A new vaporizer under 200$

AlanKeni

Hi guys! My name is Alan, i'm from Italy :)

I have a Vivant alternate from 2017 and now i want to buy a new vape. I'm looking for a vape that gives smooth vapor, cuz i have asthma, allergic to grass pollen and mites, and i don't want to cough a lot while vaping. I had also a Magic flight launch box, never coughed off that vape but it gave me a lot of sore throat. I've seen a lot of vape reviews and they always say that that vapor is nice and smooth so i can't decide wich one is the right vape for me.

I live the arizer air 2 and the argo. I've seen other cheaper vapes like Odin 2 and i like the fact that is convection. Don't like the boundless vapes cuz of the plastic material (sick of my plasticky vivant).

What can i pick for under 200$? I'm not looking for big clouds or hits, just want to medicate with smooth vapor. Also i don't want to spend a lot for a vape while i can pick something cheaper wich has smooth vapor like my vivant, it gives me cool and tasty vapor, just want some new vape built off good materials.

Thank you :)

Meach

If you dont want to cough and have smooth hits...find a convection vape and get some glass...i recently aquired flowerate swift pro while it has major battery life drawbacks..the vapor is undeniably smooth

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
He/She got asthma. While I agree with convection producing smoother vapor - Convection always means longer draws compared to hybrids/conduction. Long draws are quite a pain when you are suffering from asthma...

I am with those suggesting portable Arizer products. No matter which one, choose by price and form factor preference. They are all great products with comparable performance. I have two friends with asthma and they get along well with Arizers. Are you mainly vaping on the go, get an ArGo. If you mainly vape at home, get a Solo or Solo II. If you want something in between with changeable cells, get an Air II.

The Fury 2 might be an option, too.

Last edited:

Meach

True convection does require longer draws...i find the fm swift pro produces good vape through water w minimal resistance starting at 410 deg..and the vapor is cool...i love my solo but at temps above level 5 it starts to make my throat scratchy...again water pipe with a good conduction/convection hybrid will probably minimize the irritations..good luck on your search

justcametomind

I love the Fury2, it's a LOT less plasticky than the Vivant Alternate, but still a tiny bit plasticky on the hot temps (which you wouldn't bother using since asthma?).
It may be a step above a Boundless CF, but it is still on the same league. 89€ from vaposhop (xmas sale). If you are looking for a reliable little vape on the cheap, F2 is one of the less plastickey and well tested of the bunch. There are a LOT of similar looking vapes sold on amazon or online resellers. They are clones of the Fury1 which is a lot more plasticky. It was a tempting alternative when F2 was 129€. Be safe and order from a reliable vendor if this will be your choice.
Arizer Air1/2/solo is a lot safer than Alternate but conduction, so it could still make you cough.
If desktop is an option you could be way better served by an Arizer Q. Bag or whip. Way cooler than any cheap portable will ever be, for almost the same price.
@VapoShop is a sponsor of this board. They have a coupon code which is VAPOBUST2018 to get 10% off new vapes. You can be sure they store legit units of every vape.

ginolicious

Convection vape may not be for you. But if you are contemplating a convection, I would suggest the Haze Square. Thing is pretty wild.

Vaporware

VapCaps can be a bit harsh depending on how you heat/use them, but they’re smooth for a lot of people, especially those comfortable with “mouth pulling” like most? people do with joints.

If that works for you (or if you want to use lower temps or a filter) they’re good options in that price range; they start at $60. They’re not plastic, they’re extremely durable and they can be used at home or on a desert island with no electricity (if you can find something to load them with and a decent heat source). ;)

Oh, they do have quite a bit of draw restriction, so if you need or want open airflow a VC may not be for you, otherwise check it out along with the others!

little maggie

I know this is different from the ones you're looking at but I've found that using a whip helps me prevent throat pain and coughing. The MVT2- mistvape- is under $200. It does need a 18650 battery. If you are out and about you can skip the whip and use the glass or wood mp.

little maggie,
Reactions: arb

virtualpurple

I find low temp sessions with my splinter z incredibly smooth and flavorful. At higher temperatures though it definitely can get warm.

