AirVape Legacy Pro

imor jones

Maybe i should just wait till the steampunk Edition is available in germany. Or might this not happen? Didnt they say something about limited Edition?
Edit
Or no i guess just the earlybird offer is limited. Makes more sense 😏

Last edited:
imor jones,
Reactions: seedy53

Pukka

Is the extended max temp only for the steampunk Edition or also for normal pro?

I can find the steampunk Version only on their USA Website. Not on the EU or german one. On the german one there is even no legacy pro at all. Just the old legacy. But i can find the pro in other online shops. My local retailer also cannot find the steampunk Edition.
So i am about to order the normal pro, though i would prefer the steampunk, but i dont want to order from usa. Even that they this big discount right now. The earlybird Code works. I checked it.
So i am just wondering if the normal pro also have the update like extended max temp...etc
My guess would be that if they've updated hard/software to implement this it'll filter into the regular release, maybe. Probably depends on when/where developement on the "Legacy Pro V2" is atm. Maybe a "Legacy Pro V1.5" or a "+" version as a pleasant diversion until the V2 comes out. I also seem to remember that the Pro was a late entry on Airvape's EU site. By a few days to maybe a week but I could be confused. I am not confused about Airvapes customer service, however, and I'm sure they care about the EU and Germany and the _Steampunk_ will arrive sooner rather than later.

imor jones

Feels like i have to wait for the steampunk Edition now....BUT i just ordered the normal pro. Very excited to get it.
This vape has very good Reputation. High score from Troy for example. Better oompf and taste than some other top notch vapes. We will see:)

Is it realy so nice for concentrates as well?

imor jones,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Feels like i have to wait for the steampunk Edition now....BUT i just ordered the normal pro. Very excited to get it.
This vape has very good Reputation. High score from Troy for example. Better oompf and taste than some other top notch vapes. We will see:)

I can't speak for concentrates (although others have praised it for them) but for me it is the best tasting battery portable vape for flower I have come across so far.

Pukka

Yuppers, it's probably the best "non-dedicated" concentrate device I've used. Kind of like the Firefly on steroids but much better. I actually bought a Legacy SE on sale just for hash hits. It's also why I'm excited about the mod Airvape's doing to the SP Edition's max temp. Should make concentrates even better.

imor jones

Yeah, the higher temps for concentrates would be the main reason to wait for the steampunk. An internet shop states, that there is have the updated 01/2023 version. And higher temp should just be a software update thing. So why should the pro not have this higher temp configuration....i wonder...and hope that my pro that comes in a few days will have higher temps too

I just was re reading the Massage from gary-airvape two pages ago..
I
He was was writing;

"We extended the max temp a bit and put an easter egg function to play around. But! It is a PRO in a new color.

This is the only time you get this at such a low price, and it will be only available for a short time (a limited number has been made)"

So after reading this, i still hope the normal pro gots higher temps too.
And it seems just a limited number has been made. So it might not get on the europeanien market at all.
So i might should order a discounted one from usa to germany, too
But since you guys already spoke about a legacy pro 2...aah vas is so strong again 🧐

Last edited:

kapows

Yeah, the higher temps for concentrates would be the main reason to wait for the steampunk. An internet shop states, that there is have the updated 01/2023 version. And higher temp should just be a software update thing. So why should the pro not have this higher temp configuration....i wonder...and hope that my pro that comes in a few days will have higher temps too

I just was re reading the Massage from gary-airvape two pages ago..
I
He was was writing;

"We extended the max temp a bit and put an easter egg function to play around. But! It is a PRO in a new color.

This is the only time you get this at such a low price, and it will be only available for a short time (a limited number has been made)"

So after reading this, i still hope the normal pro gots higher temps too.
And it seems just a limited number has been made. So it might not get on the europeanien market at all.
So i might should order a discounted one from usa to germany, too
But since you guys already spoke about a legacy pro 2...aah vas is so strong again 🧐
Is there a legacy pro2?

I think that was just speculation...i doubt its coming soon.

Maybe another year?

Pukka

Is there a legacy pro2?

I think that was just speculation...i doubt its coming soon.

Maybe another year?
I guessed that Airvape'll will bring out an "ALP 2" or whatever name sooner or later above. It was purely a guess based on what I know about the extractor business, import/export, etc. And to be honest, I don't have a very accurate perdiction gene, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

wobbygong

I got another email about the AVLP steampunk edition yesterday. It had a link to a page promoting it on their site. The only mention I could see there about the heating said 'updated heating tech (still super fast)'. Down the page a bit it gives the temp range as 212 to 464F. Same as the original. I would have thought that if it got hotter than before they'd have said so in the ad.

But then Gary did say they 'extended the max temp' which does sound like it gets hotter. It's all a bit too vague and contradictory for me. It'd be good if Gary could clarify what they've actually done to the heating.

One thing I'm fairly certain of is that if the SP ed. really does get a few degrees hotter, then some/many people with the original are going to want the same 'improvement'.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
@Gary-Airvape:
Can you answer:
regarding the new Legacy Pro SE (Steam Punk), i wonder if it is a 20f increase or more or less than for concentrates? how much more heat?
can the older pro be heat temp be increased through software upgrade?
Ok, so here are the facts:

We are planning to increase the temp as the upgrade is a better heating spiral(more even distribution of heat). BUT at the last minute, the engineers did NOT approve this due to the fact it needed a different air path to do it safely.

The Shit thing is that neither the marketing team nor the Webdev team got the memo...

So here I'm between fires but take the blame. It was a rushed update that was pulled back at the last minute.

I apologize for it!

The current version of the SE is a colored version. limited edition with a blinker challenge as an easter egg.
It has different temp settings for different lengths, and if you can do all 4, you are badass (god mode) ;)
Activation is holding all buttons together.

The good news is we do work to upgrade all the little things you guys mention. Timer, bigger temp for wax, air path cleaning issue, hinge thing so on.

I have no information on the v2. Release date. maybe 2024

This year we are focusing on the ENSO and a new OM- keychain wax/oil vape.

Again, I'm so sorry for the misinformation. Our company had no intention of doing this.

Best,
Gary

kapows

Ok, so here are the facts:

We are planning to increase the temp as the upgrade is a better heating spiral(more even distribution of heat). BUT at the last minute, the engineers did NOT approve this due to the fact it needed a different air path to do it safely.

The Shit thing is that neither the marketing team nor the Webdev team got the memo...

So here I'm between fires but take the blame. It was a rushed update that was pulled back at the last minute.

I apologize for it!

The current version of the SE is a colored version. limited edition with a blinker challenge as an easter egg.
It has different temp settings for different lengths, and if you can do all 4, you are badass (god mode) ;)
Activation is holding all buttons together.

The good news is we do work to upgrade all the little things you guys mention. Timer, bigger temp for wax, air path cleaning issue, hinge thing so on.

I have no information on the v2. Release date. maybe 2024

This year we are focusing on the ENSO and a new OM- keychain wax/oil vape.

Again, I'm so sorry for the misinformation. Our company had no intention of doing this.

Best,
Gary
Hi Gary

Does the SE have the better spiral for more even heat distribution?

For the V2, consider a different loading system and a better mouthpiece set up. Maybe halogen heating? :)

Looking forward to the next iteration. This digital avlp is awesome.

kapows,

davesmith

Glass Blower
Wicked news @Gary-Airvape about a future upgrade to the pro. Its so close to being best in its class imho!

Purer, easier to clean air/vapour path is my biggest issue.

If this was resolved I’d be a happy vaper, the rest of the stuff you mention would just be a bonus to me.

Good luck with the new products i’ll be sure to check um

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Wicked news @Gary-Airvape about a future upgrade to the pro. Its so close to being best in its class imho!

Purer, easier to clean air/vapour path is my biggest issue.

If this was resolved I’d be a happy vaper, the rest of the stuff you mention would just be a bonus to me.
Yep. I feel the same way. Find a way to remove the PEEK and silicone in the vapor path and this portable is golden. Zirconia and glass as much as possible. It already tastes great and this would make it even better.

I guess raising the max temp to say 500F would please the concentrate users as well. Make it a bit easier to clean with a different mechanism than the microdosing disc. This vape has so much potential with some more tweaks.

greenpager

I direct this message to those persons in N. Am. who purchased dosing capsules that, while not defective, are destined nevertheless to sit unused (dexterity issues, insurmountable disappointment in design, "other"). Maybe you discovered that the subsequent reduction in oven volume or airflow is more than you can abide. Mayhap you already have pledged your troth to the next version (DC v.2) and cannot but reject the chubbywalled yet functional (meaning, for purposes of this post, that lid is neither domed nor turreted) dosing capsules currently in your possession...and more than 15 days have passed since purchase.

Sorry for your situation ... and quite possibly interested in helping to relieve or lessen the weight of the burden you bear. Why endure the silent mocking contempt from said capsules when you can unload them and recover some portion of the resources you invested in the unfortunate purchase? Maybe I can help. PM me. ; )

Admin/Mods, if the preceding runs afoul of rules for this forum/thread, please delete with my apologies.
Bump!
The response thus far has made me so happy and perhaps a little greedy lol. To be clear, I seek dc/air bubbles *without* the defective lid issue. Maybe you prefer not to use them or maybe you don't need all six. PM me. 🤑

greenpager,
Reactions: RxPlorer

RxPlorer

Bump!
The response thus far has made me so happy and perhaps a little greedy lol. To be clear, I seek dc/air bubbles *without* the defective lid issue. Maybe you prefer not to use them or maybe you don't need all six. PM me. 🤑
I support you on your quest! Unfortunately mine are all in rotation and I just can't part with them :)

Sue Narmy

So the Pro has a built-in motion detector which is supposed to shut itself off after 60 seconds if no movement is detected.
Well my one has been switching itself off while I’ve been using it.
I have it set for 5 minutes but it randomly switches itself off while if got it to my mouth. It doesn’t happen all the time but it’s a right pain in the backside.

I still love using the capsules but I absolutely hate filling them up as the threading on them is 💩
The caps keep the oven clean so I will persevere using them.

I’ve been using my Pro daily and the exterior still looks new.

The new Steampunk colour is not my cup of tea so I’m not going to buy it but would I buy another AirVape product??. Hell yeah!!!!.

MrBaked.co

Any word on push fit capsules yet? I'm still waiting on my replacements to arrive weeks later and the 1 I have left has siezed up a few times and this tine it seems that its stuck for good.

I love this device but push fit capsules will genuinely be the decider on whether I persist with it any longer.

MrBaked.co,

RxPlorer

Any word on push fit capsules yet? I'm still waiting on my replacements to arrive weeks later and the 1 I have left has siezed up a few times and this tine it seems that its stuck for good.

I love this device but push fit capsules will genuinely be the decider on whether I persist with it any longer.
You might want to figure out what your alternative is in that case, sounds like the redesigned caps are not a priority

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Okla68
Top Bottom