• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

schenkadere

I'm running at 395 F and I definitely have charring. I am finding it works best with a fine grind and a good tamping.

I don't get the micro dosing disk. It's counter intuitive. You loosen the top so it sits lower in the chamber? So basically you guess how much to fill the chamber then guess how much to extend the disk. That's inefficient, IMO.

I'd love to see a comprehensice cleaning video on this new model. I'm afraid to use 99% iso on the soft gasket pieces but it's the only thing that will get the gunk off.

mulciber

I'm running at 395 F and I definitely have charring. I am finding it works best with a fine grind and a good tamping.

I'm sure the temperatures vary from unit to unit, but I feel you should only be up around 395 if you've mostly exhausted your material and want to wring a bit more out of it.

I don't get the micro dosing disk. It's counter intuitive. You loosen the top so it sits lower in the chamber? So basically you guess how much to fill the chamber then guess how much to extend the disk. That's inefficient, IMO.

You're right. The new "micro dosing disk" is a fail. You can see what they were going for — a lid on the chamber that would simultaneously hold the material down and decrease the size of the chamber. But clearly there was no design mind at work here. The threaded shaft is too short to extend the top much, and there's no mechanism to hold it in place, so it just rattles loose. Complete fail. What was required was different-sized disks for the top that you could screw on tightly. Maybe they'll come out with those (and charge separately, which would be a bummer). In the OG I rigged up a "chamber screen" to cling to the disk at the top and hold down the material. It does make it easier to clean. But I'm looking for a rational way to limit the size of the crucible now.

I'd love to see a comprehensice cleaning video on this new model. I'm afraid to use 99% iso on the soft gasket pieces but it's the only thing that will get the gunk off.

My understanding is that alcohol won't harm the silicone if the exposure is limited. IOW, don't soak it, and wash it with plain water after cleaning.

mulciber,
Reactions: LesPlenty

jbm

You're right. The new "micro dosing disk" is a fail. You can see what they were going for — a lid on the chamber that would simultaneously hold the material down and decrease the size of the chamber. But clearly there was no design mind at work here. The threaded shaft is too short to extend the top much, and there's no mechanism to hold it in place, so it just rattles loose. Complete fail. What was required was different-sized disks for the top that you could screw on tightly. Maybe they'll come out with those (and charge separately, which would be a bummer). In the OG I rigged up a "chamber screen" to cling to the disk at the top and hold down the material. It does make it easier to clean. But I'm looking for a rational way to limit the size of the crucible now.
They messed this up on the Legacy OG as well. At release it didn’t fit the bowl, then we had to pay extra for the revised version, then it didn’t work so well. I could have gotten the discount on this, but the michegas with the last model left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I’m done with AirVape.

mulciber

They messed this up on the Legacy OG as well. At release it didn’t fit the bowl, then we had to pay extra for the revised version, then it didn’t work so well. I could have gotten the discount on this, but the michegas with the last model left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I’m done with AirVape.

I hear you. I think of it as my "special needs" vaporizer. Super charming, but just a bit "slow". Nevertheless, when you develop a good working relationship with it, it does deliver, big time. I'm still its biggest booster, but I got my friend to buy one and he has held it against me since. What can I say?

JohnJacobs

Well more thoughts to come later but first impressions after 3 bowls yesterday

Holy crap this thing rips. I stuck with the 420 degrees it came set at and I didn’t get any charting just dark brown ABV like I get with the TM on higher settings and Jesus this thing rips as good or damn close to the TinyMight! The vapor is surprisingly cool as well with amazing air flow. VERY medicated off of one bowl at a time. Design is super sleek and I’m a huge fan of all the little details that they thought of such as: tab below battery for easy removal, simple temp adjustment, vape tool inside unit, all the charging options you can want: USB-C, external, and wireless charging! This thing feels very sturdy and just oozes quality. I think I might like it more than the TinyMight but need more time to find out, either way I love these two vapes…

Not sure all the hate on the built in micro disk, I’ve found it works pretty well if you want to pack a smaller bowl or just use it to tamp down the bowl. I do think the different sized discs is a great idea though.

