• 36 ---- 48

• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I remember being like, "Well, that joint won't smoke..." We were a little baffled on how to deal with our sudden turn of fortunes, the fouled scissors, the compressed bits, and the stickiness everywhere. I just gave up on doobs for the most part and went with bong hits & bowls. Now that you mention it, though, the weed i get is nowhere near as "resinated" as that stuff was.
Ha, yeah, nevermind the economics... mostly bowls and onies for a good stretch, until I grew.... then it was "personal" joints for all...! Until stopped growing, then it was back to bowls and onies....

As for overly resinous weed of yor, I believe proper curing took care or much of that....

coolbreeze

Ha, yeah, nevermind the economics... mostly bowls and onies for a good stretch, until I grew.... then it was "personal" joints for all...! Until stopped growing, then it was back to bowls and onies....

As for overly resinous weed of yor, I believe proper curing took care or much of that....
You're probably right. It was really something to experience that transition from imported compressed field weed to the sticky, seedless, unsmashed buds. Must have taken the good farmers of the Appalachians a minute to figure out the finer points; I remember watching the (alleged) GDP of WV&KY grow with the transition. We knew the emerald triangle was doing all kinds of exciting things with rumors of new concentrates and so forth but that was mostly legendary to us. The middle part of the country sort of jolted forward and then sat pat, it seems like. I do remember making mini temple-balls from the resinous sinsie.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Almost everyone I knew that had a triple beam had swiped it from a high school or university.
:brow:
While I do remember using these little pocket scales well, I also remember the triple-beams courtesy of WJH science dept that were floating around everywhere, haha... and then I bought one at a head shop in Nashua, NH (Headlines) after my first successful harvest in the late 80's... still have it!
= Wellesley Junior High School (grades 7,8 & 9)
:tup:

Okla68

I would expect most FC population be 35+ , cause people are able to buy nice toys, have time to post and discuss them btw daily routine.

Nostalgic part - used to live in country where 5 year per gram could be a price
5 years per gram would cause a person to find a Different pass time.
When younger I may have found the danger a bit more stimulating, but, at 75...I think I'll leave it to the ones with bigger kahoonas than I have.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
💕:
💯💪
GIF-20240320-210302-214.gif

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Picture a baggie hanging off that.

Now picture it half-full of stems and seeds, half-full of brown, compressed, indistinguishable floral matter and dust. Now, keep that firmly in mind as someone waxes to you about the good old days! ; )

(the early 80's could've looked like this for me... the late 80's were VERY, VERY different :nod::myday:)

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
(the early 80's could've looked like this for me... the late 80's were VERY, VERY different :nod::myday:)

Indeed !
This is what we had in the early 80s.
Like you, by the late 80s I saw GREEN BEAUTIFUL herb !
I heard a magical word when I saw it.
It was "Mendocino" and "Humboldt".....
...So, off I went to live in Mendo and SoHum !!
It's been a real gas. :)

Thanks for that meme, it's great !

coolbreeze

Indeed !
This is what we had in the early 80s.
Like you, by the late 80s I saw GREEN BEAUTIFUL herb !
I heard a magical word when I saw it.
It was "Mendocino" and "Humboldt".....
...So, off I went to live in Mendo and SoHum !!
It's been a real gas. :)

Thanks for that meme, it's great !
"Sensi" changed everything! ; )

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
"Sensi" changed everything! ; )
Tru dat. I remember talking/dreaming about the often lauded/fabled "California Sinsemilla" in the late 70's, but didn't get to try any actual "Lamb's Bread" (or "Breath" as we were to mistakenly understand it) until the early 80s, but it was rarely if ever available to young teen punks like me and my buddies... It took ME having to go to Sensi Seeds in "The 'Dam" the week between Xmas and New Years in '88 (I had just turned 21), after having my 2nd successful harvest from stash seeds, to fund the trip and change all that forever... The "Skunk #1" (and "Big Bud", too, which was much more expensive but otherwise very similar) was the most consistent and reliable performer growing outdoors in MA from the seeds smuggled back... In fact, some of my offspring could've very well gone into the "Chem 91" and "Sour Diesel" that popped up a few years later....:brow::tup:

8 years ago, when the poIl was initiated (if the percentages were similar), I'd just make the biggest group... now I'm in the 4th... daaayum! :disgust:
Back in 3rd....! :cool::clap::rockon: Whew, I can inch away from the ledge now....:rolleyes::haw:✌️

Edit: oh yeah, this, too:

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
saw my 1st "jar weed" in '83. sooo sticky, could not put it in plastic bags w/out having to peel it off the plastic leaving half your trichomes there:uhoh:

budski,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've change my vote. Now I have only 23 compatriots, as a member of the rapidly dwindling crowd.
I prefer to call us the Elite though some think that is ostentatious.
We are in rarefied air, hmm, maybe The Dying Breed?
Thanks for aging-up!
I think you have 24 others in the group, we are now 25 in total. Unless -- and perish the thought -- someone "left the building" and forgot to punch out? :whoa:

Top Bottom