Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There must be something in the air. I also switched back to the Zion yesterday for a refreshing change, and I agree with @thekarmawhore. They are a lot more different than you might expect. I found that I had to keep reminding myself that I didn't have to lift off the button the way I'd have to with the Milaana. I'd forgotten how nice it is to set the Zion for a low temperature hit and get the same thing every time. The Milaana changes for every hit, and while I find that easy to handle, it does require that you pay attention 100% of the time.

Yes! I was also not used to not having to pay as much attention again when I brought Zion back into the mix. That being said mine are packed away again and i have been relying on Milaana (with some assists from GH now too)

Mulehead

There must be something in the air. I also switched back to the Zion yesterday for a refreshing change, and I agree with @thekarmawhore. They are a lot more different than you might expect. I found that I had to keep reminding myself that I didn't have to lift off the button the way I'd have to with the Milaana. I'd forgotten how nice it is to set the Zion for a low temperature hit and get the same thing every time. The Milaana changes for every hit, and while I find that easy to handle, it does require that you pay attention 100% of the time.

Yep, that consistency of Zi is what I dig about it.
I think enough during the day, when I get home and relax Zi is my go to for a completely mindless experience.
I'd make it my portable but at this point, I value it way too much to put it in possible danger.

Mi has kinda proven to myself that I should be regulated at most times.
I like to lean on the button!

who also like to mainly use the Zion close to or if not at, full power? Does the Milaaana end up becoming a mini Zion? Or do you feel that there are appreciable differences between the two, even when used in such a similar manner?

I find that 65-70% is my sweet spot, so I use Mi at higher temp just guessing.
When I do turn Zi up and feather, I feel like it has more, or maybe quicker power?
Especially after warmed up, or back to back bowls.
Zi seems to retain a little more heat IMO.
Great question V-n-V!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ah, thanks so much for your responses & insights, chaps. What you're all saying makes good sense, and it certainly serves to further heighten my anticipation for the arrival of Vyv's little (bipolar) sis!
They are a lot more different than you might expect
Awesome to hear that. I do feel that people need to know this!
And from the sounds of it, they compliment each other very well.
I think enough during the day, when I get home and relax Zi is my go to for a completely mindless experience.
^^^Hey that's an interesting and very practical way of looking at it @Mulehead - while Milaaana will let you freefall, Zion will be your parachute. Different, but both exhilarating to the extreme!

I think I'm going to enjoy getting to know the soon to be new mistress that is Milaaana.
Sorry Kero, but no plus1's - we're already at capacity . . . . ;)
We must be on the same wavelength!
FrequenZi? :)

Thank you guys.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Party on Wayne! :rockon:
Party on Garth! :rockon:

:peace:

thekarmawhore

*Deedloo , deedlooo, deedlooo, deedlooo!*

Time to crank the Marshall!!!
YhPbSk5.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
I've spent my night reminiscing of the quiescent moments and tranquil atmospheric mood that my Nano used to bring me even during the dullest of nights. Her unique grains personified her in a way which led to an amiable relationship which seemed never ending, how could it?. The silky smooth sensation of those white rapids flowing through the stem kept me yearning...Until I received word that it was possible, but doubtful, that an apparatus was capable of producing that smooth resinous-rich hit that the Nano left so desirable, but in a portable form. I looked away for many moons, until one day I decided to revisit the thread. The prophecy was true. This new device was spreading waves of new energy across the web of combustion fuckers, and they were strong.
I look ahead to the rising sun, in hopes that the Zion will bring upon a new wave of tranquility into this turbulent roller coaster we call life. The Nano is but a sad reminder of what it means to appreciate consistency in one's life. Bring me back to Zion. Give me Exotic grains.

mephisto

^ +100, ahhhhh that was so eloquently worded and calming that I briefly let go of my poor attitude towards my being repaired Irene #18. Thanks for that, no sarcasm. Would you like to earn some extra money writing me calming paragraphs to help with my other anger issues?
I am firing up my virgin redwood burl nano in your honor tonight good sir! This stem's for you.

AJS

Calm Consistency
^ +100, ahhhhh that was so eloquently worded and calming that I briefly let go of my poor attitude towards my being repaired Irene #18. Thanks for that, no sarcasm. Would you like to earn some extra money writing me calming paragraphs to help with my other anger issues?
I am firing up my virgin redwood burl nano in your honor tonight good sir! This stem's for you.

That is an honor. Redwood Burl...ugh, that's my dream wood. One day, when I'm settled, I'll have one. I promise you! Thank you so much!

You have no idea how long it took me to write that paragraph. It's not difficult to convey a message, but it is very difficult to find words and arrange them in a way that reads like poetry. It's like bringing art to reading, it's so fun! I have a strong appreciation towards imagery and flow.

I need to read more, I have a poor vocabulary and have difficulty phrasing sentences correctly.

Dictionary.com helped...

Reading the answers to VnV's question really helped me appreciate my wait more. I can't wait to feel that consistency again, it's probably the most important aspect of my life. Avoid turbulance and disorder, seek tranquility and placidity.
I REALLY hope the Zion on 10 is more intense than the Milaana. At least...my Milaana. That would be a slight disappointment to be running on 10 all the time to yeild Milaana-like results.
I don't see this being the case though. Not from the way it's described.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That is an honor. Redwood Burl...ugh, that's my dream wood. One day, when I'm settled, I'll have one. I promise you! Thank you so much!

You have no idea how long it took me to write that paragraph. It's not difficult to convey a message, but it is very difficult to find words and arrange them in a way that reads like poetry. It's like bringing art to reading, it's so fun! I have a strong appreciation towards imagery and flow.

