AirVape Legacy Pro

Sprocket

Hello,
I'm new here and i just got the air legacy pro 2 days ago.
Does any one know if this black spot in the heating chamber is ok? It's only in this spot.

It's completely normal and nothing to be concerned about. Over time it will discolor in spots - if it bothers you you can clean it with a q-tip and some warmed up Dark Crystal Glass Cleaner and it will be shiny again

OyVape

yes, but using it on a waterpipe is pretty much shot ded. i think 60s motion timer is too short for session mode, 2m would be perfect, hmmm i wonder if any other (successful) vape manufacturer reached the same conclusion.

@OyVape had a scrap wedding band. straightened/hammered (annealed2x), polished, twisted, finished ends. took a couple of hours.
edit: found an interesting low cost solution HERE. 4mm flat wire should also work for dynavap condensers, i think the ALP glass tube is 6mm ID.

Thanks for the tip, but brass is not really considered safe to inhale

OyVape,

Looper714

The capsule lid on top of a full bowl really works a treat. My routine to go to sleep lately has been two capsules of dry herb, followed by a bowl of herb + concentrate with a capsule lid covering the top.
I'm going to try the dc lid over the bowl tonite - are you all using the micro-dose cap as well?

vandalizedbythelotus

Thanks for the tip, but brass is not really considered safe to inhale
what? since when? any data to back this claim up? it wouldn't even be exposed to vaping temps but much lower in the glass tube.
unless you mean actually inhaling the wire in which case i don't think material matters much.

the brass in question is: CDA #230 alloy; 85% copper, 15% zinc (Materials: uncoated rich low brass wire, does not contain nickel or lead)

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: Okla68

floribud

| Thanks for the tip, but brass is not really considered safe to inhale

what? since when? any data to back this claim up? it wouldn't even be exposed to vaping temps but much lower in the glass tube.
unless you mean actually inhaling the wire in which case i don't think material matters much.

the brass in question is: CDA #230 alloy; 85% copper, 15% zinc (Materials: uncoated rich low brass wire, does not contain nickel or lead)

I'm not an expert but https://parkdalebrass.com/blogs/news/slow-smoking-with-brass-pipes seems to indicate brass is safe to smoke out of. I used small brass smokeshop pipes all through my teens and twenties back in the 80s and 90s as did most of the people I knew back then.

Last edited:

wobbygong

Well I have to admit that I'm not smart enough to figure out what the first half means ie. the bit about the extended max temperature. Though I doubt that it means that it has a higher max temperature (>240C or whatever). Mainly because that sounds like a fairly major modification, more than just changing the exterior. But otherwise I have no idea.

wobbygong,
Reactions: Dr. G

Sue Narmy

Gary said, "We extended the max temp a bit and put an easter egg function to play around." My intelligence can figure out the first half but, what does...put an easter egg function to play around mean? LOL

I think it’s the same function on android phones. The Easter egg function is hidden but when you find it you can customise the colour of the screen.
I don’t have a android phone so I’m not sure if it’s a real thing or not.

imor jones

Is the extended max temp only for the steampunk Edition or also for normal pro?

I can find the steampunk Version only on their USA Website. Not on the EU or german one. On the german one there is even no legacy pro at all. Just the old legacy. But i can find the pro in other online shops. My local retailer also cannot find the steampunk Edition.
So i am about to order the normal pro, though i would prefer the steampunk, but i dont want to order from usa. Even that they this big discount right now. The earlybird Code works. I checked it.
So i am just wondering if the normal pro also have the update like extended max temp...etc

imor jones,

seedy53

Is the extended max temp only for the steampunk Edition or also for normal pro?

I can find the steampunk Version only on their USA Website. Not on the EU or german one. On the german one there is even no legacy pro at all. Just the old legacy. But i can find the pro in other online shops. My local retailer also cannot find the steampunk Edition.
So i am about to order the normal pro, though i would prefer the steampunk, but i dont want to order from usa. Even that they this big discount right now. The earlybird Code works. I checked it.
So i am just wondering if the normal pro also have the update like extended max temp...etc
nope extra heat function or easter egg on reg legacy pro units

seedy53,
Top Bottom