A valid method to lower tolerance?

Burn

i used to have tolerance issues when i combusted but haven't since i started vaping. i normally keep 'vaping hours,' which for me is from 3pm - 12am each day. that leaves 15 hours each day out of 24 that i'm not vaping. this seems to reset my tolerance each day so i haven't needed to up my usage over time. this wouldnt work for people with 24hr medical needs though.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Many people take CBD to reduce side effects of meds, not to induce. Every EA and grower of CBD that I have a relationship with grow and extract CBD for the sole purpose of reducing effects of illnesses and or medications used to treat these illnesses. Growing CBD strains is purely compassionate as yields are extremely low compared to other strains.

@Ozyzj It's not as though CBD gets rid of THC. At least that's my :2c:!.
Yes. It does. As studies go on, it will become more and more documented.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beluga

Only you can prevent ganja fires.
So you're telling me if I were to take a pure CBD extract it would completely get rid of the THC? I believed it only reduced the effects of the THC. I'm not trying to disprove you I would just want to see more proof because it's interesting.

Beluga,
Reactions: Jeppy

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
@Beluga I understand. Studies will only go further to prove what some feel is a theory. I use predominantly CBD medications and take a minimum of 175mg CBD every day in shatter cap form. I use mainly Penny Wise flowers, I dab mainly cannatonic shatter. I also take a cibdex capsule daily. All for my health.

elvenflow

Tolerance to cannabis' effects occurs - doesnt matter if these effects are therapeutic, medical or recreational.

Tolerance to the mood altering effects may occur, but that does not have any effect on the anti inflammatory effects. Say one uses the herb for Parkinson's, to take one hopefully appropriate example. There is no reason for a Parkinson's patient sporadically stop cannabis., indeed that would be as bad an idea as going on and off other ones other Parkinson's medications erratically. Same would apply for glaucoma , epilepsy-any chronic condition
http://www.leafscience.com/2013/10/16/cannabinoids-slow-parkinsons-study-explains/
The study also helps to explain the results of Dr. Carrol’s previous work, which found THC to have a direct effect against cell injury in Parkinson’s through its “neuroprotective, antioxidant and anti-apoptotic” activity.
While current treatments for Parkinson’s cannot slow the progression of the disease, researchers have
managed to slow the death of dopamine cells in animal models of Parkinson’s using both THC and CBD.

In these cases, letting your brain cells die for a while to get mildly dizzy for three days seems counter productive.

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I have to say I was a bit skeptical how effective this would be as I have high tolerance, but I've tried it twice now and it does seem to work! Each time I had a forced T-break of approx 72 hours which is why I said to myself why not try this.

I did not take a single vape puff though, I did about 2-3, but I think the important thing is that after that I stopped and waited the five-10 minutes or so before taking any more. My high came on pretty strong after those minutes and seemed to last pretty long. I chalked that up to just the t-break but consciously told myself not to inhale any more vapor for awhile after.

As the days go on, I do find myself needing less vapor to achieve a medicated effect and it does seem noticeably stronger and longer lasting! I now believe that the thought that I am increasing the amount of cannabinoid receptors seems true.

I think the most valuable part of this is to force yourself to stop your session after just a few puffs and wait to see what happens (that can be tough for some folks), but after two weeks of trying this, I am using much less material daily.

Pain

I agree with what Mister G says. If you T-Break and then use again like you did before you just go right back to the same tolerance you had. Just use less with the stop after short session method and within a few days your tolerance is much lower so you feel higher with longer duration even though you use less.

uhranium

Soo, what happens If I do this, and on the 4th day I take 3-5 puffs for getting a good high and some days later I'm like "It's weekend; 8pm, I wanna leave for a party but keep my vape at home" and I hit the mighty like for 10-15 puffs will I get ultra high without fuking up my tolerance or should I go back to the 1puff-5m method the next day?

uhranium,
Reactions: Sapios

WoodyWeedPecker

Much thanks to the original poster for the video.

The second part of the video, after the 4:10 mark, is the most practical part, but what I won't forget is the first part.

His explanations on how the cannabinoid receptors works ring true to me.

1- First time you use MJ you don't feel anything. No or few cannabinoid receptors.
2- When you take a lot of MJ, the cannabinoid receptors eventually pull back. You have less cannabinoid receptors for the same amount of MJ and thus you have built yourself a high tolerance.
3- If you take a MJ break, or take just a few tokes, then the cannabinoid receptors don't pull back and you have a low tolerance (a lot of cannabinoid receptors ) with the same effect as those who've built themselves up a high tolerance (not a lot of cannabinoid receptors)

I didn't take a formal T break but I probably did so unintentionally using my MFLB with a very small amount (0.05g or lower) of herb. Compare with what I used to take with the MFLB filling up the trench at half point, which was already much lower than smoking it, I can't believe how much smaller amount of herb I need for about the same effect, maybe around [5-7].

