Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks you reveal yourself as a very nice person, i didn't want to reply but you reiterate your insults.

so you feel I am arrogant and ignorant finding this item cheap and in dichotomy with its high range price?

Would you mind arguing for once your insults rather than going away as you did last time?

How do you justify its final price in comparison with another 300usd vape in market ? (I choose Apollo but if you have another example feel free)

Apologies if I offended you, not my intent, but that is just my feelings seeing people say the product cost less to produce, I still believe that to be an ignorant and arrogant statement since you cannot possibly know for sure, baseless speculation imo, not meant to be an insult at all. If it is merely an opinion that is one thing, but I do not think that is how it was presented... I have no interest in arguing and that is not what this thread is for, feel free to pm if you so desire. I will not comment on Apollo since I have not been able to try one yet, I was specifically referring to Evo among others (including Firefly and even Volcano really). For me Zion offers a greater value (I actually really like the design personally, like a Triihouse LSV to me) and even a lower price potentially, though I find all of them quite overpriced honestly, that's the dichotomy :2c::peace:

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
So with the wiring quandary I've done nottin yet, but looked down the barrel again, while sucking on Millie. Yes, that does sound good... Anyhoo, I'm tossing coins on replacing the wires with less frayed ones, or just pushing these back into their own sort-of line. To keep the wires apart i'm just going to snag one with a skewer through the airhole, and keep it captive in a corner, while another skewer holds the other wire to another corner, and that should keep them separate enough to operate without becoming a ZionBomb.

killick

But I like it!
Wierd idea, but with all the comparison requests we always seem to get, can someone with a Zion and two Milaanas do me a fave? Take a big hit off Zion at 3. Then, a few minutes later, attach two Milaanas together with an elastic band, fill two stems with the same strain used in the first test, and then take a big hot off the double-barrelled Milanna, and then tell me which one is better?

Thanks! ;)

DocGonzo

Can you tell how the wires were situated originally? Two unprotected wires just hanging out under the heater seems odd. Also kind of concerning that they're frayed. Did that happen when removing the female glass, or was it already frayed? I'm not sure if you'd even be able to tell that after the fact.

killick

But I like it!
They look like a couple of long wires that have been stripped, and are probably long enough to allow full remove and replacement of the entire heater assembly from the wood without disconnection. Which leaves a fair bit of stripped wire loose in the hole with the heater installed.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey guys!
I was thinking, why exactly does the Zion need a chip and not just a simple dimmer. Does the chip provide overcurrent protection or something? Or is it to help regulate temperature? I forget...

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS

It keeps up the voltage. So like a dimmer, but it has stuff in it for the batteries.

It is a $10 chip.

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0virtualkey0virtualkeyOKR-T-10-W12-C
Ah, so I guess that's technically a better setup than 7th floor in terms of holding voltage? They just use a "common household dimmer switch." So I guess the chip makes it so, despite the batteries draining, the voltage will stay the same? Hmm, interesting. Maybe not better than 7th floor because they use outlets anyways...probably wouldn't need any tech in there to hold voltage.

Thanks!

AJS,
Reactions: Vapenvy

hweezi

formally cwheezy
So has any Zion pre-orderer been able to trade their pre-order for a milaana and some change back?

After that lack of update I'm really getting annoyed and either want something or my money back.

Last edited:

DocGonzo

So has any Zion pre-orderer been able to trade their pre-order for a milaana and some change back?

After that lack of update I'm really getting annoyed and either want something or my money back.

I'm also curious about this. I really would prefer a Zion since it meets my needs much better, but who knows when it'll actually start shipping. I feel like the Zion pre-orders have all been left in the dark. Glad the Mi is launched and selling, but I no longer feel any desire to support RBT after this mess and my patience is worn thin.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Yeah I don't like how all we're told is to basically spend more money. I'm sorry but I'd rather not. Perhaps the Milaana and few extra batteries and we can call it even :D

Sick of waiting while all the other kids get to play, just give me whatcha got and maybe I'll consider the Zion later, is kind of how I'm thinking.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It is looking like (relatively) large numbers of Mi's are shipping, so he should run through the existing orders pretty soon. Based on what he has said I would think Zions would be back in production soon. I don't know, of course, and I don't know if he is finished making changes, but I would bet we will start seeing new Zions in July.

Admittedly I have said this before and been wrong, but I have a good feeling... :)

Shit Snacks

The option to order a Milaana at the lower price and get a refund on Zion is still available, so I'd say yes you absolutely can. The early Zion pricing as so low I personally wouldn't pass it up and continue to wait however long, but I can definitely see how it is frustrating. Best to have something else to focus on or just bow out, no use in getting antsy if it causes that much trouble to wait in the dark. I guess you need to weigh the idea of Zion against having something sooner, I still say both are worthwhile but I could see skipping Zion for Milaana even if it is more of a fully featured flagship. It does suck Zion has taken so much longer than expected, but that is also why Milaana was introduced and it has had a much swifter development production cycle at least

hippogriff

Remember when there were updates and giveaways and shit? I miss those days.
And the vibe was the antidote to the Grasshopper thread? Yeah that was nice. Some of that juice is happening in the Firewood thread - much less activity but the maker represents himself, responds to concerns, shares a lot of detail, and moves fairly quickly. The FW3 was just discontinued so the FW4 looks to have a good chance of coming out this year, should be a good read.

But all the threads I follow include a big share of comments that seem to say that anything less than Amazon Prime is rude, despicable behavior. Seems like letting people in on development requires just the right mix of disclosure, accurate scheduling, and displayable progress, and you still have to have a very thick skin and healthy boundaries. That's a lot to ask of inventors and development, I'd say if you're not up for the whole ride, it's better for perception management to just stay anonymous till you have a stock of product.

Tommy10

Mmmm! Only didn't order a Zion due to lack of international shipping. So glad I ordered a Mi instead, and it's actually real!
Will order a Zion one day, I'm just glad I'm not waiting.
Was there not someone who received a Zion and is STILL waiting on warrenty?

Tommy10,
Reactions: DocGonzo

Shit Snacks

Mmmm! Only didn't order a Zion due to lack of international shipping. So glad I ordered a Mi instead, and it's actually real!
Will order a Zion one day, I'm just glad I'm not waiting.
Was there not someone who received a Zion and is STILL waiting on warrenty?

Three actually, they're still waiitng bc of the redesigned parts, according to the last two updates at least, effectually more like a recall than a warranty service really (a beta is too)

Shit Snacks,

Tommy10

Haha oh boy! Seems they are understanding! I'd make a reddit account for that one if it were me!
I'm glad the unregulated Mi is a lot easier to handle than I first thought.
Will be getting Zion for double battery life and no increased preheat as battery drains, more so than the regulated power.

TeeJay1952

It seems RBT likes to ship with "Shock & Awe" If you have not heard anything that is good news. I get up everyday and peek and say to myself "Something is afoot!" and like the kid on Christmas who gets horse shit...Damn it must have just got away.
Soon my pretty, soon......

Top Bottom