I need to read more, I have a poor vocabulary and have difficulty phrasing sentences correctly.

Dictionary.com helped...

Reading the answers to VnV's question really helped me appreciate my wait more. I can't wait to feel that consistency again, it's probably the most important aspect of my life. Avoid turbulance and disorder, seek tranquility and placidity.
I REALLY hope the Zion on 10 is more intense than the Milaana. At least...my Milaana. That would be a slight disappointment to be running on 10 all the time to yeild Milaana-like results.
I don't see this being the case though. Not from the way it's described.

Don't forget, Zion actually goes to 11 too ;)

little maggie

OK I'm jealous of all of you who have Zion's to compare to the Milaana's. I came so close to having one. There are a couple of us who should be first to receive one when they are ready (#22 but had to be sent back). I wonder when it will arrive? Meanwhile I mainly use Aiden for all my herb needs.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Mine is a lesser Zion (sorry Venus) as it is an early beta, but is still quite wonderful and easier to tame than Bam Bam. Not that Bab Bam is hard to use, but if you completely lose your attention on her (as can happen after all) she can surprise. With Venus there is no need to feather the button as the temp swings aren't there because you can set the max temp. So if I am not at low temp for flavor I just hold the button and hit till I have my fill or the bowl is done or needs a stir.
I gotta tell ya I have another 20% at the top of my dial I never use... ;)

I just use flowers, but still...

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I gotta tell ya I have another 20% at the top of my dial I never use... ;)
This is awesome to hear! Very nice!

So, when you set the temperature, does it peak at that temperature and then slowly climb? Or does it just hit and sit? I seemed to recall that it would continue to climb just past the set "temp".

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This is awesome to hear! Very nice!

So, when you set the temperature, does it peak at that temperature and then slowly climb? Or does it just hit and sit? I seemed to recall that it would continue to climb just past the set "temp".

You set the power, not the temperature. The temperature rises quickly (5-10 seconds) to the vaping temperature, which is determined by the power knob setting. After that, it continues to get hotter but the curve flattens considerably. You have to hold the button for a long time before there is any further noticeable change, at least 15-20 seconds. Even then the change is minor, and there is no reason to hold the button that long.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
temp swings aren't there because you can set the max temp.
Right, this is kinda a misstatement so I will restate it. As Pak said, I am really setting a max power level, and there may be a little temp variation based on draw and hold time. The knob is power level, not temp, tho it translates to temp along with the other variables like draw speed. It DOES make it a lot easier to avoid combustion, even with some inattention. And I like me some inattention... ;)

Sasquatch_Jr

I'm out.

Reason is mostly that I have a kid on the way and am starting to cut back on vaping. I also recently traded up my Crafty for a Mighty and I don't really need another large-ish battery powered heavy hitter. If I do buy another vape it will be something more pocketable.

I'm also a bit weary of the QA issues and sloppy build quality on the Millanas, the total lack of communication on when Zions will start shipping, and the general lack of competence with respect to running a sustainable business.

That being said this does look like a nice vape and if not for the need to cut back on vaping I'd still be in regardless of what my spidey sense is telling me about RBT. I wish you all the best of luck and you actually have working vapes in hand soon.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I still use the Zion every single day. Often exclusively. I am maybe in the minority as i almost always just use it dry with the long stem.

When i want water i reach for the Supreme 3 or Evo but most of the time is Zion dry. This is at home next to the big boys, Zion still impresses.

Last edited:

Sasquatch_Jr

I just wanted to add a data point on the time it takes to receive a refund as my experience seems to be very different from what I've seen posted here by others.

Refund requested Thursday evening and received Saturday morning. It could be that RBT processes refunds once every 2 weeks and I happened to put in my request at the right time or it could be that I included a friendly note in the refund reason box instead of going after him or accusing him of anything. (I'd be interested to hear what those who had a long wait put down as their reason, even though I don't think it excuses a long wait.)

Whatever the reason for the fast service I feel the need to share this timeline here and let it be known that not everyone has to wait forever for a refund.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I just wanted to add a data point on the time it takes to receive a refund as my experience seems to be very different from what I've seen posted here by others.

Refund requested Thursday evening and received Saturday morning. It could be that RBT processes refunds once every 2 weeks and I happened to put in my request at the right time or it could be that I included a friendly note in the refund reason box instead of going after him or accusing him of anything. (I'd be interested to hear what those who had a long wait put down as their reason, even though I don't think it excuses a long wait.)

Whatever the reason for the fast service I feel the need to share this timeline here and let it be known that not everyone has to wait forever for a refund.

Damn, you're pretty slick. Who would have thought of that? :rofl:

Just kidding of course. Never ceases to amaze me how few understand and then cry and whine when they don't get good service. For those of you this is news to, it works pretty well for anything - not just vape refunds.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Seems a little redundant to state why you want a refund for a product you never received.

I mean, seems obvious doesn't it ?

I guess it's there so it doesn't have to be changed later.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
The "Reason for Refund Request" field is required on the form: http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/refund
That still doesn't mean that people that didn't get timely refunds put anything negative in the field. As you said, it shouldn't matter what someone puts there anyway. As we have seen in the past though, RBT tends to get butt hurt when people complain.

Mod note: Let's leave comments like 'butt hurt' out of our posts... there are nicer ways to get your point across.

Last edited by a moderator:

christohari

So ive kinda been in and out of this thread hoping for news of shipping or when/where it will be available for purchase again? whether preorder or otherwise.. is it only the PV website? Should i just hold off until they are in stock officially? ETA? i think i read August? I do have a few other quality vapes to keep me occupied but from what ive read from other members on this thread, this vape seems well suited for my needs. Any info will be helpful, thanks

christohari,
Top Bottom