• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

Okla68

This thing is awesome, got it today and just tried it out. Crazy how it was even smoother than in the bubbler pipe I normally use. The flavor was cleaner, more enjoyable and I noticed notes I hadn't before. And the default session time seemed about perfect. The high hasn't even set in yet, but I dig how easy it is to use and how weighty it feels in my hand.

Definitely going to have to adjust to learn how to inhale, the 1st few tries I got nothing. The hits that worked, if I toked like that on my water bubbler I would have damn near killed myself lol

I can feel the high settling in, I smoked Apple Fritter and maybe overdid it lol. I didn't weigh anything out I just ground up a small bud and took like 7 hits in the 3 minute session.

Might have been too much to start with, but damn I feel good. And I don't even know if I have the good mouthpiece everyone's saying to use. This is a badass machine, and I still can't get over how it the flavor was even better than in the bubbler, where I already thought this bud was pretty damn tasty. I set it to 380f and it just worked.

Kudos to Airvape this is my new favorite toy!
There is No "good or bad" mouth pieces. Seems the ones that come with the Pro are not tight enough and can come lose. The MP from the original Legacy fits Better. Otherwise No Difference !

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I'm traveling in Europe. If you have a mouthpiece issue, please send me a private message.

The dosing capsule will be here soon, this forum gets the pre-order first as soon as it is available. I will let you know, guys!

It is an honor to read how much you enjoy the product, and I copy some of the comments here to encourage our team to do even better work. Thanks for the great comments!

Happy vaping!

PS: Here is a podcast with us if you want to know how we build this company.

Last edited:

PowerPuff

WooHoo! USPS says my Airvape Legacy Pro is being delivered today! I'm really looking forward to figuring out if this will cover my needs for a smooth hitting portable vape.

There is No "good or bad" mouth pieces. Seems the ones that come with the Pro are not tight enough and can come lose. The MP from the original Legacy fits Better. Otherwise No Difference !
Do you know if the previous generation mouthpieces will fit the Legacy Pro?

fig

I got a Legacy Pro a couple of weeks ago as my first dry herb vape, and while I like the airflow, the taste, and the coolness of the vapor, it’s just not hitting hard enough, so I’m hoping for some tips. I initially imagined I would mostly use it in on-demand mode but really could not get a good hit that way. I’m now mostly using session mode at 392 F, inhaling for about seven seconds, taking at least five draws per session. I’ve tried varying the bowl size and packing density between .15 and .23 grams. Vapor is thin but present and the ABV is pretty evenly medium-dark brown by the time I give up on the bowl. It doesn’t seem to be an overall tolerance issue because I can still get properly sorted from smoking half a bowl but it’s taking more than twice that with the vape, which is bad for my budget.
Is there something else I can try to increase the effects?

fig,

Orvaxxx

I got a Legacy Pro a couple of weeks ago as my first dry herb vape, and while I like the airflow, the taste, and the coolness of the vapor, it’s just not hitting hard enough, so I’m hoping for some tips. I initially imagined I would mostly use it in on-demand mode but really could not get a good hit that way. I’m now mostly using session mode at 392 F, inhaling for about seven seconds, taking at least five draws per session. I’ve tried varying the bowl size and packing density between .15 and .23 grams. Vapor is thin but present and the ABV is pretty evenly medium-dark brown by the time I give up on the bowl. It doesn’t seem to be an overall tolerance issue because I can still get properly sorted from smoking half a bowl but it’s taking more than twice that with the vape, which is bad for my budget.
It took me some time to get used too the vape high, this is different from combustion. The first time I didn’t feel anything.
Have you tried increasing the temperature?

bigheaded1

So this won't help you at all, but I've had mine a week. I don't know what I did differently last night, but the 2nd bowl I loaded was drawing like there had been a block for a week that finally opened up. It hit way harder and produced way more cloud. It was night and day different from the 1st bowl to the 2nd. And every night previous was like the 1st.

And it was the same herb ran thru the same grinder. All I can think is maybe I loaded it with more herb so tonight I'm going to try that again. Prior to that, I wondered if it should be hitting better cloud wise. Apparently, I need to pay more attention because now I know the difference, I want it to work like that every time.

My temp was about the same, I think it dropped it from 345 to 340, but that shouldn't make that noticeable of a difference, I'm not sure what else it could be. I guess I need to practice more,

bigheaded1,
Reactions: fig

EarthworldTim

I use the pro exclusively in on demand mode but I'd argue session is the way to go if you want to medicate faster. Generally I start in the 380s and step it up about 10 degrees or so each rip until I get to 415 or so. When I hold the button to begin heating I usually start drawing 2 seconds before the unit will reach temp and vibrate to get the air flowing through the herb. Long and slow draws get me some pretty large clouds at these temps but you could start at 400 or so if you want massive clouds right off the bat. If I'm wanting a really flavorful rip I start around 370.

fig

It took me some time to get used too the vape high, this is different from combustion. The first time I didn’t feel anything.
Have you tried increasing the temperature?
Tried running it up to 402. Taste is a bit harsh but it’s definitely hitting a bit harder and producing more vapor, so thanks for that tip.

