A new vaporizer under 200$

AlanKeni

For your budget and use case I'd look at the Fierce glass bundle. It's cool and comfortable with the bent stem or water pipe adapter and has less draw resistance than the Arizer vapes, which is something I value.

The Fury 2 could also suit you if you prefer the small size and lower price. Maybe get the wpa, bent glass stem, or bubbler mouthpiece to help keep the vapor comfortable.
The Fierce is not available here in Europe :( It looks amazing though! I was waiting fot ir but here there isn't a shop that sells it.

I was looking at vaposhop and i've found a budget vape, it's the Odin 2 they say it's convection.. Is it any good? Compared to the Fury?

I don't like using bubblers or water pipes..

The fury 2 has a short airpaith compared to the arizer air 2, seems harsher

AlanKeni,

AlanKeni

I've read that thread, they didn't talk about smoothness just vapor quality. I want to know if it's a good choice oer the arizer air 2, ore the Fury 2..

AlanKeni,

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I've read that thread, they didn't talk about smoothness just vapor quality. I want to know if it's a good choice oer the arizer air 2, ore the Fury 2..

I've owned the Air and the fury 2... And a dozen other vapes...

While i prefer my dynavap vapes over everything else... For you I'd recommend the Air 2.

Though i got very similar results from the air and fury 2... But there are more optional glass stem choices with arizer products... There use to be anyways... And for your sensitivity that'll be beneficial for you in finding what produces the smoothest vapor.

Personally id choose the fury 2 with bubbler though... The bubbler would only be good at home really though.

You cant go wrong with either of these choices really...

AlanKeni

I've owned the Air and the fury 2... And a dozen other vapes...

While i prefer my dynavap vapes over everything else... For you I'd recommend the Air 2.

Though i got very similar results from the air and fury 2... But there are more optional glass stem choices with arizer products... There use to be anyways... And for your sensitivity that'll be beneficial for you in finding what produces the smoothest vapor.

Personally id choose the fury 2 with bubbler though... The bubbler would only be good at home really though.

You cant go wrong with either of these choices really...
The VapCap seems to be a reliable vape, i like the fact that you can adjust the airflow, it cools the vapor in someway? It's very cheap, if i can get smooth vapor from that i'll get it tomorrow from my local store

AlanKeni,

little maggie

I can't remember how much the tubo evic is but you might consider that. The software for it gets updated and you can set the temperature and other factors. You can use it on demand or set cruise control for however short a time you want. It's wood and glass with an internal box mod. I think it's from Switzerland.

As for the vapcap I have several and I don't really think there is that much control over the temp. But the M is very inexpensive so you check it out to see if it works for you. I actually found the fury 2 worked well for limiting coughing. I had solos several years ago and couldn't manage the resistance. New ones might not have that.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, I had a Solo II and the longer glass airpath is nice, I just don't care for the draw resistance. The Fierce is like a love child between the Fury 2 and the Solo II but if you can't wait for EU distribution that's totally understandable.

The Solo II is great. The combustion friend I gave mine to complains about the draw resistance and is eyeing a Fury 2 but tons of people rely on the Solo II and enjoy its reliability and glass airpath, plus the battery life is epic.

bossman,
Reactions: arb

AlanKeni

I can have the Fury 2 for 99€ and the Air 2 for 138€ or the VapCap for 59€

The solo i Huge i don't think it's discreet. Also from my reachers they say that is comparable to the air 2 for vapor quality.

That Tubo evic is huge too! I can't go around with that in Italy XD

Wich one should i pick of these 3? I'm leaning towards the air 2 for the replaceable battery and the glass stem..

AlanKeni,

little maggie

The fury 2 comes with a glass mp that you can use pretty easily. I use the larger water mp with a whip. But when I was stuck in a hotel for several months with only the fury 2 and vapcaps I found that I rarely coughed with the vapcap with its basic mp.
I think you need to decide whether draw resistance will make a difference before you buy the air 2. If it's not going to be an issue then it's a good vape.

Vaporware

The VapCap seems to be a reliable vape, i like the fact that you can adjust the airflow, it cools the vapor in someway? It's very cheap, if i can get smooth vapor from that i'll get it tomorrow from my local store

I don’t love VapCaps as much as @Squiby (although I do like and use them often), but here’s one quote from her:

“I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.”

