• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

InvisiKat

I discovered that I can produce very tasty and visible vapor, starting at 150°C in session mode.

I'm waiting for the dosing capsules to be launched.
Is that something that’s confirmed to be coming out? Sorry if its already been mentioned somewhere else ITT.

InvisiKat,

Pukka

Hello Gary-Airvape,

Would you happen to know how the magnets on the Legacy lid are attached? I've got one that needs reattachment ...

sickmanfraud

I have a bit of a confession to make. Last week when I needed to go to the hospital my Airvape Legacy Pro won the reach test.

My main requirement was no coughing. No Coughing while vaping native.

I have learned how to extract my medicine with minimal coughing using my Airvape Legacy Pro.

InvisiKat

Is Airvape kinda lagging on tracking notifications? I’m fairly sure I see the package on USPS informed delivery, at the originating post office. But no email from Airvape, and I ordered on Wednesday,

InvisiKat,

mephisto

I choose the Legacy over my TM daily. Very smooth, reliable, great battery life.
Never thought I would switch, both solid machines. The Legacy stays cleaner longer for me as well. I am getting lazy(er) so I basically blow out the bowl and the lid at the completion of an adjustment, and I wipe the gold screen off with my thumb. Still punching face uncleaned since initial startup about 3 months ago. Great work, and Thanks to @Gary-Airvape for taking the time to address shipping concerns in a vape thread.

MedMJ22

I have a bit of a confession to make. Last week when I needed to go to the hospital my Airvape Legacy Pro won the reach test.

My main requirement was no coughing. No Coughing while vaping native.

I have learned how to extract my medicine with minimal coughing using my Airvape Legacy Pro.
Same. Had my gallbladder removed in an emergency and two hernias repaired at the same time earlier this summer and used the LP Pro for pain relief as it never makes me cough. It was great because coughing was excruciating for the first few days.

Looking forward to the capsules.

LA_Razr

I choose the Legacy over my TM daily. Very smooth, reliable, great battery life.
Never thought I would switch, both solid machines. The Legacy stays cleaner longer for me as well. I am getting lazy(er) so I basically blow out the bowl and the lid at the completion of an adjustment, and I wipe the gold screen off with my thumb. Still punching face uncleaned since initial startup about 3 months ago. Great work, and Thanks to @Gary-Airvape for taking the time to address shipping concerns in a vape thread.
I’ve also been waiting on capsules to arrive, but exactly this; as my thumb is pressing to power-down, my other hand is opening the door to empty avb. Very easy to dump & nearly no mess. But still getting the capsules.

Will make for a great outdoor/adventure device.

sickmanfraud

I just received an email from AirvapeUSA.

They are offering the Legacy for $100 off.

Once you have the Legacy you can upgrade for 50% ($135).

So a person can buy a Legacy for $100, and upgrade to a Legacy Pro for $135 which means for $235 you can have a Legacy and a Legacy Pro.

On a different topic; @Gary-Airvape I think the replacements for the gold microdosing disc should be available on the website. If it has to be removed to clean the silicone it will get lost, roll under the fridge, etc.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
I just received an email from AirvapeUSA.

They are offering the Legacy for $100 off.

Once you have the Legacy you can upgrade for 50% ($135).

So a person can buy a Legacy for $100, and upgrade to a Legacy Pro for $135 which means for $235 you can have a Legacy and a Legacy Pro.

On a different topic; @Gary-Airvape I think the replacements for the gold microdosing disc should be available on the website. If it has to be removed to clean the silicone it will get lost, roll under the fridge, etc.
Hi,
The new discs will be available soon with the dosing capsule.
We will make different-sized dosing discs;)

JustAnotherCritic

I grabbed a set of 15mm screens to use on top of the bowls and it's been great. No need to brush any debris off the cap or clean the little screen, just dump the bowl in my abv container and fish out the screen for the next bowl. I found 16mm screens just a touch too big, what we really need are official AirVape screens that are like 15.5mm or whatever would fit perfectly in the bowl without getting stuck.

Archive

Updates and thoughts.

