• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

dieezus

Is the legacy 18650 battery proprietary? On their website it says the Lpro comes with a "18650/3200 mAh Legacy PRO Removable Battery". It also says the legacy battery replacement is "compatible only with the AirVape Legacy and PRO model".

What non-proprietary 18650 battery can you confirm works with the Lpro?
I can confirm that Molicell P26As work with it, don't know about the long-term device/battery health though...

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer

- It is not an evil thing I believe, if we don't know what kind of battery you used, how can we stand for the warranty? BUT we give 6 months free replacement! I suggest reading the warranty page;)
  • This Limited Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with or connected to, any product, accessory and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by Apollo or was used otherwise than for its intended use.

Pukka

- It is not an evil thing I believe, if we don't know what kind of battery you used, how can we stand for the warranty? BUT we give 6 months free replacement! I suggest reading the warranty page;)
  • This Limited Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with or connected to, any product, accessory and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by Apollo or was used otherwise than for its intended use.
I understand Airvape's pov, however, please consider mine.

Airvape is providing me a rewrapped cell. I assume (and you know what that does) it's a name brand, quality first rate cell. Airvape is , I note, selling it at a premium (which I find disheartening since it is a "required" renewable) over what I could buy a known quality equivelant from LG, Samsung or Sony. I am knowledgable about portable vaporizer battery requirements and assume (there's that word again) this is a high-ish amp draw cell like a pink Samsung, but you guessed it, rewrap.

I would bet that there are equivalent (or dare I say better) quality name brand cells out there. I can say that because I buy a dozen or so each year to use with other devices. How about this as a reasonable compromise: recommend several cells Airvape will accept.

kapows

@Gary-Airvape hello. how far away are the dosing caps for the airvape pro please? if theyre not too far off (2weeks ish?) can i place my order but could you hold it until theyre ready?

I also second the battery thing. anyone buying vapes at this price knows what good quality brands to use. I dont really mind using the LP batts but theyre wrapped and markup is highhh

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Well, your knowledge of battery far exceeds mine, there is no point to argue here. If you could give us your recommendation I will forward it to the factory and we will find a solution. We are trying to make life easier but to be honest, I never changed the battery in any of my devices... and trust me I have a few... all the prototypes, and early releases, still work fine. I don't see the point of making this an issue.
but I'm here, hearing you, and will find a solution to fulfill your needs!

Stoneager

In the Shadows
Is the legacy 18650 battery proprietary? On their website it says the Lpro comes with a "18650/3200 mAh Legacy PRO Removable Battery". It also says the legacy battery replacement is "compatible only with the AirVape Legacy and PRO model".

What non-proprietary 18650 battery can you confirm works with the Lpro?
I'm using an off brand 18650/3500mah no problem.
I think Airvape was referring to their line of vapes...not that their batteries were specially made. I would have used a 3200mAh if I would have had one available while charging their pretty battery, but had to use what I had. :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well, your knowledge of battery far exceeds mine, there is no point to argue here. If you could give us your recommendation I will forward it to the factory and we will find a solution. We are trying to make life easier but to be honest, I never changed the battery in any of my devices... and trust me I have a few... all the prototypes, and early releases, still work fine. I don't see the point of making this an issue.

Many of us here have several batteries at home to swap easily with external charging instead of waiting for the device to recharge and yes we have become very well-versed in 18650 as most of these vapes use the same type... It is not at all about the batteries eventually dying years later and us needing to replace them ourselves, by the way...

That being said I don't think your warranty language is really a problem, because it specifically said any defect caused by using different parts, so if someone uses a random horribly out of spec 18650 that is on them if it then breaks the LP (but if I'm understanding correctly you have 6 months where anything goes?) but with most of us using proper 18650 there will be no damage from the cell, would not void the warranty.

Last edited:

kapows

@Gary-Airvape Hi Gary! Unsure if you saw my question but i have another one too so here goes both of them:

1. Any ETA on dosing caps pls?
2. What mm is the bong adaptor and what bong fitments work?

Order is in :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

Pukka

Molicel P26 and P28, Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC 5 or VTC6 off the top of my head which would be vacant except for "Battery" Mooch. Everybody who uses a portable vape w/replaceables should google and read, he's a very safety oriented and smart person.

Like I said, I totally understand Airvape's reasoning. Some fool sticks a 5 amp cell in a circuit designed for a 15 amp cell and does 4 or 5 back to back concentrate bowls and janks everything up. Yeah, no one needs that kind of bad juju. And I appologize if it seemed like I was Karening you, not at all my intention.

Stone__Man

high all,

I see lots of big rips, huge clouds comments. I used a vapman and dynavap omni xl , which should give a notion of how I enjoy my greens. Safe to assume on demand would be mode of choice for my usage.

packing bowl, from my used devices its takes very little green. can I put such a small amount into this vape and not have issues? firstly would be extract well? and second would it lead to more mess?

I ask this as I see many saying how messy it is.

which leads to perhaps my biggest concern and head scratcher. nobody is talking about what exactly is in the air path, yeah i get there is a glass section. so what about the section BEFORE and AFTER the glass? what are the materials. and how on earth would a user go about cleaning those sections of the air path?

see lots of stuff being on the screen beside the bowl, so after that screen and before the glass how to clean it and how easy/hard will that be? this applies to the path after glass to the mouthpiece, how to clean what what is in that path?

being able to get this thing clean along the WHOLE airpath is quite important. please advise and discuss.

to be clear not after clouds, 1 , 2 or 3 hits is usually max I do.

perhaps this device will not excel for my usage pattern like current vapes..

for those that may ask, I am looking to not have to torch light the device as I currently do, hoping to get something that I can just get a hit when i want one and put it away.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If you could give us your recommendation
Molicel P26 and P28, Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC 5 or VTC6
I will add LG HG2 to the list.
Also, some vapes do not supply 18650 batteries with their device but just list the CDR (continuous discharge rating) and say to use quality cells from a reputable seller that meets or exceeds the rating. :tup:

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Molicel P26 and P28, Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC 5 or VTC6 off the top of my head which would be vacant except for "Battery" Mooch. Everybody who uses a portable vape w/replaceables should google and read, he's a very safety oriented and smart person.

