• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

seedy53

This is not the same thing at all. You aren't measuring the temp of the bowl on a pid. It's the temperature of the coil. If you bake your weed at 650f you will have only ashes after.
ok. it was an weak example, maybe it's not relevant, but don't think the setting of ALP shows true oven temp, either.
The outside air being sucked/blowing over it's oven coil area, is just below the oven's consumption area for the flower-
Either way convection/conduction is from radiated heat and air movement. So many factors would effect the actual oven temps heat estimates on pid controler or ALP display are reference points, ie. a general idea of what the temp. might or should be.
Hopefully, i've provided a little food for thought and my limited understanding, right or wrong.

Last edited:

RxPlorer

There will be people that will abuse everything they can. But if Airvape wants the Pro to be a great concentrate vaporizer the heat needs to be at least 474F min. for certain concentrates. WAX mode notification/warning should be enough to protect Airvape from responsibility. As far as a bad experience for flower users that use wax mode for flower that's on them. I use flower more than concentrates but i know others who bad mouth the low wax mode temp too. ALP is promoted as a ALL in One portable and that's the hiccup in wax mode that make others buy a devoted wax pen products. Anyway i hope something positive can be done about wax mode max heat settings. maybe a step-up 10 degree at a time in wax mode or 2 setting 464F and 500F with a 1 minute limit
Good news for you is that the temp sensor is reading low on the ALP. It's probably already reaching 474!

Last edited:

seedy53

Good news for you is that the temp sensor is running low on the ALP. It's probably already reaching 474!
nioce, more heat please. give me 484f and i would be a happy old bitch lol. it would be good enough at 484f really

seedy53,

felvapes

agreed, but having more heat ability settings would improve the wax mode.
Higher heat would not necessarily cook the weed in a bad way.
Example would be the use of ball vap units.
they allow a sweet terpy one hit at 650F or 550F.
I want the extra heat for 1 or 2 big hits without the slow draw, like flower.
I don't slow draw with this vape or ballers at all
I find they work much more naturally than the old slow long style of old vapes
My ball vapes I run between 580 and 620 - that is not the heat you are vaping the weed at though and is just a setting to achieve results (this temp changes depending where you set your screen height)
The ALP works better for weed (for me) highest temp, on demand, decent strength draws and gives a similar result for a portable (definitely how we use it is going to change the actual bowl temps)
Extra heat would combust the weed for sure looking at my avb as is - but as you say there is no reason people have to turn it up higher if settings allowed

I think the ALP works as well as other weed portables for trates such as the dv etc, it's true a few extra degrees may help some trates melt (I don't slow draw with it though as is)
But I am yet to see any weed vape that does trates properly - or a trate rig that does weed well (there's a few devices of either that try to do both)
So have been satisfied with the ability to do rosin/feco in the ALP and have been extremely pleased with it for weed
It's retiring my other portables atm (for weed)
But I still like to have weed vapes for weed and my trate vapes for trates

Last edited:

seedy53

wax mode is all i want to improve, not flower. if you are using 464f for weed flower, i can not relate since combustion is at 451f. i never went higher than 420f for flower. the original legacy had 500f setting for wax and was told it was the king of portable for wax products. it would be nice to have a higher setting

felvapes

wax mode is all i want to improve, not flower. if you are using 464f for weed flower, i can not relate since combustion is at 451f. i never went higher than 420f for flower. the original legacy had 500f setting for wax and was told it was the king of portable for wax products. it would be nice to have a higher setting
That's the thing, this vape seems to read at a higher temp than what is happening in the bowl - as I was saying earlier other vapes I own would combust at the temps I use the ALP
Also I use it in on demand mode at 464
Session mode I mentioned I used it around 420-435ish max as the conduction cooks it more
I have not had it combust in session mode at full temp but the avb is too dark and not where I like to vape, it is as close to combustion as it gets and the flavour has gone

I only use it in on demand mode now though for weed at full temp with strong draws - no slow long annoying draws (even with slow draws it doesn't give more vapour)
Draw, inhale, blow clouds, get high
Tastes better to me as the fresh airflow over the weed with a decent draw strength keeps it tasty and not cooked by the oven as with slow draws or session mode

As you yourself mentioned the temps are not exact as to what is happening to the weed
Like I mentioned with the ballers we aren't vaping the weed at 580-620 that the PID shows - it's just a setting to get the desired result, whatever the weed temp is in reality

You know combustion from the flavour and black ash
I get a nice even brown avb using on demand full temp decent draw

I do use full temp in session mode for trates on the liquid pad
I hadn't heard the og called the king of portable trate rigs - I do know many ppl (myself included) have been looking for a decent portable dab/trate rig
I imagined a different form factor would be more ideal for trates - I could be wrong if ppl say og legacy is the go
I prefer a bucket type surface even if in a pen or something myself
I use the ALP liquid pad to wipe my hot knife on after a dab and save it up until a nice amount is there, this is the only time I use it for trates

For weed though (for me), full temp on demand strong draws and the ALP is winning against all my other portables atm

Last edited:

seedy53

when you go over 430f you are supposed to go into a shorter cycle session wax mode, i thought. i never realized that you can use on demand in wax mode and i thought wax mode switches to max setting of 464F no choice? Currently i'm low on flower and do not want to experiment. But explain to me or show me that you can use variable temps in wax mode cause i thought 464f was default setting?