She shows how to make a simple little filter and then goes on to say:

“The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

This technique, for me, gets me where I want to be with no lung irritation. It is the smoothest, coolest vapor I have ever experienced in a vape.”

Personally I wouldn’t want a VapCap to be my *only* option long-term, but I wouldn’t want to be without one either, and since it’s cheap and nearly indestructible, in my opinion it’s a good place to start if you do it Squiby’s Way. :)

You can find more good info from her and others in this short “Best of” thread if you want to know more:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

One more thing about adjusting airflow; the more expensive OmniVap has a condenser you can make longer or shorter, and it does have a Titanium tip with a bit more open airflow, but with the M you can cover and uncover the carb hole to adjust it, or you can put the o-ring inside over part or all of the carb hole to adjust it without worrying about the carb hole while you use it.

If you pick one up, since you don’t know for sure that you’ll like it yet I’d start with the M, the M with a Titanium tip for a bit better airflow and adjustable bowl size, or a NonaVong which should gone with a Ti tip and a spinning mouthpiece as well as a thicker body meant to fit into 14mm glass in case you want water filtration. :)

If you want to be discreet and you don’t think you can get away with a torch then the Fury 2 is probably the best option out of the things you listed, but if you can find a place to get away from people for a minute either one should work. Considering their price, you could even try both!

I have to say though, I’ve never used the Fury 2, I’ve just seen a lot of good comments on it and I know it’s smaller and more pocketable than most of the options people have posted for you.

I’d just pick up whichever you’re drawn to, see how you like it, and put it up for sale after giving it a good chance if it doesn’t work for you.

Edit: A lot of vaporizers, especially the cheaper ones, have somewhat questionable material choices. I don’t like the Fury 2’s materials so I probably won’t buy one, but silicone is pretty common and as long as it’s not right by the heater I doubt it’s a big concern.

Always make sure to clean new vaporizers though, and at least for the cheaper battery powered ones make sure to run them without using them for a while until you can see that they’re not putting out fumes that you might not want to breathe in.

With the VC I’d just clean it with some isopropyl alcohol and q-tips or pipe cleaners to make sure there’s no manufacturing residue left. It’s easy to take apart and clean so not a big deal, and you can see and handle every single part of it.

Last edited:

AlanKeni

I don’t love VapCaps as much as @Squiby (although I do like and use them often), but here’s one quote from her:

“I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.”

She shows how to make a simple little filter and then goes on to say:

“The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

This technique, for me, gets me where I want to be with no lung irritation. It is the smoothest, coolest vapor I have ever experienced in a vape.”

Personally I wouldn’t want a VapCap to be my *only* option long-term, but I wouldn’t want to be without one either, and since it’s cheap and nearly indestructible, in my opinion it’s a good place to start if you do it Squiby’s Way. :)

You can find more good info from her and others in this short “Best of” thread if you want to know more:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

One more thing about adjusting airflow; the more expensive OmniVap has a condenser you can make longer or shorter, and it does have a Titanium tip with a bit more open airflow, but with the M you can cover and uncover the carb hole to adjust it, or you can put the o-ring inside over part or all of the carb hole to adjust it without worrying about the carb hole while you use it.

If you pick one up, since you don’t know for sure that you’ll like it yet I’d start with the M, the M with a Titanium tip for a bit better airflow and adjustable bowl size, or a NonaVong which should gone with a Ti tip and a spinning mouthpiece as well as a thicker body meant to fit into 14mm glass in case you want water filtration. :)

If you want to be discreet and you don’t think you can get away with a torch then the Fury 2 is probably the best option out of the things you listed, but if you can find a place to get away from people for a minute either one should work. Considering their price, you could even try both!

I have to say though, I’ve never used the Fury 2, I’ve just seen a lot of good comments on it and I know it’s smaller and more pocketable than most of the options people have posted for you.

I’d just pick up whichever you’re drawn to, see how you like it, and put it up for sale after giving it a good chance if it doesn’t work for you.

Edit: A lot of vaporizers, especially the cheaper ones, have somewhat questionable material choices. I don’t like the Fury 2’s materials so I probably won’t buy one, but silicone is pretty common and as long as it’s not right by the heater I doubt it’s a big concern.

Always make sure to clean new vaporizers though, and at least for the cheaper battery powered ones make sure to run them without using them for a while until you can see that they’re not putting out fumes that you might not want to breathe in.

