AirVape Legacy Pro

1973PortlandToker

We need your input to help us develop the next best thing:)

We are planning to make a special edition of the PRO early next year.

What color should we go for:
-Gold (celebrity edition)
- some matt color (discrete)
- Funky rainbow
- White

What future would you like to see there?
Here we try to add some funky-party things like drow until it buzzes or some challenge to make it fun to use.

Throw some ideas, and we will see what can be done;)

Every input is welcome, the best will receive a free special edition!

Please, no gaudy or trashy colors. Be classy. My suggestions:

--basic matt colors.
--pearl or eggshell white
--classic pastels
--deep wood brown

Last edited:

OyVape

Yes, especially since wasn’t it supposed to be originally included?

sorry, I might be wrong about that.

OyVape,

Headassvegan

In my experience, dosing caps are usually a huge downgrade. It is surprising to me that this thread is 50% people asking about those. It must be a very messy vape.
My v3 Pro is much easier to clean than my ALP. But still I use the capsules more often than not. I even use it more than my ALP because of the convenience and discretion of the capsules. When I’m out and about, I don’t want to have to go through all the hassle of reloading flower. Just pull the spent capsule out, pop in a new one and turn it back on. Has little to do with how “messy” the vape is.

I don’t have any pictures on hand, but I have been using the Domino case from Vatra. It is almost perfectly sized for the ALP and has a separate zippered compartment on the back side for extras. My only complaint is that it is a bit thick.
What size do you have? DM1 or DM2?

SonicBacon

My v3 Pro is much easier to clean than my ALP. But still I use the capsules more often than not. I even use it more than my ALP because of the convenience and discretion of the capsules. When I’m out and about, I don’t want to have to go through all the hassle of reloading flower. Just pull the spent capsule out, pop in a new one and turn it back on. Has little to do with how “messy” the vape is.

What size do you have? DM1 or DM2?
It is the DM2 5” case. Nicely padded, fairly durable, and the zipper plays nice.

Fair warning, it is a little bulky though, not slim

SonicBacon,

felvapes

Round mouthpiece, with a gray matte look, maybe with a repositioned button (but with the round mouthpiece maybe its unecessary moving the button)
Leave the button where it is
It is absolutely perfect and naturally sits in the hand
The issue is the MP needs to be round so we can hold the device naturally to draw
“But I'd really like a nice dark racing green or something the most”
Agree with this. British racing green, matte finish, maybe a little low-key contrast in the fabric (or tan fabric--racing green and tan/honey leather color is sooooo classic). Gold just feels very cheesy to me, I’m not even a fan of the gold fan detail on the current model

Rounded mouthpiece with a taper consistent with a 10mm joint (think the long mouthpiece of the davinci miqro), made of the same ceramic, would solve many issues. Ergonomics, could hold at whatever angle works individually, and also would make a more stable connection to water pieces. Would fit natively with the bubbler you now sell
Yes, British racing Green is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking it would look great and not over the top
We all like green in our buds too
In my experience, dosing caps are usually a huge downgrade. It is surprising to me that this thread is 50% people asking about those. It must be a very messy vape.
Dosing caps are great
I use them in most vapes
Far from a down grade - I do tend to remove the upper screens though to improve performance

This vape is super easy to keep clean if you remove the small gold screen and put a mighty screen on top the bowl

I didn't clean the vape for two weeks
No performance drop and I could have kept going before needing to clean
Easy af maintenance compared to others for me

Caps will make life easier in all ways like other vapes

British racing Green matte
I like the gold Airvape sign on top though
Round MP in the same current material (I don't like wood that tends to get manky)
Maybe not dimpled glass as it may affect airflow, I'd rather it stay open tbh - if anything open the intake air holes a tiny bit to give even more airflow

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

i think if capsules are a downgrade it probably means the heater isn't strong enough to compensate for the added mass and obstruction. or they are not that well designed (plenty of examples here). considering the ALP can combust it should perform well, perhaps worst case it can be run in concentrate mode?

vandalizedbythelotus,

felvapes

i think if capsules are a downgrade it probably means the heater isn't strong enough to compensate for the added mass and obstruction. or they are not that well designed (plenty of examples here). considering the ALP can combust it should perform well, perhaps worst case it can be run in concentrate mode?
The ALP does not combust at all
I run it on full temperature in on demand mode and get perfect avb
I don't use session mode but use 420/430 there and when testing it never combusted at full temp, although too far for my liking thus finding 420ish better

The og legacy had reports of combustion though

Some caps in vapes can reduce performance if they prevent enough airflow over the weed
But removing the screen can help this
Other vapes can benefit from the extra conduction with caps
The mesh caps HR first brought out were no good - the second version they released was much better with solid walls and more open too/bottom
This worked like a tube where the walls acted like the oven and the lid/bottom were free flowing enough to work
The edge, v3pro and others are like this
In those two and the mighty I love caps but remove the screen above them

For me if caps have an open enough intake and outhole with a snug to wall fit they work great
I just remove the upper screen in other vapes as the lid does that job and it opens the airflow
For the ALP I hope they have solid walls and a mesh type bottom/lid
This would give plenty of airflow but the walls prevent airflow loss/help direct ilthe air through the weed

I've already removed the small gold screen in the ALP and will remove the gold disc on the door once I have caps too

Last edited:

ppatrick

We need your input to help us develop the next best thing:)

We are planning to make a special edition of the PRO early next year.

What color should we go for:
-Gold (celebrity edition)
- some matt color (discrete)
- Funky rainbow
- White

What future would you like to see there?
Here we try to add some funky-party things like drow until it buzzes or some challenge to make it fun to use.

Throw some ideas, and we will see what can be done;)

Every input is welcome, the best will receive a free special

Round MP in the same current material.... other wise perfect design imo

Dr. G

Old Resident
Round MP in the same current material.... other wise perfect design imo
I think it is a perfect design as is...when I hear all the comments about changing this and changing that...just get a vape that resembles that. Leave this one alone! It does not have to have wood and stems....lol (eventhough I suggested it above LOL) I tell myself that Everything does not have to look like that. If so...I am sure AirVape will provide us with stems, etc. I am tired of NOT being able to order any stems and mouth pieces for my TM 2...I feel like I am begging people to make me them. It is a struggle to get anything off the sites.

I understand smaller company...but, you go on every site and it says, SOLD OUT. WTF...not good. Sorry.

Anyway, my two cents is that the design is beautiful...is it flawless? I do not know. So far...for me it is. I just need a good case so that I can take it with me everywhere I go and not mess it up. It is too beautiful. The best part is after a session just laying it on the charger...man, that feels good. I tell you that this is a great design.

Just keep improving the airflow...everything about this vape is excellent...

Last edited:

jespar45

Yeah I have to agree, vape is perfect as is for me. Don't care too much about dosing caps, although I'll also admit that I've never tried them. So in my humble opinion I love it as is.

jespar45,
  • Love
Reactions: Dr. G

seedy53

Besides improving mp, it would be great if they could make a larger oven screen size because i have to clean it every other bowl. I do not want to use these popular hacks like removing the oven screen, bowel 15mm screen, and the gold micro-disk for the reason of getting bigger hits. Resize the screen or make the holes a little larger.

Last edited:
seedy53,

felvapes

I think it is a perfect design as is...when I hear all the comments about changing this and changing that...just get a vape that resembles that. Leave this one alone! It does not have to have wood and stems....lol (eventhough I suggested it above LOL) I tell myself that Everything does not have to look like that. If so...I am sure AirVape will provide us with stems, etc. I am tired of NOT being able to order any stems and mouth pieces for my TM 2...I feel like I am begging people to make me them. It is a struggle to get anything off the sites.

I understand smaller company...but, you go on every site and it says, SOLD OUT. WTF...not good. Sorry.

Anyway, my two cents is that the design is beautiful...is it flawless? I do not know. So far...for me it is. I just need a good case so that I can take it with me everywhere I go and not mess it up. It is too beautiful. The best part is after a session just laying it on the charger...man, that feels good. I tell you that this is a great design.

Just keep improving the airflow...everything about this vape is excellent...
The MP needs to be round
I agree that 95% of this vape is good
But I need to be able to hold this vape naturally as I use it
It's awkward and funny looking holding it flat - especially in on demand mode
The airflow could be slightly more
Besides improving mp, it would be great if they could make a larger oven screen size because i have to clean it every other bowl. I do not want to use these popular hacks like removing the oven screen and the gold micro-disk for the reason of getting bigger hits. Resize the screen or make the holes a little larger.
Larger holes will not help
And besides the thing clogging
Putting a screen over the bowl keeps all clean
If you feel funny about improving your vape by yourself by removing the small annoying screen and putting one over your weed that's your prerogative
But it improves the cleaning and over all maintenance for me - as well as airflow