Of course by taking a larger amount of herb in one session do get me to a [8-9], in the sense that I feel higher and more medicated, but it's just because my body would have a lot of cannabinoid receptors who still haven't pulled back due to me using small quantities of herb per session most of the other times. If I would keep using high amounts, the cannabinoid receptors would pull back and I would be back into the viscious circle of high tolerence. At least that's how I see it and how I can rationalize my experience with the MFLB and using small quantities of herb to get a good effects. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

uhranium

Hit my mighty this morning for two long inhales with super brown ABV (vaped at 150, 165, 180, 205 and now 210°C) and damn, I got sedated. Need some fresh weed to do this trick.

uhranium,

Sapios

Soo, what happens If I do this, and on the 4th day I take 3-5 puffs for getting a good high and some days later I'm like "It's weekend; 8pm, I wanna leave for a party but keep my vape at home" and I hit the mighty like for 10-15 puffs will I get ultra high without fuking up my tolerance or should I go back to the 1puff-5m method the next day?

I believe that if you get 10-15 puffs you will mess up with the method and your tolerance. This is not a major mistake though, it just means that you have to go for a 48 hour break again and start all over.

Actually, this thought was always in the back of my head. The thought that if someday I go nuts on my vapes, it's ok because I can reset my tolerance with a small break and this method all over again.

After 5 months though, there was not a single time that I actually wanted to do this and believe me, I've been through all the activities that used to make me smoke/vape like nuts. I now feel more full and content than ever, I must be crazy to ruin it..

edit: If I want to get ultra high as you mention, I just take two good puffs in a row and I get there. Usually after that it takes much longer to go again for a puff, so my tolerance is somehow maintained.

Last edited:
Sapios,

SpaceCoyote

I tried this method last week!
For me, cannabis tolerance is interesting. It's not the classic "I need more to get the same effects", instead I just don't get the same effects as before and simply vaping more doesn't really help. More of a qualitative than quantitative tolerance, if that makes any sense.

What I did:
Days 1 and 2: didn't vape. For total 72 hour break.
Day 3: late evening loaded a TINY amount of flowers in the Lotus. Guessing maybe 30mg?
One hit: didn't really feel much. 15 minutes later a second hit and got very minimal effects. Done for the day.
Day 4: about 2pm loaded another tiny bowl, took a similar small hit but this time felt effects immediately! Proceeded to get fantastically high for two hours! Messed up my plans for the day :-) and probably messed up the sensitizing procedure.
Day 4: (bedtime) since procedure said up to three times a day, I did one hit before bed. Effects about the same as Day 3.
Day 5: similar again to day 3.
Day 6: this was supposed to be the "back to normal" day with a normal sized bowl. At this point I screwed up the test. A friend came over and we ended up combining some other substances that made it impossible to really judge the effect of the cannabis.
Proceeded to overdo it the rest of the weekend and now back to normal tolerance but will try again.

Lessons learned: 1.this technique seems like it can really work and potentially much faster than advertised! The day 4 effects were much better than what I've gotten from simply taking a break for a a few days then going straight to my usual dose.
2. if you're really trying to be semi-scientific about, don't add extra variables. ;-)
3. If you get carried away, you can quickly get your old tolerance back.
4. It's quick and easy to do, so you can always start over or do it again.
5. May not be a viable option for medicinal users since you have to go without for a couple days.

Anyway....gonna try again.
Also, based on the Day 4 results I got, I might try an abbreviated version:
Day 1: abstain
Day 2: tiny, "barely feel it"hit
Day 3: back to normal.

Last edited:

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Hello serial vapists! I found a video on Reddit which I would like to hear your opinions on. I have a very low tolerance myself (mostly to save money) but I can see this method being used for those who have much higher tolerances, such as medical users who really need their medication to be potent.

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant to having a high tolerance. I really have no experience with medical marijuana dosage or even having that bad of a tolerance issue. If this video helps, I'm happy I could help some people. If it doesn't, please give your view on the topic and any tips you have to lowering tolerance, for example having an extended tolerance break (which I realize isn't as effective for some). Thanks for reading and responding. This is a beautiful community!

P.S.: The method is described around the 4:10 mark. Before that, he just explains what tolerance is.

:cheers:

sounds legit and I'm going to try it starting monday! As long as those 1-2 puffs arent giant bong rips, it should work!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have to say I was a bit skeptical how effective this would be as I have high tolerance, but I've tre ied it twice now and it does seem to work! Each time I had a forced T-break of approx 72 hours which is why I said to myself why not try this.