I use the pro exclusively in on demand mode but I'd argue session is the way to go if you want to medicate faster. Generally I start in the 380s and step it up about 10 degrees or so each rip until I get to 415 or so. When I hold the button to begin heating I usually start drawing 2 seconds before the unit will reach temp and vibrate to get the air flowing through the herb. Long and slow draws get me some pretty large clouds at these temps but you could start at 400 or so if you want massive clouds right off the bat. If I'm wanting a really flavorful rip I start around 370.
Thanks for sharing these details; I’ll try that out. When using on demand mode, do you tend to also shift the temps or do you stay at a set temp?

EarthworldTim

Thanks for sharing these details; I’ll try that out. When using on demand mode, do you tend to also shift the temps or do you stay at a set temp?
Sometimes I leave it at the same temp for two hits but I generally step it up each time I hit it, depends on what I'm going for. I haven't noticed bowl size making a huge difference unless I over pack it and then the air flow gets restricted.

EarthworldTim,

MagnumMafia05

I been at max temp for on demand and love the quicker and stronger hits (reminds me of my dynavap sessions). Session I use to do 330 and step up every 30 degrees. But now I set it at 380f. Seems the session mode heats up how the on demand should and vice versa. I get better hits on session at the same temp than on demand. Maybe I'm losing my mind.

felvapes

I've been enjoying my ALP since it arrived
Had it for a while now
I've found the company to be very responsive via email and extremely polite and helpful, they answer any questions I've had about specs/materials etc and seem eager to address any issues the customer has
The lifetime guarantee and customer loyalty discounts for future purchases also make the transaction feel more valuable

I have removed the small gold screen all together and find the airflow much better
I use a mighty wide mesh screen on the bowl to keep everything clean and easy to empty etc
Atm I leave the dosing disc on at about half way, keeps the screen in place so no avb escapes
I am eagerly looking forward to dosing caps (I think solid side walls that fit the chamber and mesh/screen top bottom would be great) and will remove the gold disc completely then like the small screen

I've found this vape very easy to use and maintain with the above mods
It has been a mighty killer for me and has been retiring most of my portables
The temperatures do seem to read higher than they are, I use this at higher temps than other vapes where it would normally combust
I get very good extraction that hits hard and tastes great - very smooth for a dry vape, I normally use water with everything but find I hit this dry
You can take small draws and have a 5 minute session, or you can hit it with big draws and finish a bowl very quickly in a couple of draws - the vape seems to respond best to decent strength draws and higher airflow than other vapes
In session mode I've found 400-435 is good for full extraction
I like on demand mode the best and use it on full temperature 464 for this method
I have never combusted in this vape but in session mode full temp it can get very dark and as close as it gets

Works well in session mode on full temp for rosin or feco on the concentrate pad
I also find the heater works differently for session and on demand modes and almost are the opposite to how they should be - session mode it feels like it heats quicker and the first draw is thicker

Very happy with both the ALP and the company so far
Well done Apollo and cheers for a good product and experience dealing with your company

I crank mine to 450ish. Get way thicker clouds. No charming, verrrry dark brown

JustAnotherCritic

Wow! 450 that's pretty up there. I get decent enough clouds at 370 that it makes me cough out a lung if I hit it for too long. I usually like it in the 360-370 temp range just because of the flavor.

For me to get big clouds at 370 I take a long, slow inhale, imagine you're breathing through a thin drinking straw, like a full inhale takes me 20 seconds.

But then again, my goal isn't clouds, but efficient, flavorful extraction, so the lower temps with smaller clouds are fine to me.

Reez79

What’s the code to get 50% off? Was mentioned on Reddit but no one knows the actual code

Reez79,

fig

Wow! 450 that's pretty up there. I get decent enough clouds at 370 that it makes me cough out a lung if I hit it for too long. I usually like it in the 360-370 temp range just because of the flavor.

For me to get big clouds at 370 I take a long, slow inhale, imagine you're breathing through a thin drinking straw, like a full inhale takes me 20 seconds.

But then again, my goal isn't clouds, but efficient, flavorful extraction, so the lower temps with smaller clouds are fine to me.
I think what was happening for me is I just wasn’t using enough draw strength. As a user of nicotine vapes, my frame of reference for what “long and slow” means was mis-calibrated.
Now I find I can get good results in both session and on-demand modes and at temps between 370 and 405 or so and am very happy.

JustAnotherCritic

I think what was happening for me is I just wasn’t using enough draw strength. As a user of nicotine vapes, my frame of reference for what “long and slow” means was mis-calibrated.
Now I find I can get good results in both session and on-demand modes and at temps between 370 and 405 or so and am very happy.

That seems to be a pretty regular occurrence. Nicotine vapes and dry herb vapes require different methods for efficient usage. Glad you're catching on and getting better results from it!

JustAnotherCritic,

1973PortlandToker

I assume the new dosing capsules will come with a new Pro unit?

I have no problem buying the dosing capsule as a separate accessory, just wondering if it also will come with a new unit. I haven't bought an AirVape yet, because I'm waiting for the dosing capsules to be released. Either way is fine with me.

1973PortlandToker,
Top Bottom