Like I said, I totally understand Airvape's reasoning. Some fool sticks a 5 amp cell in a circuit designed for a 15 amp cell and does 4 or 5 back to back concentrate bowls and janks everything up. Yeah, no one needs that kind of bad juju. And I appologize if it seemed like I was Karening you, not at all my intention.
Yes, that's why we have to put this into the warranty... Obviously, If you know what you doing and swapping the battery in a proper way, it will not void the warranty. Here are 2 things, we offer: the wireless power bank, so you can rest your device on it( charging all the time) so it will max all the time, and the device works while plugged in. Powe bank goes 50% off when it goes as an upsell, and an extra battery when you buy the pro comes with 30% off... I belive this is a good offer;)

high all,

I see lots of big rips, huge clouds comments. I used a vapman and dynavap omni xl , which should give a notion of how I enjoy my greens. Safe to assume on demand would be mode of choice for my usage.

packing bowl, from my used devices its takes very little green. can I put such a small amount into this vape and not have issues? firstly would be extract well? and second would it lead to more mess?

I ask this as I see many saying how messy it is.

which leads to perhaps my biggest concern and head scratcher. nobody is talking about what exactly is in the air path, yeah i get there is a glass section. so what about the section BEFORE and AFTER the glass? what are the materials. and how on earth would a user go about cleaning those sections of the air path?

see lots of stuff being on the screen beside the bowl, so after that screen and before the glass how to clean it and how easy/hard will that be? this applies to the path after glass to the mouthpiece, how to clean what what is in that path?

being able to get this thing clean along the WHOLE airpath is quite important. please advise and discuss.

to be clear not after clouds, 1 , 2 or 3 hits is usually max I do.

perhaps this device will not excel for my usage pattern like current vapes..

for those that may ask, I am looking to not have to torch light the device as I currently do, hoping to get something that I can just get a hit when i want one and put it away.
Here is our official cleaning video.
Legacy PRO | How To Clean

The airpath is cleanable on every corner where excess material would build up.

Messy is relative, I use half loads, the disc turned out to the max, open and empty while it's still warm after the last use, and wipe it off with a paper or wet wipe. Screens can be rinsed in 5-10min in alcohol and the whole cleaning process is 15 min.

Please do not use torch light on the PRO ;)
It is designed to use as little as you may or heavy as you can, in on-demand mode, load as little as you like, and use it when you need it... OR load it fully, put it on session mode and hammer yourself if you feel like;) I have seen heavy wax users going max loaded wax, max temp 4-5 deep-heavy draws, and being absolutely shot out to the stratosphere in 2 min...Cos they like it that way ;)

We designed the PRO to be able to fulfill the full range of user preferences.

Stone__Man

Here is our official cleaning video.
Legacy PRO | How To Clean

The airpath is cleanable on every corner where excess material would build up.

Messy is relative, I use half loads, the disc turned out to the max, open and empty while it's still warm after the last use, and wipe it off with a paper or wet wipe. Screens can be rinsed in 5-10min in alcohol and the whole cleaning process is 15 min.

Please do not use torch light on the PRO ;)
It is designed to use as little as you may or heavy as you can, in on-demand mode, load as little as you like, and use it when you need it... OR load it fully, put it on session mode and hammer yourself if you feel like;) I have seen heavy wax users going max loaded wax, max temp 4-5 deep-heavy draws, and being absolutely shot out to the stratosphere in 2 min...Cos they like it that way ;)

We designed the PRO to be able to fulfill the full range of user preferences.
yes I have seen the official cleaning video, but it does not show any cleaning of anything past what the eye can see in that hole below the screen. nor at the section just below mouth piece. ... it is what is beyond that hole below the screen that is what I ask about and the section of airpath just past the glass as well. and what exact materials are in the whole air path? a disassembled set of images of this product would go a long way , I am just having a hard time seeing any cleaning of the vapor path sections I refer to in any photos or the cleaning video. this concerns me as to gunk build up in those two sections and frankly what sort of plastics are in this path, with seemingly no good way to clean it.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
yes I have seen the official cleaning video, but it does not show any cleaning of anything past what the eye can see in that hole below the screen. nor at the section just below mouth piece. ... it is what is beyond that hole below the screen that is what I ask about and the section of airpath just past the glass as well. and what exact materials are in the whole air path? a disassembled set of images of this product would go a long way , I am just having a hard time seeing any cleaning of the vapor path sections I refer to in any photos or the cleaning video. this concerns me as to gunk build up in those two sections and frankly what sort of plastics are in this path, with seemingly no good way to clean it.
The places where material can build up are cleanable, If you still have concerns it's fine, just look for a basic model like the XSGo, that device has every part visible;) there is no magic here, we use industry-standard materials like everyone else.
If you really want to get into every little hole, just use dental brush picks and you will reach eeeevery corner of the PRO.( not necessary IMO)

Stone__Man

any photos that show the size of the 3 other openings that are not seen in the video? or perhaps another video that does show them?

as your video only shows that a cotton swab barely fits into that hole next to the bowl, let alone actually cleaning out any gunk, perhaps the hole before the glass is large enough to see and get into to clean?

so no plastic is in the vapor path?

I am certain that the glass tube will get gunked up as well as the mystery section before the glass. so this does not fill me with confidence, not knowing how hard it will be to clean or if I even can.

Top Bottom