• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

420EDC TiChillum: 3D Printed Titanium HashPipe & Vapor Cooling Unit

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
cs4zXVZ.jpg

Hey FC!

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone who is looking for a dual purpose product. It's a 3D Printed Titanium HashPipe called the TiChillum. Modular in design, the plan is to integrate other joints and designs into future builds. Functions as a hashpipe and a cooling unit for vaporizers like the Grasshopper shown here.

For anyone interested here on FC, it might be a good time to get on our email list as we have a few sales planned for the coming weeks.

Thanks for the support as always!

Baron23

cs4zXVZ.jpg

Hey FC!

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone who is looking for a dual purpose product. It's a 3D Printed Titanium HashPipe called the TiChillum. Modular in design, the plan is to integrate other joints and designs into future builds. Functions as a hashpipe and a cooling unit for vaporizers like the Grasshopper shown here.

For anyone interested here on FC, it might be a good time to get on our email list as we have a few sales planned for the coming weeks.

Thanks for the support as always!
Well, I just went to 420EDC.com and there ain't much there.

May I suggest that if you want to stimulate interest that we have some more pictures (including the inside) and more description of its intended use and what it can be used with (just the GH....any 14 mm male joint...what?)

Just need more info

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@Baron23 Thanks for the feedback. We can certainly add more pictures here and on the website. Our InstaGram is where most of our photos reside.

The silicon mouthpiece is what really connects this to the Grasshopper, for anyone with some silicon tubing and a little creativity the possibilities are many.

Baron23

@Baron23 Thanks for the feedback. We can certainly add more pictures here and on the website. Our InstaGram is where most of our photos reside.

The silicon mouthpiece is what really connects this to the Grasshopper, for anyone with some silicon tubing and a little creativity the possibilities are many.
oh, my bad! The initial screen did not show me much but I found when I clicked on the product picture it took me to more info and pictures. Sorry, you did have a lot more stuff up on the site. :ugh:

But the site is a little confusing. On your home page, the top banner with all of the selections (e.g. glassware, gallery, etc) is not easily found and only shows up once I rollover the area where the banner will show up.

Still, any further info (as it seems highly configurable) would be appreciated.

Again, sorry for my original mistake but you may want to take a look at your website's structure, specically don't make your top menu banner a rollover...nail it up there, I think (or I'm an idiot...a sentiment which most people actually agree with LOL)

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@Baron23 Let me see if there is a fix for that banner issue. May not happen right away but I appreciate your input. Glad you found the way in!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Would love to see a video of this in action while being used as a chillum. Question though: You refer to it as a hashpipe, how would it work with hash exactly?

I can certainly make a video, but I'm wondering if showing combustion would be OK on FC. The Chillum is a traditional hashpipe. If I'm using it with hash alone, I like to use an Herb Iron with it so I'm not wasting precious hash ($50/gram in the dispensaries in Vermont). The bowl on the chillum is very big and can also easily accommodate flowers or a mix of flowers and hash. If you want to use it just with hash, and don't have an Herb Iron, the other work around we like to use on hash is a glass wand heated with a torch or gas stove. Pack some hash around the rim of the TiChillum and touch the hot glass to it.

Just wandered in here and oh my; some of those colors really "pop". Yes, I woke and boked but check out this palette...Nice work!
https://www.420edc.com/tichillum-2/tichillum

Thanks for noticing the anodize work. We tried to pick an array of colors easy to reproduce that "pop" as you say.

I'll try and get some more pictures up in this thread of the TiChillum, just need to import them into Imgur. For anyone looking into grabbing a TiChillum, our Cyber Week sale is in effect, 10% off site wide (except Milaana 24/7 bundle) use code at checkout: Cyber10

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Interesting stuff! How is the airpath inside? Spiral? Does it cool well?