I do think this is an area that needs improvement if the vape is to be used without modding though
Although - this is what the dosing caps will do
When caps are available I will remove the disc on the door and the gold screen
All will work fine and dandy

So for me it's the MP needs to be 5mm longer and round from the same material as currently
And maybe a less restrictive air intake

And it needs nothing else but dosing caps - I'll remove the bits that make maintenance annoying

And if they want to make a new look
I like the dark racing green
But that's just asthetics

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Hi,

We are designing the case. The capsules will come in a set of 6 with a case/loading platform and should arrive at the warehouse by the end of this month. We are making a universal adapter for any bong (next year) it can be attached to the existing MP, and it will be a round shape. We are also coming with a special edition with a color change and a multitool for loading the capsules and cleaning the device (next year).

We hear you; we try our best, and please be patient; most of the production is on, shipping is coming, and sometimes things are not in our hands.

If I'm not answering, it is because we are working on the improvements:) But I'm here, reading the suggestions;)

Happy vaping!

And thanks for all the support and feedback!

Dr. G

Old Resident
Perhaps they can make round mouth pieces that can be attached and also keep the standard ceramic one that I love. I would not want to use a round mouthpiece on the vape.

I love the shape and how it lays on top very nicely on the wireless charger. That is why I love this vape...because its not like the other ones. This vape is super portable for me. I don't want to deal with a glass mouth piece. I am already worried about cracking the one inside. So I got additional ones.

I wanted Airvape to think about perhaps making a special edition retro style...a beautiful piece with chrome maybe? Or a unit that has just a hint of wood.

Hi,

We are designing the case. The capsules will come in a set of 6 with a case/loading platform and should arrive at the warehouse by the end of this month. We are making a universal adapter for any bong (next year) it can be attached to the existing MP, and it will be a round shape. We are also coming with a special edition with a color change and a multitool for loading the capsules and cleaning the device (next year).

We hear you; we try our best, and please be patient; most of the production is on, shipping is coming, and sometimes things are not in our hands.

If I'm not answering, it is because we are working on the improvements:) But I'm here, reading the suggestions;)

Happy vaping!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I am so sorry for the double posts...I just got excited. I will try and not do it again. I am sorry.

seedy53

The MP needs to be round
I agree that 95% of this vape is good
But I need to be able to hold this vape naturally as I use it
It's awkward and funny looking holding it flat - especially in on demand mode
The airflow could be slightly more

Larger holes will not help
And besides the thing clogging
Putting a screen over the bowl keeps all clean
If you feel funny about improving your vape by yourself by removing the small annoying screen and putting one over your weed that's your prerogative
But it improves the cleaning and over all maintenance for me - as well as airflow

I do think this is an area that needs improvement if the vape is to be used without modding though
Although - this is what the dosing caps will do
When caps are available I will remove the disc on the door and the gold screen
All will work fine and dandy

So for me it's the MP needs to be 5mm longer and round from the same material as currently
And maybe a less restrictive air intake

And it needs nothing else but dosing caps - I'll remove the bits that make maintenance annoying

And if they want to make a new look
I like the dark racing green
But that's just asthetics
Puting a 15mm screen over the oven reduces bowl size and prevents av puck from forming on the microdose wheel, makes for easy clean up. I can put .3 grams with regular oven without screen, with oven 15mm screen it is about .2g. Something about a gaping hole by the oven (screen stock removal) seems wrong to me. All though that extra air should make it have no feedback restrictions at all. but these are things i have not tried yet because we should not need to. It's a great vap as is.
What about the glass tube rubber grommets, they will need to be replaced as time and iso cleaning dries it out. What will we do then?

felvapes

Perhaps they can make round mouth pieces that can be attached and also keep the standard ceramic one that I love. I would not want to use a round mouthpiece on the vape.

I love the shape and how it lays on top very nicely on the wireless charger. That is why I love this vape...because its not like the other ones. This vape is super portable for me. I don't want to deal with a glass mouth piece. I am already worried about cracking the one inside. So I got additional ones.