I did not take a single vape puff though, I did about 2-3, but I think the important thing is that after that I stopped and waited the five-10 minutes or so before taking any more. My high came on pretty strong after those minutes and seemed to last pretty long. I chalked that up to just the t-break but consciously told myself not to inhale any more vapor for awhile after.

As the days go on, I do find myself needing less vapor to achieve a medicated effect and it does seem noticeably stronger and longer lasting! I now believe that the thought that I am increasing the amount of cannabinoid receptors seems true.

I think the most valuable part of this is to force yourself to stop your session after just a few puffs and wait to see what happens (that can be tough for some folks), but after two weeks of trying this, I am using much less material daily.

I love the entire experience. I wish I could reduce my dose (at times) without reducing my number of hits. I enjoy the vape process. I do want to reduce tolerance due financial reasons and have to try and pay attention to number of draws I'm taking. If I'm not thinking, I can take a hundred. I will only get so high.

chimpybits

I love the entire experience. I wish I could reduce my dose (at times) without reducing my number of hits. I enjoy the vape process. I do want to reduce tolerance due financial reasons and have to try and pay attention to number of draws I'm taking. If I'm not thinking, I can take a hundred. I will only get so high.
^^^ likewise - all of it.

chimpybits,

chimpybits

You can use a less potent strain. That way it should take the same amount of hits to get the same dose, but only if the other cannabinoids are in the same ratio as what you are use to, just less of them altogether per gram of bud.
Yep, I've been doing this. Also, been using a higher CBD strain. Works similarly in that it's less potent THC-wise, but offers a somewhat different experience.

chimpybits,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm on the Omega Labs site right now, and thinking about adding some organic concentrated CBD to the liquid pads in my Mighty. Not an easy site to navigate. Any body familiar with CBD's from Omega?

Bravesst,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm on the Omega Labs site right now, and thinking about adding some organic concentrated CBD to the liquid pads in my Mighty. Not an easy site to navigate. Any body familiar with CBD's from Omega?
I've ordered several times from them. If you are adding it to the Mighty, you will want to get one of their vapable varieties.

You'll find more about them in this thread.

The Stranger

Account Closed
I am finally trying this technique. I've been wanting to for a few weeks now but always find an excuse to vape/smoke. After a while of doing it way too much and often I start to feel like it messes with my head too much and like I need to be high to do everything and that's not healthy. Not even necessarily a "need" but just a "well why the hell not get high before doing that?" So anyways, after this weekend of smoking quiiiite a few joints :shit: each day, I figured today was finally the day to start. It was a tough one. From the moments I woke up I knew I was having withdrawals. I was in a grumpy mood and noticeably more tired at work, as even my co-worker pointed out.

Now to just stay strong until Saturday. I know I can do it but I still have a good half ounce left and it's hard to have it just sitting there. I am easily tempted and persuaded also. I don't really like to smoke and sit around alone unless I'm really bored but everything else I do I like doing high. (Hike, bike, cruise, etc.) Plus there are two just gorgeous girls that I hang out with and smoke with multiple times a week. I honestly want to avoid them this whole week but it's oh so hard. I know when they ask if I want to hang out smoking will be involved and I just can't say no! I love hanging out with them and I love being high. And I love hanging out with them high!
But big deal right? I'll just have to tell them I can't until Saturday and that will be that. :nope:

Sorry if anyone is even still reading this. I'm mostly writing it because I need to vent and keep myself occupied otherwise I'll find an excuse to vape. Right now, I am just really excited to see how well this technique works and I really cant wait until Saturday! One day at a time.

One of my friends always says "Wow, first world problems" when I mention I am "addicted" to weed and need to take a break. I know she's joking but it's true and it's a little embarrassing. Here I am worrying about how much I can and can't get high when others have FAR bigger problems to deal with. But hey, what can you do? :rant:

Last edited:

dilvish

in hypno-vision
i started this a week ago. it's certainly true that it lowers your tolerance significantly. my tolerance was ridiculously high (3-5 dabs a session, 3-5 sessions a day, just to stay stoney); now i take one or two big rips out of a pen and i'm good for hours. very satisfied with this method.

The Stranger

Account Closed
i started this a week ago. it's certainly true that it lowers your tolerance significantly. my tolerance was ridiculously high (3-5 dabs a session, 3-5 sessions a day, just to stay stoney); now i take one or two big rips out of a pen and i'm good for hours. very satisfied with this method.
Oh man, your experience is probably going to keep me going until Saturday. I want to vape so bad today because work sucked and it's a beautiful day out but I don't think I will cave.

The Stranger,

dilvish

in hypno-vision
Oh man, your experience is probably going to keep me going until Saturday. I want to vape so bad today because work sucked and it's a beautiful day out but I don't think I will cave.
i had a hard time with the t-break too. actually, i only did two days, and started back up the afternoon of the third. seems to have worked out fine. hope it works out man.

Top Bottom