I did finally receive the mini water bong with the male water-bong attachment. The male glass adapter slips over the mouthpiece with a little rubber sleeve/gasket covering your ceramic mouthpiece, making it even longer and more prone to falling out of the device with the glass attached. I have to be careful not to turn the device sideways because the slightest wrong bump sends the glass to the floor. I'd definitely try not to use this over a hard concrete surface to avoid dropping the mouthpiece/bong adapter and breaking it.

The mini-bong works well, although it does require two hands to really properly hold everything (or else the mouth piece will be levered sideways out of the device). This makes it a slight pain to use on-demand mode, as you're holding the glass with one hand, pressing it lightly into the legacy pro to ensure the mouthpiece doesn't pop out, and you're trying to simultaneously hold the on-demand button. When I'm using the device native (no water piece), I am always using on-demand mode... but I've found myself favoring session mode with the water piece.

I bought this thing thinking I'd be using the legacy pro through a much larger water piece I already owned using the male bong adapter that comes with the mini-piece, but the mini-piece it came with was small enough and good enough that it gained a permanent spot in my stash box. The convenience of it means I've used it pretty much non-stop since. For a small portable water piece I find it acceptable. It reduces or removes any coughing on higher-temp hits and makes lower-temp draws cool to the extent I don't notice them at all. To be completely frank, the legacy pro puts out cool enough vapor that you don't really NEED a water piece, but using one does noticeably increase comfort/coolness enough that I think it's worthwhile... especially if I'm using wax at the max temp setting. This absolutely reduces the itchy-lung feeling that wax gives me. I still vastly prefer to use this device with flower, though.

As for use... you have to be careful not to overfill the little mini-glass with water. It self-siphons the entire liquid contents right out the bottom of the piece if you over-fill, which surprised me with a lap full of water the first time I did it. Filling it too much or drawing too hard on it also ends up splashing some water up high enough that it'll hit you in the lips, which I'm not a fan of. Once you've dialed in the proper amount to fill (no wet lips, no wet lap) you'll be fine.

I'm still happy with the legacy pro and I no desire to replace it. This thing absolutely gets me everywhere I want to go and I can really dial in the high I want. While it's nice to hit face-melt from time to time (three long draws on-demand at 420F on a fresh bowl is serious business, and doing that a few times in a row will render me non-functional for awhile), it's also nice to be able to get a lighter and more creative/productive high from the same device (I like 340F on-demand, sipping on the device until I reach the right headspace for writing my novels). One loose bowl will get me there, and a re-fill will keep the good times rolling for hours.

Obviously everyone has their own way of using this device, and I'd love to hear what your method is, but here's my own experiments and their results:

420F, ON DEMAND, begin drawing from cold when you push the button, draw deep and slow and steady until the device buzzes (your lungs should hit full right about then), let go of the button, hold a few seconds, exhale. On the second and third hit, wait until the device buzzes before you take your draw. Same deal - long draw, fill lungs, hold a couple seconds, exhale. At this point my bowl is usually looking pretty brown. I might stir and do one more hit, or I might just empty it and go with a fresh bowl because things start getting rough on the lungs after that third hit. I know it's still putting out vapor and I know I could go further, but a fresh bowl is so much more appealing at that point.

Result: Very heavily medicated, comfortable, sedated. Couch-lock is possible, especially if I repeat this with another bowl. I can only do something like this at night, because it's going to put me on my ass. I definitely use the mini water-bong for this, as it keeps each hit more comfortable.

340F, ON DEMAND, begin drawing from cold when you push the button, draw deep and slow and steady until the device buzzes and continue drawing beyond the buzz until your lungs are full. The first hit is pure flavor and light vapor. The next 2-3 hits are smooth and clean with lots of vapor, especially if you take them quickly after the first (before things have had a chance to cool down). The bowl isn't cashed at this point, and can be sipped to keep the feelings going (or you can up the temp and couch-lock yourself). By keeping temps low and being careful not to over-consume I'm able to keep the good times rolling for hours off 1-2 bowls used in this way.

Result: Light head-happy creative high. I feel productive and thoughtful and I'm able to work/write/do things around the house. While I don't usually use during the daylight hours, this does help me punch through the occasional writers block or boring task because it gives me the sensations I'm looking for without the brain-fog. I don't really need the water bong for this. It's usually just me and my legacy pro being used native in front of a keyboard.

YMMV based on individual tolerance, of course, but this is what I've dialed in on as the best methods to get where I want to be.

How are you using the device? Care to share your method and the results?

kokolokokolokon

Updates and thoughts.

I did finally receive the mini water bong with the male water-bong attachment. The male glass adapter slips over the mouthpiece with a little rubber sleeve/gasket covering your ceramic mouthpiece, making it even longer and more prone to falling out of the device with the glass attached. I have to be careful not to turn the device sideways because the slightest wrong bump sends the glass to the floor. I'd definitely try not to use this over a hard concrete surface to avoid dropping the mouthpiece/bong adapter and breaking it.

The mini-bong works well, although it does require two hands to really properly hold everything (or else the mouth piece will be levered sideways out of the device). This makes it a slight pain to use on-demand mode, as you're holding the glass with one hand, pressing it lightly into the legacy pro to ensure the mouthpiece doesn't pop out, and you're trying to simultaneously hold the on-demand button. When I'm using the device native (no water piece), I am always using on-demand mode... but I've found myself favoring session mode with the water piece.

I bought this thing thinking I'd be using the legacy pro through a much larger water piece I already owned using the male bong adapter that comes with the mini-piece, but the mini-piece it came with was small enough and good enough that it gained a permanent spot in my stash box. The convenience of it means I've used it pretty much non-stop since. For a small portable water piece I find it acceptable. It reduces or removes any coughing on higher-temp hits and makes lower-temp draws cool to the extent I don't notice them at all. To be completely frank, the legacy pro puts out cool enough vapor that you don't really NEED a water piece, but using one does noticeably increase comfort/coolness enough that I think it's worthwhile... especially if I'm using wax at the max temp setting. This absolutely reduces the itchy-lung feeling that wax gives me. I still vastly prefer to use this device with flower, though.

As for use... you have to be careful not to overfill the little mini-glass with water. It self-siphons the entire liquid contents right out the bottom of the piece if you over-fill, which surprised me with a lap full of water the first time I did it. Filling it too much or drawing too hard on it also ends up splashing some water up high enough that it'll hit you in the lips, which I'm not a fan of. Once you've dialed in the proper amount to fill (no wet lips, no wet lap) you'll be fine.

I'm still happy with the legacy pro and I no desire to replace it. This thing absolutely gets me everywhere I want to go and I can really dial in the high I want. While it's nice to hit face-melt from time to time (three long draws on-demand at 420F on a fresh bowl is serious business, and doing that a few times in a row will render me non-functional for awhile), it's also nice to be able to get a lighter and more creative/productive high from the same device (I like 340F on-demand, sipping on the device until I reach the right headspace for writing my novels). One loose bowl will get me there, and a re-fill will keep the good times rolling for hours.

Obviously everyone has their own way of using this device, and I'd love to hear what your method is, but here's my own experiments and their results:

420F, ON DEMAND, begin drawing from cold when you push the button, draw deep and slow and steady until the device buzzes (your lungs should hit full right about then), let go of the button, hold a few seconds, exhale. On the second and third hit, wait until the device buzzes before you take your draw. Same deal - long draw, fill lungs, hold a couple seconds, exhale. At this point my bowl is usually looking pretty brown. I might stir and do one more hit, or I might just empty it and go with a fresh bowl because things start getting rough on the lungs after that third hit. I know it's still putting out vapor and I know I could go further, but a fresh bowl is so much more appealing at that point.

Result: Very heavily medicated, comfortable, sedated. Couch-lock is possible, especially if I repeat this with another bowl. I can only do something like this at night, because it's going to put me on my ass. I definitely use the mini water-bong for this, as it keeps each hit more comfortable.

340F, ON DEMAND, begin drawing from cold when you push the button, draw deep and slow and steady until the device buzzes and continue drawing beyond the buzz until your lungs are full. The first hit is pure flavor and light vapor. The next 2-3 hits are smooth and clean with lots of vapor, especially if you take them quickly after the first (before things have had a chance to cool down). The bowl isn't cashed at this point, and can be sipped to keep the feelings going (or you can up the temp and couch-lock yourself). By keeping temps low and being careful not to over-consume I'm able to keep the good times rolling for hours off 1-2 bowls used in this way.