The cleaning is the only issue I see but it’s not bad if right after you finish the bowl, then the unit upside down and all the material will just fall out. Forget to do that? Just heat it back up and boom, falls out. The included cleaning brush can be used to scrub the little bits of kief and shake out, all in all takes 10-15 seconds. That’s the only complaint I can think of and it’s not a big deal really.

Edit: forgot to add it takes exactly 15 seconds from cold to heat up to 420 degrees, quicker if you’re taking successive hits.

Edit 2:
The instruction manual can be viewed online by scanning the QR code on the inside of the lid with your phone camera

Last edited:

schenkadere

What other vapes do you own?
OWW OHV, Solo OG, VHB OWW Handheld, Assorted Dynavap stuff and an IH.

I've had others such as the HR Fury 2, Airvape X, Nova and other bricks.

Bricks are my favorite way to consume, but a battery vape is so convenient and the Pro rips pretty hard. Overall, I'm impressed. It's a classy little device. Even better for free!

floribud

I have to say, this thing rips. It’s becoming my #1. It will never outdo a brick, but it is more convenient.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised by the speed and overall extraction quality. In the evening I used to have a couple bowls out of my Mighty and then maybe pack a Dynavap, P80 or my OG Legacy right before I sleep. I've noticed after 2 bowls in the Pro I'm significantly more medicated than with the Mighty. The Mighty is still very tasty for the first three minutes or so (usually I'm down around 330). But then the taste starts to fade and I'll have one or two at 360 and then one final puff at 390 to "finish it off". With the Legacy Pro I set it at 300 and maybe drop to 290 after the second hit. I'll let it go the full 5 minute session cycle and then (if I really feel like it) crank it up to 380 or 390 for a final draw. At this point the ABV is completely "vestratto" black-ish brown at the edge of combustion. If I do that last hit at 390 the herb is darker on the bottom. I've been packing the bowl fairly tightly to get the full hybrid effect, but If I crank it up quickly and take a big final draw that convection will hit the lower levels of the hard harder than the top. If I never do above 350, the roast is pretty even top to bottom and I don't see any green spots. The OG Legacy seemed to like a stir 3-4 minutes into a session to keep it even. And that was pain, considering how delicate you need to be to pack the bowl. Which brings up another point. The Pro is very easy to load. The bowl is a little wider than the OG but there it large area that slopes down toward the bowl. I can just pour some herb straight out of the grinder and use my finger to push excess from around the rim into the bowl.

These pictures should might help show what I'm describing. All those extra ridges on the OG meant I had to carefully load with a tiny scoop. In the bottom pic especially you can see the raised ring around the OG bowl, whereas the surround of the Pro is more like a smooth funnel.
legacy-compare.jpg

HES2WNZ.jpg

On last thing about that oval/rectangular screen that guard the air intake. The screen is surrounded by black silicon ring/gasket that helps it sit flush in the intake hole. If you take it out to clean it, getting the silicon ring back about the screen is REALLY hard, especially if you're medicated. There don't seem to be deep enough grooves in the ring to easily "lock" the screen into. Took me about 10 minutes to get it back in, as I was exploring the device before I even used it once. Overall pretty minor complaint.

Still I'm pretty sure the weird temperature settings are going to piss off people like Troy that seem to take every vape and go straight to 420. Also keep in mind I'm in south Florida and it's be over 80º and very humid outside. Not sure how if that contributes but I usually find I that my comfortable vape temps are in the lower end of the spectrum for just about all my vapes.

Last edited:

schenkadere

Yeah I'm pretty surprised by the speed and overall extraction quality. In the evening I used to have a couple bowls out of my Mighty and then maybe pack a Dynavap, P80 or my OG Legacy right before I sleep. I've noticed after 2 bowls in the Pro I'm significantly more medicated than with the Mighty. The Mighty is still very tasty for the first three minutes or so (usually I'm down around 330). But then the taste starts to fade and I'll have one or two at 360 and then one final puff at 390 to "finish it off". With the Legacy Pro I set it at 300 and maybe drop to 290 after the second hit. I'll let it go the full 5 minute session cycle and then (if I really feel like it) crank it up to 380 or 390 for a final draw. At this point the ABV is completely "vestratto" black-ish brown at the edge of combustion. If I do that last hit at 390 the herb is darker on the bottom. I've been packing the bowl fairly tightly to get the full hybrid effect, but If I crank it up quickly and take a big final draw that convection will hit the lower levels of the hard harder than the top. If I never do above 350, the roast is pretty even top to bottom and I don't see any green spots. The OG Legacy seemed to like a stir 3-4 minutes into a session to keep it even. And that was pain, considering how delicate you need to be to pack the bowl. Which brings up another point. The Pro is very easy to load. The bowl is a little wider than the OG but there it large area that slopes down toward the bowl. I can just pour some herb straight out of the grinder and use my finger to push excess from around the rim into the bowl.