I wanted Airvape to think about perhaps making a special edition retro style...a beautiful piece with chrome maybe? Or a unit that has just a hint of wood.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I am so sorry for the double posts...I just got excited. I will try and not do it again. I am sorry.
I don't want a glass MP
I stated I want the same material - the same MP - about 5mm extra length and round at the exit - and a number of others have stated the same
Especially if you use it on demand mode
It will do all the things you speak of still but it can be held in a natural manner and any comfortable position
Puting a 15mm screen over the oven reduces bowl size and prevents av puck from forming on the microdose wheel, makes for easy clean up. I can put .3 grams with regular oven without screen, with oven 15mm screen it is about .2g. Something about a gaping hole by the oven (screen stock removal) seems wrong to me. All though that extra air should make it have no feedback restrictions at all. but these are things i have not tried yet because we should not need to. It's a great vap as is.
What about the glass tube rubber grommets, they will need to be replaced as time and iso cleaning dries it out. What will we do then?
Putting a screen over the weed does no such thing
It's the same size bowl lol - how thick is your screen?

In my mighty I removed the screen above the oven too and in my v3pro
What are your concerns about a gaping hole lol

With the screen over the bowl it is easier clean up and maintenance as no avb gets stuck in the disc or falls on the silicone when brushing it off
You simply turn the vape over and tap and the whole lot comes out clean
Easier, cleaner, less maintenance long term
Better airflow with better vapour production and less things catching reclaim so you get it all
I also did not have to clean it for almost two weeks straight.... This is due to the mods - I haven't had a vape that I use that often go so long between cleans and I couldn't do that with the small screen in place

It's true - the ALP works a treat out of the box it's a beast of a vape and I love it
But life can be made both easier and better with some simple mods - like most vapers do to almost any vape
It's great though that you find a way to enjoy it the way you like

That's why the round MP made of the same material will be the goods
So we can hold it how we like comfortably

I have to say in regards to any improvements
As much as I like the idea of a green
The asthetics don't bother me so much - it already looks great and subtle which is more appealing to me
I care about performance and function in a vape first and would like those things addressed like the MP and maybe airflow before making changes to the look

Last edited:

ld

Hi,

Happy vaping!

All of the info sounds great to me, I am loving it with 5/8” screens I purchased thru Amazon 15.6mm. Just slightly push down and no mess at all anymore. I will certainly use the dosing capsules once available.

Reading the info has helped tremendously, I never would’ve known about the screen option, removing the small screen, gasket and disc.

I only use it in on-demand mode and have to hold in left hand (I’m a righty) especially in car for comfort and button does occasionally release.

A question for all of the experts, I happen to be lucky enough to have a vehicle with wireless charging pad and just place it on there when not using, I purchased an additional ALP battery with original order. Does keeping it on the charging pad degrade the battery? I never keep it on when it is full.

Also my one suggestion is maybe do something to the stirrer like a scoop/brush at the back end???

Everyone enjoy their weekend since we get an extra hour to vape.

Larry

seedy53

I don't want a glass MP
I stated I want the same material - the same MP - about 5mm extra length and round at the exit - and a number of others have stated the same
Especially if you use it on demand mode
It will do all the things you speak of still but it can be held in a natural manner and any comfortable position

Putting a screen over the weed does no such thing
It's the same size bowl lol - how thick is your screen?

In my mighty I removed the screen above the oven too and in my v3pro
What are your concerns about a gaping hole lol

With the screen over the bowl it is easier clean up and maintenance as no avb gets stuck in the disc or falls on the silicone when brushing it off
You simply turn the vape over and tap and the whole lot comes out clean
Easier, cleaner, less maintenance long term
Better airflow with better vapour production and less things catching reclaim so you get it all
I also did not have to clean it for almost two weeks straight.... This is due to the mods - I haven't had a vape that I use that often go so long between cleans and I couldn't do that with the small screen in place

It's true - the ALP works a treat out of the box it's a beast of a vape and I love it
But life can be made both easier and better with some simple mods - like most vapers do to almost any vape
It's great though that you find a way to enjoy it the way you like

That's why the round MP made of the same material will be the goods
So we can hold it how we like comfortably

I have to say in regards to any improvements
As much as I like the idea of a green
The asthetics don't bother me so much - it already looks great and subtle which is more appealing to me
I care about performance and function in a vape first and would like those things addressed like the MP and maybe airflow before making changes to the look
with a j-hook adapter, i can milk myself silly without mods.
i can hold the on-demand button-down while pointing the alp in a full vertical or pointing alp down using glass wpa. it's is difficult to use with stock mp in horizontal in my right hand and tolerable in left hand. i like the mp material but not the shape or the short length. i use attached wpa as a mp substitute too for any position of alp unit. i will try all your mods, so i can determine it's superiority. ty for the conversation

seedy53,
Reactions: felvapes
Top Bottom