With the VC I’d just clean it with some isopropyl alcohol and q-tips or pipe cleaners to make sure there’s no manufacturing residue left. It’s easy to take apart and clean so not a big deal, and you can see and handle every single part of it.
Thank you, you explanation is really helpful!

So from what I've understood the Fury 2 is smoother than the arizer air 2?

AlanKeni,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

Thank you, you explanation is really helpful!

So from what I've understood the Fury 2 is smoother than the arizer air 2?

No problem, I haven’t used the Fury 2 or Air 2 though, so someone else would have to answer that one. :)

Vaporware,

little maggie

It makes a difference what kind of silicone a vape uses. Food grade silicone is supposed to be safe. Also there are lots of options now for the fury such as capsules to carry. As for smoothness I'd ask on the fury thread which is smoother. The temp makes a difference on that and I don't remember airs temp because I couldn't use it with my breathing. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the vapes. Simplest might be to start with an m.

AlanKeni

I'm very impressed that such a simple and cheap vape like the vapcap can be a great vape for an asthmatic guy

I've read the thread, she says that the vapcap has 3-4 cycles and each one has its temperature. Isn't is too high 400°? I'm used to 185-187 celcius, not sure if 200 celcius would be smooth..

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I can compare the Fury 2 to the Solo II, which all the Arizer folks like better than the Air II for vapor quality:

The Fury 2 isn't smoother than the Solo II. When I first got my Solo II it became my go to over the Fury 2 because the longer glass stem led to cooler vapor at equivalent temps. After getting a Fierce the Solo II fell out of rotation entirely because it's more work to draw on.

Edit: you're gonna want to try a VapCap eventually. There's too much vapcap advocacy from the FC community for my taste. They're amazing vapes and I love mine; I just think they're suited to a specific style and I prefer it as one solid option among others. Every "which vape should I get" thread has multiple vapcap recommendations no matter what the user specifies.

Mouth pulling is my preferred vapcap method too but I take two to four mouth pulls in one big hit for each heat cycle. The technique of that along with reheating for each hit is peculiar and along with using a torch it takes getting used to. I can totally respect anyone who'd rather turn on an electric session vape and be able to hit it five or ten times at their leisure. Specifying your temp is another advantage of a session or on demand vape.

What I like most about my vapcaps is being able to decide if I'm done for now after each hit. I also really like my induction heater because the process is more consistent and less fussy than using a torch.

Edit 2: I didn't see your post with the prices. I'd get the Fury 2 with some sort of glass for home use (just go lower temp when using the black mouthpiece, the good grade silicone parts aren't near the heat source and they get coated with resin pretty immediately so I think of the glass/silicone airpath of the Fury 2 mouthpiece to be more a flavor hit than a health hit. Compared to the Fury 2 the Air isn't handy for outdoor use because it has a fragile glass stem that has to be stored separately. The Solo II (the closest I've had to the Air) comes with a little fanny pack thing that, while practical, is bulky and dumb looking.

Last edited:

little maggie

I can compare the Fury 2 to the Solo II, which all the Arizer folks like better than the Air II for vapor quality:

The Fury 2 isn't smoother than the Solo II. When I first got my Solo II it became my go to over the Fury 2 because the longer glass stem led to cooler vapor at equivalent temps. After getting a Fierce the Solo II fell out of rotation entirely because it's more work to draw on.

Edit: you're gonna want to try a VapCap eventually. There's too much vapcap advocacy from the FC community for my taste. They're amazing vapes and I love mine; I just think they're suited to a specific style and I prefer it as one solid option among others. Every "which vape should I get" thread has multiple vapcap recommendations no matter what the user specifies.

Mouth pulling is my preferred vapcap method too but I take two to four mouth pulls in one big hit for each heat cycle. The technique of that along with reheating for each hit is peculiar and along with using a torch it takes getting used to. I can totally respect anyone who'd rather turn on an electric session vape and be able to hit it five or ten times at their leisure. Specifying your temp is another advantage of a session or on demand vape.

What I like most about my vapcaps is being able to decide if I'm done for now after each hit. I also really like my induction heater because the process is more consistent and less fussy than using a torch.

