AirVape Legacy Pro

Bazinga

Finally tried it out last night with nice results. I'll just restate the common "great flavor" and "solid, cool vapor, once you get the sipping down" lauds.

Also, I got scared at one point when it was dropped about eight inches onto a counter and the door fell off and then wouldn't stay on. I mean, jfc, this was my first time even using it, and it was a pretty significant investment. But it turns out it's held on by a spring-tipped pin similar to a watchband pin, which I found on the counter this morning and popped back into place.

So far, my only concern is that mouthpiece. I wish it mechanically clicked into place or something. I'm afraid it's going to get lost.
Same thing happened to me (actually my wife). Pin is gone, unfortunatel.

sickmanfraud

I have to admit that the Airvape Legacy Pro is really growing on me. I have temp stepped from 185-205C in on-demand mode with minimal coughing. It is more of a sipper than a ripper, in my experience. But I like it.

If I am vaping without water I don't want TM sized rips all the time. The Legacy Pro has nice vapor that is mild on my throat,

I don't remember who said it but I also find the placement of the button awkward if using on-demand although I don't know how they could make it otherwise.

I will have to test whether I prefer the "odd" position for on-demand or the session mode. I like testing.

Archive

I'm going to "second" the mild and cool nature of the vapor coming out of this thing. It's nice and cool on every temp it can hit. Even tossing wax in there at the max temp is smooth and cool enough that it doesn't irritate my lungs. It's magic.

My little review...

The device looks classy. It's very solid and feels good in the hand, with good weight.

Turning it on in session mode this thing rockets up to temperature extremely fast. Within a few seconds, it hits temperature and it's ready to go.

The dry herb experience is nice. I've been using session mode and stepping up in the same 185-205C range mentioned above, just relaxing for about 5-10 minutes. The taste is great and it absolutely does the job. One little oven loosely filled with some ground up flower was more than enough to get me exactly where I wanted to be. No coughing, no irritated lungs. I haven't tried to clear a bowl in a single long draw (I just sip for a bit), but I suspect you could do it with a higher temp and the desire to try. While using it at these temps for a session, the device stays relatively cool and can easily be pocketed when you're done. The material gets browned pretty evenly all the way through.

It also does a great job of vaporizing wax, but at temps above 420 the device does start to get a bit warm. I've finished a couple of wax sessions with the device hot enough that I didn't want to pocket it. It wasn't burning me or anything like that, but it clearly needs a bit of time to cool down.

Downsides: Dry herb sticks to the the micro-dose disk on the outer door, and opening this thing up (hot or cold) always seems to end up flinging some material into my lap. There are also some small plastic areas on the interior that material ends up falling into and you need the little brush to broom it all out of there. It's not a huge problem, but I'll probably end up fashioning some kind of case for the little white pipe-brush or fashion some other kind of pocketable cleaning broom so I can use this thing a bit cleaner on-the-go. I also don't love the front cover. I have very short fingernails and I struggle to open the front of the device with my fingertip. I've had to resort to using a tooth to crack it open, which seems silly. I've actually started keeping the interior tool separate from the device so I have something I can pry it open with on-the-go. The mouthpiece also falls out of the device extremely easily (it has popped up numerous times in my pocket). I suspect that I will lose a mouthpiece at some point... but so far it hasn't managed to crawl away.

All-in-all? As a dab rig, it's not going to replace your desktop coil, but it hits extremely well on-the-go and it's nice that it can hit concentrate if you want to. As a dry herb vape... I'd recommend it to anyone. The smoothness of the vapor is just that good. I don't mind dusting off some AVB if it's producing vapor this nice.

RxPlorer

I'm going to "second" the mild and cool nature of the vapor coming out of this thing. It's nice and cool on every temp it can hit. Even tossing wax in there at the max temp is smooth and cool enough that it doesn't irritate my lungs. It's magic.

My little review...

The device looks classy. It's very solid and feels good in the hand, with good weight.

Turning it on in session mode this thing rockets up to temperature extremely fast. Within a few seconds, it hits temperature and it's ready to go.

The dry herb experience is nice. I've been using session mode and stepping up in the same 185-205C range mentioned above, just relaxing for about 5-10 minutes. The taste is great and it absolutely does the job. One little oven loosely filled with some ground up flower was more than enough to get me exactly where I wanted to be. No coughing, no irritated lungs. I haven't tried to clear a bowl in a single long draw (I just sip for a bit), but I suspect you could do it with a higher temp and the desire to try. While using it at these temps for a session, the device stays relatively cool and can easily be pocketed when you're done. The material gets browned pretty evenly all the way through.

It also does a great job of vaporizing wax, but at temps above 420 the device does start to get a bit warm. I've finished a couple of wax sessions with the device hot enough that I didn't want to pocket it. It wasn't burning me or anything like that, but it clearly needs a bit of time to cool down.

Downsides: Dry herb sticks to the the micro-dose disk on the outer door, and opening this thing up (hot or cold) always seems to end up flinging some material into my lap. There are also some small plastic areas on the interior that material ends up falling into and you need the little brush to broom it all out of there. It's not a huge problem, but I'll probably end up fashioning some kind of case for the little white pipe-brush or fashion some other kind of pocketable cleaning broom so I can use this thing a bit cleaner on-the-go. I also don't love the front cover. I have very short fingernails and I struggle to open the front of the device with my fingertip. I've had to resort to using a tooth to crack it open, which seems silly. I've actually started keeping the interior tool separate from the device so I have something I can pry it open with on-the-go. The mouthpiece also falls out of the device extremely easily (it has popped up numerous times in my pocket). I suspect that I will lose a mouthpiece at some point... but so far it hasn't managed to crawl away.

All-in-all? As a dab rig, it's not going to replace your desktop coil, but it hits extremely well on-the-go and it's nice that it can hit concentrate if you want to. As a dry herb vape... I'd recommend it to anyone. The smoothness of the vapor is just that good. I don't mind dusting off some AVB if it's producing vapor this nice.
Yeah, I didn't really expect it to do a good job with wax and rosin. It's been a nice surprise!

Shorner

Def disagree
For me, Ondemand brings out huge clouds for me.
How are you drawing with on demand and how long for?
What temp?

I can get big clouds within demand but im finding session mode to have bigger at the moment.

Shorner,

kokolokokolokon

Did someone try the microdoser and/or the chamber component to reduce the amount of herb?

MagnumMafia05

Did someone try the microdoser and/or the chamber component to reduce the amount of herb?

Both literally say not compatible with the pro so I would guess no one.

newola

I've been using my LP nightly since getting it a week or so ago. Tonight I reached for my crafty plus and was genuinely staggered by the heat up time difference.

The LP ticks a serious amount of boxes for me.

CMT824

I've been using my LP nightly since getting it a week or so ago. Tonight I reached for my crafty plus and was genuinely staggered by the heat up time difference.

The LP ticks a serious amount of boxes for me.
Haven’t touched my Davinci IQC since I picked up the LP. I finally feel like my setup has been rounded out: Dynavap, sticky brick runt, and now the LP.

Mr Eff

ok it was a lot of LP for a day xd :ko:
Everyone seemed to think the screen would fit in the legacy pro, although they said it was very flimsy (I think in relation to taking it out of an OG Legacy) I had asked cause I thought it would be good to put on the top of the bowl.

Also dosing capsules and loading funnel should be on the way!

jbm

Everyone seemed to think the screen would fit in the legacy pro, although they said it was very flimsy (I think in relation to taking it out of an OG Legacy) I had asked cause I thought it would be good to put on the top of the bowl.

Also dosing capsules and loading funnel should be on the way!
Truth be told, the original microdosing "solutions" were not very good to begin with. The OG microdosing "basket" just didn't fit the bowl, and the eventual replacement was fiddly and pretty much useless as well. (Not to mention having to pay shipping on it.) I eventually just started packing the thing with less material. I'm not holding my breath on either getting a replacement mouthpiece, or that the dosing capsules will work.

jbm,
Reactions: CMT824

Mr Eff

Truth be told, the original microdosing "solutions" were not very good to begin with. The OG microdosing "basket" just didn't fit the bowl, and the eventual replacement was fiddly and pretty much useless as well. (Not to mention having to pay shipping on it.) I eventually just started packing the thing with less material. I'm not holding my breath on either getting a replacement mouthpiece, or that the dosing capsules will work.
Yea, I’m hoping it’s just a dosing capsule like all the others tbh.

I’ve had decent success just putting a regular screen over the microdosing disc. Helps for cleanup, but not ideal. I’ve thought about trying some glass spacer honeycomb screen things for microdosing.

I’d reach out to Gary for an OG mouthpiece: not perfect but better for my needs and does stay put more, especially if using the wpa. I feel like all we need is a better fitting rubber piece, wouldn’t even have to replace the ceramic part.

Mr Eff,
Reactions: arefx

Bigcountryx

Yea, I’m hoping it’s just a dosing capsule like all the others tbh.

I’ve had decent success just putting a regular screen over the microdosing disc. Helps for cleanup, but not ideal. I’ve thought about trying some glass spacer honeycomb screen things for microdosing.

I’d reach out to Gary for an OG mouthpiece: not perfect but better for my needs and does stay put more, especially if using the wpa. I feel like all we need is a better fitting rubber piece, wouldn’t even have to replace the ceramic part.
I could be completely wrong, but I think the og mouthpiece is about as good as its going to get, without altering the ceramic part.

I feel it's lack of stability has more to do with its height and width compared to the depth it goes into the unit. If you push the mouthpiece on its widest part, it easily comes out of the unit, now if you push the mouthpiece sideways, it far more difficult to have it pop off.

I really hope this makes some sort of sense, I'm quite a few sessions in already this morning lol

Bigcountryx,
Reactions: Mr Eff

Mr Eff

I could be completely wrong, but I think the og mouthpiece is about as good as its going to get, without altering the ceramic part.

I feel it's lack of stability has more to do with its height and width compared to the depth it goes into the unit. If you push the mouthpiece on its widest part, it easily comes out of the unit, now if you push the mouthpiece sideways, it far more difficult to have it pop off.

I really hope this makes some sort of sense, I'm quite a few sessions in already this morning lol
Makes sense: the mouthpiece design kinds of makes the Legacy Pro act as a fulcrum of sorts (only thought about it this way when you commented about the width/ depth etc) where any significant pressure on the wide part of the mouthpiece just makes it pivot off of the Legacy Pro and pops it right off.

I have been using a smell proof pouch I had lying around if I take the unit outside in my pocket. Fits ok(a little snug) and doesn’t add a bunch of bulk to my pocket. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B081RJJF1V?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Mr Eff,
Top Bottom