy Pro

StringTheorista

I'm using the pax filling scoop, easy to keep filling neat. Emptying is harder to keep things contained. (I guess I don’t grind enpugh or pack enough to have the “puck”.) I think capsules will solve this for me, can’t wait for them to drop.

This is not a vape that contains smell, at all. A smell-proof case is necessary if discretion is required.

SkyBucket

I'm using the pax filling scoop, easy to keep filling neat. Emptying is harder to keep things contained. (I guess I don’t grind enpugh or pack enough to have the “puck”.) I think capsules will solve this for me, can’t wait for them to drop.

This is not a vape that contains smell, at all. A smell-proof case is necessary if discretion is required.
I’m still taking case suggestions. Someone said Ryot. I’m considering that. What are you using? Smell isn’t a huge issue but it’d be nice to have somewhat contained even in a hard drive case or something similar.

SkyBucket,

StringTheorista

The Ryot “HeadCase” fits. It’s a little bulky, has a lot of padding because I think it’s intended for a glass pipe. There’s a Ryot “HardCase” that looks slimmer and more like a sunglasses case. Not sure that one will fit, was hoping someone here has one and can do a fit check.

there’s also a davinci case for the IQ2 at POTV that looks promising

Last edited:

seedy53

on my ALP, without removing anything, my oven's weed grind & pack, with proper session heat, when i'am done with a bowel, i turn alp over and tap on the bottom and open door slowly and sitting-on the micro disc is a beautiful, brown av puck. i brush off into my hand or av jar. no mess or fuss and i reload another for later

Dustin McKief

I'm evaluating the ALP and wondered if any owners here are low tolerance, low dosers that use on demand for smaller hits?

I've read in some reviews that the microdosing disc is awkward and ineffective, although mainstream reviewers aren't interested in small doses and therefore don't actually evaluate the advertised functionality.

JustAnotherCritic

I'm evaluating the ALP and wondered if any owners here are low tolerance, low dosers that use on demand for smaller hits?

I've read in some reviews that the microdosing disc is awkward and ineffective, although mainstream reviewers aren't interested in small doses and therefore don't actually evaluate the advertised functionality.

The included "microdosing disk" isn't quite what it might sound like. It can slightly decrease the size of the bowl, but it isn't really suited for microdosing.

On the topic of low tolerance though, I take a lot of single hits with this device, and I do so in session mode, not on-demand. I'll turn it on, wait for it to come to temp, take my hit, and turn it off in the middle of my hit. I'll continue dragging on it, getting the rest of the vapor out and cooling it down.

The on-demand mode works fine too, but I just find the session mode easier to use since I can turn it on and set it down for the 15 seconds instead of holding the button.

vandalizedbythelotus

don't have the ALP yet but i find vaping to be very similar to cooking food in many aspects. so just like you kind of want a certain amount of food to fill a cooking pot for good results it's kind of the same for a weed bowl.
now the ALP has a rather large bowl, i don't see it working that well as a microdoser regardless of what you use to fill that empty space in the bowl (disk or mesh/frit puck).
i suppose one could just take small puffs from a normal bowl and microdose thusly.

vandalizedbythelotus,

MagnumMafia05

Use the concentrate pad. I do .05g just fine that way. Set it above your flower. I took my disk off.

Last edited:

Dustin McKief

The included "microdosing disk" isn't quite what it might sound like. It can slightly decrease the size of the bowl, but it isn't really suited for microdosing.

On the topic of low tolerance though, I take a lot of single hits with this device, and I do so in session mode, not on-demand. I'll turn it on, wait for it to come to temp, take my hit, and turn it off in the middle of my hit. I'll continue dragging on it, getting the rest of the vapor out and cooling it down.

The on-demand mode works fine too, but I just find the session mode easier to use since I can turn it on and set it down for the 15 seconds instead of holding the button.
Thanks, that's helpful. I wondered if on demand mode would cool down more quickly and therefore cook the herbs less after I've taken a hit vs. session mode?

Dustin McKief,

Dustin McKief

Assuming this was meant to be .05g.😃
Agreed on that!

At home, my vapcaps work very well for load tiny amount > hit. I'm looking at the ALP for its on demand, convective properties for walkabouts and travel that can do something similar to that. I don't mind loading more than I need as long as it's not getting cooked more than necessary.

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: Thumos

seedy53

Gary from Airvape:
Can we get an actual size in cm/inch symbols of the oven diameter and height. What is ovens capacity of hold dry herb? I have heard and read that is .15g, .25g, .30g, what's it's real value, please?

seedy53,

StringTheorista

Me. I loaded a bowl with about .15 medium ground herb (I’m guessing about weight here, about 2 dynavap tips straw-packed) and visited it 2-3 pulls at a time on demand all day. I kept the microdosing disc screwed down, and put a screen over the bowl. Works well for this type of microdosing on demand, for a relative low tolerance user. Once capsules are available I’ll load even less, so I can get more of the early terpy hits.

I’m also not using it at high temps: starting at 360F and going up to about 380 as the bowl gets more cooked.

Last edited:

SkyBucket

The Ryot “HeadCase” fits. It’s a little bulky, has a lot of padding because I think it’s intended for a glass pipe. There’s a Ryot “HardCase” that looks slimmer and more like a sunglasses case. Not sure that one will fit, was hoping someone here has one and can do a fit check
I saw the hardcase. Also looked like 2 sizes.
on my ALP, without removing anything, my oven's weed grind & pack, with proper session heat, when i'am done with a bowel, i turn alp over and tap on the bottom and open door slowly and sitting-on the micro disc is a beautiful, brown av puck. i brush off into my hand or av jar.
Me. I loaded a bowl with about .15 medium ground herb (I’m guessing about weight here, about 2 dynavap tips straw-packed) and visited it 2-3 pulls at a time on demand all day. I kept the microdosing disc screwed down, and put a screen over the bowl. Works well for this type of microdosing on demand, for a relative low tolerance user. Once capsules are available I’ll load even less, so I can get more of the early terpy hits.

I’m also not using it at high temps: starting at 360F and going up to about 380 as the bowl gets more cooked.
Can’t wait for those capsules. Someone said November?

Just going to be such quicker easier loading/unloading.

Dustin McKief

Sounds pretty good! I need to ask basic questions.

Why do you prefer a screen to the disk?

Why does a capsule allow loading less than a screen?

Dustin McKief,

Crescendo

Anyone know on avg how long the 3200 factory battery takes to fully charge? I'm going on 2 hours, and it's been blinking on the last bar for 40mins.

Also, is it safe to charge with a rapid usb-c charger? Would that help cut how much time it takes to charge?

Thanks for help.

Crescendo,

felvapes

Sounds pretty good! I need to ask basic questions.

Why do you prefer a screen to the disk?

Why does a capsule allow loading less than a screen?
Remove the small gold screen
Clogs and restricts airflow

Screw door disc half way out for airflow underneath
Mighty mesh screen on weed to keep it all clean

The puck on door method still leaves bits of crap around the seal etc
Screen on bowl keeps everything clean and you can remove the small screen

On demand mode full temp all day for best quality vapour and taste

felvapes

Would be great to see 2 size capsules. One for the normal disk to vape 0.25/0.3 and another for the new disk to vape 0.05/0.1.
But it is just an idea :brow:
I think it may work regardless of the size cap
The small load loose pack or full load pack both work currently
I'll be removing the disc all together once a full sized cap is released

Top Bottom