Are you only interested in portables or are you considering desktops as well?

virtualpurple,
Reactions: arb

AlanKeni

The vivant is a hybrid but more conduction than convection and i can handle it..i vape at max 188 celcius and take long/medium gentle draws, when i feel i lil bit of scratch in my throat i stop inhaling. That's how i vape to prevent coughing. Also some strains from some vendors makes me cough and wheezing, if i get good clean weed i don't cough. Some of my friends cough a lot when using my vivant and they have not asthma, sometimes they tell me that i have better lungs than them :')

I really love the arizer air 2, from my experience with the MFLB wich has a glass stem, i didn't cough just sore throat. The vapor was very smooth, i toke long gentle draws and got huge clouds from the MFLB and didn't coughed.

I think that mouth pulls will be better for me, rather than direct lung pulls. With the vivant i can only draw directly to the lungs and that feels uncomfortable.

I want something for home use and portable when i want to take it out with me.

So wich vape is the better for me? Replaceable batteries would be a better option.

The swift pro is good but the battery life sucks. I found a vape named Odin 2 on vaposhop, they say it's convection, it's cheap but i can't find many reviews on it. Do you know that vape?

Last edited by a moderator:
AlanKeni,

Vaporware

If you specifically want mouth pulls, like I said a VapCap is a good option. You could just pick up a $60 M and a torch to try it out. If you liked it but didn’t want to heat with a torch you could pick up an induction heater later.

Vaporware,
Reactions: ejackyou

AlanKeni

If you specifically want mouth pulls, like I said a VapCap is a good option. You could just pick up a $60 M and a torch to try it out. If you liked it but didn’t want to heat with a torch you could pick up an induction heater later.
What is its temperature?

AlanKeni,

Vaporware

What is its temperature?

It’s not battery powered so you don’t set a specific temp. You adjust temps by how and where you heat it. If you heat closer to the end of the cap it’ll click at lower temps though, if that’s what you want.

If you want battery power instead of a torch, you can get an induction heater. You stick the cap in it for a few seconds and it’s ready to go.

Just check out the thread here or look at http://www.dynavap.com and see if you like it or not. It’s not for everyone, but it seems like it would fit well with the way you want to use it.

Vaporware,

AlanKeni

It’s not battery powered so you don’t set a specific temp. You adjust temps by how and where you heat it. If you heat closer to the end of the cap it’ll click at lower temps though, if that’s what you want.

If you want battery power instead of a torch, you can get an induction heater. You stick the cap in it for a few seconds and it’s ready to go.

Just check out the thread here or look at http://www.dynavap.com and see if you like it or not. It’s not for everyone, but it seems like it would fit well with the way you want to use it.
I'm watching some vapcap reviews, i wonder why they all cough while vaping it? Not sure if it produces cool vapor..

AlanKeni,

AlanKeni

I find it pretty hot unless I'm using a long mp- but then I cough at many vapes.
I don't think that vape is for me.. Choosing the right temp is better, i can start from 170 celsius and then go higher until i reach the highest temp i can vape

AlanKeni,

Vaporware

I'm watching some vapcap reviews, i wonder why they all cough while vaping it? Not sure if it produces cool vapor..

A lot of people cough because they get the largest hit they can and it ends up making them cough with most vaporizers. It very rarely makes me cough, and I use it straight to my lungs since I never smoked and never learned the mouth pull thing. If I suck hard it can feel a bit hot, but I guess that’s part of what the mouth pull technique is supposed to address.

If you’re more comfortable with something battery powered that you can set to an exact temp though, you have some other good suggestions above, but keep this in the back of your mind in case you ever get a chance to try one. If you do, just heat it toward the end of the cap to keep the temp lower. :)

Good luck with whichever you choose!

Vaporware,

AlanKeni

A lot of people cough because they get the largest hit they can and it ends up making them cough with most vaporizers. It very rarely makes me cough, and I use it straight to my lungs since I never smoked and never learned the mouth pull thing. If I suck hard it can feel a bit hot, but I guess that’s part of what the mouth pull technique is supposed to address.