seedy53,

Okla68

Technically the Wax Mode starts at 428°F up to 464°F according to the display. Session or On Demand !!
Personally, I prefer Flower/Concentrate sandwiches as opposed to trates alone. Using with the Disc removed and a 15mm screen placed on top of load. Set at 428°F, session mode.
I find the ALP a Beast for Flower or Concentrates.
May have to reexamine my OG for future Concentrate use. As it is, reboxed and Not in any type of rotation

Last edited:

seedy53

I have a Legacy SE that I've only used for concentrates. It's a monster, easily the best concentrate device I've found outside of a dedicated banger.
I just read that the og legacy and legacy SE highest temp is 464F. When it first came out wasn't og legacy 500F max.? must have been a software heat setting change or i made a mistake and there never was a 500F heat setting? We need a company rep to tell us if it was ever a 500F setting on the first year Legacy Vaporizer

seedy53,

fogbank

But explain to me or show me that you can use variable temps in wax mode cause i thought 464f was default setting?
I use 428F, which shows as "Wax Mode" on the display. I only vape concentrates with the Legacy Pro, using the concentrate pad. Works great for me. It does require a long slow draw (30 seconds or more) to get it going, but once it's up to temp it produces nice clouds without too much heat.

seedy53

I use 428F, which shows as "Wax Mode" on the display. I only vape concentrates with the Legacy Pro, using the concentrate pad. Works great for me. It does require a long slow draw (30 seconds or more) to get it going, but once it's up to temp it produces nice clouds without too much heat.
what kind of trates? what about :
wax, shatter, live resin, crumble, rosin, kief, etc
what temps on them if you use

seedy53,

Lennyyyyy

Hi,

I did try the dosing capsule, and it is awesome! More even heat distribution and less chance to combust!

For the wax temperature, I hear you guys! I will address this with the engineering team! The problem is that people will use high temp with dry herb, which will combust, giving a bad user experience... Anyway, I will discuss it with the team.

As the wireless charger, All mobile charger will work perfectly:)
How have you packed the bowl ?
Tight or soft ?
Fine grinded herb or medium ?

Does anything change technically compared to use without capsules ? ( for example the inhalation technique )

Sorry for the questions but I’m not used to dosing capsules

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
How have you packed the bowl ?
Tight or soft ?
Fine grinded herb or medium ?

Does anything change technically compared to use without capsules ? ( for example the inhalation technique )

Sorry for the questions but I’m not used to dosing capsules
packed loose, no grind just tear down some nugs from a flower.

It is hard to say, what changes, it gives even heat distribution and keeps the bowl clean, but no change in how to inhale.

fogbank

what kind of trates? what about :
wax, shatter, live resin, crumble, rosin, kief, etc
what temps on them if you use
I have access to all types of concentrates in a state legal market. I have not tried any types of dry concentrates, only badder, sauce, live resin (I think). I don't pay too much attention to what I'm buying as long as it's not dry sift or kief etc..

I use 428F for all concentrates. I take a "dry" draw to heat the concentrate pad before applying the concentrate. I have only had one batch of concentrate that would not melt completely into the pad - it left little granules behind.

428F works great for me. Other devices I have tried (XMax Qomo and Puffco Plus) were too hot for my taste and often left me coughing. The lower temp of the Legacy Pro allows me to use concentrates without excessive coughing.

felvapes

I have access to all types of concentrates in a state legal market. I have not tried any types of dry concentrates, only badder, sauce, live resin (I think). I don't pay too much attention to what I'm buying as long as it's not dry sift or kief etc..

I use 428F for all concentrates. I take a "dry" draw to heat the concentrate pad before applying the concentrate. I have only had one batch of concentrate that would not melt completely into the pad - it left little granules behind.

428F works great for me. Other devices I have tried (XMax Qomo and Puffco Plus) were too hot for my taste and often left me coughing. The lower temp of the Legacy Pro allows me to use concentrates without excessive coughing.
I haven't tried a qomo but heard feedback from a mate
The puffco plus has not had good reviews from ppl I've spoken to and isn't where I would look for trates

Even at 464 session mode it isn't what I want for dabs - but it works well as far as weed vapes go (better than mighty/hr edge etc), just not what I'm searching for in regards to trates

I want a portable trate vape that will be done in a couple draws, I don't like stretching them out with wispy hits (same with flower)
So the ALP works for me but isn't a trates rocker
It kicks arse at weed - and kief for that matter, and is satisfactory for trates

seedy53

packed loose, no grind just tear down some nugs from a flower.

It is hard to say, what changes, it gives even heat distribution and keeps the bowl clean, but no change in how to inhale.
Not to argue with the master here but a medium to course grind from my SCS or BC into a fluffy, airy, mj product that vaps beautifully. Just tearing a nug and cramming in oven is not the way for me and many others. I get big hits at 400F with nice golden (kind of dark) AVB. Does everyone just tear a nug and vap it at high temp? seems wasteful TBH

felvapes

Not to argue with the master here but a medium to course grind from my SCS or BC into a fluffy, airy, mj product that vaps beautifully. Just tearing a nug and cramming in oven is not the way for me and many others. I get big hits at 400F with nice golden (kind of dark) AVB. Does everyone just tear a nug and vap it at high temp? seems wasteful TBH
464 on demand strong draw
I use a fine grind plate in my BCG
I always grind my weed in all my vapes
Vapes like the DV can use nugs torn or a grind - I prefer a grind
I guess it just shows the versatility of a vape if it is capable of more than one method of loading and using

Last edited:
Top Bottom