AirVape Legacy Pro

Shimsham

There is no contact with the coil. It is a gold plate zink-alloy oven where the heat meets the herb.
I'm asking about the heating coils in it. I understand the conduction heater in bowl has no contact. I'm asking about the coils that heat up the air for the convection portion. What material is the heating coils made of for that portion. I think Volcano uses aluminum, V3 Pro uses Kanthal. What does Airvape Legacy Pro use?

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
I'm asking about the heating coils in it. I understand the conduction heater in bowl has no contact. I'm asking about the coils that heat up the air for the convection portion. What material is the heating coils made of for that portion. I think Volcano uses aluminum, V3 Pro uses Kanthal. What does Airvape Legacy Pro use?
I believe it's aluminum, but I will ask the engineers.

Gary-Airvape,
  • Sad
Reactions: XpeeN

Shimsham

Is that better than aluminum? And why?

@Gary-Airvape Got my mouthpiece yesterday! Thank you so much. It fits way better now and doesn’t fall off easily.

Is that better than aluminum? And why?

@Gary-Airvape Got my mouthpiece yesterday! Thank you so much. It fits way better now and doesn’t fall off easily.
People have differing opinions. Important thing to me is they explained what they used so you can make an informed decision.

Pukka

I heard that aluminium shouldn't be at the vaporpath. I didn't bother to check why though. NiCr is used A LOT at the e-cig world, so it should be fine.
It's not so much about in the vape path as it is heating the AL. There can be altzheimer issues. Plus, tbh, with the available choices back in the dark ages of box mods no one needed another.

Generally non-temperature controlled mods use kanthal for heating coils. Temperature controlled mods use stainless, nichrome, nickle or titanium.

XpeeN

It's not so much about in the vape path as it is heating the AL. There can be altzheimer issues. Plus, tbh, with the available choices back in the dark ages of box mods no one needed another.

Generally non-temperature controlled mods use kanthal for heating coils. Temperature controlled mods use stainless, nichrome, nickle or titanium.
TIL.
NiCr doesn't work with TC btw (at least what I used - N80. The coils' resistence doesn't change as the coils heat up).

XpeeN,
Reactions: Okla68

MedMJ22

I gifted a LP to a family member this weekend, as I’m trying to get her to stop smoking joints due to her health issues. She tried it twice, as did her husband, and they both liked it, but seem to be stuck on smoking joints. I’m going to get them the bong attachment in the hopes they’ll use that instead.

It’s still the only vape that hasn’t made me cough yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

kokolokokolokon

i see a lot of comparisons with the tm... i have to say i would love my Tm have the battery life/energy efficiency of the legacy pro, it is great.
But i would love my LP have the heating speed (or similar) of the Tm in ondemand mode.

Any posibility to upgrade the firmware in the future? (i know it is not possible but i think the dry herb vapes companies have to start to make upgradable firmware)

[Waiting for the caps and new disk]

XpeeN

i see a lot of comparisons with the tm... i have to say i would love my Tm have the battery life/energy efficiency of the legacy pro, it is great.
But i would love my LP have the heating speed (or similar) of the Tm in ondemand mode.

Any posibility to upgrade the firmware in the future? (i know it is not possible but i think the dry herb vapes companies have to start to make upgradable firmware)

[Waiting for the caps and new disk]
Different heaters → different energy usage... My guess is that LP has a much smaller heater, thus needs less energy to heat up.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I do....

I get way bigger clouds on session mode.
That’s what was throwing me off about people saying they were getting big clouds. Maybe in session mode, but I really bought this vape for on demand more cause I already have a mighty.

Have you tried a high temperature to start with on demand? I haven’t but maybe I should….

Vapetrees,

Shorner

That’s what was throwing me off about people saying they were getting big clouds. Maybe in session mode, but I really bought this vape for on demand more cause I already have a mighty.

Have you tried a high temperature to start with on demand? I haven’t but maybe I should….
Yeah i can go to max temp 240c on mine with only minimal scorching on 2nd hit.

Top Bottom