If you’re more comfortable with something battery powered that you can set to an exact temp though, you have some other good suggestions above, but keep this in the back of your mind in case you ever get a chance to try one. If you do, just heat it toward the end of the cap to keep the temp lower. :)

Good luck with whichever you choose!
The price is good, i can buy it for 60€ from a local store here in Italy. I'm concerned about the direct inhaling, the fact that i can combust, and it's not very portable, if i bring it with me around the city i might seem like i'm smoking crack, lol. Is there any draw technique to get smooth vapor? I remember that i used a technique for the MFLB, short and gentle draws for 5 seconds inhale and leave it reheat for 3 seconds, for 5 times then i got very smooth tasty vapor.

AlanKeni,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I don't think that vape is for me.. Choosing the right temp is better, i can start from 170 celsius and then go higher until i reach the highest temp i can vape

m concerned about the direct inhaling, the fact that i can combust, and it's not very portable, if i bring it with me around the city i might seem like i'm smoking crack

I love my Vapcaps but your concerns are real, I wouldn't really recommend it to someone with sensitive lungs. Also I agree about the crack pipe factor for outdoor use.
It would probably better for you to get an electronic vape that allows you to set the proper temperature, keep in mind that the smaller ones (like the Fury) can give a slightly harsh vapor due to the very short air path and usually have a short battery life.

Comunque ciao Alan e benvenuto, fa piacere vedere un connazionale ogni tanto!

The Beagle,
Reactions: AlanKeni

AlanKeni

I love my Vapcaps but your concerns are real, I wouldn't really recommend it to someone with sensitive lungs. Also I agree about the crack pipe factor for outdoor use.
It would probably better for you to get an electronic vape that allows you to set the proper temperature, keep in mind that the smaller ones (like the Fury) can give a slightly harsh vapor due to the very short air path and usually have a short battery life.

Comunque ciao Alan e benvenuto, fa piacere vedere un connazionale ogni tanto!
Ciao Beagle! Non sapevo ci fossero degli italiani nel forum Comunque sono marocchino e vivo in Italia da 18 anni (sin da bambino) ma possiamo ritenerci comunque connazionali

Mi consigli un buon vapo per non avere problemi di asma? Parlano molto bene degli Arizer e in particolare mi piace l'Air 2, ma poi dicono che è meglio a convezione che di contro ha il fatto che devi fare dei tiri lunghi per avere un buon vapore. Quindi sono abbastanza confuso

Sorry for speaking italian guys, just introduced myself to The Beagle and asked his opinion about my question :)

AlanKeni,
Reactions: bossman

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Ciao Beagle! Non sapevo ci fossero degli italiani nel forum Comunque sono marocchino e vivo in Italia da 18 anni (sin da bambino) ma possiamo ritenerci comunque connazionali

Mi consigli un buon vapo per non avere problemi di asma? Parlano molto bene degli Arizer e in particolare mi piace l'Air 2, ma poi dicono che è meglio a convezione che di contro ha il fatto che devi fare dei tiri lunghi per avere un buon vapore. Quindi sono abbastanza confuso

Hi, Beagle! I didn't know there were Italians in the forum Anyway I'm Moroccan and I've been living in Italy for 18 years (since I was a child) but we can still consider ourselves fellow countrymen.

Could you advise me a good vape so as not to have asthma problems? They speak very well of the Arizer and in particular I like the Air 2, but then they say that it is better to convection than against has the fact that you have to make long throws to get a good steam. So I'm pretty confused

This rough translation has been brought to you by Dynavaper, your friendly translation bot. :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
For your budget and use case I'd look at the Fierce glass bundle. It's cool and comfortable with the bent stem or water pipe adapter and has less draw resistance than the Arizer vapes, which is something I value.

The Fury 2 could also suit you if you prefer the small size and lower price. Maybe get the wpa, bent glass stem, or bubbler mouthpiece to help keep the vapor comfortable.

bossman,
Top Bottom