Result: Light head-happy creative high. I feel productive and thoughtful and I'm able to work/write/do things around the house. While I don't usually use during the daylight hours, this does help me punch through the occasional writers block or boring task because it gives me the sensations I'm looking for without the brain-fog. I don't really need the water bong for this. It's usually just me and my legacy pro being used native in front of a keyboard.

YMMV based on individual tolerance, of course, but this is what I've dialed in on as the best methods to get where I want to be.

How are you using the device? Care to share your method and the results?
Nice review!
i feel the legacy can be very polyvalent as you said.

-For read: A book -> On demand (Normal moment-> 175-190ºC, Before sleep-> around 200-210ºC )
Comic -> short? then session 5-10min (150-175ºC, or 175-190 before sleep), long? on demand, just like a book
-Playing instruments: -> On demand 175ºC (you can get a good brown abv without stepping up the temp)
-Playing games: -> no long pauses? On demand 175-185ºC, with long pauses/cinematics/long deathtime? 3 min session 165ºC
-Drawing: Totally on demand 175ºC
-Watching films/series: -> just like comics books. long film? -> on demand, Short series -> session, some short episodes? -> on demand
-Talking: the other people are talking much?->10 min session, Am i talking much? -> on demand, Am i already high? -> on demand
-Do i want to be high as fuck? -> only thc oven (i use to mix thc with cbd 1:3) on demand 200ºC 2/3 hits and then session mode 210ºC making the abv almost black

With a 10 min session starting at 150ºC and ending at 175ºC it is just like a mighty (some days ago i did the comparison with a mighty+), a session starting at 175ºC it something like the dynavap, on demand mode at 180ºC is like a light tinymight (dial at 6/6.5).

BUT, after using dynavap, tinymight and v3 with capsules a long time i need the capsules and the new disks. My consume has been elevated a little...much xd and these other devices are easy to clean

Last edited:

1973PortlandToker

420F, ON DEMAND, begin drawing from cold when you push the button, draw deep and slow and steady until the device buzzes (your lungs should hit full right about then), let go of the button, hold a few seconds, exhale. . . . Result: Very heavily medicated, comfortable, sedated. Couch-lock is possible, especially if I repeat this with another bowl. I can only do something like this at night, because it's going to put me on my ass. I definitely use the mini water-bong for this, as it keeps each hit more comfortable.

340F, ON DEMAND, begin drawing from cold when you push the button, draw deep and slow and steady until the device buzzes and continue drawing beyond the buzz until your lungs are full. . . . Result: Light head-happy creative high. I feel productive and thoughtful and I'm able to work/write/do things around the house.

Just to clarify, do the different effects at different temperatures happen when you're using the water bong, or when using the Airvape alone, or either way?

Last edited:
1973PortlandToker,

InvisiKat

I hope this is appropriate to share here. Just wanted to say I got a pack of “razor brushes”, and they’re really good for brushing out the ALP. Much better than the included brush, stiff bristles.

I’ve been enjoying this new vape. I like to set it at 410 for 3 minutes and just take a few big rips. I know my vaping style is different from most. Haven’t had to do more than brush it out so far.

tanksndudes

I saw a CHRISSY420 code not too long ago that resulted in 50% off. Anyone know if there’s a 50% code floating around at the moment?

tanksndudes,
Reactions: Ariwe

dieezus

I grabbed a set of 15mm screens to use on top of the bowls and it's been great. No need to brush any debris off the cap or clean the little screen, just dump the bowl in my abv container and fish out the screen for the next bowl. I found 16mm screens just a touch too big, what we really need are official AirVape screens that are like 15.5mm or whatever would fit perfectly in the bowl without getting stuck.
+1, I've taken out the microdosing disk entirely in favor of a 15mm screen. My user experience is 100x better imo

bigheaded1

I can't resist I gotta order one of these Wed, hopefully their new shipping center's somewhere close to So Cal. It's gonna be hard to wait to get it. I didn't even know this vaporizer existed a week ago. After I discovered these forums I did some reading and learned the few vapes I had on my list were best avoided. This thread in particular really set my mind on getting a Legacy Pro.

Thank you to all, I know I haven't even ordered it yet. But from all the talk here I don't see any way I won't love it.

Top Bottom