Discontinued Zion vaporizer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right. :) Depending on what screen I am using and how packed, my loads in Venus run between .05g and .3g, so there is variation. Using the Arizer dome screens (most common for me) that .1g number is pretty solid. I usually throw the batteries in the charger at around 3.6v, tho, so I won't get quite as much out of a set. That would be about 12 stems in this test.
And YES! Always need more testing... :)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
a gram a battery is 2 grams daily on 2 batts, which is just about my limit on the my heaviest day... I'm still not 100% convinced I'm making it all day on 4 batts, every day, but it looks real good according to these numbers.

BTW / amazon is amazing, got the D4 today.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Bravesst you won't know for sure until you get your Zion and start using it. My only advice is keep on top of charging.
As I've said I lunched it once and don't have a usable back up so did without.
It's worth waiting and seeing how it pans out. You have back ups so at least you can use one of those if you do run out of juice.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey hey! :D

Thanx for all of the positivity, guys!

So, with regards to loads - I am using RBT basket screens, postioned flush with the end of the stem, lightly packed (for minimum draw resistance) with a fairly fine shred.

I have just been hunting for a way to give you a numerical figure to fill this gap in my test data, but unfortunately, due their extremely infrequent use, all of my current means of measurment are proving to be illusive :hmm:

I will find them however, and update you with my findings . . . .

Now please, please, let me know if you are all getting sick of these pics! . . . But the camera is seriously loving little Johnny come lately! And he seems to lend himself so very well to a variety of different settings, that with his chiseled, rugged good looks, the boy really is hard to resist once he strikes a pose . . . . and what with all of his good work in the lab just recently, I thought that he deserved a little R&R.

All eyes on you, Johnny . . . .

Lazy Sunday afternoonz . . . . LivingTheZionLife :tup:

Bless!
:peace:

doubledown

Johnny #5 is alive! Haha! Looks like you, @VegNVape, are having a pretty good time yourself! Making me want to come out and spend a couple days traveling with you and Johnny. Good perspective with the bottle ;) and I love the close up of the stem and joints. Really gives me an even better idea of its personality. Please post all the pics you want imho.

Side note:
A couple years ago I was into e-cigs and bottom fed mod boxes in particular. The Zion brings me back to my favorite. It was a real work of art produced by one guy and his son if I remember correctly. His exotic wood mods ran on 18650 batts and had the same button that the Zion is using. It worked like a champ and drew admirers everytime I brought it out. The name is Red Sky Mods if anyone is curious. He has a thread at the ecf forum. If you appreciate the Zion, I would think you would also enjoy the craftsmanship that goes into these beauties.

Last edited:

Philreal187

@VegNVape I agree I love checking out all the awesome pictures of ur zion keep them coming!!

R u really using this in a restaurant?

I will take my haze to the outdoor seating at a local bar/restaurant but cant imagine indoors.

natural farmer

Johnny #5 is alive! Haha! Looks like you, @VegNVape, are having a pretty good time yourself! Making me want to come out and spend a couple days traveling with you and Johnny. Good perspective with the bottle ;) and I love the close up of the stem and joints. Really gives me an even better idea of its personality. Please post all the pics you want imho.

Side note:
A couple years ago I was into e-cigs and bottom fed mod boxes in particular. The Zion brings me back to my favorite. It was a real work of art produced by one guy and his son if I remember correctly. His exotic wood mods ran on 18650 batts and had the same button that the Zion is using. It worked like a champ and drew admirers everytime I brought it out. The name is Red Sky Mods if anyone is curious. He has a thread at the ecf forum. If you appreciate the Zion, I would think you would also enjoy the craftsmanship that goes into these beauties.

:o:o:o :whoa::whoa::whoa: :o:o:o

Oh my! @RastaBuddhaTao and @thekarmawhore should definitely collaborate with these guys! It could raise their already amazing products to another level in craftsmanship!!! :drool::drool::drool:

Do dreams come true sometimes? Great post @doubledown !!!!! :clap:

EDIT: Some of those e-cig guys have certainly taken VAS to a whole different level... :freak:

uoqdkam.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm curious. How long do you have to intend to store them before they shouldn't be left full? Mine are currently sitting for only a day at most, so I am not concerned, but I'm wondering about weeks. I assume it DOES apply to months...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm curious. How long do you have to intend to store them before they shouldn't be left full? Mine are currently sitting for only a day at most, so I am not concerned, but I'm wondering about weeks. I assume it DOES apply to months...

I always press my trigger a couple times on a freshly charged set if I wont be taking a hit for a while. Maybe I'm just over cautious though, took it to mean even an hour isn't great ideally

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

grokit

well-worn member
Now that y'all got be curious, there is some good stuff here...
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

In the second link I found this: Store at 40% charge in cool place (40% SoC reads 3.75–3.80V/cell). Do not go below 2.0V/cell.

But it doesn't mention (that I could find) how much time constitutes "storage"...

"You
Browser
Working

Seattle
CloudFlare
Working

batteryuniversity.com
Host
Error"

:huh: (both pages)

grokit,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Beats me. Both pages still work for me. So does the root.

Maybe your browser doesn't like the missing www.?

cybrguy,
Top Bottom