These pictures should might help show what I'm describing. All those extra ridges on the OG meant I had to carefully load with a tiny scoop. In the bottom pic especially you can see the raised ring around the OG bowl, whereas the surround of the Pro is more like a smooth funnel.
legacy-compare.jpg

HES2WNZ.jpg

On last thing about that oval/rectangular screen that guard the air intake. The screen is surrounded by black silicon ring/gasket that helps it sit flush in the intake hole. If you take it out to clean it, getting the silicon ring back about the screen is REALLY hard, especially if you're medicated. There don't seem to be deep enough grooves in the ring to easily "lock" the screen into. Took me about 10 minutes to get it back in, as I was exploring the device before I even used it once. Overall pretty minor complaint.

Still I'm pretty sure the weird temperature settings are going to piss off people like Troy that seem to take every vape and go straight to 420. Also keep in mind I'm in south Florida and it's be over 80º and very humid outside. Not sure how if that contributes but I usually find I that my comfortable vape temps are in the lower end of the spectrum for just about all my vapes.
My Pro does not have that QR code on the lid. Hmm.

schenkadere,

fogbank

I had Firefly 1 and 2 vapes back in the day. This vape has obvious similarities to those models. I read a lot of posts about how well the Firefly worked with concentrates, and I recall the Firefly concentrate pad being a metal mesh. I never used the Firefly for concentrates, only flower.

Has anyone used the AirVape Legacy Pro with concentrates? I believe that the max temp is 440F. How does that work for concentrates? I have used an XMax Qomo and a Puffco Plus but the higher temps make me cough quite a bit.

JohnJacobs

That’s true. It’s just a sticker? Is it for registration or videos links?
It takes you to the user manual

legacy-compare.jpg

HES2WNZ.jpg

Wow, I didn’t realize how much of a pain the OG bowl design was until you posted the side by side. I’m really appreciative now of how easy it is to scoop material that fell on the side back into the bowl.

Still I'm pretty sure the weird temperature settings are going to piss off people like Troy that seem to take every vape and go straight to 420.
Troy commented on my Reddit review for the PRO and said he’s really been enjoying it! Also, I go up to 420 and don’t experience any combustion, just dark brown ABV. I’m not sure if I’m the norm or the exception though.

Last edited:

schenkadere

I'm wondering when they'll have all the replacement parts available for the Pro? I don't see the screens or gaskets on their site.

Oh...forgot to ask you guys...are you stirring during a session? I found that if I grind fine, fill below the edge and pack decently, I don't need to stir.

I was skeptical at first, but this is becoming my favorite vape. I'm grabbing the Pro before my DynaVaps. It won't unseat the OHV as #1 but it's close and definitely more convenient to use, but bricks are just so easy to maintain.

Last edited:
schenkadere,

DryBonesufo

Just ordered
Just ordered! I can’t wait to take it for a test drive to see how it behaves!
on the same boat! Right now I have my OGL set at 325f as I find it works well with how May draw tech is. Doesn’t scorch or have that combustion taste (or combustion itself) so I am very very eager to see how this performs. Also was so hesitant just in case they come in different colors down the line. Hopefully shipping doesn’t take too long to Chicago.

DryBonesufo,

Adobewan

I just bought a TinyMight and am absolutely loving it, even posted that I thought it would retire some of my vapes....
...and now you have me considering another vape?!?!?!?

I love my Firefly, and the Pro's "Firefly: The Next Generation" vibe is tough to resist, but I'm strong.
Then you good people start with the herald horns.
My resolve diminishes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom