About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Viva la New Fuck Combustion! ✊

I love the forward thinking, guys. Well done @pakalolo & @Stu for making sure FC lives on, no matter what.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

But not just for this - also for all of the time, thought & effort you have poured into FC, over the years, with no remuneration other than the personal satisfaction of knowing you are doing a damn good job. And no shit Sherlock, you do one helluva damn good job! :sherlock:

This community is a lifeline for so many.
The passion is real. Trolls, not so much.

Now, I just need to work out how to carry over my hard earned likes . . . !

💨 Vape on & on & on & on & on, you guys! 💨

:peace:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Once again, thanks to all for the warm fuzzies.

We'll gradually open things up here, so today I've opened the Cultivation sub-forum for new threads. This one is first because there are no legacy threads from FC and allowing grow discussions seems to be a hit.

Retailers can also start threads in the Retailer threads sub-forum, one per retailer please.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I joined FC after the founder disappeared so I don't have a reference point for what the site was like back then. I was looking for an alternative to combustion and found something more.......A "haven" where niceness isn't the exception.... but is the rule. In contrast to many other sites where ugliness and trolling is the norm......, @pakalolo / @Stu (and other long term members like @stickstones) created a safe space for us.

Thank you so much for including me in the first wave start up! Thank you for not giving up on the site and the people who frequent it! It is greatly appreciated and so are you!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
As the notice says, we are mostly open now. We want to manage the transition of vaporizer-specific threads carefully so they will be handled by staff. We will open the Upcoming & Unreleased section eventually but for now, they remain closed.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Love the new setup Pak!

With regards to "Where we hope to go," might NFC be willing to add a forum for Events under the "Community" tab?

It would be really nice to have a central location for all Industry related events, for glass events like Champs, Canna and Concentrate Cups, even for the smaller farmers markets between.

Is this the right thread for such a suggestion?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Love the new setup Pak!

With regards to "Where we hope to go," might NFC be willing to add a forum for Events under the "Community" tab?

It would be really nice to have a central location for all Industry related events, for glass events like Champs, Canna and Concentrate Cups, even for the smaller farmers markets between.

Is this the right thread for such a suggestion?

Thanks. For now, this is the right thread and that's a good suggestion. I'll add that shortly.

edit: I'm not sure how many events there will be in the post-pandemic world, but I added it anyway.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
agreed... the whole landscape will change with regards to industry functions, but at least there will be a place we can congregate and discuss.

Thanks for being receptive!

Last suggestion [for now], is that I really would like to see the ability to edit restored, and not taken away after any period of time.

I understand the purpose is to protect the integrity and data that is on the forum, but it could be helpful if it weren't required to contact a mod to edit an inaccurate post, and probably take a load off moderating. To that end, I think it would be helpful if thread starters could continually edit their first post of the thread in order to add the most important information and relevant links as the thread develops... Not that it would always happen, but this would allow for the most pertinent information to be updated and included at the top of threads in the first post- potentially eliminating the need for redundant "Best of" threads.

Last edited:

pakvapes

agreed... the whole landscape will change with regards to industry functions, but at least there will be a place we can congregate and discuss.

Thanks for being receptive!

Last suggestion [for now], is that I really would like to see the ability to edit restored, and not taken away after any period of time.

I understand the purpose is to protect the integrity and data that is on the forum, but it could be helpful if it weren't required to contact a mod to edit an inaccurate post, and probably take a load off moderating. To that end, I think it would be helpful if thread starters could continually edit their first post of the thread in order to add the most important information and relevant links as the thread develops... Not that it would always happen, but this would allow for the most pertinent information to be updated and included at the top of threads in the first post- potentially eliminating the need for redundant "Best of" threads.

The work involved in changing the first post of a thread (if needed) is insignificant compared to the problems that could arise if we allowed unlimited editing. It would be nice if we had a way to allow the thread starter more freedom, but the software doesn't support that.

Can the page count/location be added to the top of each page as well as the bottom?

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you show me with a screen shot?

edit: Aw shit, I did it too.

Both Stu and I are using test accounts tonight to test a few things. I was just making fun of him for posting from his. :doh:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Stu, got the thread watch down. (y)Thanks!

But, now, where do I access the bookmarks?

And what say you on future smilie expansion... down the road, of course, when this site is on an even keel & you have your time back. Please put it at the bottom of your short list when this time comes. I'm unhappy with the selection & I miss the ones that aren't over here. (Where's our smoking spliff guy!i/s/spliff.gif) 3/4 aren't even applicable to our forum. I'm sorry if I'm:deadhorse:. ;)

Seriously, I can do the research to try & find good smiley packages that will work with this forum's software, &, when the time comes, I can coordinate a member fundraiser to pay for it/them. ... Now, where's my bobbing green head! lol

Wait, Stu & Stu V2???

Edited to add: I did find some more FC Originals. No spliff, but :nod:. :clap:

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I do remember mention of the domain having an expiration and I have long been aware that vtac has been AWOL for a long while, so this is welcome news to me. I love the community and I'm so happy to be here at the new and improved FC! 🆕🏴‍☠️

BTW, there are so many smilies and icons! Holy shit

Top Bottom