The airpath internally is wide open. This pipe was designed to be easy to clean for combusters. You can shake it and drop it all you want, it will take a lot more than that to break it. It is a modular design and attachments for keychain, lanyard and necklace carry are options.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
So, for us vaporists, is it simply a very durable stem extension? Does it cool the same as a glass tube of similar dimensions?
It cools very well as the mid section of the titanium gets warm during a session. The mouthpiece doesn't warm up with a capsule off the FW4 on the third setting. Just tried some 16:1 high CBD flowers with it.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
TiChillum landed. I haven't yet.

3D printed cooler for a 3D printed heater!

Best dry cooler for the GH I've tried. I enjoy long 20 to 30 second draws, and there's some voodoo going on in there that allows them. Voodoo is the technical term. The serial number 13 was my first clue.

Perhaps @cannabis.pro can explain it in layman's terms over in his thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/4...d-titanium-hashpipe-vapor-cooling-unit.23100/

4LjkIEY.jpg

Very small. Very light. I chose the bead blast finish for the look and feel. The GH condom fits snug in the bowl and it stays put during and after session. Good mouthpiece shape, too.

qRoudK8.jpg

Thank you for the support and mention @ChooChooCharlie! There is no voodoo going on with the TiChillum. The triangle cutouts are an escape hatch for titanium powder deposited inside the bowl but not hit with the laser. Acts as a heatsink of sorts as it isn't solid titanium and also saves on manufacturing/machine costs.

This piece was designed after an evaluation of several glass chillums. Extra airflow comes from the internal volume of the cooling unit otherwise known as the center piece. Glad to hear you are happy with the performance and the mouthpiece design.

Here is a limited run we are selling via our social media called our Interstellar Anodize:
rJ3j30T.jpg

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

I think the two "screen" sections with five holes each play a big role in cooling. Air gets turbulent both leaving and entering the holes. The turbulence forces more contact with walls to transfer heat. In a straight and open tube, much of the hot air passes through in a laminar way without contacting the walls, unable to be cooled. I expect more condensate buildup because of this, but I prefer the cool edge it gives my GH. The three pieces will go into a ziplock bag with 99 iso, and that bag placed in a bowl of very hot water. Should come out fine after 5 minutes and shaking, just like S&B cooling units.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Still loving the GH-TiChi experience! Pricey, but worth it for the style, cooling and great mouthpiece design that's, dare I say, civilized. And it's titanium, so no travel worries.

Pan was not impressed with my high tech machined GH device. He threw some choice barbs at me, called me poser. I replied that he must know a little something about posing.

We agreed he is better suited for a Milaana, being a wild spirit of Nature, living on the edge. I gave him your card.

Made a quick video to show off the chillum w/ a grasshopper last night. It should go live around 4 (I prefer to let it render and process for an hour or two rather than just make it live upon upload)

It's a sweet piece, I still have yet to find the best way to carry it with me... but I do love it.

ChooChooCharlie

@TRDreviews - If you twist/snug the GH and TiChi together tightly, they make a single straight unit, maintaining their connective chi energy flow as you take those long draws without discomfort. Haven't tried your angled technique, as I fear a disruption in the feng shui geometry.:mental:

Hope you have deciphered the twist directionality when taking apart for cleaning. I screwed up first time, pun intended. PM'd Mark and he explained it. I thought it was "lefty-loosey" at both ends. Nope. More difficult to explain than to do:

1. Hold TiChi sideways so you can read the 420EDC logo right side up. Now we have an Up and a Down orientation.
  2. To loosen, twist each end towards the Down orientation.
  3. To tighten, twist each end towards the Up orientation.

One of my ends sticks, so I got cheap gloves with silicone ridged grips to help.

You mentioned transport. I have a couple of carry bags, and usually keep the Hopper-TiChi unit intact inside one of the larger pockets. The drag about transporting them separately is the resin goo on the exterior of the GH silicone condom after several sessions. My solution to this messy situation was cheap silicone hookah mouthpiece shields; put them over the sticky condom end of GH to protect your pocket or case.

I especially like how hot the TiChillum feels to the touch after the second and third long draw. That means it's working. Imagine the lip and throat burns doing these same long draws without it.

And how about that kissable mouthpiece!?:love:

Top Bottom