Edit 2: I didn't see your post with the prices. I'd get the Fury 2 with some sort of glass for home use (just go lower temp when using the black mouthpiece, the good grade silicone parts aren't near the heat source and they get coated with resin pretty immediately so I think of the glass/silicone airpath of the Fury 2 mouthpiece to be more a flavor hit than a health hit. Compared to the Fury 2 the Air isn't handy for outdoor use because it has a fragile glass stem that has to be stored separately. The Solo II (the closest I've had to the Air) comes with a little fanny pack thing that, while practical, is bulky and dumb looking.
This is a great comparison. I agree that a vapcap is inevitable for many here. I'm just wondering if you tried the glass mp or used the stock plastic one?

AlanKeni

I can't get how the air 2 and the solo 2 are different, they both use the same heating technology..The difference is the long stem but i can get the solo stem and put it on the air 2..

I've seen the fury 2 curved glass stem, i don't like it, cant go out with that in my hands.. The fierce looks very good, unfortunately i can't find it in the European stores..

Is there any technique to heat the vapcap at low temperatures?

Also i think i can put the hemp fiber in the air 2 stem to help cooling the vapor. Will it works? Sorry guys for asking i lot of questions but when it comes to vapes the decision is very hard, and the fact that i have asthma doesn't help the choice ..

Last edited by a moderator:
AlanKeni,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p48/FIERCE_Glass_Bundle.html

$15 international shipping

It's true what you're saying that the bent stem and other glass accessories for the Fury 2 are not portable. It's also true that the Air II and Solo II aren't too different really and share stems. I was more saying that the awkward glass with the Fury 2 is something the black mouthpiece can help with, whereas the Air is always fragile with a glass stem as a separate piece.

The best way to get cool vapor from the VapCap is to pay top dollar for the Omni XL, which is all titanium and provides a bit more cooling with the longer size. You can also use a small bubbler or jhook to cool the vapor, but that's true of all your options (vapcap, Fury 2, and Air 2).

bossman,

AlanKeni

https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p48/FIERCE_Glass_Bundle.html

$15 international shipping

It's true what you're saying that the bent stem and other glass accessories for the Fury 2 are not portable. It's also true that the Air II and Solo II aren't too different really and share stems. I was more saying that the awkward glass with the Fury 2 is something the black mouthpiece can help with, whereas the Air is always fragile with a glass stem as a separate piece.

The best way to get cool vapor from the VapCap is to pay top dollar for the Omni XL, which is all titanium and provides a bit more cooling with the longer size. You can also use a small bubbler or jhook to cool the vapor, but that's true of all your options (vapcap, Fury 2, and Air 2).
The air 2 has a short stem with a plastic cap which i can use when i go out..

Why there are many different vapes when it comes to choose the right one? It's difficult to choose, i get different suggestions from different people, can"t see which one is the right vape for me..

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah man, you can totally get an Air and you'll be fine. I'm not trying to talk you out of anything. It's true that the little silicone caps on the glass stems are handy. You can keep two loaded and just pop them in after your Air heats up. I also learned from someone here that the caps can safely be put back on when the glass is hot too.

My only point was that having separate pieces like that isn't what some folks consider portable. I've totally taken my Solo II on the porch and the roof with no trouble and even appreciated the goofy little bag to tote the stems and vape safely enough.

AlanKeni

Yeah man, you can totally get an Air and you'll be fine. I'm not trying to talk you out of anything. It's true that the little silicone caps on the glass stems are handy. You can keep two loaded and just pop them in after your Air heats up. I also learned from someone here that the caps can safely be put back on when the glass is hot too.

My only point was that having separate pieces like that isn't what some folks consider portable. I've totally taken my Solo II on the porch and the roof with no trouble and even appreciated the goofy little bag to tote the stems and vape safely enough.
Here's the question: Fury 2 vs Arizer air 2, which one is smoother for my lungs?

I can get the Fury 2 for 99€ free shipping, the air 2 i can buy it for 138€ free shipping.

AlanKeni,

Vaporware

You can get lower temps with a VapCap by heating it toward the send of the cap.

I know you want to make the best decision here, but really all of the suggestions you’re considering are at least good from what I’ve seen. You should just decide which one you’d like to try first, don’t assume it will be the only one you ever buy, and give it a shot! :)

If the Fierce seems like the one to you, I’m sure there’s someone in Europe who has them or can at least get you one.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
At the same temp the Air II will have cooler vapor because of the big glass stem. Like @VaporWare says: they're all good options so just pick one to try first.

AlanKeni

Ok, final question: can i do mouth pulls frome those 2? It will help to be able to pull from the mouth then into the lungs

AlanKeni,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom